PDA

View Full Version : Vigil planned for Southgate student, 13, who committed suicide at middle school

tangent4ronpaul
03-21-2013, 06:45 PM
I wonder what kind of SSRI he was on...

http://www.freep.com/article/20130321/NEWS02/130321038/

Classmates and community members will hold a candlelight vigil at 7 tonight outside of Anderson High School in Southgate to remember a 13-year-old, who used a handgun to commit suicide in a bathroom at his middle school this morning.

The boy shot himself once with a .40-caliber handgun at Davidson Middle School in Southgate around 8 a.m. -- stunning the community and leaving students, police and school officials looking for answers.

“Everybody who wants to pay their respects to him is going to come with a candle,” said 13-year-old Delaney Agee, a friend of the teen, who plans to attend tonight’s gathering.

It’s a way to show him how many people cared about him, she said.

The student -- whose name was not released by school officials or police at a news conference held today -- was found by another student, according to an official with the school district.

He left behind a suicide note that was found after the teen was rushed to the hospital, where he later died, Southgate Director of Public Safety Thomas Coombs said.

It was written as an open letter explaining that by the time it was read, he would have killed himself, he said.

Coombs said the teen used the word “drama” to describe his life, but the student didn’t offer specifics on the issues he was apparently having trouble dealing with and said taking his life was a way out.

The gun, which was not locked, belonged to a family member and the teen knew where it was and took it, Coombs said.

(cont)

-t

QueenB4Liberty
03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Well, if this isn't an excuse to ban guns, or require all guns to have a lock, I don't know what is. (Not that I'm for that for anyone who doesn't know me)

That's sad though that a kid died. I just wonder how much national attention this is going to get.

thoughtomator
03-21-2013, 07:14 PM
It’s a way to show him how many people cared about him, she said.

I'd wager the real number of people who actually cared about him was zero, or he would have had someone to talk to instead of having to bottle that shit up inside until he couldn't take it anymore.

Philhelm
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
I'd wager the real number of people who actually cared about him was zero, or he would have had someone to talk to instead of having to bottle that shit up inside until he couldn't take it anymore.

Agreed. When it comes to people giving a shit, color me skeptical.