PDA

View Full Version : Obama's post-campaign report: how they won

Matt Collins
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
What do you think of this?
http://secure.assets.bostatic.com/frontend/projects/legacy/legacy-report.pdf

Mr.NoSmile
03-25-2013, 09:05 PM
There's a lot to take in here, as it shows just how effective the Obama campaign was at getting out and sending a message. While enthusiasm may not have been the lightning rod it was in 2008, it does show what a lot of planning, persuasion and registration can do if you properly sell your message. A lesson that many in the GOP still do not and probably will never seem to get. If Paul is serious about running, people who support him need to hit the ground running as soon as possible rather than later.

Matt Collins
03-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I think the best thing that helped Obama was how awful of a candidate that Mitt Romney was.

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
I think the best thing that helped Obama was how awful of a candidate that Mitt Romney was.

Yeah, I totally cared that Stalin beat Hitler:rolleyes:

OK, a little exaggeration there, but the point is made. Obama has killed thousands of times more people than Ted Bundy has. Romney wants to kill even more people. I wouldn't have voted for him, but I felt like Obama was marginally less bad. Romney's rhetoric was a little better, but when it comes down to it... neither candidate is going to touch the Fed. Reserve... But I know one candidate is likely to attack Iran, while the other was nearly certaint to attack Iran. The donkey is the lesser of two evils...

Of course, it was mostly idiocy that people participated in the game at all. I respect those who voted for Gary Johnson, didn't vote, or even those who voted for Stein (Theft is not as serious as murder) moreso than the people who voted for mass murderer A or mass murderer B.

Todd
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I totally cared that Stalin beat Hitler:rolleyes:

OK, a little exaggeration there, but the point is made. Obama has killed thousands of times more people than Ted Bundy has. Romney wants to kill even more people. I wouldn't have voted for him, but I felt like Obama was marginally less bad. Romney's rhetoric was a little better, but when it comes down to it... neither candidate is going to touch the Fed. Reserve... But I know one candidate is likely to attack Iran, while the other was nearly certaint to attack Iran. The donkey is the lesser of two evils...

Of course, it was mostly idiocy that people participated in the game at all. I respect those who voted for Gary Johnson, didn't vote, or even those who voted for Stein (Theft is not as serious as murder) moreso than the people who voted for mass murderer A or mass murderer B.

The average voter sees a tremendous gulf between Obama and Romney and doesn't even think like this. There are tens of millions of "Average Voters".