PDA

View Full Version : Please donate to help RPer become MN GOP Deputy Chair!!

Michael Landon
03-24-2013, 01:53 PM
I received the following e-mail today and decided to post it here.... if you feel like donating to Corey Sax, it would be greatly appreciated.
- ML

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XXXXXX,

Long-time liberty activist and RNC delegate, Corey Sax, has a good shot at becoming the next MN GOP Deputy Chair, but a little help from us all could put him over the top. He is having one final push to raise the funds to effectively campaign at the State Central Committee, which will be held on April 6. A more youthful member of the party with a career in marketing, Corey has the skills and enthusiasm the party needs to carry the message of liberty to the younger generation.

While my focus has been on growing the liberty movement itself, an effective advocate within the party will greatly assist in growing our movement overall.

Remember, our goal is not to gain political power, because if the people are not with us, we will be disappointed. Our goal is to Live Free! And we can do this best both politically and in practice as we change the hearts and minds of the people. Having an unwavering advocate in leadership within the party is an effective way we can influence. (And we HAVE had an influence.)

Below is a message Corey sent yesterday about his campaign. I hope you'll help with even a small donation!

In liberty,

Marianne Stebbins
Excelsior, MN

Take a Stand for Liberty. Take a Stand Today.

---------------------------

"Do we want libertarianism to win, to make a big dent in America, or do we not?

If we don't want to win, why be in a political party at all? Why not simply form a social club and forget victory?

And if we're really devoted to liberty, how can we not do our best for liberty to win? Are we really libertarians, or are we just playing around?"

Murray Rothbard, 1987

I am running for Deputy Chair of the Republican Party of Minnesota because we cannot afford to ‘play around’ anymore. We need to not only have a seat at the table in the Republican Party, but we need to lead. The reality is that we live in a two Party duopoly. Because of the Ron Paul Presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012, our movement has invested time and sweat equity in the Minnesota Republican Party. Dr. Paul’s message brought a new generation of activists into the Republican Party. We have many libertarians who have stepped up into leadership positions at the Congressional and BPOU levels because they understand in order to spread the freedom message, we must have a public soapbox, and we must win elections. We must pick up the flag and lead the charge towards liberty.

If we believe that liberty is the winning message, the time to be heard by the media is now. If we believe political action is needed to roll back the state, then the time to influence legislation is now. If we believe ‘libertarianism is the heart and soul of conservatism’, then the time to lead the Republican Party of Minnesota back to its roots, is now. If we believe that Republicans need our intellect, our organizational skills, and our youthful energy to fight the statist agenda, then the time to act is now.

I believe the time to take a stand and take action is now. Rand Paul took a stand on March 6th and people took notice. Republicans of all varieties saw what principled leadership looks like. He took a stand on one issue and used his elected office to educate Millions of Americans, while at the same time fighting statism. We need more elected leaders who will do the same. This is something I promise to do if elected Deputy Chair of MNGOP. We need people in leadership who can articulate the message of liberty, can package it, market it to the right people, and ‘set the brush fires of freedom in the minds of men’.

I believe I have skills and business experience which the Republican Party of Minnesota desperately needs. The reaction to my speeches at BPOU and Congressional District Conventions has been very positive. Many establishment leaders who have fought our movement in the past, now realize that the Party needs to change and needs leaders with the skills to right the ship on day one.

We have been running a hard grassroots campaign and the message is resonating with delegates, as well as with the Old Guard leaders we have met with. In order to win this campaign, I humbly ask for your help. To contact every State Central delegate and alternate in Minnesota over the next two weeks, as well as have professional presence at the State Central Meeting on April 6th, costs money. Would you please help our campaign today by going to https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/7SPqe and donating? $100, $20, even $5 would help give our campaign the fuel needed to win on April 6th. Please help us reach the finish line and donate whatever you can afford to, today!

Your support will bring our shared perspective to the leadership level of the Republican Party in Minnesota, and will garner the kind of positive media attention and state wide recognition our liberty values need and deserve.

For Liberty,

Corey J. Sax

2008 and 2012 RNC Delegate for Ron Paul

Michael Landon
03-24-2013, 02:16 PM
His Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/corey.j.sax

- ML

Matt Collins
03-24-2013, 03:29 PM
I endorse Corey Sax, been in the trenches with him, he's a great guy, brilliant, and will serve us well!

