PDA

View Full Version : A message to ron paul supporters from Freds Money Bomb

ClayTrainor
11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.fredsgivingday.com/

read that message... if what he says is true, im a little ashamed. We do not need to mock the competition to win.

10thAmendmentMan
11-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Are people really stupid enough to do things like that, or did he just put up that message to make us look like asses?

qwerty
11-24-2007, 08:20 AM
There could be also people online WHO ACT LIKE BEING RON PAUL SUPPORTER....

:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, if that indeed happened, I would be ashamed too. But, this is one time when I'm going to ask how in heck he has determined that whomever left tacky messages were RON PAUL supporters? How? Why? What proof does he have? Or, is this just another smear?

But listen, we need to take the high road here. Please don't email anyone, cursing them out. Sending something is fine, but we've got to act better than the person who left this message on their website.

I, for one, am going to contact Fred's campaign and nicely request that they remove this slur, unless they have some proof of their accusation that they would like to make available.

ClayTrainor
11-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Well, if that indeed happened, I would be ashamed too. But, this is one time when I'm going to ask how in heck he has determined that whomever left tacky messages were RON PAUL supporters? How? Why? What proof does he have? Or, is this just another smear?

agreed!

constituent
11-24-2007, 08:23 AM
that's so funny. prove it was ron paul supporters. oh wait, you don't have to?

i'll bet this guy just made up a bunch of subscribers hoping to dupe other people into
thinking that anyone was actually (supporting or) going to donate to Fred Thompson.

now it fizzled out and everyone is asking him, "wtf?"

"uhhhhh.... it's the RP supporters fault, not mine."

yea right.

fred'sgivingday founder, you are a looser. deal with it.

so is your candidate, deal with it.

but don't expect a pity party and don't expect people to
somehow be dissuaded from supporting RP just b/c
you made some snide remarks on your site and refused
to take responsibility for your utter failure in marketing
and abysmal web design skills.

I'm sure your money dud did more to support the RP presidency,
and damage Fred's own, than your little hit piece could ever attempt.

thanks most sinceriously,
constituent

p.s.

they're all laughing at you.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 08:24 AM
wah wah wah

if pointing out zionist control of the US makes someone a racist then so be it

constituent
11-24-2007, 08:25 AM

[here, i'll let you borrow my tin-foil hat but just to keep you safe whilst on the dark side]

But listen, we need to take the high road here. Please don't email anyone, cursing them out. Sending something is fine, but we've got to act better than the person who left this message on their website.

[amen, well said. good thing for "safety helmets"]

I, for one, am going to contact Fred's campaign and nicely request that they remove this slur, unless they have some proof of their accusation that they would like to make available.

[rock on libertyeagle! let us know how it goes]

edits.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 08:26 AM
wah wah wah

Are you saying you went over there and fraudulently added your name to their MB pledge? :confused:

Adamsa
11-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Most of us are good, but there seems to be a section of our support that is just plain crazy.

RPFTW!
Are you saying you went over there and fraudulently added your name to their MB pledge? :confused:

I didn't even know about their crappy little 'fred bomb' but I've been to their forums and any critism of Israel - 'wah racists wah wah wah'

GoneResistance
Do you know how many times I have been laughed at and ridiculed by Thompson supporters? I don't think they have any room to talk about how to treat opposing candidates.

I just want to make sure everyone is aware that Ron Paul has been talking about December 16th, and his expectations for that day are getting reported in newspapers today.

Please, please, let's not let Ron down on this TeaParty. He will look like an idiot if he goes around saying we are going to raise millions and we fail.

RPFTW!
who the hell cares what those morons think anyway

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 08:30 AM
Do you know how many times I have been laughed at and ridiculed by Thompson supporters? I don't think they have any room to talk about how to treat opposing candidates.

It doesn't matter. Fred is part of the good 'ol boys club. Ron is not. No one is going to try to take Fred down. Oh, but they will, Ron. We are the ones who simply have to take the high road. I didn't say, take their crap.

I just want to make sure everyone is aware that Ron Paul has been talking about December 16th, and his expectations for that day are getting reported in newspapers today.

Please, please, let's not let Ron down on this TeaParty. He will look like an idiot if he goes around saying we are going to raise millions and we fail.

Very true.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 08:33 AM
This is what happened:
Fred heads see Ron Paul's great money bomb success.
Fred heads emulate in high hopes.
Fred's money bomb is huge disaster
Fred head's get jealous
Fred head's play victim

ladyliberty
11-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Lets make sure we all have RPs phone number in case the website crashes - either from the overwhelming response or from malicious hijacking of the site!

ladyliberty
11-24-2007, 08:35 AM
This is what happened:
Fred heads see Ron Paul's great money bomb success.
Fred heads emulate in high hopes.
Fred's money bomb is huge disaster
Fred head's get jealous
Fred head's play victim

and we all know from past experience that no matter what happens it will be blamed on us! :mad:

libertythor
11-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Those weren't Ron Paul supporters. None of us have trolled in the name of RP. Any trolling is done on the spoof sites in jest, and even then RP is hardly mentioned.

Yeah its a smear.....or some people posing to make a scandal. I don't know of any RP supporters with "racist email addresses".

What a bunch of douchbags the fred camp seems to have!!!!!

allyinoh
11-24-2007, 08:40 AM

I completely agree with what you said. I'm going to have to go with the fact that I think they have no proof but want to accuse us to make us look bad.

Just like when the owner of the Rudy forum closed it down and said it was because of Ron Paul supporters.

I think it's part of the whole attack phase.

K1RBY
11-24-2007, 08:46 AM
you all need to realize that this is their new line of attack now.

they cannot attack ron paul's message, and frankly, they cant even understand why we are so excited about our guy....so now they will just act like we are agitators, racists ect ect.

i know this is 95% BS, and i am not taking the enemies word for anything here.

that being said, im glad people are angry & writing nasty emails. this is a sign to me that america just may have enough anger & balls to turn itself around!
..i was starting to think our countrymen were all phohawks & pointy shoes.

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Lets just be nice and make it easy for Thompson/supporters to get out of the race.

garrettwombat
11-24-2007, 08:50 AM
i dont feel sorry for these guys, in fact it made me laugh.

