PDA

View Full Version : I Am Pro Choice

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:03 PM
ETA - Forgot, huge hat tip to green73, who's OP in "Best Picture" thread prompted this.

This could literally go on for a thousand panels.

I'll start:

Can I choose to drink raw milk?

http://i.imgur.com/4yQFfBO.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Can I choose a Ford Focus turbo diesel?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Can I choose a toilet that will flush?

sailingaway
03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Can I choose my own form of health insurance if and only if I want it?

-- you are right, they barely touched the tip of it.

MRK
03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Can I choose to not fund preemptive invasions across the world?

No, that's not humanitarian.

WM_in_MO
03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
Can I choose to smoke the reefer?

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:07 PM
You get the choice to murder. And you'd be "Defending our freedoms" by doing so.

Liberals are so full of BS... Hence why I don't really like the terminology of "Pro-choice" and even "Pro-life." I unapologetically support the execution of murderers, whether they be inside or outside of the government, and I fully support the right to use violence to defend yourself, your family, or your country. I am opposed to AGGRESSIVE violence, whether against the unborn, or the born.

And I'm pro-choice on almost everything, but I am not pro the choice to kill your child. If you want to hire a prostitute or shoot heroin, be my guest. You just don't have a right to kill...

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Can I choose to smoke the reefer?

No, that's not good for you, and makes you a less effective tax slave.

kathy88
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Can I choose non-GMO salmon?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM

I'll start:

No, you might get sick.

Can I carry 5 oz of cheese dip onto a plane?

Constitutional Paulicy
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Can I chose to board a flight without being groped or exposed to excessive amounts of radiation?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
No, mutant eel-fish grow faster.

Matthew5
03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Can I choose with whom I associate?

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Only if that person has yet to be born.

juleswin
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Can I choose to pick a school for my kid without leaving my tax money behind?

Constitutional Paulicy
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Can I browse the internet without the concern of unjustly being stalked by the government?

Constitutional Paulicy
03-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Can I live abroad in Taiwan as I have for over 15 years and not need to continue to pay taxes to Uncle Sam on my income each year?

juleswin
Can I choose not be a member of a public union?

donnay
Can I choose to be left alone?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Can I choose not to have fluoride put into my water supply?

presence
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Can I choose pistol grip?

What about that thingy on the shoulder that goes up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Can I live abroad in Taiwan as I have for over 15 years and not need to continue to pay taxes to Uncle Sam on my income each year?

Taiwan is probably gonna be ruled by China soon, unless the US starts another war which would likely lead to WWIII.

Can I choose not be a member of a public union?

What do you mean by this exactly? If a private company makes a "Closed shop" Deal with a Union I think this falls under "Freedom to asscoiate." That business has a right not to hire ("Associate with") people who don't join the union. Admittedly, the union likely used market pressure, but so did businesses. Not something government should regulate.

aGameOfThrones
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Can I Choose The President of These United States?

Waiting on the LOL gif

gwax23
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
loved this

juleswin
03-25-2013, 12:30 PM
What do you mean by this exactly? If a private company makes a "Closed shop" Deal with a Union I think this falls under "Freedom to asscoiate." That business has a right not to hire ("Associate with") people who don't join the union. Admittedly, the union likely used market pressure, but so did businesses. Not something government should regulate.

I meant to say public sector union

Constitutional Paulicy
03-25-2013, 12:30 PM

Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner.

abacabb
03-25-2013, 12:31 PM
ETA - Forgot, huge hat tip to green73, who's OP in "Best Picture" thread prompted this.

I'll start:

http://i.imgur.com/4yQFfBO.jpg
+rep infinity

Restore America Now
03-25-2013, 12:32 PM

Yes, if you renounce your US citizenship and pay a huge fee upfront. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
Keep 'em coming...there is win in this thread.

juleswin

Waiting on the LOL gif

Even better, can I choose not to be ruled by anybody?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Can I choose foie gras for dinner?

CaptUSA
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Can I choose to build a deck on my house? Whaddya mean, "only if you approve"?
Can I choose to sell things to people who want things? Whaddya mean, "I have to pay to get your permission"?
Can I choose to blow up some fireworks in my own field?
Can I choose to cut down my trees?

seraphson
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Can I choose to pay my debts public or private in silver or gold?

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:37 PM
I would have +1ed the OP but "I have to spread some reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."

At the very least, before not being ruled by anyone, you should give me four years as President to put all of our non-liberty politicians, current or former but still living, on Nuremberg Trial, to sell off all our non-nuclear military weapons to the general population, to make sure every non-violent drug user or dealer gets out of jail, to make sure every abortion doctor gets into jail... no scrap that, I'm getting rid of the government in four years, so add them to the "Nuremberg" category, execute everyone who is proven guilty in said Nuremberg Trial, to dismantle all nuclear weapons, to pardon everyone proven guilty of refusing to pay taxes, to plunder the estates of every non-liberty member of congress to partially confiscate the families of those murdered by government.... OK my four years are probably up so hasta la vista!

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM

Waiting on the LOL gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03dutXOzM1qbxmbeo1_500.gif

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Can I choose foie gras for dinner?

