PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By 'Scared' White People

green73
03-24-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/03/23/Michael-Moore-90-percent-of-Guns-Owned-by%20Scared-White-Racists

[video]

Documentary Filmmaker Michael Moore on MSNBC's Ed show...

"Did you realize that over 90% of the guns in this country are owned by white people in the suburbs and in rural areas? Ninety-percent of our guns are not owned by African-Americans, hispanics, minority groups, they're owned by white people. Now are these white people so afraid of out in the suburbs? Are they thinking little red head, freckle-faced Jimmy down the street is going to, you know, kill them? Mug them? I don't think so. Are they afraid the guy next door is gonna break in and steal their t.v.? No, because they know the guy next door makes $50-60,000 a year. So poverty and racism the answer is pretty much the same answer for a lot of our other problems. Jobs..."

acptulsa
03-24-2013, 11:10 AM
I presume he's only counting registered guns, which are pretty much the only kind which can be counted..?

I presume he's trying to imply the gun grabbers aren't white, and/or aren't scared, despite plenty of evidence to the contrary..?

UpperDecker
03-24-2013, 11:25 AM
So then what does he say when you show him the gun homicide rate for the "other 10%"? Doesn't this just show that guns aren't dangerous when 90% of them aren't doing anything but sitting there for protection for the "scared" people?

talkingpointes
03-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Take his own statistic and ask him what groups are least armed and the most attacked. And gone.

Brian Coulter
03-24-2013, 11:35 AM
He knows the answer, his fat ass is just waddling around it. It's the government! They're scared of their government fat tits.

sailingaway
03-24-2013, 11:38 AM
he's trying to turn his pathalogical fear of people equipped for self defense into OUR being scared now?

Anti Federalist
03-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Since these people won't stop harping on race, this goes here:

Violent Crime 'Race Gap' Narrows, but Persists in US

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100308132050.htm

Mar. 8, 2010 — The U.S. 'race gap' in the commission of violent crime has narrowed substantially, yet persists -- with murder arrest rates for African Americans still out-distancing those for whites -- concludes a new 80-city study by the University of Maryland, Florida State University and the University of Oregon.

Racial integration was not strongly associated with a reduction in the racial gap.

"Frankly, we were surprised that the gap failed to narrow the most in cities that have become more racially integrated," LaFree says. "Maybe this is just a result of the difficulty measuring integration, which is complex."

UpperDecker
03-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Since these people won't stop harping on race, this goes here:

Violent Crime 'Race Gap' Narrows, but Persists in US

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/03/100308132050.htm

Mar. 8, 2010 — The U.S. 'race gap' in the commission of violent crime has narrowed substantially, yet persists -- with murder arrest rates for African Americans still out-distancing those for whites -- concludes a new 80-city study by the University of Maryland, Florida State University and the University of Oregon.

Racial integration was not strongly associated with a reduction in the racial gap.

"Frankly, we were surprised that the gap failed to narrow the most in cities that have become more racially integrated," LaFree says. "Maybe this is just a result of the difficulty measuring integration, which is complex."

http://projects.wsj.com/murderdata/#view=all&w=f

Homicide data for 2000-2010, in which you can filter and show homicides by firearms and compare the numbers based on race. So if 90% of gun owners are white.....

JK/SEA
03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
my name is Jim, and i have red hair.......

ctiger2
03-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Michael Moore: 90% Of Guns Owned By 'Scared' White People

What he fails to include is: 100% of the 90% scared white gun owners DO NOT COMMIT CRIMES WITH THEIR GUNS.

libertyjam
03-24-2013, 12:25 PM
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/03/20/pd-two-dead-after-shooting-at-maypearl-home/

MAYPEARL (CBSDFW.COM) – An exchange of gunfire between a Maypearl couple and a pair of burglary suspects ended with deaths of both suspects.

Ellis County Sheriff’s deputies say a woman was watching TV at her home on Bee Creek Road, when she heard a sound at the back door, as if someone was turning a doorknob.

When she stood up and looked outside, deputies say, she locked eyes with a stranger dressed in camoflauge and carrying a gun.

“I think he spooked her, she spooked him,” said Lt. James Saulter, of the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office.

The woman ran to find a gun and called her husband.