...the fact is there are millions of ron paul supporters... and there are only what, 8000 of us on these forums?
ron paul supporters are all over the Internet and there is no way to control what those people do because we cannot reach them.
it will be even more hilarious if we win most of these early primaries, talk is cheap... i dont think fred will be winning any of the states anymore, his campaign is dead in the water falling very far behind in the polls after that coke deal crap and the man used to be a lobbyist, WTF?

no matter what, you all know rudy is the true competition... you cant turn on the tv without them talking about him, huckabee is just a sidetrack, mccian is too.
rudy has been declared months ago as the winner by the endless flow of day and night media plugging showing his face. he has already been drilled into the brains of every american... you wanna fight someone, fight the ghoul.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Laugh now guys. Enjoy your moment.

My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more. You see, you can raise all the money in the world, but when you go around continually insulting and pissing off the hearts and minds that you need to win elections, you get nowhere!

That’s where you’ll be in a few months, and that’s just what you deserve.

Oh yeah, like CFRed Thompson is really going places. Face it, Thompson's campaign hasn't lived up to the hype. We can laugh back though when alleged frontrunner Thompson finishes below Ron Paul in New Hampshire.

Ron Paul is slowly but surely rising. 5-6% nationally in like four different polls now. 8% in SC, 8% in NH and 7% in NV. May not seem like much, but compared to a month ago it's great.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 08:56 AM
I take it this guy has never seen the crap they write about Ron Paul at free republic..

garrettwombat
11-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Ron Paul is slowly but surely rising. 5-6% nationally in like different polls. 8% in SC, 8% in NH and 7% in NV. May not seem like much, but compared to a month ago it's great.

yeah then factor in all those democrats, independents, libertarians, college kids, and first time voters and we arnt lookin to shabby are we?

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
yeah then factor in all those democrats, independents, libertarians, college kids, and first time voters and we arnt lookin to shabby are we?

Exactly 80% of the people on this website are first time voters (don't quote me)

garrettwombat
11-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Exactly 80% of the people on this website are first time voters (don't quote me)

oh but it is true though, i myself am a first time voter... all my friends are first time voters.... my mother has been a life long republican but frankly she is the only ron paul supporter i know who is a republican.

...and i know a lot of ron paul supporters

Zydeco
11-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Give me a break. We have no one's word but this guy's that Ron Paul supporters (or those claiming to be) did anything like what he says.

It's such a transparent and desperate tactic that's become a meme, because they can't argue the issues. "Ron Paul supporters are so mean! They attacked Rudy on the ferry! They're so impolite!" Whatever. Remember that recent article about how mean Ron Paul supporters are...where CHARLES JOHNSON of LITTLE GREEN FOOTBALLS was cited as a a reference point for online manners?

Ron Paul supporters are no more rude or polite than supporters of any other candidate in my experience. Those who say otherwise are cherry-picking because they can't argue the main points -- than Ron Paul is against the state, and they themselves are for it. It's a diversionary tactic.

Yes, be nice -- but don't buy into their crap, and don't navel-gaze too much over it.

UCFGavin
11-24-2007, 09:04 AM
whatever, fuck that guy. he has no proof it was us. it could have easily been the parody fred thompson forum.

Henry
11-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Site off-line
Thank you to all of those who supported Fred's Giving Day. :)

To all the decent Ron Paul supporters out there, my apologies for what I am about to say. This does not pertain to you.

A special shout out to all the Paul supporters who littered this site with phony pledges and racist e-mail addresses. Of all the supporters of different candidates out there, it was only you guys who took the time to make asses of yourselves. Only you.

My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more. You see, you can raise all the money in the world, but when you go around continually insulting and pissing off the hearts and minds that you need to win elections, you get nowhere!

That’s where you’ll be in a few months, and that’s just what you deserve."

Clairvoyance is now one of the methods in distinguishing who we are. Geeeeez! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sematary
11-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Most of us are good, but there seems to be a section of our support that is just plain crazy.

I'm not buying it. If people had ACTUALLY donated, like we do, then that message wouldn't be there. And since we are the target of all attacks, no matter what - I'm not buying a bit of it. Nobody is going to read it anyway, as you can tell by the response he got. Somehow, he figures that we were succesful, despite the fact that there is a bullseye firmly attached to this campaign and yet, it is somehow our fault that they weren't? Please.

garrettwombat
11-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Ron Paul supporters are no more rude or polite than supporters of any other candidate in my experience. Those who say otherwise are cherry-picking because they can't argue the main points -- than Ron Paul is against the state, and they themselves are for it. It's a diversionary tactic.

hey if people wouldnt treat us unfairly, well the media, and if rudy wasnt so currupt he wouldnt have things like that happen to him... and like this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vaCYEEO-58I

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zT-ouQPgMmI

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 09:10 AM
hey if people wouldnt treat us unfairly, well the media, and if rudy wasnt so currupt he wouldnt have things like that happen to him... and like this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vaCYEEO-58I

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zT-ouQPgMmI

I'm weeping tears, I am, after all the underhanded accusations against Ron Paul and supporters. They aren't crocodile tears though, maybe they're alligator?

jd603
11-24-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh it is a lie. Of course it is... they are mad at how bad they did.

read that message... if what he says is true, im a little ashamed. We do not need to mock the competition to win.

LBT
11-24-2007, 09:14 AM
My guess is that if the other supporters had half as many supporters with the passion of the average Ron Paul supporter, then we'd see twice as much abusive spamming coming from them.

This will never stop. The Internet is a public forum. People will get annoyed with each other. Deal with it!

The message will go on regardless.

amberj
11-24-2007, 09:16 AM
How in the world would they know that phony email addresses and pledges and such came from Ron Paul supporters? Unless there is some way for them to know that, they are unnecessarily pointing their finger at someone without any good reason.

ItsTime
11-24-2007, 09:17 AM
So they are blaming us for their failure in fund raising because of emails? I did not know racist emails could stop people from donating to Fred.

terlinguatx
11-24-2007, 09:19 AM

constituent
11-24-2007, 09:22 AM
"it's a conspiracy! i'm being targeted by a criminal RP grassroots cabal that is out
to sabotage the political process and indelibly alter the course of this once great nation.
God help us all."

