PDA

View Full Version : Rubio Spends Big on Campaign Consultants

Mr.NoSmile
03-20-2013, 04:22 PM
If it was not already clear he thought about running, or if the GOP wanted him to run. Well, as divded as folks here may be on Rand Paul, it at least keeps him in the public eye. Rubio, however-

Sen. Marco Rubio spent almost $100,000 on campaign consultants last month, nearly three years before Iowa and New Hampshire voters cast a single ballot...The Florida Republican — widely considered a possible presidential candidate in 2016 — already has a knowledgeable and experienced group of staffers, consultants and firms on payroll, split between his PACs and Senate office.

He's also apparently hired Mitt Romney’s former digital strategy firm Targeted Victory as a vendor. Whether hiring someone from Team Romney will kill or even harm him, I'm not sure yet, with it only being 2013. Trying to get an early start.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/marco-rubio-spends-big-on-consultants-89152.html

Matt Collins
03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
wow that's a ton of money... I wonder if he was using that for a CPAC push?

itshappening
03-20-2013, 04:42 PM
They're all former Bush people as well... they will be pushing him hard but he's really too young and inexperienced to be a serious presidential candidate. Look for his bubble to burst at some point.

kathy88
03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
If it was not already clear he thought about running, or if the GOP wanted him to run. Well, as divded as folks here may be on Rand Paul, it at least keeps him in the public eye. Rubio, however-

He's also apparently hired Mitt Romney’s former digital strategy firm Targeted Victory as a vendor. Whether hiring someone from Team Romney will kill or even harm him, I'm not sure yet, with it only being 2013. Trying to get an early start.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/marco-rubio-spends-big-on-consultants-89152.htmlim sure it will help. They're really good at buying fake Facebook and twitter followers.

anaconda
03-20-2013, 04:44 PM
I wonder if he was using that for a CPAC push?

Explain? Not sure what a CPAC push is.

itshappening
03-20-2013, 04:45 PM
im sure it will help. They're really good at buying fake Facebook and twitter followers.

LOL!

Matt Collins
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Explain? Not sure what a CPAC push is.
Spending a lot of money to get people to show up and vote for you in the CPAC straw poll (that Rand just won).

kahless
03-20-2013, 05:05 PM
$100,000 to tell him to sound like Ron or Rand Paul to co-opt their supporters and then after the nomination go back to sounding like a Neocon.

I guess there is allot of planning involved to make that work.

itshappening
03-20-2013, 05:18 PM
$100,000 to tell him to sound like Ron or Rand Paul to co-opt their supporters and then after the nomination go back to sounding like a Neocon.

I guess there is allot of planning involved to make that work.

The funny thing is they're not making him sound like Ron/Rand, they've got him arguing for more forceful foreign policy which is a sure loser after 13 years of war and weariness.

Rubio could be the most expensive Iowa and New Hampshire flop ever if he's spending $200k/month on consultants and so on.

supermario21
03-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Yeah, hire Romney's digital strategy guy, probably the one who massively screwed up ORCA. Call yourself Tea Party, but you're just a Cuban fusion of Dick Cheney, George Bush, and Mitt Romney.

anaconda
03-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Spending a lot of money to get people to show up and vote for you in the CPAC straw poll (that Rand just won).

Ah, my bad. You did say "was" using. I'm a little slow. Thanks for clarifying. And, yes, it would be rather interesting to know if Senator Rubio spent money in this manner. Didn't Mittens bus in a lot of people last year? I don't think it's particularly unethical, but rather just underscores Marco's desperation to remain relevant.

Matt Collins
03-20-2013, 05:50 PM
Ah, my bad. You did say "was" using. I'm a little slow. Thanks for clarifying. And, yes, it would be rather interesting to know if Senator Rubio spent money in this manner. Didn't Mittens bus in a lot of people last year? I don't think it's particularly unethical, but rather just underscores Marco's desperation to remain relevant.

