PDA

View Full Version : Llepard letter to AmySchatz: WSJ

llepard
11-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Here is the email I just sent to Ms. Schatz

Dear Ms. Schatz:

Well you pretty much managed to hit all of the negatives and associate Dr. Paul with some pretty unattractive people.

Was it really necessary to include Don Black and Stormfront in an article on his supporters?

Also, the mention of the Ku Klux Klan was a nice touch. I am kind of surprised that you did not find a way to get Hitler’s name in there.

For the record, I am the guy who paid for the USA Today advertisement. I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I attended public high school. My father (deceased) was a Korean Vet. I have a BA degree from Colgate University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. I have a wife and three young children.

I believe your treatment of Dr. Paul’s supporters in your article was grossly unfair. Obviously you do not understand the message.

That is OK, you will. The message is so powerful that people like you cannot stop it. The internet changes the rules of the game. Think Gutenberg press and reformation. The advertisement in USA Today will become the “Common Sense” of our time.

You can fight it, or join us over on the winning side.

Your choice.

Very sincerely,

Lawrence W. Lepard

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
:) Nice job, Lawrence.

constituent
11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
i think they call that "precision-guided" letter writing don't they?

rock on llepard!

spivey378
11-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Thank you my friend. I wanted to send you a PM to say thanks, but I will do it here. You are right on with the Common Sense analogy.

Thanks again.

qwerty
11-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Nice one!

:p

GHoeberX
11-24-2007, 08:24 AM

Dear Ms. Schatz:

Well you pretty much managed to hit all of the negatives and associate Dr. Paul with some pretty unattractive people.

Was it really necessary to include Don Black and Stormfront in an article on his supporters?

Also, the mention of the Ku Klux Klan was a nice touch. I am kind of surprised that you did not find a way to get Hitler’s name in there.

For the record, I am the guy who paid for the USA Today advertisement. I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I attended public high school. My father (deceased) was a Korean Vet. I have a BA degree from Colgate University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. I have a wife and three young children.

I believe your treatment of Dr. Paul’s supporters in your article was grossly unfair. Obviously you do not understand the message.

That is OK, you will. The message is so powerful that people like you cannot stop it. The internet changes the rules of the game. Think Guttenberg press and reformation. The advertisement in USA Today will become the “Common Sense” of our time.

Your choice.

Very sincerely,

Lawrence W. Lepard

I approve this message

disciple
11-24-2007, 08:25 AM
We, Ron Paul's supporters, we love each other, and we will stand by each other.

Take that Ms. Amy

10thAmendmentMan
11-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Guttenberg 2.0! I like it.

LBT
11-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Well said Llepard, and so true that Ron Paul is to polical change via the Internet, what Martin Luther was to the Reformation after the invention of the printing press.

The incredible significance of this in world history is something that few have realized.

allyinoh
11-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Good Job, Lawrence! You just keep going don't you!? ;)

llepard
11-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Good Job, Lawrence! You just keep going don't you!? ;)

Hand to hand combat in the battle for hearts and minds.

Rule 1: rattle their confidence. make them realize they are losing.

robertwerden
11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Rupert Murdoch ( newscorp, fox news) owns WSJ, it is no longer a busness news service. Wall Street Journal is now just another cog in the Murdoch engine on the Tyranny train.

AceNZ
11-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Attempted damage by association is a tool for the weak-minded -- and a mark of desperation.

Have you seen the campaign's response to Mona Charen's column in the National Review? It says, in part:

Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity, and the protection of inalienable individual rights. He knows that liberty is the antidote for racism, anti-Semitism, and other small minded ideologies. Dr. Paul has focused all of his energy on winning the presidency so he can cut the size of government and protect the freedom of every American. Neither he nor his staff is going to waste time screening donors. If a handful of individuals with views anathema to Dr. Paul’s send in checks, then they have wasted their money. I cannot profess to understand the motivations of Don Black as neither Dr. Paul nor I know who he is, but a simple Google search shows that his $500 contribution has netted him at least 88 news hits, including Charen’s column. Perhaps a better explanation for his “contribution” is not support for Ron, but the attention he knew he would receive.

From: http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZTJmOWM2ZGQzNzAzOTQwYWJlMDg4YjJiMjE4MWRlZTY

d991
11-24-2007, 09:31 AM

Dear Ms. Schatz:

That is OK, you will. The message is so powerful that people like you cannot stop it. The internet changes the rules of the game. Think Guttenberg press and reformation. The advertisement in USA Today will become the “Common Sense” of our time.

Your choice.

Very sincerely,

Lawrence W. Lepard

Thanks for everything you have been doing for this campaign! The USA Today ad was fantastic and could not have happened without your help. It is important that someone like you with an impressive educational background confronts these media twits who claim Ron Paul supporters are kooks and lunatics. It is a sad day when people who are passionate about liberty are dismissed as fringe elements.

Chester Copperpot
11-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Dear Ms. Schatz:

Your choice.

Very sincerely,

Lawrence W. Lepard

Youre being real nice... Heres my version

"Amy, we're gonna run right over you,. you best get out of the way."

Ill tell you lepard, I like that analogy with the Guttenberg press.. very true

Sandra
11-24-2007, 10:27 AM
I am just absolutely amazed at a WSJ article completely devoted to the dubious deeds of a couple of supporters. She has set out from the start to write a negative ad, and she had to attack supporters since it was hard to get anything on the candidate.

troyd1
11-24-2007, 10:28 AM
Brought tears to my eyes.

