PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul on Fox News Sunday w/ Chris Wallace 3/24/13

jct74
03-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Joining us this next #FNS is @SenRandPaul. What would you like to hear Chris speak with the Senator about?

https://twitter.com/FoxNewsSunday/status/314466682896781312

update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=131i11RvkSU

itshappening
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Cool!

jct74
03-23-2013, 05:59 PM
bump

whoisjohngalt
03-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Tube or it didn't happen. +Rep being offered.

AlexAmore
03-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Tube or it didn't happen. +Rep being offered.

it didn't happen...yet. But since im feeling generous:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsCV9suclXIGEpANrNvfX7vKEU4xwOo uAOy3plQmwwTOA5eK3cWA

whoisjohngalt
03-23-2013, 06:16 PM
it didn't happen...yet. But since im feeling generous:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsCV9suclXIGEpANrNvfX7vKEU4xwOo uAOy3plQmwwTOA5eK3cWA

Oh this is only Saturday. I just woke up. Boy do I feel dumb. +Rep anyway for being clever.

supermario21
03-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Jennifer Rubin is going to be a panelist. I love how it always seems that if Rand is featured, either Kristol or Rubin is on.

Constitutional Paulicy
03-24-2013, 03:08 AM
It will be here online after the broadcast if someone fails to capture it....... http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-news-sunday-chris-wallace/index.html

Galileo Galilei
03-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Rand kicked butt.

Galileo Galilei
03-24-2013, 07:32 AM
One of the guests in the next segment, which had nothing to do with Rand Paul, mentioned Rand anyway. She said; "As your guest Rand Paul just said....".

Galileo Galilei
03-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Chris Wallace just mentioned Rand again, just threw his name in there out of the blue.

BTW - Wallace sure made Rand look great as the show began. Wow.

Galileo Galilei
03-24-2013, 07:45 AM
An exclusive interview with Senator Rand Paul (VIDEO)

'Fox News Sunday': March 23

WATCH VIDEO HERE:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2247981538001/coming-up-on-fox-news-sunday-march-23/?playlist_id=940325739001

DanK86
03-24-2013, 09:13 AM
sweet thanks for the video

supermario21
03-24-2013, 09:18 AM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul-makes-case-for-libertarian-approach-on-fox-marriage-neutral-tax-code-dont-jail-pot-users-etc/

I think this is the full video.

supermario21
03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
That hack Bryan Fischer is pissed over Rand's lax approach to marriage.

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanJFischer 40m
Sen. Paul, marriage tax laws CAN'T be neutral. Will wind up disfavoring man-woman marriage and kids. http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2013/03/paul-make-marriage-tax-laws-neutral-160077.html#.UU8Ox0RaVf0.twitter …

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanJFischer 39m
Sen. Paul wants to keep feds out of marriage business. Can't be done as long as feds hire people, grant spousal benefits.

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanJFischer 37m
Sen. Paul doesn't want send folks to jail for marijuana beef. Fine. Make 'em pay a fine, like we do for speeding tickets.

supermario21
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/24/1767241/rand-paul-is-right-on-marijuana-and-that-should-scare-democrats-into-action/

