PDA

View Full Version : 118 Spineless Republicans Vote Against RSC Budget!

Spoa
03-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Take a look at these names (Not all are RINOs...but you can tell that they are definitely not conservatives...most are RINOs or mediocre...there are a few surprises to me).

---- NOES 132 ---

Alexander
Bachus
Barber
Barletta
Barr
Barrow (GA)
Benishek
Bera (CA)
Bilirakis
Braley (IA)
Brooks (IN)
Buchanan
Calvert
Campbell
Cantor
Capito
Carter
Chaffetz
Coble
Coffman
Collins (NY)
Cook
Cramer
Crawford
Crenshaw
Daines
Davis, Rodney
Delaney
Denham
Dent
DesJarlais
Diaz-Balart
Duffy
Ellmers
Esty
Fincher
Fitzpatrick
Forbes
Frelinghuysen
Gerlach
Gibbs
Gibson
Granger
Graves (MO)
Griffin (AR)
Griffith (VA)
Guthrie
Hanna
Harper
Hastings (WA)
Heck (NV)
Herrera Beutler
Hurt
Issa
Jenkins
Johnson (OH)
Jones
Joyce
Kelly
King (NY)
Kinzinger (IL)
Kline
Lance
Latham
Latta
LoBiondo
Loebsack
Lofgren
Lucas
Luetkemeyer
Maloney, Sean
Marino
McCarthy (CA)
McKinley
McMorris Rodgers
Meehan
Miller (FL)
Miller, Gary
Mullin
Murphy (PA)
Noem
Nugent
Nunes
Pastor (AZ)
Paulsen
Petri
Pitts
Posey
Rahall
Reed
Reichert
Renacci
Ribble
Rice (SC)
Roby
Rogers (KY)
Rogers (MI)
Ros-Lehtinen
Roskam
Rothfus
Royce
Runyan
Ryan (WI)
Schneider
Schrader
Shimkus
Shuster
Simpson
Sinema
Smith (NE)
Southerland
Stewart
Stivers
Thompson (PA)
Tiberi
Tipton
Turner
Upton
Valadao
Wagner
Walberg
Walden
Walorski
Webster (FL)
Westmoreland
Whitfield
Wittman
Wolf
Womack
Young (AK)
Young (FL)
Young (IN)

Read my RedState post here: http://www.redstate.com/spoasteph97/2013/03/20/spineless-republicans-show-true-colors-by-voting-no-on-rsc-budget/

sailingaway
03-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Cyprus shows what lengths banks will sink to if a country goes "too far" into debt. You would think it would wake people

FSP-Rebel
03-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Chaffetz continues to disappoint and Mullin is off to a poor start. It would be helpful to post those that supported it so we know who our friends are even tho I suspect that most of the good names I know did the right thing. Good to see Rogers-MI voted against it, that will hurt him with MI conservatives should he decide to run for Senate.

Spoa
03-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Chaffetz continues to disappoint and Mullin is off to a poor start. It would be helpful to post those that supported it so we know who our friends are even tho I suspect that most of the good names I know did the right thing. Good to see Rogers-MI voted against it, that will hurt him with MI conservatives should he decide to run for Senate.

Here are the ones who voted yes:

---- AYES 104 ---

Amash
Barton
Bentivolio
Bishop (UT)
Black
Blackburn
Bonner
Boustany
Brady (TX)
Bridenstine
Brooks (AL)
Broun (GA)
Bucshon
Burgess
Camp
Cassidy
Chabot
Cole
Collins (GA)
Conaway
Cotton
Culberson
DeSantis
Duncan (SC)
Duncan (TN)
Farenthold
Fleischmann
Fleming
Flores
Franks (AZ)
Gardner
Garrett
Gingrey (GA)
Gohmert
Goodlatte
Gosar
Gowdy
Graves (GA)
Hall
Harris
Hartzler
Hensarling
Holding
Hudson
Huelskamp
Huizenga (MI)
Hultgren
Hunter
Johnson, Sam
Jordan
King (IA)
Kingston
Labrador
LaMalfa
Lamborn
Lankford
Long
Lummis
Marchant
Massie
McCaul
McClintock
McHenry
McKeon
Meadows
Messer
Mica
Miller (MI)
Mulvaney
Neugebauer
Nunnelee
Olson
Palazzo
Pearce
Pittenger
Poe (TX)
Pompeo
Price (GA)
Radel
Rigell
Roe (TN)
Rogers (AL)
Rohrabacher
Rokita
Rooney
Ross
Salmon
Scalise
Schweikert
Scott, Austin
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Smith (TX)
Stockman
Stutzman
Terry
Thornberry
Weber (TX)
Wenstrup
Williams
Wilson (SC)
Woodall
Yoder
Yoho

Remember, this doesn't make them all our allies. But it does show that some of them aren't as bad as we think they are.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Take a look at these names (Not all are RINOs...but you can tell that they are definitely not conservatives...most are RINOs or mediocre...there are a few surprises to me).

For anyone not paying a lot of attention to this issue in the US House, Spoa is talking about a budget proposed by the Republican Study Committee in the US House. That's what I got from a minute of googling, anyway.

luctor-et-emergo
03-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Good to see Kerry Bentivolio on the list of Ayes. With Amash and Massie I should note.

Christian Liberty
03-20-2013, 06:25 PM
I really hate the term "RINO." Considering what the GOP has become, it should really be a compliment, but we use it on the wrong people...

Ron Paul was technically a RINO. He could have just as easily been a Democrat, and really should have been a Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate. He wasn't really a Republican. And thank God he wasn't!

tsai3904
03-20-2013, 06:26 PM
90% of the Democrats voted Present to force the Republicans to own or disown the RSC budget that balances in 4 years. They said this vote took an extra 10 minutes because a lot of Reps were waiting to see how to vote.

misean
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Cyprus shows what lengths banks will sink to if a country goes "too far" into debt. You would think it would wake people

The problem with using Cyprus as an example is we're are about a thousand times less likely to have similar problems because we can print money.

The problem of big government should really be sold as a loss of freedom, not as a cause for hyperinflation or insolvency.

sailingaway
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
I really hate the term "RINO." Considering what the GOP has become, it should really be a compliment, but we use it on the wrong people...

Ron Paul was technically a RINO. He could have just as easily been a Democrat, and really should have been a Libertarian or Constitution Party candidate. He wasn't really a Republican. And thank God he wasn't!

He was a Republican. He chooses for himself. They/we had strayed, not him.

Spoa
03-20-2013, 07:18 PM

I understand, but I'd rather use the term "RINO" as opposed to the long term "Republican establishment member". Just easier. :)

parocks
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM

RINO is a term used by Conservatives to talk about politicians who vote with Democrats to pass big government legislation.

compromise
04-13-2013, 02:06 PM
I understand, but I'd rather use the term "RINO" as opposed to the long term "Republican establishment member". Just easier. :)

I wouldn't say they're mutually inclusive. I tend to think of RINOs as people to the left of the establishment (McConnell, Ryan), such as Chris Christie and Scott Brown. Like the sort of Republicans who oppose the Ryan budget from the left.

The surprises on the list for me were: Chaffetz, Mullin, Ribble, Posey, Westmoreland. Otherwise, fairly predictable.

talkingpointes
04-13-2013, 02:08 PM
They are not spineless, in fact they have balls of steel to keep doing this shit.