American
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
If the WSJ caters to the investment class of people then they know who Dr. Paul is on his many confrontations with the FED, either Greenspan or Beranake. This article might actually backfire on them, I know if I was an investor and heard this about the man who is trying to level the playing field with investors.

The federal Reserve changes the rules on investing, and people lose money when they print more money. I bet allot of people have lost money because of the FED.

I am curious to read the apposing article's on this and you know they will be many.

michaelwise
11-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Thank God our numbers have grown so large as to not miss any of the garbage being spewed out there, and tactful action is being taken to address the culprits.
Unethical journalists are put on notice that every smear they spew will be addressed.

speciallyblend
11-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Llepard,you just won major discounts and colorado ski resorts and some hotel discounts,so please im me,if you are ever interested in a winter colorado ski trip,or a summer rafting trip.,just drop a note, peace kenny griffin, A RON PAUL REPUBLICAN please visit ronpaulsumit.com to claim your prize;)

terlinguatx
11-24-2007, 10:41 AM

Nefertiti
11-24-2007, 10:51 AM
Gutenberg, not Guttenberg.

ShowMeLiberty
11-24-2007, 10:54 AM

Dear Ms. Schatz:

Your choice.

Very sincerely,

Lawrence W. Lepard

Excellent letter.

I'm getting an idea for another newspaper/magazine ad to counteract all the articles that smear supporters and Ron Paul this way. It would be a list of regular people stating who they are and that they support Ron Paul. Sort of like this...

I am the guy who paid for the USA Today advertisement. I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I attended public high school. My father (deceased) was a Korean Vet. I have a BA degree from Colgate University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. I have a wife and three young children. ~Lawrence W. Lepard

I am a web developer living in Kansas City, Missouri. I grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I attended public schools. I am married and have four children. I am a woman who believes in equality and opportunity for everyone and I support Ron Paul. ~Wendy Moore

Hmm.....

speciallyblend
11-24-2007, 11:03 AM
URGENT Press Release for ALL MEDIA SOURCES

Ron Paul supporters dirty their boots/shoes by canvassing across the country,strange boot/shoe prints have been noticed across all the cities and towns. Town officials/Neo-Con republicans complain and want to ticket these vandals for leaving RON PAUL foot prints across the country.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DIRT ON RON PAUL SUPPORTERS

This is vulgar and proof that its Ron Paul supporters,since the other candidates cant pay people to walk for their candidates.
A RON PAUL REPUBLICAN

Source, pics at www.desperatemedia.com j/k for real supporters,true for pathetic reporters

Revolution9
11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Hand to hand combat in the battle for hearts and minds.

Rule 1: rattle their confidence. make them realize they are losing.

Pay attention folks.. This is political kung fu.

Best
Randy

unconsious767
11-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Nice letter!

It's amazing, I had an idea recently for a Ron Paul video. Included in the line up were Johannes Gutenberg, Martin Luther, and of course Ron. Get outta my brainwave!

<cue twilight zone music> :eek:

robert4rp08
11-24-2007, 11:25 AM
brilliant email!

*thunk*

that was the sound of her jaw hitting her keyboard after reading her email

MarcMadness
11-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Can we just go ahead and nominate Larry Lepard for VP?

A real inspiration, Mr. Lepard!

Daveforliberty
11-24-2007, 11:28 AM
Thank you Lawrence Lepard, hero of the revolution!

davidkachel
11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I just sent this one:

Dear Ms. Schatz,

Having just read your hit piece on Dr. Paul I must say I am amazed. As a journalist I would think you might be concerned about the same things that make some Ron Paul supporters angry to the point of overzealousness (and yes, this does happen though we try to keep it under control). To wit, the utter loss of liberty and the disrespect for the Constitution that has now risen to the point where both Republicans and Democrats openly use the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as toilet paper.

To flippantly associate Ron Paul with heinous groups when even the briefest investigation into his record would show such association to be ludicrous reveals a total disregard for the most important issues of our time. Have you no knowledge of history? Love of your country? Desire for liberty? Have you the slightest sense of what is happening to this country? Are you unaware of the fact you have already lost most of your liberties and are on the verge of losing the rest? Does the loss of habeas corpus mean nothing to you? Does the fact that we have secret prisons where we torture suspects seem "American" to you? Are you not already receiving edicts from "management" regarding what you may and may not write about?

When liberty is lost and a country taken over by tyrants, few people are aware of it. This is because each person feels "free" until the knock comes to their door. The people of Germany didn't think they were living under the heel of a tyrant. They saw Hitler as a hero who saved Germany. Even after the war many still thought this way. Tyranny is insidious.

I cannot know your motives for writing this article but I can know the amount of effort you put into it. How much can one have sincerely attempted to learn about a candidate when they have not bothered to read even so much as the one or two paragraphs of introductory biography necessary to discover that Dr. Paul is an obstetrician, not a "gynecologist". If you had troubled yourself to learn more you would certainly have discovered not only that your implied associations with the most vile members of our society are unworthy of a true journalist but also, that in attempting to marginalize Dr. Paul you are complicit in the conspiracy against your own liberty. Now if you wish to surrender your liberty, that is your business. However, when you surrender your liberty you also surrender mine and THAT is my business! And that is also why many Ron Paul supporters are understandably extremely angry and ready to attack journalists eager to surrender everyone's liberty or to cooperate in an effort to belittle Dr. Paul's message of freedom and marginalize him as a presidential candidate.

