PDA

View Full Version : Senators McCain and Graham back Rand on immigration

compromise
03-22-2013, 06:33 PM
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/schumer-graham-praise-rand-pauls-support-for-path

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who also sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, tweeted "@SenRandPaul support for comprehensive immigration reform is another step in the right direction for the Republican Party."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/03/19/rand-paul-pathway-to-citizenship_n_2909800.html

Supporters of comprehensive immigration reform, including fellow Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.), said they were pleased with his announcement.
Those working on a Senate immigration bill certainly seemed to think Paul had indicated support for such a pathway. Graham, a member of the so-called "gang of eight" working on a bill, said he and Paul had spoken "briefly" about a pathway to citizenship, but not extensively. The South Carolina senator is a strong supporter of a path to citizenship and argues no immigration bill will go into law without one. He said he was glad to see Paul seemingly agree.
"The fact that he embraces it as a logical solution to a tough problem is very positive for the party, very positive, I think, for solving the problem overall," Graham told reporters. "It was welcome news."

Brett85
03-22-2013, 06:40 PM
They'll be disappointed when Rand ultimately votes against their bill.

eating_nachos
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
This makes me feel so much better. :rolleyes:

FSP-Rebel
03-22-2013, 06:57 PM
They're doing this to erode Rand's standing with the base since they know they're hated so why not drag Rand down by pretending his bill does something different than what it does. It's payback for them looking like dipshits on the heels of the filibuster that was so popular.

Legend1104
03-22-2013, 06:58 PM
I think they are trying to just save face.

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 06:59 PM
He's a "wacko-bird' but he is a 'wacko-bird' I can get behind!

itshappening
03-22-2013, 06:59 PM
I'd take it with a grain of salt. Flake also tweeted he's glad Rand supports 'comprehensive immigration reform' and a 'pathway to citizenship' I told him to talk to Rand. Flake seems eager to make them voters which is odd since he won by 1-2 points and in Arizona they would just vote him out of office and turn the state blue

AlexAmore
03-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Wow could this really be a sign Rand will pass through his immigration amendment? Maybe people have the wrong idea of what it is, but if it passed Rand could be the breakthrough politician for getting the fence built.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2013, 07:24 PM
In reality, Rand has come to their side more, right? Full disclosure, I have not followed the immigration debate and I really don't care about it.

rockandrollsouls
03-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Better for us. No one tried to save face with Ron.

I think they are trying to just save face.