PDA

View Full Version : Littering...

Neil Desmond
03-23-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.keepblountbeautiful.org/ESW/Images/Tree_and_Personal_Property_Litter_031.jpg

Littering is bad, right? When people elect junk politicians, aren't we littering our government? Please tell people to stop electing junk politicians.

Thank you.

cheapseats
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Apropos to both LITTERING and GOVERNMENT RIDICULOUSNESS, I would mention that you can be fined $10,000 in Oklahoma for killing a transit worker and $6250 in Oregon for littering.

fr33
03-23-2013, 09:39 PM
You could probably sift through that pile of trash and make some good money. I see a few things that could sell on ebay for a few bucks. And then there's the aluminum cans that are probably in there.

heavenlyboy34
03-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Politicians are inherently junk. Only responsible and rational people can do without that junk. ;)

oyarde
03-23-2013, 09:47 PM
You could probably sift through that pile of trash and make some good money. I see a few things that could sell on ebay for a few bucks. And then there's the aluminum cans that are probably in there.

No way I am opening those coolers :) .....

Neil Desmond
03-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Should we create a list of junk politicians? Example of criteria would be politicians who don't read the bills they vote on, those who don't even show up to vote on bills, maybe even politicians who vote in favor of bills that are "apparently" unconstitutional.

Barrex
03-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Apropos to both LITTERING and GOVERNMENT RIDICULOUSNESS, I would mention that you can be fined $10,000 in Oklahoma for killing a transit worker and $6250 in Oregon for littering.

First hand experience or?

talkingpointes
03-24-2013, 10:20 AM
I see a ton o gold in there, quite literally. Get all the electronics, screens everything. Take them apart, melt them down -- or sell them whole.

EDIT. Missed the point. All politicians are junk. Whether they are good or not. Ron Paul is no longer a politician.

cheapseats
03-24-2013, 10:31 AM
First hand experience or?

Reading signs on the sides of their highways as I drive past them.

And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you

Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

And the sign said anybody caught trespassing would be shot on sight
So I jumped on the fence and yelled at the house, Hey! what gives you the right
To put up a fence to keep me out or to keep mother nature in
If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man you're some kinda sinner

Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign

Now, hey you Mister! can't you read, you got to have a shirt and tie to get a seat
You can't even watch, no you can't eat, you ain't suppose to be here
Sign said you got to have a membership card to get inside

And the sign said everybody welcome, come in, kneel down and pray
But when they passed around the plate at the end of it all,
I didn't have a penny to pay, so I got me a pen and a paper and I made up my own little sign
I said thank you Lord for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine

Do this, don't do that, cant you read the sign!

FIVE MAN ELECTRIC BAND
http://www.elyrics.net/read/0-9/5-man-electric-band-lyrics/signs,-signs-lyrics.html

Neil Desmond
03-24-2013, 10:33 AM
All politicians are junk. Whether they are good or not. Ron Paul is no longer a politician.
There is a small handful of good politicians (ok, fine, maybe only 1 or 2) who aren't junk politicians.

Neil Desmond
03-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Does anyone happen to know if a website that is essentially about this exists? It could for example be something by a non-partisan "government watchdog" organization. If not, maybe one ought to be started. The purpose and benefit would be to target the worst "offenders" (in other words, the ones at the bottom of a "good reputation" type of list) during re-elections, to help their opponents' chances of beating them.

Christian Liberty
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Politicians are inherently junk. Only responsible and rational people can do without that junk. ;)

Ron Paul wasn't junk...

fisharmor
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
I see a fraction of a gram o gold in there, quite literally. Get all the electronics, screens everything. Take them apart, melt them down -- or sell them whole.

FTFY

My county landfill actually makes you sign something with your name and address when you recycle electronics. I challenged them once, asking "Do I get a receipt for tax purposes or something?"
"No."
"Why the hell am I doing this then?"
"..............."