You will find one common thread among Ron Paul supporters. We are all fully aware that this presidential campaign is the last battle for our liberty (and we ARE angry about it). How is it that you, a journalist, someone who should absolutely know more than the rest of us, are not aware of this? How is it that in a time when you should be shouting the alarm from the rooftops you are instead slinging mud at Ron Paul? History tells us that a free press, what little is left of it, ought to be our staunch ally in this battle. Yet instead we see that for the most part, journalists are so eager to throw away their own freedom they are willing to smear the first genuine, honest and sincere presidential candidate in over half a century. Even John McCain calls Ron Paul "the most honest man in Washington". But you, you attempt to associate Dr. Paul with the KKK.

terlinguatx
11-24-2007, 11:35 AM

bgky4paul
11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I am a child advocate working for a non-profit organization. I was born and raised in KY, and currently live in Bowling Green. I went to public schools. I am married and have two children. I am a life-long Republican. I am supporting Dr. Ron Paul for president because I want my children and grandchildren to enjoy liberty. ~Leslie Birdwhistell

slantedview
11-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Great letter :)

fedup100
11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Ms. Katz is using the very old tried and true zionist smear job. Yes, she had to put stormfront in their, that's how they have managed to take control of everything and everybody in this country.

Good job for standing up to her and to all of them.....they are just beginning to hit us, just you wait and see. Don't be shamed by these devils, they are the enemy of freedom.

yongrel
11-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Ms. Katz is using the very old tried and true zionist smear job. Yes, she had to put stormfront in their, that's how they have managed to take control of everything and everybody in this country.

Good job for standing up to her and to all of them.....they are just beginning to hit us, just you wait and see. Don't be shamed by these devils, they are the enemy of freedom.

And this is why we are easy to smear and ridicule. "zionist smear?" Seriously? Please realize that the outside world reads this forum.

fedup100
11-24-2007, 12:09 PM
yongrel, what is the definition of a zionist?

yongrel
11-24-2007, 12:12 PM
fedup100,

It doesn't matter what the definition is. It really doesn't. It only matters what impression it gives.

Can you honestly tell me that using the word "zionist" as you did does not evoke images of anti-semitism and other fun -isms? Remember, it's not just RP supporters reading this forum. The outside world sees us too.

disciple
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
The author of that smear piece may very well be a zionist who thinks that the interests of Israel must come first. It is quite plausible.

FSP-Rebel
11-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Next, Amy should do an article on the Black Panthers and who they give money to: Obama, Hillary?

yongrel
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
The author of that smear piece may very well be a zionist who thinks that the interests of Israel must come first. It is quite plausible.

Yes, it's plausible. It's also plausible that she is a quadruple amputee who is bitter about her poorly-fitted prosthetics.

However, I hesitate to call her piece a "stumpy smear" because I do not know it to be true. All that my attack accomplishes is to label me phobic of amputees, much in the same way that labeling something a "zionist smear" associates the poster with less than desirable -isms.

I agree that the article was a smear of sorts. However, I also recognize that she did not make it up out of thin air, though she may have misrepresented and overrepresented the negatives she addressed.

We need to remember that other people read this forum.

fedup100
11-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Your right disciple, the mention of stormfront was a tip off. Since the world is reading this forum, hopefully the world will become educated as to how we lost our country and freedom, and to to whom we have lost it to.

This person Ms. Katz is attacking, smearing, lying and having a temper tantrum while admonishing all of us that we aren't allowed to do the same. There is no proof one Paul supporter did the dasturdly deed. I can only assume she put the Ron Paul symbol on her own door and blamed the deed on the innocent. Typical!

By the way, the so called definition of zionist is " any group or person of any religion that supports the state of Israel" wow, that is ant-semitic? whoever thinks so is ant-Paulitic

webber53
11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Here Here!! Kudos to you Mr. Lepard.
The MSM will never get it. They are indebted
to their slavemasters.

To all the Ron Paul volunteers and grassroots
organizers remember the famous quote by Sir Winston Churchill,

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

guntherg16
11-24-2007, 12:30 PM
It looks like they aren't waiting until after Ron Paul wins New Hampshire, just as they did with Pat Buchanan.

Targeted for Destruction (http://www.jbs.org/node/1188)

As others have pointed out previously, this time we have the internet.

Like Ludwig von Mises wrote, "Marx and Engles never tried to refute their opponents with argument. They insulted, ridiculed, derided, slandered, and traduced them, and in the use of these methods their followers are not less expert. Their polemic is directed never against the argument of the opponent but always against his person."

It seems like the cliche is proven true, the more things change the more they stay the same.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I've never seen the media focus more on independent supporters than the candidate before. I guess they can't find any dirt on Dr. Paul himself.

I sent an e-mail too. If anyone else feels angered enough to do the same:

Amy.Schatz@wsj.com

At least it quoted Erick Erickson, who is Fred Thompson's version of Don Black.

max
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Amy SCHATZ...

sounds like an Israeli dual loyalist. Whattsa matter Amy?...Are you upset with big bad RP because he wants to take Israel's bag of free goodies away?

Dont take it personal...he wants to end all foreign aid.

By the way Amy, do you plan on writing a piece of Hillary's openly Marxist supporters?

max
11-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Dear Amy,

With reagrds to that disgusting piece of yellow journalism you wrote about Ron Paul, I wonder...will there be a forthcoming expose of Hillary openly Marxist supporters?

You vicious little propaganist you. You can't find dirt on Ron Paul so you go after a 1% fringe element of his support. PATHETIC!

