PDA

View Full Version : ACTION REQUIRED - WEST VIRGINIA SB2760. Write your reps.

osan
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Please don't shirk on this one all you WV people. I wasn't even aware that I could be arrested for carrying openly in Dunbar and Charleston, where I have waltzed down the avenues many times openly carrying.

http://www.firearmspolicy.org/2013/03/gun-rights-action-alert-help-pass-hb-2760-west-virginia-now/

This is what I wrote:

I strongly support SB 2760 and demand that you vote for its passage.

It is violation enough of our natural rights of private property and defense that we must toe a line of any law whatsoever that restricts those rights in order that we may keep and bear arms. So much more intolerable the violation where petty fiefdoms further trespass upon us by enacting immoral and indeed criminal ordinances and other restrictions, often unpublished, against the individual ability to fully exercise their prerogatives per their natural rights.

Be aware that a right directly implies the right to the means of exercise. Therefore, any restriction whatsoever upon the individual's ability to exercise a right in a peaceable manner in fact constitutes a felonious assault upon him. In a free and just nation such violations are never to be tolerated regardless of circumstance.

That a man may step out of his car with his gun openly holstered on his hip only to be arrested by police for violating a criminally immoral local restriction and face the possibility of becoming a convicted felon is outrageous and this threat must be eliminated as but a step toward restoring proper freedoms to the people of West Virginia.

Given the general state of current affairs across this great nation of ours I must be direct in expressing to you that if you do not vote in favor of this bill, I and a great many of my friends and acquaintances will take note, neither forgetting nor forgiving what in our opinions would be tantamount to an expression of contempt against the sovereignty of the people of West Virginia bordering on the treasonous.

Thank you for your consideration on this matter and I look forward to your cooperation in the form of a correct vote in favor.