No, only animals have rights, people don't have rights:rolleyes:

Can I choose to kill GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS? I could be wrong but it seems to me that they deserve it more than the unborn do (Not a condoning of killing, except under Nuremberg Trial after I become President;))

WM_in_MO
03-25-2013, 12:39 PM
I would have +1ed the OP but "I have to spread some reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."

At the very least, before not being ruled by anyone, you should give me four years as President to put all of our non-liberty politicians, current or former but still living, on Nuremberg Trial, to sell off all our non-nuclear military weapons to the general population, to make sure every non-violent drug user or dealer gets out of jail, to make sure every abortion doctor gets into jail... no scrap that, I'm getting rid of the government in four years, so add them to the "Nuremberg" category, execute everyone who is proven guilty in said Nuremberg Trial, to dismantle all nuclear weapons, to pardon everyone proven guilty of refusing to pay taxes, to plunder the estates of every non-liberty member of congress to partially confiscate the families of those murdered by government.... OK my four years are probably up so hasta la vista!

Off to room 101 with you, time for your appointment.

Anti Federalist
Can I choose to build a home of my own design and construction?

presence
May I pick up road kill without a permit?

May I keep a gun under my mattress?

May I fix my neighbours house without a licence?

May I talk I my cell phone and drive?

May I drive with no seatbelt?

juleswin
03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Can I choose to freely practice my profession without obtaining a license from the state?

talkingpointes
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM
You get the choice to murder. And you'd be "Defending our freedoms" by doing so.

Liberals are so full of BS... Hence why I don't really like the terminology of "Pro-choice" and even "Pro-life." I unapologetically support the execution of murderers, whether they be inside or outside of the government, and I fully support the right to use violence to defend yourself, your family, or your country. I am opposed to AGGRESSIVE violence, whether against the unborn, or the born.

And I'm pro-choice on almost everything, but I am not pro the choice to kill your child. If you want to hire a prostitute or shoot heroin, be my guest. You just don't have a right to kill...

If you execute a murderer that makes you a murde... .never mind

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:41 PM

This is at least arguably dangerous. Granted, I don't agree with the law against it (I think texting while driving is way worse, however, and may actually warrant being against the law) but at least that arguably endangers other people. Not wearing a seatbelt does not...

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
If you execute a murderer that makes you a murde... .never mind

Are you serious or not? And if you are, why?

talkingpointes
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
This is at least arguably dangerous. Granted, I don't agree with the law against it (I think texting while driving is way worse, however, and may actually warrant being against the law) but at least that arguably endangers other people. Not wearing a seatbelt does not...

A law telling people not to text and drive will just make them hide the phone and pay even less attention then before. Laws don't modify behavior.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Can I choose to travel without "papers"?

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
A law telling people not to text and drive will just make them hide the phone and pay even less attention then before. Laws don't modify behavior.

That may be true. If it actually causes more people to die than I'd say its a bad plan. I do support privatization of roads and letting owners make their own rules, but I don't support abolition of all safety standards just because government illicitly controls the roads. I don't agree with speed limits in most cases. I don't agree with seat belt laws for any adult, and probably not for a teenager either. Neither of these things are actually endangering anyone's safety to any significant extent except perhaps the person doing it. But texting, or being intoxicated, while driving actually does.

I'm not saying you necessarily throw the book at people who text while drive but I think a small fine to encourage them not to do it, and certainly way more if they actually cause harm while doing it, is probably justified if the government must own the roads.

donnay
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Can I choose Ron Paul for President?

CaptUSA
03-25-2013, 12:49 PM
Can I choose to pay someone to have sex with me?

(ok, here's hoping my wife doesn't read too much into that. It was just hypothetical, honey!)

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM

Seconded....

(ok, here's hoping my wife doesn't read too much into that. It was just hypothetical, honey!)

Lol.

But yes, you can. Armed thugs might kidnap you if you do, however...:)

Neil Desmond
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM

Yeah, stuff like that is examples of doublethink newspeak in Nineteen Eighty Four, Orwell's novel about a dystopia.

EBounding
03-25-2013, 12:53 PM
Actually, Linus has no say in the matter since he is a man.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Actually, Linus has no say in the matter since he is a man.

Can I choose that you not abort my offspring?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Can I choose police not armed to to the teeth like military oppressors by the FedCoats?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Can I choose not to have my home and property under surveillance?

juleswin
03-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Can I choose not to participate in SS and Medicare?

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Can I choose police not armed to to the teeth like military oppressors by the FedCoats?

In theory I see no reason why a peace officer shouldn't be able to be armed, as long as we also have the right to bear arms. Its special privleges I object to, not officers being armed. (I used the phrase "Peace Officer" to imply that the officers are only enforcing laws against the NAP, otherwise THAT is the problem and not that they have weapons.)

presence
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
May I start a website without making it accessible to the blind?

May I choose not to step on Jesus?

May I say "bingo" in a crowded theater?

May Texas have its gold back?

May I talk to my lawyer?

May I deny this road side cavity search?

I know you're busy on your DHS order, but may I have some ammo too?

May I film that officer beating my friend?

May I have sex with a drunk that might sober up and regret it?

May I have some milk without aspartame?

Could we keep the transgender boys out of the girls room?

How about a 16 oz soda?

May I report a burgulary without you shooting my dog?

May I choose not to be aborted?