If you had any interest in objective reporting, I could introduce you to black and jewish supporters of Ron Paul. And these would not represent just a token smattering...but a rather decent size sub group.

But you wouldn't care. Your job is to defend the Establishment to defend Israel's free handouts to the last breath. Keep spreading your filth. each day, thanks to the Internet, the discerning of your audience are beginning to see the "mainstream media" for the yellow journalism that it truly represents.

Max
New Jersey

disciple
11-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Your right disciple, the mention of stormfront was a tip off. Since the world is reading this forum, hopefully the world will become educated as to how we lost our country and freedom, and to to whom we have lost it to.

This person Ms. Katz is attacking, smearing, lying and having a temper tantrum while admonishing all of us that we aren't allowed to do the same. There is no proof one Paul supporter did the dasturdly deed. I can only assume she put the Ron Paul symbol on her own door and blamed the deed on the innocent. Typical!

By the way, the so called definition of zionist is " any group or person of any religion that supports the state of Israel" wow, that is ant-semitic? whoever thinks so is ant-Paulitic

Believe me, I know a few things that not too many people know. A final battle is clearly in the making between the "sons and light and the sons of darkness", to use the Essenes' apocalyptic terminology. It also seems that Ron Paul is one of the players so as to wake the people up to truth and justice as an act of mercy from God.

Now why do you think God has kept Jesus and the two witnesses till the times of the end?

The good news is that final victory does not belong to the liars, but to the sons of light, and it is they who will inherit the kingdom.

apc3161
11-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Nice One LLepard. This is what I wrote last night:

I have long been a reader of the WSJ, and I am planning on voting for Ron Paul. When I saw his name in the title I couldn’t help but be excited. However, this article was poorly written in my opinion. While indeed this was an article backed by facts and quotes, it seems you chose to selectively cherry-pick what items, quotes, and facts you believed would best shed a negative light on Dr. Paul.

I would have hoped to read a less biased and more professional article which at least would have shown two sides of the candidate and his campaign; however I realized I would be let down after reading 2 paragraphs into the article.

Yes, there are a lot of supporters who I would classify as possibly atypical and overzealous, but that is only a select few and they represent a small minority. You would not get this impression from reading your article. From this article, you would believe that a large percentage of his supporters are neo-nazi, ku klux klan, cross burning, taco loving, resentful, hostile psychopaths. Was this what you intended? There is no way for me to know this, but again I will state that I was disappointed with this article.

For sure you will receive a lot of email concerning this article, some positive feedback, but mostly negative. And of course some of these messages will be well written while others will be from some of the more overzealous supporters you so explicitly described. In any case, I dare not say you deserve to have your mailbox be cluttered.

The WSJ in my view typically presented the facts, regardless of the subject content. This professionalism however was not seen in this article. You should be ashamed.

I hope in the future you can rise above this pettiness.

Andrew Camacho
Pratt School of Engineering
Duke University

tremendoustie
11-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Yes, but this is not an appropriate word to use, and will simply give them more fodder for negative stereotypes. We need to focus on ideas -- like non-interventionism -- not labels. Especially when such labels will be seen by many as based on hatred. It is clear from his words and actions that Dr. Paul does not hate any group. We should be careful to convey the same attitude when representing the campaign. rEVOLution, remember?

yongrel
11-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Believe me, I know a few things that not too many people know. A final battle is clearly in the making between the "sons and light and the sons of darkness", to use the Essenes' apocalyptic terminology. It also seems that Ron Paul is one of the players so as to wake the people up to truth and justice as an act of mercy from God.

Now why do you think God has kept Jesus and the two witnesses till the times of the end?

The good news is that final victory does not belong to the liars, but to the sons of light, and it is they who will inherit the kingdom.

Yeah... take this discussion elsewhere. Hot Topics seems a suitable place.

Teenforpaul08
11-24-2007, 01:06 PM
I really appreciate what you are doing Mr. Lepard. Individuals like you are what powers us.

Mark
11-24-2007, 01:10 PM

The Battle is won. The Warning has begun. Prepare for The Judgment. Prophecy. At TheJudgment.org (http://thejudgment.org/)

speciallyblend
11-24-2007, 01:14 PM
I just sent this one:

Dear Ms. Schatz,

Having just read your hit piece on Dr. Paul I must say I am amazed. As a journalist I would think you might be concerned about the same things that make some Ron Paul supporters angry to the point of overzealousness (and yes, this does happen though we try to keep it under control). To wit, the utter loss of liberty and the disrespect for the Constitution that has now risen to the point where both Republicans and Democrats openly use the Constitution and the Bill of Rights as toilet paper.

To flippantly associate Ron Paul with heinous groups when even the briefest investigation into his record would show such association to be ludicrous reveals a total disregard for the most important issues of our time. Have you no knowledge of history? Love of your country? Desire for liberty? Have you the slightest sense of what is happening to this country? Are you unaware of the fact you have already lost most of your liberties and are on the verge of losing the rest? Does the loss of habeas corpus mean nothing to you? Does the fact that we have secret prisons where we torture suspects seem "American" to you? Are you not already receiving edicts from "management" regarding what you may and may not write about?

When liberty is lost and a country taken over by tyrants, few people are aware of it. This is because each person feels "free" until the knock comes to their door. The people of Germany didn't think they were living under the heel of a tyrant. They saw Hitler as a hero who saved Germany. Even after the war many still thought this way. Tyranny is insidious.