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Judging by the intelligence of the average poster at the fred forum's my guess is that their own supporters signed up with racists and phoney email addresses to give themselves a chuckle. And of course anything bad that happens on the internet is scapegoated on Ron Paul supporters.

Thats exactly what they do, if you go to freerepublic.com (neo-con forums) they plan up crap like this all the time

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 09:25 AM

Um, where's the final total?

B.

PatriotOne
11-24-2007, 09:25 AM
More than likely, it happened and the person making that statement is just gullible enough to really think they were real Ron Paul suporters.

There are lots of trolls that like to pretend to be Ron Paul supporters (this board is swarming with them) and intentionally do this kind of thing. The gullible have no idea that this is a common tactic used to make Ron Paul (via his supporters) look bad. It could be opponent operatives, it could be an operative from the CIA's psyops groups, and yes, occasionally an over-zealous real supporter of Ron Paul. In the case of those using racist email addresses, obviously not a real RP supporter.

All of us should be vigilant and when we see someone, in the name of a Ron Paul supporter, do something like this on the boards, in the comment areas of YouTube, commenter's on blogs, newspaper articles, etc., You should call them out on it, denounce them publically as a troll looking to cause problems.

Don't waste your time with them other than to call them out once and don't bother getting into a shouting match with them. You will waste your time.

constitutional
11-24-2007, 09:31 AM

I don't take their word for it.

Maybe there might be 1-3 bad emails but that's about it. (and I'm pretty sure they are not Ron Paul Supporters! REMEMBER, We have few trolls here who hate RP.)

And for them to say only Ron Paul supporters signed up for fake pledges is wrong. Their objective failed and now they are looking for a scapegoat.

Check the words (obviously he trying to push something here):
"littered"
"phony"
"racist e-mail"

and look below what that moron says:

"My turn will come in a few months from now when Ron Paul's campaign is no more. You see, you can raise all the money in the world, but when you go around continually insulting and pissing off the hearts and minds that you need to win elections, you get nowhere! That’s where you’ll be in a few months, and that’s just what you deserve."

Obviously this guy is an A$$HOLE! WE DID NOTHING WRONG.

Taco John
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
The first hint that they are lying and just looking for someone to pin their failure to raise money on is the bit about the "racist email addresses." Liars.

mavtek
11-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Screw that guy! They stole our idea, it deserved to fail. Fred doesn't have the support we have, we all know that.

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Still want to know what the final total was. Maybe I should just write the guy and ask him to put it on the webpage.

ronpaulitician
11-24-2007, 09:52 AM
Are people really stupid enough to do things like that
Yes.

tfelice
11-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Are people really stupid enough to do things like that, or did he just put up that message to make us look like asses?

People are stupid enough to do that. It doesn't take long to browse through these forums and come to that conclusion. The grassroots movement is Ron Paul's biggest asset and also his biggest liability.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 10:00 AM
People are stupid enough to do that. It doesn't take long to browse through these forums and come to that conclusion. The grassroots movement is Ron Paul's biggest asset and also his biggest liability.

Who the hell cares??? its not like Fred Thompson supporters haven't done their best to ^$#@ us all over, remember when they lied and got that article in a major newspaper that claimed our movement was fake and only a couple netbots spamming email in someones basement, if you want to see how they treat us then go to freerepublic.com why should we be nice to those assholes.

tfelice
11-24-2007, 10:04 AM
why should we be nice to those assholes.

Because there will come a time when we will need their votes to win the nomination. Acting like jerks ourselves sure hasn't endeared them to our candidate. The RP grassroots has done more to turn off potential supporters than it has done to persuade them to choose our guy as their second pick.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Fred's Money Bomb Bombs:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017091.html

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Well, this thread has convinced me -

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s128/tnkytuners/askalfred.jpghttp://www.fredfan.com/images/2007/09/06/wakeup.jpg

j/king

Ron LOL
11-24-2007, 10:13 AM
An embarrassment, if true. Show some decency, folks. Eventually we're going to need these voters.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 10:15 AM
An embarrassment, if true. Show some decency, folks. Eventually we're going to need these voters.

Check out their forums and freerepublic, they have been smearing us and laughing at us since the beginning, why should you be nice to them, wake up

torchbearer
11-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Because there will come a time when we will need their votes to win the nomination. Acting like jerks ourselves sure hasn't endeared them to our candidate. The RP grassroots has done more to turn off potential supporters than it has done to persuade them to choose our guy as their second pick.

Why do our numbers keep growing if we are all jerks chasing people away? Check your supposition. If you want to live in guilt, that is fine... but no one in here has earned any guilt, so leave your blanket judgments at the door.

American
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
A perfect storm of BS is brewing, and the center is this forum. Doesnt surprise me one bit, they dont have anything on Dr. Paul so naturally they would look here for ammo, and this forum provides and endless supply.

Civil discourse is one thing but lose the ghey intrawebs slang and articulate what you mean when you post elsewhere, and always remember SOMEONE IS WATCHING,

Let freedom ring.

Reminds of the LB party and there forum.

troyd1
11-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I would imagine there were a few (fill in the candidate) supporters that did the same thing for the 11/5 money bomb. Maybe we should wine that we should have gotten 7 million. If they had any real grassroots support they would have overwhelmed the false donors(for want of a better word) as I am sure happened on the 5th, 11th and will happen on the 30th and 16th. There probably are some people that do childish things that are supporters of Ron, but that is how people grow up, by learning. We have many young, radical supporters. Some just need to learn to channel that radicalism correctly.

Ron LOL
11-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Check out their forums and freerepublic, they have been smearing us and laughing at us since the beginning, why should you be nice to them, wake up

We should be nice to everybody, regardless of what they say to us. If Ron Paul has real support, and I believe he does, then we're going to need these folks eventually. Let's not give them superficial reasons (e.g. his supporters are jerks) to disagree with RP.

