PDA

View Full Version : New York State offers LITERALLY 30 pieces of silver to turn in your neighbor.

Lucille
03-25-2013, 11:32 AM
What a koinidink! I hope what he says in bold is true, and I hope I'm alive to witness it.

http://freedomfeens.com/blog/2013/03/22/new-york-state-offers-literally-30-pieces-of-silver-to-turn-in-your-neighbor-plus-new-kitty-photos/

The Bible states that Judas Iscariot was paid 30 pieces of silver to sell out Jesus to the cops and soldiers who killed him.

New York State is offering “people” $500 to turn in their neighbors for having full-capacity magazines for their guns. ….turn in their neighbors for something that harms no one. Turn in their neighbors for having or selling a piece of plastic that I could legally sell in my town in Wyoming in a yard sale in my front yard. (If I paid the city a five-dollar fee for a permit permission slip to have a yard sale.)

It is believed by many scholars that the “pieces of silver” Judas was paid were Tyrian shekels, which were 1/2 troy ounce of silver each. So the 30 pieces of silver was 15 troy ounces. The current price of silver is, give or take, and depending on the time of day, about 29 dollars per troy ounce. 29 x 15 = 435.

500 dollars, after New York State income tax, is right around $435. So people are literally being invited by the State in New York to sell out their neighbors for the same price that sold out Jesus. I almost wonder if this is intentional?

I’m not a Christian. But all Christians should remember this: Jesus was killed by the government….for the crime of questioning the government….with the cooperation of police and soldiers who were “just doing their job”….after a legal trial in a court of law.

Christians should also remember that it’s not very Christian to nark out your peaceful neighbors. And you may be held accountable for this in heaven.

Christians and non-Christians alike should also know this: at some point this statist tyrannical insanity will end. And there may be Nuremberg-type trials for collaborators. In other words, you may be held accountable for this on earth.

The thought that people would actually turn in their neighbors for something non-violent, like having pieces of plastic that the State deems are “too big”, makes me ill. The thought that they might do it for a little bit of money makes me ill. The thought that the State is offering this stolen money to encourage people to turn in their neighbors for non-crimes me makes me very ill. I really would hope no one will do it.

However, I grew up in New York State, and I can tell you this: people will do it. In fact, they already are.

MRK
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Maybe I'm just being a Critical Chris or Negative Nancy, but this isn't LITERALLY 30 pieces of silver now is it?

Very interesting article though. Hypocritical snitches are everywhere.

Reminds me of this article I just read:

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/25/technology/innovation/sexism-startup/index.html?source=cnn_bin

This woman heard a sexual joke behind her at a Python conference about Big Dongles and Forking Repos (if anyone knows what exactly was said please let me know, I can't find it anywhere). So she snapped a picture of the people behind her who made the joke and tweeted about it (CREEPY snitch behavior in itself.)

One of the guys lost his job because of it and he has 3 kids without support now because this woman snitched.

The hypocrisy is that this woman made a sexual joke of her own on twitter about stuffing socks in your pants to make the TSA faint when they search you.

oyarde
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
$435 will save no living thing on this earth for bringing uninvited douchebags to my home.

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Christians and non-Christians alike should also know this: at some point this statist tyrannical insanity will end. And there may be Nuremberg-type trials for collaborators. In other words, you may be held accountable for this on earth.

I'm an advocate of a Nurmeberg type trial but it will never, ever happen. The statist goons are going to win. I'll just silently cheer on anyone brave enough to kill a few of them. I don't want to die, at least not yet.

I highly doubt NYS actually did these exact numbers on purpose but it doesn't matter. My state is an evil pile of dog crap. Anyone involved in reporting this deserves to be charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Anyone who signs off on a law like this deserves death.

One question though, if they are allowed to do this to us, is it at least legitimate self-defense to do it against cops?

fr33
03-25-2013, 11:58 AM
We are all Judas now :(

HOLLYWOOD
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
This is a relic of World War II and the Cold War...

The WARSAW pact nations routinely everyday spewed propaganda on the airwaves of radio and television for the security state. It all started as; Turn in strangers, then turn in your neighbors, then turn in your colleagues, then turn in your relatives, and then... turn in your family members.

For the safety and security of the state... TURN IN ANYONE

Then the government issued 'certificates of appreciation', 'medals/decorations', and yes, 'monetary rewards'... "You Are A Hero of the People!" This is what happens when the people become poor, with few or no property rights, and dependent on a powerful propagandizing government. US Intelligence agencies/DOD used to laugh at the ridiculous nature of Soviet propaganda and it's satellite nations on how they conducted their propaganda/oppression on the clueless masses.

We have come full circle in America with all those Communistic/Fascist policies instituted on these soils... today it's just polished-up so the low information and apathetic public buy into all.