PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker just hired a neocon

itshappening
03-25-2013, 01:37 PM
Oh wow, so not only is Rubio hiring former Bush people and neocons but now Scott Walker. Extremely disappointing to say the least.

These people have got their tentacles in a lot of people and will be running multiple candidates against Rand come 2016.

-
Governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin, a potential contender for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, is collaborating on a book with Marc Thiessen, a former chief speechwriter for President George W. Bush.

“I think Scott wants to do more to tell his story,” says a Wisconsin Republican familiar with the project. “Everybody knows about what he’s done, but not everybody knows about him. This book will be something that colors in the picture.”

Sentinel, an imprint of the Penguin Group, will publish the book, which doesn’t yet have a title. It’s expected to focus on Walker’s gubernatorial experience. Sources say the book will also be autobiographical, with stories about his family, his values, and his rise to power.

Friends say Walker tapped Thiessen, a former Bush and Donald Rumsfeld adviser, due to Thiessen’s understanding of the political and fiscal aspects of Walker’s efforts. Over the past few years, Thiessen has written several columns about Walker’s reforms.

Thiessen’s first book, Courting Disaster (2010), a New York Times bestseller, defended the CIA’s role in the War on Terror and criticized President Obama’s handling of intelligence policy.

Walker, who was elected in 2010 and won a recall election last year, recently spoke at the Conservative Political Action Conference, where he was warmly received. He is scheduled to speak at an Iowa Republican-party dinner in May.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/343881/walker-writing-book-former-bush-adviser-robert-costa

compromise
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Sentinel, an imprint of the Penguin Group, will publish the book, which doesn’t yet have a title. It’s expected to focus on Walker’s gubernatorial experience. Sources say the book will also be autobiographical, with stories about his family, his values, and his rise to power.

It's not about foreign policy. I don't see the issue.

itshappening
03-25-2013, 01:44 PM

It's an issue because he's a former Bush guy. They're getting their claws into him for a reason.

kathy88
03-25-2013, 02:03 PM
When Levin et al start talking him up are you going to post the articles?

itshappening
03-25-2013, 02:12 PM
When Levin et al start talking him up are you going to post the articles?

Why on earth would I do that? I have no interest in that. I take an interest when he's slamming GOP leadership and praising Rand. He's one of the few who does that.

Galileo Galilei
03-25-2013, 02:28 PM
another neocon sold out to the pro-liberty forces. This is a sad day for Bill Kristol & company. :-(

Lucille
03-25-2013, 02:34 PM
The fact that he exempted the "first responder (http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/22/walker-may-have-wasted-political-capital-by-sparing-wisconsins-policemen-and-firemen/)" unions from his collective bargaining ban should have been the first clue.

Anti-Neocon
03-25-2013, 04:57 PM
If he hired Justin Raimondo, what would you think?

itshappening
03-25-2013, 07:05 PM
There is no question that the Bushies are trying to get their claws into him and run him.

Maybe they will mask his position on foreign policy and he will sound like Rand but you can usually tell by the types of people they hire... like Rubio's staff are all out of the Bush and Cheney administration so it's not a surprise he's a neocon.

Maybe Walker will sound less aggressive than Rubio to give a false choice and blunt Rand if he does run.

These guys aren't stupid.

wormyguy
03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't see how having been in the Bush administration automatically translates into being a "neocon." Is Colin Powell a neocon? How about Doug Wead?

AuH20
03-25-2013, 08:30 PM
I don't see how having been in the Bush administration automatically translates into being a "neocon." Is Colin Powell a neocon? How about Doug Wead?

Correct. Pat Buchanan wrote speeches for Nixon. But would anyone confuse him with being a Nixonite? Just because you work for an admin in some capacity doesn't mean you are a dsiciple.

itshappening
03-25-2013, 08:47 PM

Yes, Powell went to the UN and told bunch of lies to get into a war with Iraq. He's a big fat Neocon former General.

Doug Wead wasn't in W's administration was he?

itshappening
03-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Correct. Pat Buchanan wrote speeches for Nixon. But would anyone confuse him with being a Nixonite? Just because you work for an admin in some capacity doesn't mean you are a dsiciple.

it invariably does with the Bush gang, trust me. The guy Walker hired is a big supporter of the War on Terror. Go look him up

Galileo Galilei
03-25-2013, 08:55 PM
it invariably does with the Bush gang, trust me. The guy Walker hired is a big supporter of the War on Terror. Go look him up

I live in Wisconsin. There ain't no [locally run] war on terror here.