I cannot know your motives for writing this article but I can know the amount of effort you put into it. How much can one have sincerely attempted to learn about a candidate when they have not bothered to read even so much as the one or two paragraphs of introductory biography necessary to discover that Dr. Paul is an obstetrician, not a "gynecologist". If you had troubled yourself to learn more you would certainly have discovered not only that your implied associations with the most vile members of our society are unworthy of a true journalist but also, that in attempting to marginalize Dr. Paul you are complicit in the conspiracy against your own liberty. Now if you wish to surrender your liberty, that is your business. However, when you surrender your liberty you also surrender mine and THAT is my business! And that is also why many Ron Paul supporters are understandably extremely angry and ready to attack journalists eager to surrender everyone's liberty or to cooperate in an effort to belittle Dr. Paul's message of freedom and marginalize him as a presidential candidate.

You will find one common thread among Ron Paul supporters. We are all fully aware that this presidential campaign is the last battle for our liberty (and we ARE angry about it). How is it that you, a journalist, someone who should absolutely know more than the rest of us, are not aware of this? How is it that in a time when you should be shouting the alarm from the rooftops you are instead slinging mud at Ron Paul? History tells us that a free press, what little is left of it, ought to be our staunch ally in this battle. Yet instead we see that for the most part, journalists are so eager to throw away their own freedom they are willing to smear the first genuine, honest and sincere presidential candidate in over half a century. Even John McCain calls Ron Paul "the most honest man in Washington". But you, you attempt to associate Dr. Paul with the KKK.

well said, I consider this hitting the nail on the head.

apc3161
11-24-2007, 01:16 PM
well said, I consider this hitting the nail on the head.

Agreed

fedup100
11-24-2007, 01:50 PM
"The strength of the Constitution, lies in the will of the people to defend it." – Thomas Edison

I am defending it now. There is no room for limited free speech in a Constitutional Republic. Please try to not let your own personal demons jade your ability to dialog in a forum that supports the only candidate that would restore the free speech you abhor.

BillyDkid
11-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Great letter Larry. You went to Colgate? Cool. I grew up and live not far from Hamilton. I was actually accepted and all set to go there, but it all fell through. I didn't actually get to go to college until many years later. Without sounding like I am sucking up too much - you set a great example for all of us Ron Paul supporters and I am very proud be associated in this effort with you and all the other supporters.

I want to apologize to some folks who have been bothered at times with my apparent "pessimism". I am not pessimistic at all and I have never had any doubt that once people had a chance to hear the liberty message they will respond and this campaign has proved that. I just think it's important to face the reality that there are powerful forces with a vested interest in the status quo who oppose us and will be ruthless in their opposition. I truly believe we can do this - if I didn't, like so many others, I wouldn't have invested so much energy and money into it. I just feel that it's better to be prepared psychologically for the attacks so we can aren't caught unawares and can deal with them better.

If things don't get as bad as I think they could - so much the better. I don't think it's being pessimistic to recognize that the higher profile and the more successful the campaign becomes - the more those oppose will be inclined to step up the smear attacks. It may be that I have had too many disappointments in my life and too much optimism scares me. My intention has never been to bum anyone out and I apologize if I have done that. I believe in this and I am certain the American people will vote for the truth and sanity if they are allowed to hear them. I have said that from the beginning - even all the way back to 1988.

wfd40
11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Once again...

LLEPORD FTW~!

(for the win)

Mark
11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Great letter Larry. You went to Colgate? Cool. I grew up and live not far from Hamilton. I was actually accepted and I am very proud be associated in this effort with you and all the other supporters.

there are powerful forces with a vested interest in the status quo who oppose us

Do you think that the "powerful forces with a vested interest in the status quo who oppose us"

have a higher "vested interest" in Eternity in regards to themselves?

They HAVE been warned. (http://thejudgment.org/) The choice is their's. The consequences are God's. The Order Of Melchizedek.
(http://theorderofmelchizedek.org/)

savonarola
11-24-2007, 03:16 PM
As an Italian American, I move that we nominate Mr. Lepard as Godfather!

great letter. Thanks for the work. I bought 13 (all I could find) USA todays at the end of Wednesday.

llepard
11-24-2007, 04:49 PM

Thank you i will edit it later. Gotta run. LWL

llepard
11-24-2007, 04:56 PM
I just sent this one:

Dear Ms. Schatz,

Well said. Bravo!!!

LWL

llepard
11-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I am a child advocate working for a non-profit organization. I was born and raised in KY, and currently live in Bowling Green. I went to public schools. I am married and have two children. I am a life-long Republican. I am supporting Dr. Ron Paul for president because I want my children and grandchildren to enjoy liberty. ~Leslie Birdwhistell

God bless you.

LWL

llepard
11-24-2007, 05:00 PM
To all the Ron Paul volunteers and grassroots
organizers remember the famous quote by Sir Winston Churchill,

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."

I have a framed copy of this quote on my wall. Love it.

LWL

Mark
11-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Kind Ms Schatz,

As The Head Priest of The Order Of Melchizedek,

I find it no surprise to read the deeds of despots.

There is indeed an AIRE* of discord afloat.

Generations of Humankind find One.

But not All of Them.

For One is not All.

And All is not One.

Yea, for the ones who find One.

All for One.

And One for All.

Blessings for Truth,

Rev Mark A Cahall
Raleigh, NC

The Order Of Melchizedek (http://theorderofmelchizedek.org/)

Feel The Power_Paul Prayer (http://paulprayer.com/)

*Academic-Intellectual Resource Exchange

Mark
11-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Emails and comments in order of post time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by llepard http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=458578#post458578)

Dear Ms. Schatz:

Your choice.