Lt. Saulter said the he was already on the property, ran to the house, and grabbed his rifle.

Deputies believe the woman fired the first shot into the ground, as a warning.

Returning gunfire, the intruders struck the house several times.

Deputies later found bullet holes on the porch and master bedroom.

A bullet also grazed the woman’s husband along his side, leaving what deputies described as a superficial wound.

A spokesperson for the department, Lt. Saulter said, the incident is an example of why the sheriff encourages citizens to arm themselves.

In the roughly 15 minutes it took deputies to respond to the home, he said, the couple was left to fend for themselves.

“This would have been a totally different outcome, I believe, had the homeowners not been armed,” he said.

acptulsa
03-24-2013, 12:29 PM

What he fails to include is: 100% of the 90% scared white gun owners DO NOT COMMIT CRIMES WITH THEIR GUNS.

Ah, but Congress is working diligently to make everything we do with those guns illegal. They won't be any more harmful than before. But they'll be infinitely more illegal.

cheapseats
03-24-2013, 12:38 PM

What Michael Moore, like Michael Bloomberg, fails to include is that he is MEGA-WEALTHY, far out of harm's way even when he and a crew/entourage "investigate" harm's way. It matters not that Michael Moore is not nearly as wealthy as multi-BILLIONAIRE Michael Bloomberg. They are BOTH out of harm's way . . . on the LIMOUSINE LIBERAL side of the burgeoning Political Class.

leverguy
03-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Let's turn the question around, shall we? I wonder why he's so worried about white people in suburbs making $50-$60,000 a year owning guns. What is he so afraid of? Is he thinking little red head, freckle-faced Jimmy down the street is going to, you know, kill him? Mug him? His own rhetorical questions show that he already knows that more than 90% of gun owners aren't a threat to anybody. Uh, pardon me... Mr. Moore? Your paranoid statist control freak side is showing.

Poverty and racism - the universal leftist-statist's answer to EVERY QUESTION.

And I don't own guns because I'm afraid of anything, I own them because one of my hobbies is shooting.

jmdrake
03-24-2013, 01:08 PM
So then what does he say when you show him the gun homicide rate for the "other 10%"? Doesn't this just show that guns aren't dangerous when 90% of them aren't doing anything but sitting there for protection for the "scared" people?

Yeah. He pretty much just destroyed his own argument for gun control. Who's scared of "scared white people" living in the suburbs? Oh...but a one or two of them flip out every once in a blue moon and do a mass shooting so strip guns from everybody. :rolleyes:

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Ninety-percent of our guns are not owned by African-Americans, hispanics, minority groups, they're owned by white people.

Rich fat white guy knows different people than I do, apparently.

acptulsa
03-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Rich fat white guy knows different people than I do, apparently.

He doesn't know anybody. He just knows statistics. And for some reason, the statistics don't seem to include those guns that aren't registered...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
He doesn't know anybody. He just knows statistics. And for some reason, the statistics don't seem to include those guns that aren't registered...

Yeah, and I don't live in the ghetto, either. In any case, who owns guns is of little concern to me. I'm concerned about people who are willing to shoot people. I think these "white people" gun statistics should have a separate category for police, and track shootings. Grandma Whitey with a gun in her closet is hardly a threat to anyone.

oyarde
03-24-2013, 04:13 PM
I got news for Douchbag Moore , there is no registration in my state, and I am not scared , armed or not .

otherone
03-24-2013, 04:19 PM
90% of Michael Moore's toilets are white and they are scared shitless.

dillo
03-24-2013, 04:25 PM
And those 90% don't kill people

bbjaylive
03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
I have no idea why Michael Moore is taken seriously in America. He's just a left-wing version of Alex Jones and yet has more credibility.

fr33
03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
I've never seen a more scared person than Michael Moore. He is utterly afraid of the world and chooses to hire a nanny to protect him from every bit of it.

idiom
03-24-2013, 04:33 PM
I dunno. The Conclusion of bowling for columbine was that students utilise weapons indiscriminately and are bullies because their government uses weapons indiscriminately and are bullies.

Monkey see Monkey do.

MRK
03-24-2013, 04:40 PM
"Are they afraid the guy next door is gonna break in and steal their t.v.? No, because they know the guy next door makes $50-60,000 a year. "

I think Michael Moore has been rich for so long he doesn't realize that if you make $50-60,000 a year you'll be struggling to pay the bills unless you're single with no loans to repay and an owned house.

