PDA

View Full Version : Jordanian Communists burn U.S flag

itshappening
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2013/3/22/201332272957530734_20.jpg

Members of the Jordanian communist party have demonstrated against US President Barack Obama's visit to the region by staging a protest in front of the US embassy.

Tens of protesters on Thursday chanted slogans such as "USA go away" and "Obama go away".

Obama met Israeli and Palestinian officials in Jerusalem and West Bank during his first visit to the region as president.

"It is a protest, a massive protest against the policy of the United States," said Dr Munir Hamarneh from the Jordanian Communist Party.

"First of all, against their policy in Palestine, second, against their policy in the Arab countries. We believe that the United States is taking a stand which is against peace, democracy and against the real future of humanity."

The protesters then proceeded to burn the American flag at the protest.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/03/20133226505231607.html
-

Obama has announced $200 in aid to Jordan:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/obama-syria-aid-89232.html?hp=l6

BlackTerrel
03-22-2013, 07:22 PM
http://www.aljazeera.com/mritems/Images/2013/3/22/201332272957530734_20.jpg

Members of the Jordanian communist party have demonstrated against US President Barack Obama's visit to the region by staging a protest in front of the US embassy.

Tens of protesters on Thursday chanted slogans such as "USA go away" and "Obama go away".

Obama met Israeli and Palestinian officials in Jerusalem and West Bank during his first visit to the region as president.

"It is a protest, a massive protest against the policy of the United States," said Dr Munir Hamarneh from the Jordanian Communist Party.

"First of all, against their policy in Palestine, second, against their policy in the Arab countries. We believe that the United States is taking a stand which is against peace, democracy and against the real future of humanity."

The protesters then proceeded to burn the American flag at the protest.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/03/20133226505231607.html
-

Obama has announced $200 in aid to Jordan:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/obama-syria-aid-89232.html?hp=l6

With $200 they'll be able to make a down payment on the new Air Jordan's.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxqLIGkgpBh9nDj-AyWfcJZVFTioyBSh3G5LcuLOE9D28tFMCM

BlackTerrel
03-22-2013, 07:24 PM
This would be a reason to think about cutting aid to Jordan. Were it not for the fact that an Israeli company made a sowing error on the American flag

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407629-Cut-off-their-aid!-Hundreds-of-US-flags-flown-upside-down-in-Israel

itshappening
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Paging Frank. The JBS needs to help fight to cut off foreign aid.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2013, 07:37 PM
I think the worst way to go about ending foreign aid is to make the argument about denying aid to countries that "hate us". It can be so easily turned around on you. Ron's argument works much better in my opinion. Foreign aid is stealing from the poor people of this country and giving it to the rich people in other countries.

itshappening
03-22-2013, 07:40 PM
I think the worst way to go about ending foreign aid is to make the argument about denying aid to countries that "hate us". It can be so easily turned around on you. Ron's argument works much better in my opinion. Foreign aid is stealing from the poor people of this country and giving it to the rich people in other countries.

Rand's argument is better because it's populist and receives thunderous applause.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Rand's argument is better because it's populist and receives thunderous applause.

If the countries start doing what we want (or saying what we want), then our government should continue stealing from American taxpayers and borrowing from China in order to have a world welfare state? That is insane.

fr33
03-22-2013, 07:51 PM
I think the worst way to go about ending foreign aid is to make the argument about denying aid to countries that "hate us". It can be so easily turned around on you. Ron's argument works much better in my opinion. Foreign aid is stealing from the poor people of this country and giving it to the rich people in other countries.Yep. It will turn into "give more money to the people that love us so they can kill the people that hate us".

Colonialism is wrong. Period.

BlackTerrel
03-22-2013, 07:54 PM
I do generally agree with the idea that the reason to cut foreign aid is because it is theft from taxpayers.

itshappening
03-22-2013, 08:03 PM
If the countries start doing what we want (or saying what we want), then our government should continue stealing from American taxpayers and borrowing from China in order to have a world welfare state? That is insane.

Rand is opposed to foreign aid full stop, even to Israel but he's framing it in a populist way. If he was in power he would try and end it all regardless what they do.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Rand is opposed to foreign aid full stop, even to Israel but he's framing it in a populist way. If he was in power he would try and end it all regardless what they do.