Matt Collins
03-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Oh, and Corey looks like Conan O'Brien :cool:

Mr.NoSmile
03-24-2013, 03:46 PM
http://www.bluestemprairie.com/bluestemprairie/2012/12/republican-party-of-minnesota-survivor-who-will-be-the-next-chair-for-pat-shortages-turkey-farm.html

According to this, looks like there's a good number of people running. What are his realistic chances?

Michael Landon
03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FC1yfLZty8&sns=em

Michael Landon
03-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I believe that it's a two person race between Corey Sax and Kelly Fenton.

- ML

Michael Landon
03-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Bump.

- ML

Barrex
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
qwertz

Michael Landon
03-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Bump.

- ML

devil21
03-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I dropped him a few bucks. Im not familiar with him but if teh Collins and Scribbler give him a vote of confidence then he's worth donating to. The only way we'll continue to win these positions is to continue to donate to trustworthy candidates at all levels from all over the country.

sailingaway
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
bump

Barrex
03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
look at all those spam messages...and it is not even a breakfast or Monty-pythons movie.

twomp
03-27-2013, 04:26 PM
Don't really know the guy but I like what he had to say and seems like some these very forums have good things to say about him so here goes!

Payment details

Receiver email: coreyjsax@gmail.com
Amount: $20.00 USD
Transaction date: March 27, 2013

Michael Landon
03-28-2013, 05:43 PM
Bump.

- ML

Michael Landon
03-28-2013, 08:52 PM
Bump... 5 hours left in this Moneybomb.

- ML

Barrex
03-29-2013, 04:23 AM
Bump.

- ML

Matt Collins
03-29-2013, 01:40 PM
bump

Michael Landon
03-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Bump.

- ML

lib3rtarian
04-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Corey J. Sax lost.

muh_roads
04-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Why did I just find this thread now. :( I used to live in MN.

That would've been great for Rand's chances. Minnesota & Iowa love libertarianism. My friends and I took over a Senate District after 2008.

Matt Collins
04-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I take it Paulsen lost too?

lib3rtarian
04-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Keith Downey - 228
Bill Paulsen - 72

Kelly Fenton (incumbent) - 251
Corey J. Sax - 90

FSP-Rebel
04-06-2013, 03:20 PM
Keith Downey - 228
Bill Paulsen - 72

Kelly Fenton (incumbent) - 251
Corey J. Sax - 90
Hate to say it but it appears that MN turned out to be a flash in the pan, people went back to bed. That's a pathetic bloodbath, sucks to see the MN 'grassroots' hang them out to dry in such an embarrassing fashion.

Matt Collins
04-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Hate to say it but it appears that MN turned out to be a flash in the pan, people went back to bed. That's a pathetic bloodbath, sucks to see the MN 'grassroots' hang them out to dry in such an embarrassing fashion.It's a bit more complicated than that. Taking over the convention in a Presidential year with enough supporters is one thing, but getting the Party leadership overturned is an entirely different process, that is very protected. Just because you own the Convention doesn't mean you also own the State Central Com.

And you will always see less political involvement in non-Presidential years; that's just human nature.

tsai3904
04-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Well good news out of Wyoming today. An alternate delegate to the national convention for Ron Paul was elected as Vice Chairman of Wyoming GOP. Three supporters also became Chairman of their county GOPs this month.

FSP-Rebel
04-06-2013, 04:38 PM
It's a bit more complicated than that. Taking over the convention in a Presidential year with enough supporters is one thing, but getting the Party leadership overturned is an entirely different process, that is very protected. Just because you own the Convention doesn't mean you also own the State Central Com.

And you will always see less political involvement in non-Presidential years; that's just human nature.
True, guess they operate differently than my state. Should have known by the lower vote totals.

FSP-Rebel
04-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Well good news out of Wyoming today. An alternate delegate to the national convention for Ron Paul was elected as Vice Chairman of Wyoming GOP. Three supporters also became Chairman of their county GOPs this month.
Now that's fantastic, very healthy for such a great state.