PDA

View Full Version : Huelskamp knocks Portman’s gay marriage flip-flop

itshappening
03-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Sen. Rob Portman (in photo), R-Ohio, created a buzz by announcing a change of heart on same-sex marriage, a decision that followed a son’s announcement that he is gay. But according to ThinkProgress, Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler, was dismissive, calling Portman “a senator who couldn’t deliver his own home state in the presidential election” and complaining that “somehow we’re supposed to believe that if we abandon traditional marriage that liberals are going to flock to us.” Speaking at the recent Conservative Political Action Conference, Huelskamp also said, “The principle is, traditional marriage and family is the foundation of society.” Asked whether he would re-examine his own position if he had a gay son, the Kansan said: “I support traditional marriage.”

Read more here: http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2013/03/huelskamp-unmoved-by-portmans-marriage-flip-flop/#storylink=cpy

Christian Liberty
03-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Why does this matter, ItsHappening?

jkr
03-22-2013, 12:41 PM
cause portman sux and needs to go?

TonySutton
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
yes, but he sucked before this

Christian Liberty
03-22-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't know much about him but I suspect he sucks. I assume anyone in politics sucks unless they prove otherwise. But I don't really care about this. If anyone agreed with me on every issue except SSM they would consistently have my full support everytime.