In previous years, Ron spent a ton of money to insure he won CPAC too.

itshappening
03-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah, hire Romney's digital strategy guy, probably the one who massively screwed up ORCA. Call yourself Tea Party, but you're just a Cuban fusion of Dick Cheney, George Bush, and Mitt Romney.

All his consultants are former Bush's, his chief of staff was Cheney's and he wants a war with Iran.

These people haven't moved on. Fortunately I think the GOP has or at least a significant part of it has.

Brian4Liberty
03-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Nice to see that the Red State people won't like this...

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/28/the-incestuous-bleeding-of-the-republican-party/

Brian4Liberty
03-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Nice to see that the Red State people won't like this...

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/28/the-incestuous-bleeding-of-the-republican-party/

From the article, more at link:

If money is the root of all evil, for the Republican Party evil is located on the fifth floor of 66 Canal Center Plaza, Alexandria, VA 22314.

Strip away the candidate and coalition and it is on the fifth floor of 66 Canal Center Plaza where the seeds of Mitt Romney’s ruin and the RNC’s get out the vote (GOTV) effort collapsed — bled to death by charlatan consultants making millions off the party, its donors, and the grassroots.
To understand the problems, we need to go back in time. Michael Beach is a co-founder of Targeted Victory, LLC, as is Zac Moffatt. Before that, he was the National Victory Director for the Republican Party during the 2008 campaign.

Targeted Victory, LLC operates from suite 501 of 66 Canal Center Plaza in Alexandria as a foreign limited liability company. Targeted Victory, LLC is actually a Minnesota limited liability company. In Virginia, its co-founder Michael Beach, is listed as its registered agent by the Virginia Secretary of State. It was formed on February 5, 2009, around the time Michael Beach left the RNC.

Targeted Victory, LLC’s registered office is 7300 Hudson Blvd, Suite 270, St. Paul, MN 55128. It’s manager, who is the person who controls the day to day operations of an LLC on behalf of its members, is Tony Feather.

Drum roll please — Tony Feather happens to also be the F in FLS Connect, LLC, which made millions off both the Romney campaign and the RNC.

The “L” in FLS Connect is Jeff Larson, the present Chief of Staff of the Republican National Committee.

Curiously, the Virginia Secretary of State notes that FLS Connect, LLC uses a registered agent in Virginia Beach, VA, but is a foreign limited liability company just like Targeted Victory, LLC. More curious, its principal office is the same office in St. Paul, MN as Targeted Victory, LLC, but FLS Connect is actually an Arizona limited liability company.

Interestingly enough, the Virginia Secretary of State shows that FLS Connect, LLC registered in Virginia on August 13, 2009, and subsequently had its registration cancelled.

A search of the Arizona Corporation Commission shows that FLS Connect, LLC is a limited liability company in good standing located in Glendale, AZ. The Arizona Corporation Commission also lists two members: Tony Feather of St. Paul, MN, and, at the same address, Jeff Larson.

FLS Connect changed from Feather Hodges Larson & Synhorst, L.L.C. to FLS-DCI, L.L.C. on January 2, 2001, then to FLS, LLC on January 19, 2005, and finally to FLS Connect, LLC in May of 2006.

The Tangled Web of FLS Connect

Few want to talk about FLS Connect. One person I talked to said the group is commonly referred to as the “FLS Mafia.”

FLS Connect seems to control the RNC and controlled Team Romney to a degree.

FLS Connect was the phone vendor for Bush 2000, Bush-Cheney 2000, Bush-Cheney 2004, and McCain-Palin 2008. In 2008, the NRCC also sent a hefty chunk of money to FLS Connect.

ItsTime
03-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Clearly he needs new consultants....

Brian4Liberty
03-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Clearly he needs new consultants....

Kind of points to the conclusion that Rubio is nothing more than a shill, created by charlatans.

itshappening
03-21-2013, 07:06 PM
These people make millions whether the GOP win or lose. They will absolutely be out in force to derail Rand because he will put an end to their scams.