PDA

View Full Version : Police officer accused of falsifying DUI reports pleads no contest

phill4paul
03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
73 lives ruined...SMFH.

Former Sacramento police officer accused of falsifying DUI reports pleads no contest to felony counts

SACRAMENTO, CA - A police officer accused of filing false DUI reports, causing the cases to be thrown out, pled no contest more than two years after he was charged.

Former Sacramento police officer Brandon Mullock, 27, was charged with four felony charges - one count of perjury, three counts of filing false police reports, Sacramento County District Attorney Office spokesperson Shelly Orio said.

Mullock resigned from the police department in August 2010.

Orio said during the investigation, the police department and the D.A.'s office found the Mullock lied about DUI suspects refusing to do field sobriety tests, staggering or slurring their speech, and suspects making incriminating statements about being drunk.

In September 2010, the district attorney had to drop 79 cases written by Mullock after discovering inaccuraopcies in his reports compared to what was recorded by his patrol unit video. The cases mostly involved DUIs and Mullock as the main officer/witness. Orio said 73 of the cases already had convictions, which had to be recalled and set aside.

The trial against Mullock began in May 2011. He was cited in 23 different cases, where he was charged with 33 counts of perjury and filing false reports.

Orio said as part of his agreement with the court, Mullock pled no contest to four felony counts and the judge can consider the dismissed cases when handing down his sentence.

Mullock's sentencing is scheduled for April 19.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/237282/2/Ex-cop-pleads-no-contests-to-false-DUI-reports

Origanalist
03-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Just another drop in the bucket.

tod evans
03-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Squeal like a pig you little bitch..:p

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/mullock%2005-18-2011.jpg

Red Green
03-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Only news here is the pig got caught.

Origanalist
03-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Only news here is the pig got caught.

One bad apple Red Green, one bad apple. You make it sound like we can't trust the brave men and women in law enforcement.

Red Green
03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
One bad apple Red Green, one bad apple. You make it sound like we can't trust the brave men and women in law enforcement.

It's the 99% who give the 1% a bad name.

Origanalist
03-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Squeal like a pig you little bitch..:p

http://blogs.sacbee.com/crime/mullock%2005-18-2011.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/bg4sjt.gif

devil21
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
inaccuraopcies

Someone dove deep into the thesaurus for that one! These stories of cops falsifying DUI arrests is growing. When I clicked the link I thought it was about that female Trooper that got busted doing it.

aGameOfThrones
03-24-2013, 05:37 AM
He just wanted to win "officer of the year" award.

tod evans
03-24-2013, 05:58 AM
He just wanted to win "officer of the year" award.

Now he can be "Punk of the cell-block".....

newbitech
03-24-2013, 06:20 AM
What about going after the DA who's job it is to look at the evidence and decide if it's worth bringing a case? What about the FUCKING DA who threatens those 73 people with all kinds of BULLSHIT unless then cop a plea?

The cop was able to get away with this because the people he was working with, the DA, his bosses etc, also lied, falsified information etc etc..

What about the assholes at the jail who treated these 73 people like scum because of this cops false evidence?

This is a systemic problem, we all know that. I am happy some of the people here got to see their cases resolved with a little bit of justice. It's also sad to know that what I have experienced in my life is common place, the norm, accepted behavior etc etc..

Don't let the DA, and the court system off the hook. More than likely, some aspiring defense lawyer found some cracks in the entire system and this cop was just the most blatant example the system could use as a scapegoat. Press on until judges and states attorney are on the other end of this justice as well.