Very sincerely,

Lawrence W. Lepard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted by davidkachel http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=459144#post459144)
I just sent this one:

Dear Ms. Schatz,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My e-mail letter to Amy Dear Amy,

With regards to that disgusting piece of yellow journalism you wrote about Ron Paul, I wonder...will there be a forthcoming expose of Hillary openly Marxist supporters?

You vicious little propagandist you. You can't find dirt on Ron Paul so you go after a 1% fringe element of his support. PATHETIC!

If you had any interest in objective reporting, I could introduce you to black and jewish supporters of Ron Paul. And these would not represent just a token smattering...but a rather decent size sub group.

But you wouldn't care. Your job is to defend the Establishment to defend Israel's free handouts to the last breath. Keep spreading your filth. each day, thanks to the Internet, the discerning of your audience are beginning to see the "mainstream media" for the yellow journalism that it truly represents.

Max
New Jersey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

apc3161 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=6801) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/statusicon/user_offline.gif

I have long been a reader of the WSJ, and I am planning on voting for Ron Paul. When I saw his name in the title I couldn’t help but be excited. However, this article was poorly written in my opinion. While indeed this was an article backed by facts and quotes, it seems you chose to selectively cherry-pick what items, quotes, and facts you believed would best shed a negative light on Dr. Paul.

I would have hoped to read a less biased and more professional article which at least would have shown two sides of the candidate and his campaign; however I realized I would be let down after reading 2 paragraphs into the article.

Yes, there are a lot of supporters who I would classify as possibly atypical and overzealous, but that is only a select few and they represent a small minority. You would not get this impression from reading your article. From this article, you would believe that a large percentage of his supporters are neo-nazi, ku klux klan, cross burning, taco loving, resentful, hostile psychopaths. Was this what you intended? There is no way for me to know this, but again I will state that I was disappointed with this article.

For sure you will receive a lot of email concerning this article, some positive feedback, but mostly negative. And of course some of these messages will be well written while others will be from some of the more overzealous supporters you so explicitly described. In any case, I dare not say you deserve to have your mailbox be cluttered.

The WSJ in my view typically presented the facts, regardless of the subject content. This professionalism however was not seen in this article. You should be ashamed.

I hope in the future you can rise above this pettiness.

Andrew Camacho
Pratt School of Engineering
Duke University

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Not Email*

Originally Posted by KramerDSP http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=457268#post457268)
I also wanted to chime in and thank Mr. Lepald for his incredible contribution.

I was reading the posts on this thread, and noticed that everyone is excited about this worldwide revolution happening. I wanted to let you all know about DotSub, a website where one can translate videos into various languages.

This website, found at http://dotsub.com (http://dotsub.com/), allows for videos to be uploaded and then transcribed and then translated into various languages by users of the site. I have used this to subtitle many of the videos on my blog. A few of them have been partially translated into other languages by random users who decided to do that. For those of you in international meetups, feel free to go to the site, register, and then search "ron paul". You will find quite a few videos I and other RP supporters have uploaded onto the site. Any video that has "transcript marked as complete" is available for translations. I hope our international brothers and sisters will take full advantage of the site's tools to spread the word of liberty throughout the world.

Here is an example of a video (http://deafronpaul.blogspot.com/2007/10/ron-paul-on-good-morning-america.html) that is subtitled in English and partially translated into German (you can change the languages by clicking on the arrow in the bottom right side of the videos).

And finally, an example of a video (http://dotsub.com/films/inplainenglish/index.php?autostart=true&language_setting=en_446) that has been translated into numerous languages that is a great example of how many people can actually be reached by Ron Paul videos.

I do know that only American citizens can vote, and that our efforts need to be focused towards getting RP elected as POTUS, but I wanted our international friends to know about this site so that they could spread the freedom message to their people. I would love to see all the RP videos on the site translated into various languages!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Not Email*

sidcrowe (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=7928) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/statusicon/user_offline.gif

I'm Canadian, and I just joined :)

I have watched dozens of Ron Paul videos, read lots of interviews and now I am on fire!

I tried to donate to the Ron Paul campaign website, but it rejects Canadian credit cards, so I am [[ Admin- proxy donations are illegal - text removed ]]
Those Ron Paul videos make me cry and I don't care who knows. This is your next President of the Untied States of America. He has already won because he is the man...all you guys have to do is work hard to make sure it happens and finish your job.

Don't listen to the mainstream media. Ignore it and sell your videogames and other toys and find every dime you can for Ron Paul, every day! Set aside some for the money bomb, but give him some money NOW, as he is asking for.

The victory is YOURS guys–all you have to do is TAKE IT!!!!!!

SO TAKE IT!

TAKE IT!

TAKE IT!

TAKE IT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=74) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/statusicon/user_online.gif

Kind Ms Schatz,

As The Head Priest of The Order Of Melchizedek,

I find it no surprise to read the deeds of despots.

There is indeed an AIRE* of discord afloat.

Generations of Humankind find One.

But not All of Them.

For One is not All.

And All is not One.

Yea, for the ones who find One.

All for One.

And One for All.