Flugel89
03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
my name is Jim, and i have red hair.......

Hahaha. Same here.

BAllen
03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
And those 90% don't kill people

Good point, tell him that!!

Koz
03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Hahaha, what the hell do I have to be scared about if I carry a gun?

mad cow
03-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Fearless white people don't carry guns,their bodyguards do.Right Mikey?
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2012/12/18/michael-moores-body-guard-arrested-on-gun-charges/

Antischism
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Wow, that video was edited to fit the headline and discredit Michael Moore in the worst way possible. Not that I'd expect anything less from Breitbart. I'm not making excuses for Michael Moore, but if you just listen to the selectively chosen clips on Breitbart, you don't get the full picture of what Michael Moore believes. Here's the full interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVORszwdNA

Breitbart tries to make it seem like he went on this huge tirade where he attacks white people and completely disregards the murders that take place in poor communities where minorities lose their lives to guns, but that's not the case.

If someone did this to Ron Paul and took something he said out of context (like many have tried to do) I as well as many others would be quick to point it out here. If it's someone we don't agree with, should we just give in to ignorance and accept whatever some bullshit website says to try and stir racism for hits? Come on, now.

I feel like it only serves to discredit us if we embrace ignorance when it suits us and can be used to "attack" people we don't agree with. It's a better approach to afford even people we don't agree with some honesty instead of slander to make easy, half-assed points or arguments. There's so much material that can be used to show illogical beliefs or positions that people hold, so I don't see why it would be necessary to use heavily edited clips to discredit people or incite race arguments.

Brian4Liberty
03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Moore is the king of emotion politics. Nothing to see here. And certainly no logic.

KrokHead
03-25-2013, 06:24 AM
From some British Newspaper:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/24/article-2298500-18E6F3EC000005DC-931_634x155.jpg

Now obviously scared white people vs. scared white people isn't the issue, and the argument doesn't offer any more depth than a typical Jay Leno monologue joke. Whether people think it is a "demographic" issue or maybe how NWO is engineering the destruction of black culture is a whole other argument.

Now Michael Moore was right about:
- Gun violence having nothing to do with gun ownership, as his favorite country in the world Canada got tons of guns and violent videogames but a lack of gun violence.
- The Republican party during the Neo-con prime of Bush was the death of the dinosaurs, that we will see the mass extinction of an ideology. (As evidenced by Obama winning two straight elections and mainstream Republicans rapidly pushing their platforms left.)
- 30 straight days of McDonalds doesn't kill everybody! Mikey's still here!

whippoorwill
03-25-2013, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j60zImMFrA8&list=UUx6oriPuBlHdRuwE338TCxA&index=38

phill4paul
03-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Un...........canny.

http://assets.moviefanatic.com/photos/xlarge_p/filmmaker-michael-moore.jpg

http://franktorresblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/peter-griffin.jpg?w=272&h=300

seraphson
03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Holy fucking racially laced strawman batman! What's your next theory Moore? The moon is racist because it's mostly white in color? Why is Michale Moore so fat? Is he bulking up because he's afraid little Jimmy down the street is going to eat up all the food at the grocery store? Also Moore, how many unregistered illegally owned guns do you think are in LA? Zero? Please, come back to this place known as reality.

jbauer
03-25-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm white, I own guns, I am scared. I don't commit crimes. Enough said

KrokHead
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Un...........canny.

http://assets.moviefanatic.com/photos/xlarge_p/filmmaker-michael-moore.jpg

http://franktorresblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/peter-griffin.jpg?w=272&h=300

http://www.hdwallpapersarena.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Louie-Anderson.jpg

frodus24
03-25-2013, 12:06 PM
Micheal Moore needs to go a diet.

enjerth
03-25-2013, 12:42 PM
What happens when you trap a scared animal?

And what do you expect will happen when you stick your head in the mouth of an untamed lion?

Good entertainment.......

enjerth
03-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Oh, and Mr. Moore definitely doesn't need a 32 oz soda.

I, on the other hand, definitely need a large capacity magazine on an AR-15.... to keep him away from my soda.