Could you stop tracking me for a second?

Did you have to record this post too?

If I catch a raindrop with my mouth is that a crime or a violation?

If you're swatting the wrong house can I shoot back?

Can I get out of solitary confinement yet?

What about hemp, can I grow hemp?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 01:03 PM
May I start a website without making it accessible to the blind?

May I choose not to step on Jesus?

May I say "bingo" in a crowded theater?

May Texas have its gold back?

May I talk to my lawyer?

May I deny this road side cavity search?

I know you're busy on your DHS order, but may I have some ammo too?

May I film that officer beating my friend?

May I have sex with a drunk that might sober up and regret it?

May I have some milk without aspartame?

Could we keep the transgender boys out of the girls room?

How about a 16 oz soda?

May I report a burgulary without you shooting my dog?

May I choose not to be aborted?

Could you stop tracking me for a second?

Did you have to record this post too?

If I catch a raindrop with my mouth is that a crime too?

If you're swatting the wrong house can I shoot back?

Can I get out of solitary confinement yet?

What about hemp, can I grow hemp?
Can I print an AR lower?

Neil Desmond
03-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Good point; after all, if the answer is no, then what's all this "we're pregnant" business I keep hearing?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Can I print an AR lower?

Can I choose to purchase a newly constructed full auto rifle?

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Good point; after all, if the answer is no, then what's all this "we're pregnant" business I keep hearing?

And that is the answer of course, no.

presence
03-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Can I print an AR lower?

May I sell it?

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 01:07 PM

I don't really think this is the right reason to oppose abortion, it has little philosophical grounding in the NAP. Even if you agreed to the abortion of your offspring, its still aggression.

nelsonwinters
03-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Can my daughter choose to set up a lemonade stand?

Can my son choose to not register with Selective Service?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Can I choose to purchase a newly constructed full auto rifle?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m03dutXOzM1qbxmbeo1_500.gif

compromise
03-25-2013, 01:11 PM

Actually, many state Democratic parties support GMO labeling. Unsurprising, given they are left wing parties and this is a leftist idea.

heavenlyboy34
03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Can I opt out of being used as collateral for government parasites' spending?

Neil Desmond
03-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Actually, many state Democratic parties support GMO labeling. Unsurprising, given they are left wing parties and this is a leftist idea.
Yeah, I'm not sure I agree with that approach. The approach that's not inconsistent with libertarianism is to simply recognize that for culinary & sustenance purposes, if it's GMO, then it's just not salmon anymore (just like Diet Coke isn't Coke). Non-GMO and GMO versions of products are 2 different things, so it's false advertising or false labeling without the need for a law stating so.

bunklocoempire
03-25-2013, 01:23 PM
May I choose to use a plastic bag responsibly?

May I choose to protect from harm those that I am in contact with daily and for whom I am directly responsible for in a way that actually protects them?

May I use my own money to sponsor the education of a child(ren) of my choice without others making the choice for me?

May I choose to use a currency that others cannot easily devalue/destroy?

presence
03-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Can I bow hunt with lumenoks?

Can I track my wounded game with a dog?

Can I kill a fish by throwing a rock at it?

Can I catch a lobster with my bare hands?

Can I clean a salmon in the river?

Can I fish the Ohio river in Kentucky without an Indiana Fishing Licence?

Do I need a hunting licence in Cleveland to kill mice?

Can I shoot a rabbit from a motor boat in Kansas?

If I can fish on my own land without a licence, may I hunt?

May I shoot a deer while swimming in Florida?

May I hunt whales in Utah? Kansas?

What about fishing for whales in Ohio?

Do I need a permit to kill houseflies near a church?

jmdrake
03-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Can I choose which corrupt 3rd world government will be the recipient of my tax dollars?

And this thread reminds me of the Reason interviews at the DNC on the "choice" to have an abortion versus the "choice" to smoke weed. You can choose what to kill inside your body, but not what you will put in your body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwejQBIyjow

2young2vote
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Can I build a shed without governments permission?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 01:35 PM
That was painful to watch.

shane77m
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Can I choose not to get a license to get married?

juleswin
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Can I choose not to get a license to get married?

Can I choose not to support hetero and **** marriage with my tax dollars?

TaftFan
03-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Saw Steve Stockman share this

cheapseats
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
REALITY CHECK:

The dominant faction of the faction of the Liberty Moovement that is a wannabe-wing of the Republican Party elected last go-round to play to "Social Conservatives" a.k.a. The Hardright. Articles abound about this having contributed mightily to Republican defeat in November.

Minority opinion within the minority that is Ron Paul Forums . . . the Liberty Forest type . . . are again dismissed/marginalized/insulted for waving the HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF FLAG. Oy vey.

But I would point out this glaring hypocrisy: The majority of the minority expends more intense and more abiding effort to ELIMINATE the Abortion choice than to RESTORE the many,many, many choices that have been snatched.

angelatc
03-25-2013, 03:09 PM
REALITY CHECK:

The dominant faction of the faction of the Liberty Moovement that is a wannabe-wing of the Republican Party elected last go-round to play to "Social Conservatives" a.k.a. The Hardright. Articles abound about this having contributed mightily to Republican defeat in November.

