PDA

View Full Version : WOW!! MIND JUST GOT BLOWN!!

roho76
03-20-2013, 09:40 PM
So I just talked to a cousin that I haven't talked to in ten years and talked to about 3 times in twenty years and she brought up the guy my mom was dating while she was sick with cancer and was undergoing chemo when I was young. She mentioned that the guy she was dating told her that she should stop the chemo and that she didn't need to do it any more because she was all better. Unfortunately she did not win her battle with cancer. I did decide to look up this guy and see if I could find him. Look at what I found:

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/02-25-13-police-charge-suspect-for-defacing-obama-mural-58-year-old-man-remains-on-the-lam/

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Suspect-accused-of-defacing-Obama-mural-held-on-20000-bond--195650061.html

Oh, my goodness. WTF?

sailingaway
03-20-2013, 09:45 PM
huh. That must be a weird feeling!

angelatc
03-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Timing is everything!

MRK
03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Give him a call and see what the story is. Hard to tell anything else from the articles.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 10:11 PM
$20 large for bail on a vandalism charge?

Huh...

Like defacing pictures of Uncle Joe in the USSR.

sailingaway
03-20-2013, 10:12 PM

Huh...

I almost commented on that, it seemed like a lot for paint, but I decided I really had no idea how much bail ran....

Ranger29860
03-20-2013, 10:19 PM

Huh...

I thought bail was a combination of what would hurt you if you ran and what you can reasonable pay out? Granted I know little to nothing about it.

mello
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm more curious to know why she believed him when he told her that she didn't need chemo anymore because she was cured.

Ranger29860
03-20-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm more curious to know why she believed him when he told her that she didn't need chemo anymore because she was cured.

Did he say that she believed him though?

roho76
03-21-2013, 08:49 PM

That is hearsay for me. I was living with my Aunt and Uncle while she was in the hospital and received very little information. I heard it second hand through my cousin but I have no reason to believe she is lying. I don't doubt my mother would listen to that jackass. My mother has always had relationship problems and my younger years played out like a "Jerry Springer" episode with all the guys my mother dated so it wouldn't surprise me if she would allow herself to be manipulated by him.

Tod
03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Maybe he was hoping he was in her will?

HOLLYWOOD
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
I see BIG SISTER'S 1984 state is working just fine... facial recognition software works well on crappy surveillance video footage.

angelatc
03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
I thought bail was a combination of what would hurt you if you ran and what you can reasonable pay out? Granted I know little to nothing about it.

No, bail is the amount the court decides. It tends to be small for non-serious crimes, and huge for major crimes. Tends to fluctuate more on the odds of you deciding that running away is worth it.

Thor
03-21-2013, 09:36 PM
defacing an image like this:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6080/6107698667_c0a8c7f27e_z.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
No, bail is the amount the court decides. It tends to be small for non-serious crimes, and huge for major crimes. Tends to fluctuate more on the odds of you deciding that running away is worth it.

LOL @ the Just-Us system.

Amendment Eight:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Reminds of this case, just recently closed.

Thumbnail: Idiot young man, last name Fury, sets paint fire inside the USS Miami while in drydock, Portsmouth NH. Massive fire erupts, causing huge amounts of damage.

The sentence:

Fury was sentenced on two counts of arson, for setting the Miami fire and a small, second fire several weeks later.

Singal also ordered Fury to pay the Navy $400 million in restitution.

The judge waived the interest and said Fury could pay in monthly installments while inside prison and after he gets out.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130315-NEWS-130319802

Now, how is that legal, in light of the Eighth Amendment, first of all?

Second, $400 MILLION???

LOL - At $1.00 an hour prison wages, (yeah, that's generous, I know) working say, 360 days a year, you'll only have to keep him in prison...oh...about a hundred thousand YEARS to pay that back.

LOLOLOLOL - After he gets out??? Hey guys, don't know if you know this or not, but you don't get a job when you get out of prison these days, not with databases and records that follow you everywhere.

SMFH...Kill one of us Mundanes and you'll do an average of 8 years.

Destroy a vital piece of the system's war making apparatus, oh son, you gonna pay.