Thurston Howell III
11-24-2007, 10:27 AM
who the hell cares what those morons think anyway

So, you are saying we may stop recruiting now? We won't need them, or any of the other candidates current supporters who disagree with us? Might as well just piss them off real good, eh?! Yep, who needs them, right? And, who cares what anybody else thinks of Ron Paul if we're right and they're wrong anyway?

What a totally disfunctional way of thinking!

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 10:31 AM
So, you are saying we may stop recruiting now? We won't need them, or any of the other candidates current supporters who disagree with us? Might as well just piss them off real good, eh?! Yep, who needs them, right? And, who cares what anybody else thinks of Ron Paul if we're right and they're wrong anyway?

What a totally disfunctional way of thinking!

If you think that these guys at Freerepublic who despise Ron Paul are going to be converted you got another thing coming, they are just throwing their pitty party guilt trip BS don't fall for it.

tfelice
11-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Why do our numbers keep growing if we are all jerks chasing people away? Check your supposition. If you want to live in guilt, that is fine... but no one in here has earned any guilt, so leave your blanket judgments at the door.

You say that as though we are leading in the early states. We aren't even close, and if by some miracle Paul wins in the early states we are eventually going to need the other campaigns to win the nomination.

Pissing off the competition doesn't benefit us in any way.

Chester Copperpot
11-24-2007, 10:38 AM

I true could it be.. I mean they had what 65 pledges or something?

How much did they raise?

Now if they had hundreds or thousands of pledges and raised a few paltry thousand I could understand them being mad.. but this sounds like sour grapes to me...

DRV45N05
11-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Regardless of whether or not this was a funny business on the part of Fred's supporters, I have to issue this plea yet again:

PLEASE STOP ATTACKING OTHER CANDIDATES AND THEIR SUPPORTERS PERSONALLY! This does NOTHING to help our cause! We need to stay POSITIVE! Just because neocons have been hateful and smeared Ron since the beginning of this does not mean that we have to return the favor.

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 10:44 AM
I true could it be.. I mean they had what 65 pledges or something?

How much did they raise?

Now if they had hundreds or thousands of pledges and raised a few paltry thousand I could understand them being mad.. but this sounds like sour grapes to me...

There are hundreds of thousands of active Ron Paul supporters. In that number, there are bound to be a handful of bad people. A handful of bad people compared to 65 looks like a lot.

FYI: It looks like sour grapes to me as well. I'm not eating your sour grapes!

LFOD
Since he didn't post any of the offending messages, there's no way to establish that what this person is saying even happened. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Maybe they were Ron Paul supporters, maybe they weren't. But as is typical these days, it is somehow acceptable to these guys to make accusations towards Ron Paul and his supporters without proof or evidence of any kind. That is reprehensible.

Elementslayer
"Laugh now guys. Enjoy your moment.

That’s where you’ll be in a few months, and that’s just what you deserve. "

OMFG they cant be serios! I think i WILL laugh now and laugh all the way to ron in the white house hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I mean...are they that mad about not raiseing money???? i dont care how many people sent email..IF THERE SUPPORT WAS SO GREAT THEY WOULD HAVE RAISED MONEY NOMATTER WHAT. what babies.

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 10:50 AM
Since he didn't post any of the offending messages, there's no way to establish that what this person is saying even happened. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. Maybe they were Ron Paul supporters, maybe they weren't. But as is typical these days, it is somehow acceptable to these guys to make accusations towards Ron Paul and his supporters without proof or evidence of any kind. That is reprehensible.

Offending messages with fake email addresses that all sound alike = 1 person, if it happened at all.

But for this offense, America must go down in flames, and HOPE be extinguished forever. FYI: I like how he says he's not talking to nice Ron Paul supporters, and then ends the message with how he's looking forward to Ron Paul losing.. (should have been followed with a cackle). I can't believe we're even discussing this (BS). Who posted this? I'm rating this low right now.

XelR8r
11-24-2007, 10:53 AM
WAAAAAAAAA!!

What a sore loser!

Sounds just like a 6 year old that lost a kickball game.

Excuses, excuses, Ad Hominem, excuses

smartbandwidth
11-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Last I checked, after being online for 3-4 days Fredsgivingday.com amassed a grand total of 37 "pledges" for a whopping $1700. That was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. They took the site "offline" after that and I didn't bother to check back. Sounds like this guy has a severe case of sour grapes. We The People of America Are Ron Paul and this fact drives the elites crazy. Happy Holidays everyone!

Eleutheros
11-24-2007, 11:01 AM
This part of the LRC blog caught my attention:

No one gets excited about a boring establishment hack who parrots safe GOP slogans.

And I thought it was just me who thinks that Fred Thompson comes off as one extremely boring dud. I mean, he's like the Randy Watson of presidential candidates.

I remember when the news came out that he gave some long-winded boring speech that when he finished, it was dead silent in the place. Then he asked for a round of applause. I had said to someone that asking for applause after a boring performance was the worst thing to do.

In the midst of that silence, he should've paused and thn suddenly just stamped his foot and shouted, "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!!" :p Not only would that have showed that he had a sense of humor, but that alone would've garned significant applause. I told someone that and we laughed for about 5 minutes straight.

Eleutheros
11-24-2007, 11:10 AM
You say that as though we are leading in the early states. We aren't even close....

We're closer than we think, considering that the majority of the "frontrunner" supporters won't even bother to vote in the primaries, and that an overwhelming majority of Ron Paul supporters will vote, it does kinda level the playing field significantly.

The polls conveniently ignore one small yet significant detail: The poll results assume that all respondants of the poll will actually vote come election time.

I won't say that the polls are rigged or ineffective or anything like that, though I will say that for right now, take the polls with a grain of salt.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 11:18 AM
We're closer than we think, considering that the majority of the "frontrunner" supporters won't even bother to vote in the primaries, and that an overwhelming majority of Ron Paul supporters will vote, it does kinda level the playing field significantly.

The polls conveniently ignore one small yet significant detail: The poll results assume that all respondants of the poll will actually vote come election time.

I won't say that the polls are rigged or ineffective or anything like that, though I will say that for right now, take the polls with a grain of salt.

Not to mention 80% of Ron Paul supporters are first time voters, they are only polling the republicans who have managed to stay with the republican party for so long, many of them switched parties in the 2004 election to vote against bush. So if we are getting 6% of the neo-con republican's we are doing awesome!