Minority opinion within the minority that is Ron Paul Forums . . . the Liberty Forest type . . . are again dismissed/marginalized/insulted for waving the HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF FLAG. Oy vey.

But I would point out this glaring hypocrisy: The majority of the minority expends more intense and more abiding effort to ELIMINATE the Abortion choice than to RESTORE the many,many, many choices that have been snatched.

Reality Check: Ron Paul is pro-life.

Anti Federalist
03-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I should neg rep you for the brain pain that caused.

"Brawndo has electrolytes".

Can I choose which corrupt 3rd world government will be the recipient of my tax dollars?

And this thread reminds me of the Reason interviews at the DNC on the "choice" to have an abortion versus the "choice" to smoke weed. You can choose what to kill inside your body, but not what you will put in your body.

Lindsey
03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Can I choose not to pay taxes?

Lindsey
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Can I choose to marry my same-sex partner?

talkingpointes
03-25-2013, 03:37 PM
That was painful to watch.

Indeed. Anything past a comment can possibly mess with my heart rate. I'm going to have a cigarette instead.

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 03:38 PM

The person who was asked about right to work just needs to read Walter Block (http://lewrockwell.com/block/block214.html) . Libertarian negative rights theory leaves no room for a positive "Right to work." Granted, if the Democrats (Or Republicans for that matter) are going to support involuntary association through anti-discrimination laws based on race, religion, sexual orientation, exc. there's no good reason for them not to include "Union status" as well, but someone who was consistently pro-choice would support the right of a business to agree with a union not to associate with people outside the union.

Everyone else in that video was full of crap and a massive hypocrite. They only support the choice to kill children. They probably aren't even consistent about the whole "Your body" thing, I highly doubt they want to legalize the organ market.

So yeah, that was mostly painful to watch. The right to work part was especially hateful because the interviewer didn't understand "Pro-choice" in that context any better than the person being interviewed.

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Can I choose to marry my same-sex partner?

Of course you can. You've had that choice since 2003, anywhere in the United States...

Oh wait, you want everyone else to recognize your choice. Fine, just move to New York, or something...

Seriously though, I think most "Pro-choice" people would probably support government recognition of SSM. I don't, but its not a big issue for me. I also don't support the "Choice" to commit murder in the womb and that is a bigger issue although not as serious as the war issue.

phill4paul
03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Can I choose to........

No, rights are not unlimited.

cheapseats
03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
REALITY CHECK:

Minority opinion within the minority that is Ron Paul Forums . . . the Liberty Forest type . . . are again
dismissed/marginalized/insulted for waving the HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF FLAG. Oy vey.

Reality Check: Ron Paul is pro-life.

REALITY CHECK: Ron Paul lost. By a LOT. Playing to Social Conservatives may have helped Romney clinch the nomination, but it absolutely hurt him in the General.

And had he NOT pandered to the Hardright, who ELSE was gonna get the nod from Republicans Deciders? They were NEVER gonna give it to Ron, agreed?

jmdrake
03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Of course you can. You've had that choice since 2003, anywhere in the United States...

Oh wait, you want everyone else to recognize your choice. Fine, just move to New York, or something...

Seriously though, I think most "Pro-choice" people would probably support government recognition of SSM. I don't, but its not a big issue for me. I also don't support the "Choice" to commit murder in the womb and that is a bigger issue although not as serious as the war issue.

^This. Now how about "Can I marry both of my babies' mamas." Because that will get you arrested. (Note I only have one mama for both my babies. Just speaking hypothetically.)

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Can I choose to........

No, rights are not unlimited.

Of course they aren't. But they end only where mine begin.

REALITY CHECK: Ron Paul lost. By a LOT. Playing to Social Conservatives may have helped Romney clinch the nomination, but it absolutely hurt him in the General.

And had he NOT pandered to the Hardright, who ELSE were Republicans gonna give the nomination? They were NEVER gonna give it to Ron, agreed?

Ron Paul did a lot better than Gary Johnson, who was the liberal's "libertarian" and was also far less of one than RP...

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 03:46 PM
^This. Now how about "Can I marry both of my babies' mamas." Because that will get you arrested. (Note I only have one mama for both my babies. Just speaking hypothetically.)

If you want to you should be able to but government should do nothing more than recognize any contract you may agreee to.

jmdrake
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM

And had he NOT pandered to the Hardright, who ELSE was gonna get the nod from Republicans Deciders? They were NEVER gonna give it to Ron, agreed?

Reality check. Ron Paul lost because his foreign policy is not popular with republicans. And pro-choice Dennis Kucinich didn't do so hot in his presidential bid either.

Edit: And Romney was not the choice of Social Conservatives nor did he reach out to them. He got hammered in the general because they mostly stayed home.

talkingpointes
03-25-2013, 03:47 PM

Wow. Tell me how many states did Ron win in the primaries in 12'. Just curious how many you think.

If you think he won five or more; what happened at the RNC? You know the whole part we they just pretend like we don't exist. How do you reconcile with such insurmountable proof of them not going to care for the son of Paul.