Why frame it this way though? I think Ron's argument is a more compelling populist argument.

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Go Jordan!

kcchiefs6465
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
This would be a reason to think about cutting aid to Jordan. Were it not for the fact that an Israeli company made a sowing error on the American flag

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407629-Cut-off-their-aid!-Hundreds-of-US-flags-flown-upside-down-in-Israel
These little jabs or quips are so damn annoying you have no idea. Yes, we should cut aid to Jordan. We should cut aid to Israel. I don't see why one or the other needs to be discussed or why this is hard for you to grasp, or why you must slyly throw some smart assed comment into every thread you post. [for another example, your 'Christian held in Iran' thread]

Well that doesn't seem too unreasonable. Let's get out of their backyard and maybe they wouldn't have a reason to burn our flag. Maybe if we did not sell [give] Israel weapons to wage attacks on Palestine they wouldn't be burning our flag.

So you know, I don't give a damn if it was a sewing error or if they intentionally hung our flag upside down. If we weren't involved over there, either, they would have no reason to do so. [make our flags, or hang them upside down] Are you of the belief that we should continue to arm and fan flames in the region? Or are you of the logical belief that we should quit subsidizing every country over there? From Pakistan to Iraq to Israel. Because it seems like you want to cut aid to Jordan, but you don't want to cut aid to Israel.

kcchiefs6465
03-22-2013, 08:10 PM
I do generally agree with the idea that the reason to cut foreign aid is because it is theft from taxpayers.
I am suspecting as much. Generally speaking, when do you suppose foregin aid is justifiable?

kcchiefs6465
03-22-2013, 08:12 PM
People need to be told this in layman terms. If people truly understood the level of insanity there would actually be a majority push to end it.

itshappening
03-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Why frame it this way though? I think Ron's argument is a more compelling populist argument.

Ugh, because it gets thunderous applause at CPAC and conservatives cheering against foreign aid which their representatives have always supported?

Ron's lectures while instructive don't do that.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Ugh, because it gets thunderous applause at CPAC and conservatives cheering against foreign aid which their representatives have always supported?

Ron's lectures while instructive don't do that.

Yeah, but the applause (if coming from hawkish conservatives) is applause for the wrong reason. It's applause with the understanding that foreign aid is still okay. Why would Rand want that kind of applause?

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
When Vice-presidents luxuriate, at a cost of half a million in a Paris hotel when we own three perfectly good buildings that are designed for protection, I become well aware that we live in a ruling class society. They might not be called "Kings", "Earls" or "Barons" but there is not that much difference. There is actually NO difference. The flag is bullshit. The Constitution is bullshit. The will of people that believe in freedom. Faded as an American flag on the pole at a failing business.

itshappening
03-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Yeah, but the applause (if coming from hawkish conservatives) is applause for the wrong reason. It's applause with the understanding that foreign aid is still okay. Why would Rand want that kind of applause?

Who cares about the "reason"? jeez... Rand just wants votes. He's not educating them like Ron he actually wants to win and when he's got their vote then he can start cutting foreign aid and doing something about it

camp_steveo
03-22-2013, 08:32 PM
I don't know why you are complaining. If you believe in freedom of expression, then the 1st Amendment applies to everyone...including people who do not really like our govt.

Sola_Fide
03-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Who cares about the "reason"? jeez... Rand just wants votes. He's not educating them like Ron he actually wants to win and when he's got their vote then he can start cutting foreign aid and doing something about it

I don't believe that conservatives are that dumb. Especially now in the age of Ron Paul and the internet, everyone knows what their foreign policy views are and they know what the candidates views are. If Rand thinks he is going to "fool" conservatives, then he is wrong and he is going to lose. It's better to be up front about the issue.

itshappening
03-22-2013, 08:40 PM
I don't believe that conservatives are that dumb. Especially now in the age of Ron Paul and the internet, everyone knows what their foreign policy views are and they know what the candidates views are. If Rand thinks he is going to "fool" conservatives, then he is wrong and he is going to lose. It's better to be up front about the issue.

No, it's better to frame things in a way that most of them can accept and cheer and that's what he's doing.

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
No, it's better to frame things in a way that most of them can accept and cheer and that's what he's doing.

