PDA

View Full Version : "Coconino County Republican Party Illegally Appoints New Treasurer"

sailingaway
03-23-2013, 11:32 PM
After receiving a tip from a reader this evening, I discovered that on March 6, 2013 the Arizona Secretary of State website was amended to remove CCRC Treasurer Ray Jordan and replace him with a PC named Daniel Edel. As I posted in previous blogs, removing Ray Jordan without the consent of the majority of elected Precinct Committeemen is illegal. Appointing Daniel Edel as the new treasurer is just as illegal. CCRC bylaws clearly say:

“Section 6: In the case of any vacancy in the office of County Chair through death, resignation, removal or other cause, the County Committee by affirmative vote of majority present, in person or by proxy, shall at a special meeting, called for that purpose, except when such vacancy occurs within a 60 day period prior to a Statutory or Mandatory meting of the Coconino County Committee, elect a successor to hold office for the unexpired term of the office left vacant. When the vacancy occurs within a sixty-day period prior to a Statutory or Mandatory meeting of the Coconino County Committee, the vacancy created shall be filled by election at such Statutory or Mandatory meeting of the Coconino County Committee.”

It’s also worth pointing out that in a letter dated March 4, 2013 the CCRC gave Mr. Jordan until March 11th to resign or be removed from office. Daniel Edel was added to the Secretary of State website as the new treasurer on March 6th, a full 5 days before the deadline the CCRC officers gave Ray Jordan to resign.

CCRC Chair Joy Staveley has hired an attorney to defend the CCRC in case Ray Jordan decides to pursue legal action. Staveley says she has evidence that Mr. Jordan took trips using CCRC funds and that’s why she and the other board members were forced to remove him. So far she has not provided this “evidence” to the body of the CCRC.

The drama continues…

http://flagliberty.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/img079.jpg

more: http://flagliberty.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/coconino-county-republican-party-illegally-appoints-new-treasurer/

not quite sure what is going on here, but the guy writing and tweeting this is a liberty person.

Dorfsmith
03-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I just realized that I posted the wrong part of section 6 in my blog last night. It's been corrected. The correct quote is even more clear:

“Section 6: In the case of any vacancy in any elective office of the County Committee, other than that of County Chair, such vacancy shall be filled by a majority vote of the members present or proxies at a regularly scheduled meeting at which a quorum is present.”