MozoVote
11-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Are there really Fred supporters? :rolleyes: Heck, RudysReadingList is already beating Fred08 on Alexa.

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 11:40 AM
this is why I said to take the high road and said playing dirty isn't the way to go... geez.

Goldwater Conservative
11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
We're ahead of him and growing in New Hampshire and he's only got a few points on us in Iowa. His supporters are just pissed that their guy is already dead in the water and peaked when he announced on Leno.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
We're ahead of him and growing in New Hampshire and he's only got a few points on us in Iowa. His supporters are just pissed that their guy is already dead in the water and peaked when he announced on Leno.

I hate George Stephenopoulos cause he's so snarky but his interview was hilarious with Thompson hahaha OWNED

AdoubleR
11-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Lemme see... A total of 87 pledges... That means a MAXIMUM of 87 Ron Paul supporters out of Millions... Subtract me who was one of them (Number 67, but I recanted immedietly after an afterthought)... So yeah, blame us for 87 pledges when there's millions of us...

Ron LOL
11-24-2007, 11:54 AM
IMO the final nail was driven in to the coffin of the Thompson campaign when he was asked recently (can't remember by whom) if he thought he was campaigning hard enough in the face of criticism that he isn't very active...and his answer was just "yes" and a sip of water.

tnvoter
11-24-2007, 11:57 AM

Fact. Just like some posters awhile ago with 1-2 posts tried starting arguments, and we didn't fall for it.

What do they do when they can't harm the Message or Dr. Paul, they go for the messengers.

rg123
11-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Allthough I never went to Freds site Fred is mentally incapable of being president.
That said along with him being a member of the CFR,and trilateral commission,
and his involvement with Scooter Libby, his association with Jihad Spencer Abraham and many other key Bush administration officials. His push for trying to remove our borders with Nafta. Fred is the enemy I will show no quater for him. This is a fight for our country neither him or any other neocon deserves any mercy. It is ridiclous to show candidates who's intention is to enslave us mercy. These candidates are talking about using nuclear weapons in Iran which will lead to Russia & China nukeing us and more than likely killing millions of people. Their may be a war in Iraq but the real war is here. Remember Bush said you are either with us or against us. Next week the neocon judges are going to try to remove our weapons if that happens we are all screwed.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
11-24-2007, 12:55 PM
wah wah wah

Apparently, there are plenty of Ron Paul supporters who think pointing out anything bad about any group is racist, anti-semitic, hateful, evil....etc, even IF you are pointing out an important issue that needs to be addressed.

Read Walt and Mearsheimer's book The Israel Lobby about how AIPAC, a foreign lobby, pushed us into Iraq and push for open borders and anything else generally harmful to the sovereignty and survival of the United States. Oh wait, sorry, guess I am a "hater" for stating a fact, because FACTS have inherent EMOTIONAL responses that go with them:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Who the hell cares??? its not like Fred Thompson supporters haven't done their best to ^$#@ us all over, remember when they lied and got that article in a major newspaper that claimed our movement was fake and only a couple netbots spamming email in someones basement, if you want to see how they treat us then go to freerepublic.com why should we be nice to those assholes.

Because to act like they do, hurts the campaign. We're better than they and we need to show it. Don't stoop down to their obviously low level.

Isn't it true that most times we post something on a message board like that refuting some of their lies about Paul, we are doing it more for others who might read it, than for the one who spewed the lies?

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Because to act like they do, hurts the campaign. Isn't it true that most times we post something on a message board like that refuting some of their lies about Paul, we are doing it more for others who might read it, than for the one who spewed the lies?

If I believed this guy was actually sincere I would feel bad for him and apologize on behalf for the people who harassed him. But look how manipulative this is.

That’s where you’ll be in a few months, and that’s just what you deserve.

tremendoustie
11-24-2007, 01:24 PM
wah wah wah

Not cool. This not the position of the campaign, and makes the rest of us look like asses, excuse my french. You think this kind of rhetoric attracts new supporters?

*edit: Sorry for my strong response, but these labels are not appropriate, and do nothing but turn of potential supporters. To many, many people use of the word "zionist" does imply racism. You don't see the campaign using it, for good reason. It's our job to convince people of the message of freedom, not "zionist" control of government, or whatever other particular pet positions you/others might have. Please, please, keep it to principles with which we all agree -- this is enough of a cold hard reality shock for most people anyway.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Not cool. This not the position of the campaign, and makes the rest of us look like asses, excuse my french. You think this kind of rhetoric attracts new supporters?

Like I've said 500x in this thread I never heard of his lame ass 'fred bomb' until today, and even if I did how the hell does pointing out the fact that the GOP is controlled by zionists make one an ass? "oh noes that be teh racists"

angelatc
11-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm not buying it. If people had ACTUALLY donated, like we do, then that message wouldn't be there. And since we are the target of all attacks, no matter what - I'm not buying a bit of it. Nobody is going to read it anyway, as you can tell by the response he got. Somehow, he figures that we were succesful, despite the fact that there is a bullseye firmly attached to this campaign and yet, it is somehow our fault that they weren't? Please.

I think that he was upset that his fundraiser didn't do as well as he had hoped. Fair enough, especially since Trevor made it look easy.

If what he is saying about the fake pledges is true, it was likely salt in a wound. I'd probably lash out too.

My gut tells me that what he is saying is true, but the site stats are gone. The only time I saw any pledge count it was 40 - 50 IIRC.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I think that he was upset that his fundraiser didn't do as well as he had hoped. Fair enough, especially since Trevor made it look easy.

If what he is saying about the fake pledges is true, it was likely salt in a wound. I'd probably lash out too.

My gut tells me that what he is saying is true, but the site stats are gone. The only time I saw any pledge count it was 40 - 50 IIRC.

Exactly he's just jealous and in his strange victim psychology went for the guilt trip, and 'racist email addresses?' someone get this guy a tissue.

wfd40
11-24-2007, 01:35 PM
you all need to realize that this is their new line of attack now.

they cannot attack ron paul's message, and frankly, they cant even understand why we are so excited about our guy....so now they will just act like we are agitators, racists ect ect.

i know this is 95% BS, and i am not taking the enemies word for anything here.

that being said, im glad people are angry & writing nasty emails. this is a sign to me that america just may have enough anger & balls to turn itself around!
..i was starting to think our countrymen were all phohawks & pointy shoes.

