PDA

View Full Version : Biden racks up the travel bills

opal
03-23-2013, 03:44 PM
did not know if this was gen politics or economy.. but here ya go

Biden Stays at London, Paris Hotels; Two Nights, $1 Million

Friday, 22 Mar 2013 06:51 PM

By Todd Beamon

Vice President Joe Biden’s one-day trips to Paris and London in February cost American taxpayers more than $1 million, according to multiple reports.

Biden and his security detail rung up a $585,000.50 tab for a single night on Feb. 4 at the Hotel Intercontinental Paris Le Grand, a luxurious five-star hotel near the Louvre Museum, The Weekly Standard reports.

Meanwhile, The Daily Mail in London reports that Biden’s group spent $459,388.65 for one night on Feb. 5 at the Hyatt Regency in London, where the vice president met with Prime Minister David Cameron.

The contract for the London trip specified that Biden’s crew required 136 hotel rooms for that one-night stay, The Daily Mail reports.

Biden’s wife, Dr. Jill Biden, accompanied him to Paris on his European trip, which also included a stop in Germany.

The Mail reports that Biden’s entourage required more than 100 rooms at Le Grand. One night in the presidential suite there costs more than $3,800.

Here’s how the Intercontinental Paris Le Grand is described on its website:

“With floodlit views of the Opera House, this superbly renovated luxury hotel is at the heart of Parisian society. Opened in 1862, it defines historical grandeur, from Café de la Paix to La Verriere Restaurant, set in an 800 square metre winter garden. Elegantly appointed, the hotel’s boutique-style suites overlook stunning landmarks. Located … close to the Louvre Museum, shopping, theatre and banking districts, this luxury Paris hotel is an icon in the City of Light.”

Reaction was swift to Biden’s lavish spending.

“Still no WH tours, but VP Biden’s recent trip to Europe racked up $1mil in hotel room bills,” said U.S. Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas, among dozens to vent outrage on Twitter.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

KrokHead
03-23-2013, 03:53 PM
I can understand that you just don't want your vice president shot and killed for no reason, but I'm sure this trip to Europe did virtually nothing to improve America's situation. Just pure rockstar excess, except rockstars have no money anymore.

itshappening
03-23-2013, 04:37 PM
Why on earth do they need to take 100 ROOMS? I mean jesus, just sweep the place a day before and have the host country security check the guests. There is no need to take the whole hotel just because he's the vice president... go mingle with the other guests at the bar or is that beneath you, Mr. Vice President?

Origanalist
03-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Why on earth do they need to take 100 ROOMS? I mean jesus, just sweep the place a day before and have the host country security check the guests. There is no need to take the whole hotel just because he's the vice president... go mingle with the other guests at the bar or is that beneath you, Mr. Vice President?

Well, if it wasn't for the sequester it would have been two hundred rooms. Austerity measures you know......

opal
03-23-2013, 05:31 PM
you go to visit someone.. they should put you up at their place - esp when the govt pays for their place. Leave your damn entourage home.

VIDEODROME
03-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Most of that was his bar tab.

itshappening
03-23-2013, 06:22 PM

Biden thinks its beneath him to mingle with ordinary people at the bar. He was probably served in his room and told how great he is by sycophantic aides.

itshappening
03-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Seriously, the hotel bills should not be anything near 600k and they should not be block booking rooms.

Just put him a suite for $1000 and sweep the hotel for bombs the night before. The hotel has every guests name which can easily be checked against the police database.

Let the local people see the Vice President of the United States. Let them have a drink with him. It's something they can tell their friends and family about and shows he is accessible.

I hate it when politicians play diva.

His hotel bill should be a few thousand at most and he should make an effort to say hello to the guests.

phill4paul
03-23-2013, 06:32 PM
America owns three building in France as part of the Embassy. This is the Hôtel de Pontalba ( formerly called Hotel Rothschild ). It is where the U.S. Embassador lives. I cannot for the life of me believe that their was not a room in it for the V.P. I'm sure security measures are already in place.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/HoteldePontalba.jpg/800px-HoteldePontalba.jpg

James Madison
03-23-2013, 07:02 PM

More like 'sex and drugs' tab.

HOLLYWOOD
03-23-2013, 10:51 PM
So, what are all these taxpayers billions spent on Embassies, Consulates, and Ambassadors?

Can't pickup a phone to communicate or LIVE teleconferencing in high definition if they need a face with the voice?

100% Marxist aristocrats and these sociopaths spend the people's money while 100,000s homeless, hungry, and/or living in poverty in America.

This is another CON from the psycho-criminals inside the DC beltway