PDA

View Full Version : Am I wrong?

cska80
11-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Here in Rhode Island, there are hundreds of Ron Paul signs all over the state. They are usually all different from eachother which obviously means they are coming from many different groups in the state. In such a small state, which is liberal democrat owned and bought and payed for by our unions, you wouldn't expect such support. He's also always discussed by callers on our local talk radio shows even though the hosts don't seem to like him very much.

In these national polls, when you break them down, you see that in several states Ron Paul is not listed as a Republican candidate, but as a Libertarian candidate. I would think I'm correct in assuming any people polled who do not like any of the 'mainstream' candidates wouldn't even look to pick a Libertarian candidate in the poll. He's also not even listed as a candidate in a lot of states which also brings down his average significantly.

Every state he goes to, including 'fly over country', he draws huge crowds. Most are bigger than any other candidate. People like to say Paulites follow him from state to state, but I don't think that many people have the time or money to travel across the country to all of these events.

So, given his support in every state at events and grassroots sign postings and what not, given the deliberate attack on his national polling by not listing him or listning him as a libertarian, etc. I would assume that any increase in his national polling is huge. For Paul, I would think 6% nationally would really be double that, or even more, if he was polled fairly in all states.

noxagol
11-24-2007, 08:18 AM
No, you are not wrong. I think that no one really knows how much support this man has and that it is also a lot bigger than anyone thinks it is.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 08:34 AM
I agree, we shall dominate in the primaries unless the voting machines steal our win

JosephTheLibertarian
11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
question is, who the hell are they polling? Only "likely" caucus goers? All GOP? Previous voters?

AceNZ
11-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Most of the polls seem to be polling Republicans who voted in the last election -- which distorts the numbers terribly, since Bush ran uncontested and voter turnout was terrible.

Some polls claim to be polling "likely Republican voters" -- but how they come up with those people isn't clear.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 10:00 AM
He still has very low name recognition with the masses.

We will be making a big mistake if we sit back now and think we have this thing won. In reality, it is time we pour it on! That, and make sure Paul has the signature to be on the ballot in our respective states and the delegates. Without both of these things, he WILL lose.

If anyone has not yet watched the Grassroot Training Videos, you don't want to miss them.
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/volunteer/content/grassroots-volunteer-training/

Chester Copperpot
11-24-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree with you and I figure his support is really doubled what the polls say.. I figure if he hits 10% in any State he has a good chance of winning it for the primary and if he hits 15% in the State then nobody else is going to beat him in that State.

constituent
11-24-2007, 10:02 AM
"the masses" do not exist.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-24-2007, 10:04 AM
He still has very low name recognition with the masses.

We will be making a big mistake if we sit back now and think we have this thing won. In reality, it is time we pour it on! That, and make sure Paul has the signature to be on the ballot in our respective states and the delegates. Without both of these things, he WILL lose.

If anyone has not yet watched the Grassroot Training Videos, you don't want to miss them.
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/volunteer/content/grassroots-volunteer-training/

and how does Huckabee not have a problem with that? You think majority of Americans watch FNC for the daily Huckabee love fest? As far as I know, he isn't even running any ads, he is terribly short on 3rd quarter funds, and his total funds is just pathetic.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 10:08 AM
and how does Huckabee not have a problem with that? You think majority of Americans watch FNC for the daily Huckabee love fest?

No, but he's gotten a huge amount of freebie media coverage. He also seems to be the new darling of the Christian Right. Most people don't know about him other than the fact that he is a Christian. When and if they find out, he will lose a lot of supporters.

I still maintain that Paul can win a huge portion of the Christian vote. We just have to get the information out there. He's not one to use his faith to get votes, while Huckabee spouts it at every turn. So, a lot of Christians do not know about Paul. Nor, do they know yet that he is the true conservative in the race. We've got to get this information out.

LibertyEagle
11-24-2007, 10:10 AM
"the masses" do not exist.

I was referring to the majority of people.

priest_of_syrinx
11-24-2007, 10:11 AM
and how does Huckabee not have a problem with that? You think majority of Americans watch FNC for the daily Huckabee love fest? As far as I know, he isn't even running any ads, he is terribly short on 3rd quarter funds, and his total funds is just pathetic.

http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?c=1&f=555555&u=ronpaul2008.com&u=foxnews.com&r=3m&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610

:(

JosephTheLibertarian
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
what? I'm talking about Huckabee.

literatim
11-24-2007, 10:23 AM
We only see a fraction of his support on our little internet world.

cska80
11-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I see huge numbers of people being counted as "undecided". I believe many of these people could be Paul supporters that do not have an option of picking him on these polls.

Sorry to be so conspiratorial, but I think the recent buzz around Huckabee is totally manufactured by the establishment. I think we're witnessing the establishments real choice for a "darkhorse" candidate as his poll numbers just are not reflecting his support as far as donations go. He really doesn't have enough money to go anywhere and I would assume anyone with as much of a surge in poll numbers as he has had should have MUCH greater increases in overall donations recieved.

If Paul wasn't drawing the huge crowds that he does everywhere he goes, I wouldn't believe the hype. If the donations to the campaign died off 4 months ago, I wouldn't believe the hype. If the campaign were not recieveing slams and attacks from every direction now, I wouldn't believe the hype.

If only I could ignore reality.

qwerty
11-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey, we can show on Dec 16th to the whole america how much Ron Paul has support...

Please spend 1 minute of your time today to promote the effort, check the link in my signature!

steph3n
11-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I agree, we shall dominate in the primaries unless the voting machines steal our win

don't fall for this, this is PRIMARIES it means previous GOPers or newly changed/registered.