Duping people only goes so far. It lasts until some one else out dupes you.

itshappening
03-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Duping people only goes so far. It lasts until some one else out dupes you.

He's not really duping them. He's whipping up populist support against foreign aid. His views on ending all foreign end including to Israel (only senator on record saying that) are well known. So how are they being duped?

seraphson
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
These "Communists" realize the USSR fell nearly two decades ago right? Right? Maybe we should replay the tapes...Oh wait..."This time is different".

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
He's not really duping them. He's whipping up populist support against foreign aid. His views on ending all foreign end including to Israel (only senator on record saying that) are well known. So how are they being duped?

We agree that Rand is positioning himself and using issues to that end....no? To that end he is couching libertarian beliefs within mainstream thought patterns for widest appeal..no? He is duping the GOP. No? It's afuggin game. Have fun playing it. I'm out because I know the mainstream will be used and through use TPTB will prevail. Defeatist? No. Realist? Yes. Too many dumbfounded dipshits to change this course.

ClydeCoulter
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Really? Representative?

heavenlyboy34
03-22-2013, 10:28 PM
]I don't believe that conservatives are that dumb. [/B] Especially now in the age of Ron Paul and the internet, everyone knows what their foreign policy views are and they know what the candidates views are. If Rand thinks he is going to "fool" conservatives, then he is wrong and he is going to lose. It's better to be up front about the issue.
There are a lot of people that dumb. "Idiocracy" is no longer satire-it is a documentary. :(

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Really? Representative?

It's reaching a head.... maybe time for martial law.

Antischism
03-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Can't say I blame them. I also don't care about flags, so flag burning doesn't bother me in the least. Hell, as it stands, the American flag doesn't remind me of freedom, rather military adventurism and oppression. I think I would go as far as to say I abhor the flag and what it stands for today.

Carson
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Horning in on their communism?

fr33
03-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Jordan's King has more representation in D.C. than I have.

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 10:44 PM

Nothing more really needs to be said.........

Carson
03-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Can't say I blame them. I also don't care about flags, so flag burning doesn't bother me in the least. Hell, as it stands, the American flag doesn't remind me of freedom, rather military adventurism and oppression. I think I would go as far as to say I abhor the flag and what it stands for today.

It is a tough problem now.

If you stand for the ideals of The United States your kind of labeled oddly by some.

I've seen evidence the government forces seem in the process of dropping the flag. Maybe we shouldn't quite let go of it yet. I'm thinking every policeman used to have it on their shoulder.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,
and your government when it deserves it."

-- Mark Twain

Maybe their flag was just old and they were properly disposing of it. :D

kcchiefs6465
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
SOFEX

BlackTerrel
04-02-2013, 10:19 PM
These little jabs or quips are so damn annoying you have no idea. Yes, we should cut aid to Jordan. We should cut aid to Israel. I don't see why one or the other needs to be discussed or why this is hard for you to grasp, or why you must slyly throw some smart assed comment into every thread you post. [for another example, your 'Christian held in Iran' thread]

Because if we're against all foreign aid (like I am). We should be consistent. If people are upset about some country making a sowing error they should also be upset about this. We give aid to both countries.

I am suspecting as much. Generally speaking, when do you suppose foregin aid is justifiable?

I agree with the general principle that cutting foreign aid should be done to preserve tax payer wealth. I somewhat agree that giving aid to hostile elements or to countries that do bad with the money we give them is another reason to cut aid.

oyarde
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
This makes no sense.Palestine means land of the Philistines.There are no Philistines and have been none for a very , very long time.However , Jordan is home to surviving blood of the Kingdom of Edom.So , Jordan, is Palestine. Communists in this half of the world love Obummer. So , these are very confused communists .All Bolsheviks are the same.Ignorance , hate , inability to do math .They should get serious and set themselves on fire.I wish to provide them with no bread and would rather feed my songbirds .The Philistines were gone by the 5th century , those that survived became part of Judea. So , there are no Philistines , Jordan is Palestine , Communists all suck and if there are any Philistines they are Jews.

oyarde
04-02-2013, 10:54 PM
LOL , all true, and communists still suck .

oyarde
04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
The Philistines were Agean and or Myceanean.

oyarde
04-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Maybe the Greeks should lay claim . I plan on claiming the Southern half of my State , maybe Mon when I have time.LOL