Quoted for truth... this is the new attack line against Paul.

You can't attack him on the issues.

You certainly can't attack him on his personal integrity.

But maybe, just maybe you can go after the people who support him.

But Fear NOT... as everything else they've tried to do to undermine the movement.. THIS WILL BACKFIRE. Just wait and see...

Be strong and be true to Dr. Paul... that is all

:)

Ron Paul Fan
11-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Yep, just a jealous Fred Thompson supporter. His money bomb bombed and now he's taking it out on a few supposed Ron Paul supporters because we did so much better than he did. Obama supporters thought they could do what we did on November 5th and they failed miserably, but at least they didn't blame their failings on someone else! All Fred Thompson supporters should be ashamed of themselves for this one guy who speaks for every Thompson supporter.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Yep, just a jealous Fred Thompson supporter. His money bomb bombed and now he's taking it out on a few supposed Ron Paul supporters because we did so much better than he did. Obama supporters thought they could do what we did on November 5th and they failed miserably, but at least they didn't blame their failings on someone else! All Fred Thompson supporters should be ashamed of themselves for this one guy who speaks for every Thompson supporter.

I'm sure they had it all hyped up on freerepublic and hannityforums and then when they failed they got embarassed and threw a fit "wah those mean old ron paul supporters and teh racists email addresses are why we failed wah wah"

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 01:38 PM
yep, people don't understand it's not something you organized, Ron Paul is something we sincerly believe and hope in, which is whyt he 5th was a such a success and why this quarter is gonna go down in history.

It's not how we fight, but what we're fighting for that is so strong.

Which begs the questions...what is Fred Fighting for, I've watched the debates and am still confused.

john_anderson_ii
11-24-2007, 01:40 PM
This is complete B.S. I'm nearly positive one or two supporters started messing with this guy, or his pledge email list or whatever. In true, knee-jerk neoconservative reactionary fashion he decided to put each and every Ron Paul supporter into the little preconceived box he's made for them. No big deal, it's nothing new.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 01:43 PM
People wonder why Ron Paul supporters are loud and opinionated its because we are passionate and pissed off at our corrupt politicians selling us down the river. this is a normal and healthy reaction. If more people in the country got mad and actually worked for change then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Apathy has put America to the brink of death, time to get pissed America

JimDude
11-24-2007, 01:44 PM
lol, thats funny.

That guy is so full of it. Forget him and lets march on!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-24-2007, 01:45 PM
How much money did he raise?

The Good Doctor
11-24-2007, 01:46 PM
It's pure propaganda. I mean really? Where is the proof? Everyone that isn't a Ron Paul supporter is smearing us. So, what now? This won't even make the media. No proof.

They are getting scared.

Funny thing is Thompson has no support nor does he have the money.

tremendoustie
11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Like I've said 500x in this thread I never heard of his lame ass 'fred bomb' until today, and even if I did how the hell does pointing out the fact that the GOP is controlled by zionists make one an ass? "oh noes that be teh racists"

Read my edit, I'm sorry for the strong response, but I'm telling you most people read a word like "zionist" as a flag for racism, and it will immediately reflect badly on the campaign and other supporters. There is no benefit to using this kind of rhetoric, it only turns people off. Discussing how we need to not get involved in the internal affairs of other nations, stop policing the world, and allow other countries to take care of themselves makes the same point without turning off loads of people. If I read a smear article about how Paul supporters are supposedly racist, then saw a supporter talking about "zionist control of the government" that very well might seal the deal in my mind. We need to consider the impact of our arguments on those who do not support the campaign, and they will be convinced by reason, clear thinking, and respect, not labels or incendiary comments.

speciallyblend
11-24-2007, 01:50 PM

let me know ok,if you can,i have been saying this for months,people are posing as ron paul supporters,DEMAND PROOF,so far no one has shown one ounce of PROOF,lets see it,lets pursue the ip address,lets see the proof.

The Good Doctor
11-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, I don't think Ron Paul talked much about the 11/5 thing until after the fact. I don't think he is setting expectations. He is just giving it some lip service. He knows we will deliver.

Our own expectations are higher than his. We all must be overachievers in what we do! We have delivered every quarter and raised more money every quarter. This 11/16 money bomb will blow the lid off!

KingTheoden
11-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Definitely, NO ONE in our camp should be doing phony pledges. It is just something we should not engage in; its takes away from our moral high ground.

With that said, I have every reason to believe that this Fred head is exaggerating or just making things up.

Kap
11-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Fredhead three things:

One, whatever individuals were posting those e-mails do not represent the entire grassroots Ron Paul effort. Deal with them, not us.

Two, actually post the e-mails. Otherwise no one will take you seriously.

Three, as far as I know you could be a closet Hillary fan attempting to smear BOTH sides for your own enjoyment.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 02:14 PM

*edit: Sorry for my strong response, but these labels are not appropriate, and do nothing but turn of potential supporters. To many, many people use of the word "zionist" does imply racism. You don't see the campaign using it, for good reason. It's our job to convince people of the message of freedom, not "zionist" control of government, or whatever other particular pet positions you/others might have. Please, please, keep it to principles with which we all agree -- this is enough of a cold hard reality shock for most people anyway.

No problem, I disagree though to a point, zionists are untouchable because of the racist connotations associated. You can't criticize them without being labeled an anti-semite, we need to make people aware that zionists are a small minority of the Jewish population and do not come close to representing a majority. If this issue never gets attention because of fear of repercussions then I fear the problem will never be addressed. The majority of people will be unaware of the zionist domination, its a crappy situation but eventually people will need to start speaking up, I think you might be right though in not tying anti-zionism to Ron Paul's campain.

political correctness ftl!

Eric21ND
11-24-2007, 02:19 PM

EXACTLY! Thread over.

BeFranklin
11-24-2007, 02:23 PM
How much money did he raise?

Think he ought to put that on his site instead, and focus on the positive.