For those who forgot -- here's our last victory !!!! PRESIDENT RON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ1aXD3_cVw

jmdrake
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
If you want to you should be able to but government should do nothing more than recognize any contract you may agreee to.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FreedomFanatic again.

talkingpointes
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Cheapseats. What happened to the impassioned cheapseats that was banned at one for such heated discussions? Compromise now, that's what we've won ?

cheapseats
03-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Wow. Tell me how many states did Ron win in the primaries in 12'. Just curious how many you think.

Zero, unless you include the Virgin Islands. Which I never do in my calculations.

If you think he won five or more; what happened at the RNC?

I SAW what happened.

And what happened because of what happened? Nothing.

Well...not NOTHING. The Usual Suspects held onto the pecking order.

You know the whole part we they just pretend like we don't exist. How do you reconcile with such insurmountable proof of them not going to care for the son of Paul.

I do. I don't.

I be tilting at Board Majority Opinion/Emotion, as per usual.

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
Knowing what I know now, I'd still support Ron Paul if he supported abortion and gay marriage, albeit more grudgingly. I did ultimately encourage people to vote for Gary Johnson, although he definitely did strike me as blending the whole "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal" tagline with real libertarianism, rather than being a true libertarian. However, when I was a young neocon, I would never have really considered Ron Paul if he had gotten those issues wrong. At the time I was already annoyed enough at his foreign policy because I thought saving the world by military force was humanitarian and good. I don't think I would have ever become "Converted" if Ron were pro-choice.

cheapseats
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Cheapseats. What happened to the impassioned cheapseats that was banned at one for such heated discussions? Compromise now, that's what we've won ?

Yep, Rand killed it in so many ways...

Agreed.

Henceforth, I will be conscientious about staying out of his sub-forum unless I have something nice to say. This should NOT be interpreted at "coming around" but, rather, as tiptoeing around the "ban-hammer".

Unless I am warned otherwise, I assume Rand is still fair game in other sub-forums?

Please DO warn me if I am near the ban-line. I do not want to be banned again, at least not yet. I'm lookin' for someone.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?408355-Video-Rand-Paul-on-Fox-News-Sunday-w-Chris-Wallace-3-24-13/page2

phill4paul
03-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Of course they aren't. But they end only where mine begin.

No. They don't. My rights are my rights always. As are yours. Co-existing.

However, my reference was to Feinstein's statement that the second amendment was not unlimited.

Lindsey
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Can I choose to criticize a member of the Paul family on this board?

cheapseats
03-25-2013, 04:02 PM

Baby Steps bud. You have been here long enough to know that ...

Grown men in "the land of the free and the home of the brave" shouldn't still be settling for BABY STEPS...not in the face of LONG YEARS of abuses of power, with MUCH suffering and death thereby.

Don't make me haul out that quote from Braveheart, about settling for the scraps from Longshank's table.

And its working.

Not with me.

But then, the way y'all played the last election didn't work for me either.

But then, you lost.

I used to get into email battles about Ron with a bank president I work with. But guess what. He loves Rand. Even statements like this. And its all because of how Rand says it.

But you know this. And still insist on posting silly comments like above.

Slutter McGee

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?408355-Video-Rand-Paul-on-Fox-News-Sunday-w-Chris-Wallace-3-24-13/page4

ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
SCREW YOU to big-talkin' guys who flatter themselves as "Liberty Lovers" but who celebrate BABY STEPS & gab like girls about NEXT ELECTION.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406086-Thoughts-on-Rand-Paul/page3

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Can I choose to criticize a member of the Paul family on this board?

As far as I understand, the moderation has allowed this at least in some cases, although it seems like you'll get away with less of it in Ron/Rand's forum respectively. I've stated disagreement with both Ron and Rand, although more often the latter, and not had any problems. Of course, I agree with them like 90% of the time, I suspect a neocon wouldn't have the same courtesy, but they don't belong here anyway.

That said, the forum is private property and so they have the freedom to expel people that they don't want here, anytime they want.

cheapseats
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Fixating on abortion is NOT the way to grow the Anti Democratic base. In this GAME that supporters insist Rand is wisely playing, there are D's & R's. Ron Paul's BASE is as guilty as the rest of America for clinging to two parties.

The 40-ish percent who claim to be Independent (but who, like so many on the board, agree it would be a waste to actually VOTE that way) still overwhelmingly vote D or R. If recent history is a guide.

Anti Abortion rhetoric does NOT usually pull a swing-vote to the "right", but it OFTEN repels a swing-vote to the left.

"But you know this."

paulbot24
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Can I choose to not be RFID chipped?

Lindsey
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Can I choose not to carry a "real ID"?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Can I not enjoy a cigarette free from layers of carpet glue?

Lindsey
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Can I choose to pray in a public school?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Could the price of sugar not be artificially high?

And while we're at it can I enjoy products free from sweet tasting E. coli waste?

Lindsey
03-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Can I choose not to fund the education of other people's kids?

ClydeCoulter
03-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Can I not enjoy a cigarette free from layers of carpet glue?

Yes, roll your own. I do. (natural pipe tobacco, tubes and a rolling machine) Saves a lot of money, too.

But I get your point :)

ClydeCoulter
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Could the price of sugar not be artificially high?

And while we're at it can I enjoy products free from sweet tasting E. coli waste?

What? What is sweet tasting E. coli waste?

kcchiefs6465
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
What? What is sweet tasting E. coli waste?
Aspartame.