Blessings for Truth,

Rev Mark A Cahall
Raleigh, NC

The Order Of Melchizedek (http://theorderofmelchizedek.org/)

Feel The Power_Paul Prayer (http://paulprayer.com/)

*Academic-Intellectual Resource Exchange

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

schmeisser
11-24-2007, 07:13 PM
I also sent one to her:

schmeisser
Open Letter: Journalists Clash with Reality

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Journalists Clash with Ron Paul Reality"

It is clear to me that the mainstream media simply cannot understand what is happening in the Republican presidential race specifically, and the country in general. I will assume for the purpose of this letter that they are merely inside their own information bubble and incapable of grasping the real reasons that an increasing number of Americans are supporting Ron Paul.

The media itself is the largest and most voracious consumer of their own output. How can the American people be so angry when unemployment is so low, home ownership is so high, the surge is "working" in Iraq, and we have so many choices between favored Democratic and Republican candidates to change whatever we wish to?

Wake Up Call: There is a large disconnect between what the media reports, and what the American people are experiencing. Unemployment is low, but underemployment and the decreasing value of wages leaves people poorer than they were last year. Home ownership is high, but the gap between median home cost and median income is increasing, and the portion of income that must be spent on housing keeps many in a perpetual state of near poverty. The prize for winning in Iraq (if it can be called such) would seem to be freeing up resources for an attack on Iran and an endless military presence in the Middle East.

Presidential candidates fighting across the aisle about meaningless distinctions in policy does not equate to choices. The parties are virtually identical no matter how much they protest that they are not. Truly different candidates are marginalized and ignored and many times fall to the media's self fulfilling prophecy.

The media asks "Why won't the Ron Paul candidacy just die?". The answer is that there exists a huge segment of the population that is unhappy with the direction of this country, the broken promises, and the pandering politicians. We refuse to support the candidates the media tells us we have to choose from. This group consists mostly of the middle class, and yes there are smaller sub-sets of this group that are darker shades of angry. For the media to pretend that we are all members of some "fringe" defies even their own polling and probably causes them to fear what is happening and react with articles that would smear supporters.

Do not fear us. For every vocal and vitriolic supporter, there are thousands of quiet supporters and voters. We are your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers, and your family. We have valid reasons for our anger with the current system and for our support of Ron Paul. Ask us.

You are missing the real story in an effort to make your reporting conform to what you have been exposed to. I challenge you to be one of the first to research and report what is really happening. Dig deeper into the message that Ron Paul represents, dig deeper into a larger cross-section of his supporters, and dig deeper into the reasons that your media may want to marginalize this movement. You stand on the edge of history with possibly the biggest journalistic "scoop" in the last hundred years.

I am a middle-age, middle-class veteran, husband, and father. I do not belong to any groups, and until last month had never donated to a political campaign. I now see I must do everything in my power to help this movement succeed. To not do so would be a betrayal of everything I believe and hold dear and may doom my children and grandchildren to a life I would not want to live.

The story is why we feel this way...

Rick Schmeisser
Tigard,OR
rickschmeisser (AT) lycos (DOT COM)

disciple
11-24-2007, 07:17 PM
I also sent one to her:

schmeisser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is clear to me that the mainstream media simply cannot understand what is happening in the Republican presidential race specifically, and the country in general. I will assume for the purpose of this letter that they are merely inside their own information bubble and incapable of grasping the real reasons that an increasing number of Americans are supporting Ron Paul.

The media itself is the largest and most voracious consumer of their own output. How can the American people be so angry when unemployment is so low, home ownership is so high, the surge is "working" in Iraq, and we have so many choices between favored Democratic and Republican candidates to change whatever we wish to?

Wake Up Call: There is a large disconnect between what the media reports, and what the American people are experiencing. Unemployment is low, but underemployment and the decreasing value of wages leaves people poorer than they were last year. Home ownership is high, but the gap between median home cost and median income is increasing, and the portion of income that must be spent on housing keeps many in a perpetual state of near poverty. The prize for winning in Iraq (if it can be called such) would seem to be freeing up resources for an attack on Iran and an endless military presence in the Middle East.

Presidential candidates fighting across the aisle about meaningless distinctions in policy does not equate to choices. The parties are virtually identical no matter how much they protest that they are not. Truly different candidates are marginalized and ignored and many times fall to the media's self fulfilling prophecy.

The media asks "Why won't the Ron Paul candidacy just die?". The answer is that there exists a huge segment of the population that is unhappy with the direction of this country, the broken promises, and the pandering politicians. We refuse to support the candidates the media tells us we have to choose from. This group consists mostly of the middle class, and yes there are smaller sub-sets of this group that are darker shades of angry. For the media to pretend that we are all members of some "fringe" defies even their own polling and probably causes them to fear what is happening and react with articles that would smear supporters.

Do not fear us. For every vocal and vitriolic supporter, there are thousands of quiet supporters and voters. We are your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers, and your family. We have valid reasons for our anger with the current system and for our support of Ron Paul. Ask us.

You are missing the real story in an effort to make your reporting conform to what you have been exposed to. I challenge you to be one of the first to research and report what is really happening. Dig deeper into the message that Ron Paul represents, dig deeper into a larger cross-section of his supporters, and dig deeper into the reasons that your media may want to marginalize this movement. You stand on the edge of history with possibly the biggest journalistic "scoop" in the last hundred years.

I am a middle-age, middle-class veteran, husband, and father. I do not belong to any groups, and until last month had never donated to a political campaign. I now see I must do everything in my power to help this movement succeed. To not do so would be a betrayal of everything I believe and hold dear and may doom my children and grandchildren to a life I would not want to live.

