PDA

View Full Version : NY: Man faces 3 years in jail for pulling ‘unlicensed’ gun on burglar inside his home

Lucille
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Stupid to call the crime historians at all, let alone show them the video. He ran the thief off.

NEW YORKER FACES 3 YEARS IN PRISON FOR DEFENDING HIS HOME
http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=51526

He should have let himself be robbed and killed. The 2nd responders would have cleaned up the crime scene in one hour before heading to Dunkin Donuts. He’s lucky he wasn’t caught with an illegal 32 ounce Coke. Bloomberg would really throw the book at him.
[...]
A Manhattan millionaire faces three years in jail for drawing an unlicensed gun on a burglar inside his home.

George Bardwil, who owns linen company Bardwil Home, was in his E Street apartment when an intruder came into his home in January, The Daily Mail reports.

Mr. Bardwil, 60, threatened the intruder with a loaded .40 cal Sig Sauer. The man fled and Mr. Bardwil called the police.

After showing the cops footage from his home surveillance cameras, they arrested him under suspicions of owning an illegal firearm.

The businessman’s lawyer, Michael Bachner, told the New York Post that the gun is legally registered to the defendant’s bodyguard.

“There’s no dispute that George was being burglarized,” Mr. Bachner said. “George had been the victim of multiple burglaries, and the DA’s office concedes that it was used in self defense.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/14/man-faces-3-years-jail-pulling-unlicensed-gun-burg/#ixzz2OTRwfEJw

Anti Federalist
03-24-2013, 10:58 AM
*sigh*

Don't do what?

Czolgosz
03-24-2013, 11:33 AM
*sigh*

Don't do what?

Oh! Me, me, me! Call me!

DON'T CALL THE PO-LICE!

haz cookie?

AFPVet
03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Um... if nothing happened and the intruder was 'scared off', why did he call the police? Even where firearms are 'legal', all the cops would do is generate a statistic. Nothing was stolen and no one was hurt. Again, why did he call the police? If the bad guy calls the police (putting his own malfeasance into light), all the home owner has to do is deny... his word against theirs.

Anti Federalist
03-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Um... if nothing happened and the intruder was 'scared off', why did he call the police? Even where firearms are 'legal', all the cops would do is generate a statistic. Nothing was stolen and no one was hurt. Again, why did he call the police? If the bad guy calls the police (putting his own malfeasance into light), all the home owner has to do is deny... his word against theirs.

Well trained and compliant Mundane is well trained and compliant.

DamianTV
03-24-2013, 05:02 PM
Dependancy is the Name of the Game here.

In order to control you, you must be completely dependant on the Govt for everything. The very existence of Govt stems from a persons need to be dependant on them. The funny thing is that they are the ones that create the artificial need for them to begin with. Govt creates both the problem, and the solution to the very problem they created, which is what creates and facilitates peoples dependancy on them. And that becomes your downward spiral. They tell you what you can and can not do in order to make you artificially dependant on them. If you were to eliminate your need for the Govt, their control over you will be eradicated. And it doesnt need to be done by force either.

"Do what we tell you to do and you better do it because we told you to do it. Dont worry if what we tell you to do only betters us at your expense, we're bigger than you so you better do what you are told." Now apply that phrase to everything. Medications and Healthcare. Money System. Food. Guns. Education. Pick a topic, and the same scenario will always apply. Do what you are told, and that creates Dependancy, thus, Controllability.

Dianne
03-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Bloomberg.. he packs a little gun in his hmmmmmm ... so he is so worried someone else's gun might be a mm or so bigger than that little gun he possess.

My view on Bloomberg is he should be checked in the nearest mental facility, evaluated, and treated. The man certainly is suffering from narcasissim, skitzo, depression, napolean complex .. He is a true phsyco in need of help.

satchelmcqueen
03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
so if someone has a gun that isnt registered, its a crime? not a new one they bought, im talking one they had gave to them 30 years ago.

ClydeCoulter
03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53961121/GoToBed_Burglar.jpg

Christian Liberty
03-24-2013, 07:24 PM
I'll just quote what I said to my mother. "I mean, have they read our second amendment? The government is just a bunch of thugs."

Whatever cop made that arrest deserves kidnapping charges...

Brian4Liberty
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM

It sounds like he had the burglar on video. But God forbid the Police actually do the job that they are supposed to do. i.e. catching thieves and murderers.

Brian4Liberty
03-25-2013, 11:14 AM
I'll just quote what I said to my mother. "I mean, have they read our second amendment? The government is just a bunch of thugs."

Whatever cop made that arrest deserves kidnapping charges...

Whoever was responsible for arresting that guy and filing charges should be disciplined, and fired for repeat offenses.

paulbot24
03-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Bloomberg.. he packs a little gun in his hmmmmmm ... so he is so worried someone else's gun might be a mm or so bigger than that little gun he possess.

My view on Bloomberg is he should be checked in the nearest mental facility, evaluated, and treated. The man certainly is suffering from narcasissim, skitzo, depression, napolean complex .. He is a true phsyco in need of help.

I think you owe a bunch of short depressed skitzo psychos an apology. To liken them to Bloomberg is just rude! I mean, if they weren't depressed already.......:D

KrokHead
03-25-2013, 11:22 AM
That's why we have juries to issue out common sense despite the "law" that doesn't work as one size fits all in all cases. They should have looked the other way and at worst put some bullshit fine on him, though IMHO that'd still be unjust.

There was a store owner in NYC recently who stopped a burglar with an unregistered weapon, and after some controversy they took the man's gun away and he's still operating his shop.