ClydeCoulter
03-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Aspartame.

Ah, the new definition of "Milk".

paulbot24
03-25-2013, 04:49 PM
Can I get paid in gold or silver currency?

paulbot24
03-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Can I actually have my Constitutional rights protections back?

jkr
03-25-2013, 04:50 PM
can i keep what fruits i harvest from my labor and put them to amazing & purposeful use,
or do i have to keep kicking up like im in the fucking mob?

can i NOT be in the mob.
can i have the choice to live in the republic as its described and NOT in the DEMonOCRACY?

CaN i take 2 fkn steps without bumping into some one who thinks i OWE them something, or need to get their permission to do ANYTHING, or pay to get them off my back?

Can i grow food in my yard so i can eat?

can i protect my family & home...with the weapon of MY choosing or AT ALL?

phill4paul
03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
Can I actually have my Constitutional rights back?

Your rights are yours. The Constitution limits the Federal Government from infringing on these natural rights (But you already know that. ;), I'm just starting to address everything in this context and at all times. )

And....No you can't mundane. Your natural rights are not unlimited. Why? Because FUCK YOU. That is why.

WM_in_MO
03-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Can I get paid in gold or silver currency?

http://perfectlycursedlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/laugh-gif.gif

MaxPower
03-25-2013, 10:40 PM

I like "pro-choice" and "pro-life," for, when applied naturally rather than euphemistically, they are both overwhelmingly descriptive of proper libertarians, and not of either mainstream faction in U.S. politics.

helmuth_hubener
03-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Can I choose to go to space?

juliusaugustus
03-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Why don't they just call themselves what they are pro-death

The Rebel Poet
03-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Can I choose a third party?

Antischism
03-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Can
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcvjxzhAo1qdo1r2o1_500.jpg

J_White
03-25-2013, 11:49 PM
lolz

opal
03-25-2013, 11:52 PM

ding ding ding! thread win

can I choose to protect my animals from other animals with the weapon of my choice, even if the said predator is on the *endangered species* list?

The Northbreather
03-25-2013, 11:57 PM
Can I chose sovereignty of my own state of mind?

freejack
03-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Can I shake my little tush on the catwalk?

No, I own your tush.

Todd
03-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Can I hunt and fish on my own property without a permit from the State?

Can I give $100 to my Cancer stricken friend to help with medical costs and call it a "charity"?

Can I choose which Gub'ament institution I would like to fund with my taxes?

presence
03-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Can I give $100 to my Cancer stricken friend to help with medical costs and call it a "charity"?

As long as you pay your taxes on earning it, and your friend pays taxes on it again upon receipt.

or...

bitcoin :)

Todd
03-26-2013, 06:48 AM

As long as you pay your taxes on earning it, and your friend pays taxes on it again upon receipt.

or...

bitcoin :)

My biggest problem is how this nation is hypocritical on helping the less fortunate. We don't put emphasis on really "helping" those in need. I can get a tax credit if I give to the American Cancer Society. It's on the Gub'ament's approved list. But If I try to help out a friend with thousands in medical bills or a family member struggling with groceries...... I'm just out $100. Pathetic.

jtap
03-26-2013, 06:55 AM
It's funny because I got to the end of this comic and it seemed to me to be saying, if you are a male you can't choose anything.

And like others I can't give AF any rep for this. Other people owe AF some credit as he is constantly causing me to go look for people to +rep.

Christian Liberty
03-26-2013, 07:27 AM
No. They don't. My rights are my rights always. As are yours. Co-existing.

However, my reference was to Feinstein's statement that the second amendment was not unlimited.

I agree with this but I don't see how it contradicts what I said. You can't punch me in the face. That's not within your rights. Because to do so is an infringement on my rights.

On the other hand, you do have a right to smoke pot. Smoking pot is not an infringement on my rights. You do have a right to own a machine gun. Owning a machine gun is not an infringment of my rights. Your rights do not end before either of these points because neither of those actions infringe on my rights. That's all I was trying to say.

Fixating on abortion is NOT the way to grow the Anti Democratic base. In this GAME that supporters insist Rand is wisely playing, there are D's & R's. Ron Paul's BASE is as guilty as the rest of America for clinging to two parties.

The 40-ish percent who claim to be Independent (but who, like so many on the board, agree it would be a waste to actually VOTE that way) still overwhelmingly vote D or R. If recent history is a guide.

Anti Abortion rhetoric does NOT usually pull a swing-vote to the "right", but it OFTEN repels a swing-vote to the left.

"But you know this."

I won't vote for either major party unless they at least give me a reasonably good candidate, which they likely won't.

Can I choose to pray in a public school?

Are you actually not able to? I didn't realize this wasn't allowed. I've done it. I know teacher-led prayers aren't allowed. Of course, I'd much rather have prayers in the morning than the freaking pledge, which I put up with but hate...

Can I choose not to fund the education of other people's kids?

Isn't that kind of a selfish choice? Do you really want people to have no opportunity?

You should have the choice, yes, but why do you want to?

I like "pro-choice" and "pro-life," for, when applied naturally rather than euphemistically, they are both overwhelmingly descriptive of proper libertarians, and not of either mainstream faction in U.S. politics.