82ndVET4RP
11-24-2007, 02:24 PM
lol They have to blame someone that their bomb was dud.

Kuldebar
I'm not ashamed, I don't control the actions of others and I'm not a collectivist, so what is there to be ashamed of?

If such actions occurred in the manner that the web site describes, well it's crappy behavior that I would not personally condone; but I am very suspicious of the story source and how the blame is conveniently laid upon Ron Paul supporters. Such whines are easy things to whip up out of smallish things. Do you not think the Ron Paul campaign gets its share of fraudulent donors and jokesters ?

Could the truth be that such a donation drive for FT attracted minimal interest and his supporters were not capable of overcoming such minor irritants?

Additionally, Ron Paul supporters did not as a mass of lemmings go forth blindly endorsing and cheer leading the bloody policies of the federal government and its leaders.

It will be a cold day in hell when such a broadly painted smear could give us the slightest reason for pause due some kind of collective guilt. Such things do not compare to the smell of death that other individuals must bear in a cloud about them.

BillyDkid

:rolleyes:Yes, people need to understand this. What better way to discredit Ron Paul supporters than to pretend to be one and act like an ass?

noztnac
11-24-2007, 02:27 PM
That's like the "How long have you been beating your wife?" question.

Don't believe everything another campaign says about your candidates supporters.

It may very well have been one of Giuliani's dirty tricks to make us look bad. After all, if we really wanted to screw up his campaign we could have had computers spamming Giuliani/Romney messages at him.

sharedvoice
11-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Fred Thompson's campaign is going nowhere. I expect him to throw in the towel anyday now.

I believe a majority of his supporters are little embarrassed and envious at our success. However, they will get over it eventually and hopefully join our ranks.

The comment on www.fredsgivingday.com was clearly out of despair and signals the death of Fred's failed unhealthy campaign.

stevedasbach
11-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Sadly, given what I've seen on this forum, and what I saw online long before Paul was seen as a threat, I suspect that such messages were received and that most came from people who consider themselves Paul supporters.

What's worse, even if every single Paul supporter swore off such juvenile BS from this day forward, those who now see Paul as a threat can post similar comments all over the Internet and all of us who support Dr. Paul will be stuck taking the blame.

However, we still have one chance to turn this around. We probably have a few more weeks until the other campaigns truly see Dr. Paul as a threat instead of just an annoyance. If we somehow could get all of Dr. Paul's supporters to clean up their act and post with passion and civility, people would stop associating Dr. Paul with such behavior. Then, if it starts up again after Paul does well in Iowa and wins New Hampshire, it will be more obvious that these comments are the work of people trying to undemine Paul's support.

We are all Dr. Paul's ambassadors and we all need to act accordingly.

tremendoustie
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Sadly, given what I've seen on this forum, and what I saw online long before Paul was seen as a threat, I suspect that such messages were received and that most came from people who consider themselves Paul supporters.

What's worse, even if every single Paul supporter swore off such juvenile BS from this day forward, those who now see Paul as a threat can post similar comments all over the Internet and all of us who support Dr. Paul will be stuck taking the blame.

However, we still have one chance to turn this around. We probably have a few more weeks until the other campaigns truly see Dr. Paul as a threat instead of just an annoyance. If we somehow could get all of Dr. Paul's supporters to clean up their act and post with passion and civility, people would stop associating Dr. Paul with such behavior. Then, if it starts up again after Paul does well in Iowa and wins New Hampshire, it will be more obvious that these comments are the work of people trying to undemine Paul's support.

We are all Dr. Paul's ambassadors and we all nned to act accordingly.

+1

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 03:15 PM
also getting commuity service in local media will change the perception as well, "Ron Paul supporters are philanthropist" so again take you meet-up groups to local soup kitchens andand do canned food drivesand wear your RP thirts, I know many of you are already doing it, but also emailyour local stations about it.

angelatc
11-24-2007, 03:19 PM
also getting commuity service in local media will change the perception as well, "Ron Paul supporters are philanthropist" so again take you meet-up groups to local soup kitchens andand do canned food drivesand wear your RP thirts, I know many of you are already doing it, but also emailyour local stations about it.

Be careful about that. the 501(c)3 status of an organization could be jeopardized if they were seen as endorsing a particular candidate.

jenninlouisiana
11-24-2007, 03:26 PM
When we raise more than 10 million dollars on the 16th, they'll shut up.

We shouldn't respond to it because it puts us on the defensive. I don't want to apologize for other Ron Paul supporters, if in fact it was a RP supporter. It mires us down in muck if we dig in with the Fredheads.

I know *I* have integrity and I support Ron Paul.

That's good enough for me.

Jennifer

reduen
11-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.. :(

Why should we believe other candidates supporters when we can't even believe the candidates they support?

Do any of you really realize what these people will do to our country if we fail?

Forget them and keep your eyes on the goal.

The Good Doctor
11-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Look man, there is no way this will happen unless the ISP pulls the plug. I work at an ISP and we resell equipment. I am sure they have a firewall on this thing.

Lets make sure we all have RPs phone number in case the website crashes - either from the overwhelming response or from malicious hijacking of the site!

The Good Doctor
11-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah that is what I mean. "We failed because of the Ron Paulers." LOL.

Give me a break. We have no one's word but this guy's that Ron Paul supporters (or those claiming to be) did anything like what he says.

It's such a transparent and desperate tactic that's become a meme, because they can't argue the issues. "Ron Paul supporters are so mean! They attacked Rudy on the ferry! They're so impolite!" Whatever. Remember that recent article about how mean Ron Paul supporters are...where CHARLES JOHNSON of LITTLE GREEN FOOTBALLS was cited as a a reference point for online manners?

Yes, be nice -- but don't buy into their crap, and don't navel-gaze too much over it.

Kombaiyashii
11-24-2007, 03:43 PM
This is their only way to spin the failure of their moneybomb, if it was any real amount then it would dwarf the people that posted fake pledges. I mocked and laughed at their moneybomb and expected it to fail but I know my boundaries, he mocks and acts all maniacal towards us, I was almost expecting an evil laugh coming out reading that flame so I don't think ridicule is such a terrible thing.

