PDA

View Full Version : Stats for the Libertarian Party vs. Tea Party vs. Liberty Movement

Bastiat's The Law
03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I can only find statistics for the Libertarian Party. Does anyone have estimates for the other groups?

Libertarian Party

Seats in the Senate
0 / 100

Seats in the House
0 / 435

Governorships
0 / 50

State Upper Houses
0 / 1,921

State Lower Houses
0 / 5,410

heavenlyboy34
03-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Complete list of elected LPers, for those interested: http://www.lp.org/candidates/elected-officials

fr33
03-21-2013, 02:35 PM
What's the point to this? The Libertarian party and some of the tea party are both part of the liberty movement. Also a percentage of the liberty movement have no interest in electoral politics. Those types are in neither the LP nor the TP.

presence
03-21-2013, 02:47 PM
I would be more interested in a # representing those who consider themselves to be a part of each group. It would make a great set of 3 PPP polling questions.

Do you consider yourself a part of the "the liberty movement"?
Do you consider yourself a part of the "the libertarian party"?
Do you consider yourself a part of the "the tea party"?

Also interesting would be the % entering each from the left and right.

Bastiat's The Law
03-21-2013, 03:04 PM
What's the point to this? The Libertarian party and some of the tea party are both part of the liberty movement. Also a percentage of the liberty movement have no interest in electoral politics. Those types are in neither the LP nor the TP.
Yeah, I don't care about that type.

Bastiat's The Law
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
I would be more interested in a # representing those who consider themselves to be a part of each group. It would make a great set of 3 PPP polling questions.

Do you consider yourself a part of the "the liberty movement"?
Do you consider yourself a part of the "the libertarian party"?
Do you consider yourself a part of the "the tea party"?

Also interesting would be the % entering each from the left and right.

That data would be interesting too. We do have some breakdown of the tea party from CATO.

Bastiat's The Law
03-22-2013, 05:19 PM
bump