Well, yeah, but "Pro-choice" and "Pro-life" are not terms that should really apply to the abortion debate. I admit to not being pro-life in every situation. I believe that some people are guilty of heinous crimes and so deserve death. I oppose killing of the innocent, any innocent, whether unborn or born.

My biggest problem is how this nation is hypocritical on helping the less fortunate. We don't put emphasis on really "helping" those in need. I can get a tax credit if I give to the American Cancer Society. It's on the Gub'ament's approved list. But If I try to help out a friend with thousands in medical bills or a family member struggling with groceries...... I'm just out $100. Pathetic.

The logical conclusion to that is to eliminate or at least greatly reduce taxes... which is a good idea.

jtap
03-26-2013, 07:28 AM

Apparently not, but it's ok for cops to use their radio while they drive...and I guess ok for truckers to do so as well. We can't stop or slow down our next shipment of GMO foods. Oh yeah, well we can at a weigh station to make sure they aren't breaking totally different rules.

Christian Liberty
03-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Can I choose to commit murder?

If not, than "Pro-choice" is just bull anyway...

cheapseats
03-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Can I choose to commit murder?

If not, than "Pro-choice" is just bull anyway...

And voila, the almost-18-year-old solves one of politics' and philosophy's and LIFE's stickiest wickets.

Outta the mouths of babes, literally and figuratively.

jmdrake
03-26-2013, 08:42 AM

"But you know this."

In your glee to push for abortion you've missed the point of the entire thread. It's not about abortion. It's about exposing the hypocrisy of those who claim they are for "choice" and who want "women to be able to control their own bodies", but don't apply that same concept to drugs or even fast food. Also it's laughable that you complain about certain people "pandering" while you are obviously pandering yourself.

cheapseats
03-26-2013, 08:49 AM
In your glee to push for abortion...

Link to posts indicating GLEE TO PUSH FOR ABORTION, or stand accused of slanderous hyperbole.

you've missed the point of the entire thread. It's not about abortion. It's about exposing the hypocrisy...

No, I have NOT missed the point about exposing hypocrisy:

REALITY CHECK:

jmdrake
03-26-2013, 08:58 AM
Link to posts indicating GLEE TO PUSH FOR ABORTION, or stand accused of slanderous hyperbole.

No, I have NOT missed the point about exposing hypocrisy:

You've utterly failed to point out your own (hypocrisy that is). But that's fine. Again, the thread isn't about abortion. And yes you are pushing abortion by making a thread that wasn't about abortion into one. It's not a direct push, but definitely an indirect one. "Rand should quit pandering to people that agree with him and that can help him win the nomination and instead pander to people that agree with me because my pandering is the important pandering". That's in essence what you've been saying. AF's point was "Get people on the left who claim their are pro choice to realize there are more important choices than abortion." And yes we have to wake up people on the right to the idea that you can't have "small government" and elective wars and that "Jesus loves the little children" doesn't mean you can "bomb the little children" into Christianity.

Matthew5
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/hqoiy.png

Lindsey
03-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Isn't that kind of a selfish choice? Do you really want people to have no opportunity?

You should have the choice, yes, but why do you want to?

It's not my responsibility to indoctrinate or educate your children. My parents sent me to private schools and I chose not to have children, but my parents and I still have to pay school taxes. Others choose to homeschool, or better yet unschool. There are tons of people who get no services, but are forced to pay school taxes.

People create their own opportunities, when things aren't just handed to them. Even if I supported the traditional model for 'education,' I should still be able to choose whether to fund it or not. When choosing to have a family, weighing how you will educate your children should be a part of the decision - it's not right for you to just expect the government to steal from me, to provide daycare for your kids.

bunklocoempire
03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
May I apply or sell a temporary tattoo without the unconstitutional FDA poking their nose into it?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/03/26/fda-warns-consumers-about-dangers-temporary-tattoos/

In your body is also on your body and around your body.

kcchiefs6465
03-26-2013, 12:29 PM
May I self medicate?

Or am I required to take drugs that I do not agree with which probably have more negative effects than the natural selection I would choose to take?

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Can I have a safe in my car?

donnay
04-03-2013, 10:16 PM

Can I have my unsafe classic car?

Anti Federalist
04-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Can I have my unsafe classic car?

Well played my dear.

TheTexan
04-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Can I give up my citizenship just whenever I want?

jmdrake
04-04-2013, 05:21 AM
Can I give up my citizenship just whenever I want?

Can I give it up without fear of being droned?

Carsten2012b
04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Can I be a truly free man?

heavenlyboy34
04-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Can I choose not to be governed by a fascist regime and be left alone, plz? Can I choose to use alternative currencies and barter?

kcchiefs6465
04-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Can I never hear 'North Korea' again?

And for that matter, did they finally STFU up the sequester?

I try not to watch the news.

paulbot24
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Can I live in the America that seeks answers and wisdom from its Constitution and not from ivory towers.

WhistlinDave
04-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Knowing what I know now, I'd still support Ron Paul if he supported abortion and gay marriage, albeit more grudgingly. I did ultimately encourage people to vote for Gary Johnson, although he definitely did strike me as blending the whole "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal" tagline with real libertarianism, rather than being a true libertarian. However, when I was a young neocon, I would never have really considered Ron Paul if he had gotten those issues wrong. At the time I was already annoyed enough at his foreign policy because I thought saving the world by military force was humanitarian and good. I don't think I would have ever become "Converted" if Ron were pro-choice.

