PDA

View Full Version : Question for the cops and apologists

tod evans
03-22-2013, 07:00 AM
Just exactly what kind of propaganda are you being fed behind the scenes that can possibly justify the actions of your brethren?

How is the necessity of attack squads presented to you?

Just curious...

phill4paul
03-22-2013, 07:21 AM
I would imagine it comes down to "officer safety."

fisharmor
03-22-2013, 07:24 AM
These questions require critical thinking skills that are actively suppressed en masse in this country.

tod evans
03-23-2013, 08:14 AM
Bump for the weekend..

http://www.fallingpixel.com/products/18344/mains/000-3d-model-bumper-car-mat-1.jpg

Neil Desmond
03-23-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't understand what you're asking. What do you mean by "behind the scenes"? What "scenes" are you talking about? What is an attack squad?

The Goat
03-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Some Penn. state fans defended the actions of the admin. and even sandusky during the scandal.

tod evans
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't understand what you're asking. What do you mean by "behind the scenes"? What "scenes" are you talking about? What is an attack squad?

"Behind the scenes" means exactly that, not for public consumption, what is said behind closed doors, how attacking the citizenry is quietly justified in their own minds to each other..

"Attack squad" photo..

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110721155016/deadliestwarrior/images/8/80/Swat.jpg

ghengis86
03-23-2013, 08:29 AM
They're taught that they are warriors in a war zone, everyone is a criminal and because of that, whatever they do is fine, so long as they claim 'officer safety'. The foot soldiers are told repeatedly that they are the paradigm of justice, honor, integrity, etc. until they believe it themselves.

green73
03-23-2013, 08:30 AM
These questions require critical thinking skills that are actively suppressed en masse in this country.

Especially among the cop class, who usually are black-and-white thinkers. Standardized testing makes sure of that.

Todd
03-23-2013, 08:50 AM
1. Officer safety.

2. Intimidation factor

No one who's honest denies the second one. You are taught that the psychological game is the number one factor in effectiveness.

satchelmcqueen
03-23-2013, 09:10 AM
let me chime in and give some info i was privy to when i was with my ex whorebag wife. she was in ems for the last 7 year we were together.

i also took a half class of emt school. it wasnt for me so i went back to land surveying.

ems /firefighter/cop in north ga is all the same attitude. same type of thinking, same type of people 95% of the time.

in my emt class we were instructed that if the scene is dangerous that we do not go into it until it has been secured. BUT after it was secured and we were in there, if the person, even sick, tried to harm us, then we were to "accidentally" drop our very heavy, metal clipboard on their head. also if the person was rude to us or being obnoxious, word was that we needed to then be "very selective" in choosing the size of needles to use on the to draw blood or insert an IV. in other words use the biggest needle you have to shut them up.

my ex used to brag about the needle thing. she also bragged about some of the cops roughing people up because they could just make up whatever situation they needed to justify it.

these kinds of thought process are taught in the classes these people take, and encouraged with a wink on the job.

when i started to question some of these things, i was looked at funny as if it was wrong to actually care about someones rights or feelings. they would laugh about it and just brush it off. most of these things are done for THEIR protection and also for their jollies because they can. maybe thats why i didnt fit in. im proud i left the damn class.

Neil Desmond
03-23-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm trying to be an apologist for law enforcement:

"Behind the scenes" means exactly that, not for public consumption, what is said behind closed doors, how attacking the citizenry is quietly justified in their own minds to each other..
You're implying that such a thing exists or happens. Are you just assuming this does, or do you actually have evidence to back this up? Because if so, I have a problem with that (propaganda or otherwise); that's a pretty serious issue and something needs to be done about that. We have the right to be informed about such things; otherwise the state is immoral. There's even an expectation by the courts that we at least make a reasonable effort to keep ourselves well informed about the law, and it would be completely unreasonable for law enforcement agencies to conceal information regarding how or why they justify taking action to enforce the law.

Here's what I think/suggest: their administrative policies for the enforcement of the law needs to be public record; with the internet, it should all also be freely accessible via an agency's website. If it isn't, then you should demand that they do; if they won't, go to your sheriff or mayor (or whatever the elected official of the city, town, county, etc. in question is) to demand it. If you still can't get results, go to your state legislator, delegate, governor...whatever & tell them there should be a law mandating this. If that still doesn't work, talk to your U.S. representative about this issue. If after all this doesn't work, then come back and post about it on this forum, talk to other people (at town meetings, family, friends, neighbors, work colleagues, church, mosque, synagogue, college, fraternity/sorority, political club, etc.), and petition for this kind of thing.

"Attack squad" photo..

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110721155016/deadliestwarrior/images/8/80/Swat.jpg
I appreciate the notion that a picture is worth a thousand words; but I'm sorry, none of those "words" explain how it pertains to politics, propaganda, or how it's substantially distinct from your first question. All I see is a bunch of guys holding weapons, wearing armor, etc. I'm trying to understand what exactly you're trying to get at, with your 2nd question.

JK/SEA
03-23-2013, 11:04 AM
ok, well, if the whole idea is to get people more afraid of cops than the common criminal....its working.

surf
03-23-2013, 11:15 AM
purely speculating: i'd guess it's more or less marketed to cops as a kind of a "team" thing. i.e. it's "us" vs "them," and nothing is more "honorable" than covering your teammate's ass, particularly if it leads to a win.

the latter concept is seen in sports when a wide-receiver lays out (pancakes) an unsuspecting safety and is on the highlight shows all week.

edit: the wto armored lines more than a decade ago really illustrated this mentality in Seattle

erowe1
03-23-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't understand what you're asking. What do you mean by "behind the scenes"?

I imagine things like the briefings at the beginnings of Hill Street Blues episodes.

Neil Desmond
03-23-2013, 12:08 PM
I imagine things like the briefings at the beginnings of Hill Street Blues episodes.
Hmm, I'll have to check it out. I remember the series, intro theme song, etc. just not those details. Do you think you could find a YouTube clip, or something online, of it?

erowe1
03-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Hmm, I'll have to check it out. I remember the series, intro theme song, etc. just not those details. Do you think you could find a YouTube clip, or something online, of it?

Not really. My recollection is vague too. I think it's been in a lot of cop series though.

Picture the classroom in Welcome Back Cotter, only full of cops.

Origanalist
03-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Not really. My recollection is vague too. I think it's been in a lot of cop series though.

Picture the classroom in Welcome Back Cotter, only full of cops.

In pop culture they are called daily briefings, kind of like daily marching orders. I have no idea if their real or not.

Neil Desmond
03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
In pop culture they are called daily briefings, kind of like daily marching orders. I have no idea if their real or not.
Me, neither; Fivezeroes, or someone else in law enforcement, care to chime in on this?

fr33
03-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Just exactly what kind of propaganda are you being fed behind the scenes that can possibly justify the actions of your brethren?

How is the necessity of attack squads presented to you?

Just curious...
I'm just guessing because I can't understand their point of view at all but I guess they are subscribed to sites like http://www.policeone.com/ and others with the "thin blue line" bs in their sidebar.