Rick Schmeisser
Tigard,OR

Beautiful.

michaelwise
11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I've never seen the media focus more on independent supporters than the candidate before. I guess they can't find any dirt on Dr. Paul himself.

I sent an e-mail too. If anyone else feels angered enough to do the same:

Amy.Schatz@wsj.com

At least it quoted Erick Erickson, who is Fred Thompson's version of Don Black.Someone needs to tell them that we are not running for President. Ron Paul is.

Corydoras
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
For every vocal and vitriolic supporter, there are thousands of quiet supporters and voters. We are your neighbors, your friends, your coworkers, and your family. We have valid reasons for our anger with the current system and for our support of Ron Paul. Ask us.

You are missing the real story in an effort to make your reporting conform to what you have been exposed to. I challenge you to be one of the first to research and report what is really happening. Dig deeper into the message that Ron Paul represents, dig deeper into a larger cross-section of his supporters, and dig deeper into the reasons that your media may want to marginalize this movement.

Ahhhh.... that is terrific.
Polite, unyielding, firm, and above all, constructive.
Not to mention beautifully written.
Mega kudos to you.

Instead of "telling them where they can go" and "where they can put it," this letter urges the reporter to look deeper. I think this is a very good thing-- to tell the media please to get into our heads and understand how we are thinking and what is motivating us to put such an extraordinary amount of effort into this campaign.

Elijah
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Awesome!!

Paulite5112007
11-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Our letter,

"I read your article with some interest.

To be fair, I must first state that I am a Ron Paul supporter.

Many in this country do not agree with the manner our federal government has handled foreign policy or domestic issues. Each day, I read the news which relays how many more of our liberties are being infringed upon by strong arm police tactics and special interest control of government officials. Although I am no conspiracy theorist, these beginning steps leading to a police state concern me.

It is in this frame of mind that I admit to being quite excited about the message that Ron Paul conveys. It is unfortunate that a few overzealous supporters can color the whole of us as extremists. Passionate support can take many forms and, in today's apathetic climate, can appear "over the top" very easily. It's my belief that this enthusiasm will drive Dr. Paul's supporters to actually show up to vote.

With Dr. Paul's consistent reliance on the Constitution and his ideas of small government, is it really any wonder then that there has been such a response to his message?

My hope is that we will get past these attacks on his supporters and focus on the real issues at hand regarding the policies that Dr. Paul has supported. I am by no means an expert on foreign or domestic policies which is why I'd like to see real debate on these issues rather than distracting focus on "Taco John", diamonds versus pearls, or a flag lapel pin.

Thank you for your time."

Syren123
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Can we just go ahead and nominate Larry Lepard for VP?

A real inspiration, Mr. Lepard!

VP would be a waste of his considerable talent and intellect.
He should be head of one of the important cabinet departments where he will be instrumental in the dismantling of the NAU/SPP NWO plan...Treasury, Commerce, Transporation. Something like that.

Treasury Secretary Lepard...Commerce Secretary Lepard...whatever sounds best. That is my nomination.

grfgerger
11-24-2007, 09:17 PM
I also sent one to her:

schmeisser

Rick Schmeisser
Tigard,OR

That is some top-notch writing right there.

llepard
11-24-2007, 09:27 PM
That is some top-notch writing right there.

Copy that.

Excellent post.

Mark
11-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=458975#post458975)

Thank you i will edit it later. Gotta run. LWL

~~~

"Guttenberg Press" gave me an idea.

ALL ~ Please Consider Contacting "The Guttenberg Press" ~ Guttenberg, Iowa 52052

1. In Honor of Gutenberg 2.0_The Internet.

2. And "The Common Sense of Our Time".

TheOrderOfMelchizedek.org/LWL/USA_Today_final.pdf (http://theorderofmelchizedek.org/LWL/USA_Today_final.pdf)

This is only the beginning.

Opportunities like interacting with "The Guttenberg Press"

in a battle State such as Iowa are everywhere.

Please visit their website for advertising and news article submission links.

And please, for your convenience, a download and linking address,
is available below for the PDF of the advertisement, for your correspondence.

TheOrderOfMelchizedek.org/LWL/USA_Today_final.pdf (http://theorderofmelchizedek.org/LWL/USA_Today_final.pdf)

http://ffs.capwiz.com/congressorg/images/layout/banner6.jpg (http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/?command=org_pages&org_id=6218)

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...es&org_id=6218 (http://www.congress.org/congressorg/dbq/media/?command=org_pages&org_id=6218)

Guttenberg Press -- Headquarters
Website: www.guttenbergpress.com (http://www.congress.org/congressorg/webreturn/?url=http://www.guttenbergpress.com)
Phone: (563) 252-2421
Fax: (563) 252-1275
Address: PO Box 937 Guttenberg, IA 52052-0937

http://www.guttenbergpress.com/images/presslogo.jpg (http://www.guttenbergpress.com/)

http://www.guttenbergpress.com/

10 Schiller St. * P.O. Box 937 * Guttenberg, Iowa 52052
PH: 563-252-2421 * FAX: 563-252-1275
gbpress@alpinecom.net (gbpress@alpinecom.net)
News submissions: stomkins@guttenbergpress.com (stomkins@guttenbergpress.com)
Ad submissions: jthein (jthein@guttenbergpress.com)@guttenbergpress.com (jthein@guttenbergpress.com)
Photo submissions: mcombs (mcombs@guttenbergpress.com)@guttenbergpress.com (mcombs@guttenbergpress.com)