Many people on this forum like to rationalize this away in one way or another, but the truth is, Ron Paul DOES support allowing same sex partners to choose to form unions and to call it marriage or whatever they want. Here is a video from 2007. (Start at about 12:15 in this video.) He has remained consistent on this, saying we need to get government out of marriage entirely, and while he personally believes marriage is between a man and a woman, Ron Paul also says he doesn't believe he has the right to force that belief upon others. (He has not changed his position in support of freedom for same sex couples to choose marriage.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCM_wQy4YVg

WhistlinDave
04-04-2013, 02:18 PM
May I apply or sell a temporary tattoo without the unconstitutional FDA poking their nose into it?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/03/26/fda-warns-consumers-about-dangers-temporary-tattoos/

In your body is also on your body and around your body.

My sister does temporary henna tattoos. The dangerous ones that are burning people's skin are not real henna. They're black hair dye (extremely caustic stuff).

If you want to put that on your body though, I support your freedom to choose to. (Personally I do not recommend it though.)

WhistlinDave
04-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Can I at least choose to not help pay for a stranger's abortion?

DamianTV
04-04-2013, 04:14 PM

No.

Search: Jail, Hidden Compartments, Car (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jail+hidden+compartment+car)
(and not just the recent news article, look at how frequently Secret Compartments land people in Jail.)

PierzStyx
04-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Can I choose not to pay union "dues" to an organization that I am opposed to in every way?

PierzStyx
04-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Can I choose to not have myself or my children molested by government agents in order to fly in an air plane?

jmdrake
04-05-2013, 09:07 AM
No.

Search: Jail, Hidden Compartments, Car (https://duckduckgo.com/?q=jail+hidden+compartment+car)
(and not just the recent news article, look at how frequently Secret Compartments land people in Jail.)

Does that mean that those "Hide a key" magnets people put under their cars to keep themselves from being locked out are illegal some places?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-69hpqCTIk6c/TgU8gw1CNXI/AAAAAAAAAJU/lTuc7kZwZaU/s400/hide-a-key.jpg

jmdrake
04-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Can I choose to not have myself or my children molested by government agents in order to fly in an air plane?

Suppsedly you can choose not to fly. Supposedly, according to Obama, the new trains will let you avoid those "annoying patdowns". But the truth is the TSA is already patting people down getting off trains. Yes the terrorists are supposedly so dumb that they will get on a train, safely ride accross country, and them blow themselves up in the lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHM1_qx17U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN9sGGU5wVA

Occam's Banana
04-05-2013, 05:40 PM
You are all reported. Every damn one of you ...

kcchiefs6465
04-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Can I not be reported routinely by government moles and snitches? ;):D

Anti Federalist
04-26-2013, 12:01 AM
Can I live free?

The Free Hornet
04-26-2013, 12:12 AM
Can cheapseats log in again? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409271-H-R-525-amp-S-359-Contact-Your-Congress-Critters-And-Get-Them-To-Cosponsor!&p=4952090#post4952090)

WhistlinDave
04-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Can I choose to use a non-toxic plant for medicinal purposes instead of toxic pharmaceuticals?

Can I choose to use a non-toxic plant for recreational purposes instead of a toxic beverage?

Origanalist
04-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Can cheapseats log in again? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?409271-H-R-525-amp-S-359-Contact-Your-Congress-Critters-And-Get-Them-To-Cosponsor!&p=4952090#post4952090)

Ugh, I'm as pro-life as you're going to get. I'm with FreeHornet in believing the mother should also be charged with murder.

But what is the purpose for this? I really never agreed with cheapseats much, but, are there no dissenting opinions allowed here anymore?

If we are not able to counter the insanity................

DamianTV
04-26-2013, 03:55 AM
So would anyone be pissed at me for just keeping my mouth shut by leaving a decision of abortion up to the parents and their doctor?

kcchiefs6465
04-26-2013, 04:22 AM
So would anyone be pissed at me for just keeping my mouth shut by leaving a decision of abortion up to the parents and their doctor?
Well that depends I guess.. are they going to slit the baby's spinal cord or just crack the cranium and vacuum collapse it inside of itself?

Women's rights! God bless Merica.

Funny that my rights (that don't include murdering babies) are stripped away monthly yet the right to kill a fetus is upheld. Is that not the definition of a morally backwards assed country?

Here's a good one for the SCOTUS, can I drive past a check point? No? Hmm. How odd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylGkm2EHHvE

I really expect nothing less.

Origanalist
04-28-2013, 01:29 AM

Because it's murder for convenience. Your old Ma is too old to really live life, and you need that inheritance.

TruckinMike
04-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Can I choose to NOT to have to LOG (http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/topics/hos/hos-logbook-examples.htm) every time I sit on the pot at a rest area, or take a nap, or drive, or fuel up, or sleep?

IBleedNavyAndOrange
04-28-2013, 02:17 PM

Actually yes, but you must film it.

I<3Liberty
05-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Can I marry a shoe?

unknown
05-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Can I choose a toilet that will flush?

No, the turd in the bowl will be upset.