I think the webhost it out of line for aiming the blame at Ron Paul rather than realising that he was the one responsible for ripping off a genius idea and turning it into a failure. Way to pass the buck.

I am a good Ron Paul supporter, we had some fun laughing at the failed moneybombs but to get all hissy about us mocking them is a bit of a copout. Instead, why don't they mobilise their grassroots to make a bigger money bomb than Rons? Oh, I almost forgot...

torchbearer
11-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.. :(

Why should we believe other candidates supporters when we can't even believe the candidates they support?

Do any of you really realize what these people will do to our country if we fail?

Forget them and keep your eyes on the goal.

qft!

KewlRonduderules
11-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Yeah this sounds quite dubious. Someone has serious envy issues for Dr. Paul's fundraising efforts and they are out to blame us for that.

Dr. Paul is getting stronger and the attacks more persistent.

Be prepared everybody it is going to get worse. They have already infiltrated this forum and have periodically attempted to derail the grassroots campaign. Now they are stepping it up a notch.

More attacks are likely to occur.

We need to plan out how we are going to cope with such matters especially how it pertains to this forum.

Midnight77
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I think this was a lie from Lane. I can't honestly imagine Ron Paul people would be using racist language towards him/her. That is nothing more than an attempt to draw people towards Dr. Paul's ghostwriter article. Pay no attention to it and move on. Their money bomb was a flop and they are looking to bring Paul down out of jealousy.

Kuldebar
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
We are all Dr. Paul's ambassadors and we all need to act accordingly.

No, we aren't really. Yes, in a civil society way, we should ALL act accordingly, but none of us are representative of Ron Paul in any real objective sense of things. At least those of us who are not employed or officially connected with the Campaign.

Sooner or later, Americans must remember that they are individuals before anything else.

torchbearer
11-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Sooner or later, Americans must remember that they are individuals before anything else.

The media finds it easier to dehumanize people by lumping them into groups with bad stereotype qualities attached to them...real or not, matters not.
We must be proud of individuality and remind our friends not to be afraid and to not buy into the media lies anymore.
You have nothing to apologize for...or to feel guilty about...

It's time to go all in until the end.

Thrice
11-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Proof? Or is this just a conclusion jumped to on the basis that a lot of Paul's supporters are internet-savvy?

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Here are some threads were forum members discussed doin things I dissaprove of and would lead to backlashes like this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39233&highlight=fight+dirty

Take the igh road people, the high road

werdd
11-24-2007, 05:21 PM
if your money bomb fails, blame the ron paul supporters?

The Good Doctor
11-24-2007, 07:52 PM
No one, and I mean no one in this country will stand for it if they take the guns away.

Allthough I never went to Freds site Fred is mentally incapable of being president.
That said along with him being a member of the CFR,and trilateral commission,
and his involvement with Scooter Libby, his association with Jihad Spencer Abraham and many other key Bush administration officials. His push for trying to remove our borders with Nafta. Fred is the enemy I will show no quater for him. This is a fight for our country neither him or any other neocon deserves any mercy. It is ridiclous to show candidates who's intention is to enslave us mercy. These candidates are talking about using nuclear weapons in Iran which will lead to Russia & China nukeing us and more than likely killing millions of people. Their may be a war in Iraq but the real war is here. Remember Bush said you are either with us or against us. Next week the neocon judges are going to try to remove our weapons if that happens we are all screwed.

Knightskye
11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
They call us "Ronbots" on their forum, so I wouldn't put them above faking something like that. But yeah, how does he know it was Ron Paul supporters if there were just pledges and e-mail addresses?

saahmed
11-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I am ashamed of many of my fellow supporters. Some of you guys go too far in just being rude and indecent.

robofx
11-24-2007, 08:18 PM

Can you say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT?

This is slander, and it potentially affects every single Ron Paul supporter. Class action lawsuit for slander & defamation of character.

jenninlouisiana
11-24-2007, 08:20 PM
I think this was a lie from Lane. I can't honestly imagine Ron Paul people would be using racist language towards him/her. That is nothing more than an attempt to draw people towards Dr. Paul's ghostwriter article. Pay no attention to it and move on. Their money bomb was a flop and they are looking to bring Paul down out of jealousy.

I read somewhere that no one has actually seen the article that is so offensive and it has been questioned if it actually exists.

Anyone know were I got that? I can't remember...

stevedasbach
11-24-2007, 08:25 PM
They call us "Ronbots" on their forum, so I wouldn't put them above faking something like that. But yeah, how does he know it was Ron Paul supporters if there were just pledges and e-mail addresses?

Perhaps he read this posting:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38709

stevedasbach
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM

Posts with racist language were probably NOT from Paul supporters -- they probably came from people trying to push the Ron Paul = racist BS.

OTOH, some of the ones mocking Huckabee were, sad to say, probably posted by some misguided RP supporters.

AlexMerced
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah, probably, but on the bright side, our base is so big that misbehaviors get lost in crowd cause there is so many of us. For the record it's stil fun to make fun of huckabee in private.

snowgoosebob
11-24-2007, 08:33 PM
>>>special shout out to all the Paul supporters who littered this site with phony pledges and racist e-mail addresses<<<

Gee..........He took the time to type this, but didn't take the time to show a few examples(SP?).

BTW...If RP and RP surporters are so-called kooks why was he being a copycat and copy a RP surporter (Nov 5th) idea in the first place?

Duckman
11-24-2007, 08:37 PM
I agree, it would be kind of fishy for a Ron Paul supporter to use a "racist email address." Why would you do that?

But I think the point is being lost on some people that the way we behave does reflect on Ron Paul and we have to make people, especially Republican voters, believe we are civil people and not crazies. I think sometimes passion is mistaken for crazy but nonetheless we need to be tactful.

Tina
11-24-2007, 08:42 PM

Didn't we just see a similar thing on the Rudy site. I call BS. A way to smear as they cannot really fight the real fight.

Syren123
11-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't believe for one minute the hate mails were from Ron Paul supporters AT ALL. I would bet money they were supporters of other candidates - some of whom are KNOWN to pull dirty tricks - posing as us. 100% sure of that.