Here's another gem.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is one of America’s most radical ideologues. He endorsed a discredited, century-old Supreme Court decision that would give employers nearly limitless power to exploit their workers. He opposes bans on employment discrimination and on whites-only lunch counters. He backs nationwide anti-union legislation that would reduce both union and non-union wages by $1,500 a year. And he backs a dangerous constitutional amendment that would have doubled unemployment and caused the economy to shrink by 17 percent. Few, if any, politicians would do more harm to more people if given the opportunity to turn their preferences into law.
Which is why Democrats need to take his effort to outflank them on drug policy very, very seriously. In an interview with Fox News’ Chris Wallace this morning, Paul laid out an uncharacteristically sensible view of how the nation should approach drugs:
PAUL: The main thing I’ve said is not to legalize [drugs], but not to incarcerate people for extended periods of time. I’m working with Sen. Leahy. We have a bill on mandatory minimums. There are people in jail for 37, 50, 45 years for non-violent crimes. And that’s a huge mistake. Our prisons are full of non-violent criminals.
I don’t want to encourage people to do it. I think even marijuana is a bad thing to do. I think it takes away your incentive to work and show up and do the things you should be doing. I don’t think it’s a good idea. I don’t want to promote that. But I also don’t want to put people in jail who make a mistake. There’s a lot of young people who do this, then later on in their 20s they grow up and they get married and they quit doing things like this. I don’t want to put them in jail and ruin their lives.
Look, the last two presidents could conceivably have been put in jail for their drug use and I really think, you know, look what would have happened. It would have ruined their lives. They got lucky, but a lot of poor kids. particularly in the inner city, they don’t get lucky, they don’t have good attorneys, and they go to jail for these things, and I think it’s a big mistake.
Later in the same interview, Paul — a likely GOP presidential candidate in 2016 — is quite explicit about what he hopes to get out of staking out a sensible view on criminal justice: “someone like myself, I think, could appeal to young people, independents and moderates, because, many of them do think it is a mistake to put people in jail for marijuana use and throw away the key.”
Paul is right on both counts. Incarcerating people who commit minor drug crimes makes no sense, and his stance is a winning issue politically. In 2011, a poll found for the first time that fifty percent of the nation supports outright legalization of marijuana, compared to only 46 percent who oppose it. Among voters under 30, nearly two-thirds support legalization. Since this poll was taken, two states legalized marijuana for recreational use, and numerous others had previously legalized it for medical use. According to one poll, nearly three in four Americans believe the federal government should back off enforcement against people who comply with state marijuana laws.
So if Democrats cede this issue to the likes of Rand Paul, they will give up a powerful opportunity to engage with young voters — and potentially empower one of America’s most dangerous politicians in the process.
Of course, there is another, even more important reason why Democrats should work to liberalize America’s drug laws — Rand Paul is right that ruining people’s lives if they commit common youthful transgressions is immoral. But if Democrats cannot be moved to think sensibly on drugs because it is the right thing to do, the least they could do is think sensibly on drugs because it is in their selfish political interests to do so.

cheapseats
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
PAUL: The main thing I’ve said is not to legalize [drugs], but not to incarcerate people for extended periods of time.

Mighty white of him.

SHORTER periods of time are cool, correct?

I’m working with Sen. Leahy. We have a bill on mandatory minimums.

Micromanage failed micromanagement, rather than ELIMINATE federal minimum mandatory sentences...WHY?

"Justice Safety Valve Act of 2013" is legalistic and bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo for WE SCREWED UP, LET'S SLAP ANOTHER COAT OF PAINT ON IT.

ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo 21 Mar
@SenatorLeahy, @SenRandPaul: Why not REPEAL federal mandatory minimum sentences, rather than endeavor to MICROMANAGE FAILED MICROMANAGEMENT?

I don’t want to encourage people to do it. I think even marijuana is a bad thing to do. I think it takes away your incentive to work and show up and do the things you should be doing. I don’t think it’s a good idea. I don’t want to promote that. But I also don’t want to put people in jail who make a mistake.

Does Rand Paul drink alcohol?

FSP-Rebel
03-24-2013, 10:10 AM
Yep, Rand killed it in so many ways. Nice to see the lefties freaking out about his handling of certain social issues that he's becoming strong on. Heck, if he has his way, the GOP will become the key majority party for a while to come.

itshappening
03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Mighty white of him.

Micromanage failed micromanagement, rather than ELIMINATE federal minimum mandatory sentences...WHY?

"Justice Safety Valve Act of 2013" is legalistic and bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo for WE SCREWED UP, LET'S SLAP ANOTHER COAT OF PAINT ON IT.

@SenatorLeahy, @SenRandPaul: Why not REPEAL federal mandatory minimum sentences, rather than endeavor to MICROMANAGE FAILED MICROMANAGEMENT?

I think it's the only way to get something that can pass. Remember it has to go through the GOP controlled House which is mostly full of dinosaur congressman who have been there forever and would resist anything that looks like being soft on drugs.

cheapseats
03-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Yep, Rand killed it in so many ways.

Agreed.

Henceforth, I will be conscientious about staying out of his sub-forum unless I have something nice to say. This should NOT be interpreted at "coming around" but, rather, as tiptoeing around the "ban-hammer".

Unless I am warned otherwise, I assume Rand is still fair game in other sub-forums?

Please DO warn me if I am near the ban-line. I do not want to be banned again, at least not yet. I'm lookin' for someone.

jct74
03-24-2013, 11:28 AM
here is a tube:

if anyone wants to see how he was introduced here is the full video but the audio gets out of sync at the end:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFeqoFzAHBQ

T.hill
03-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Is Rand's bill to reduce mandatory sentence law's inclusive of all drug use? That would actually be pretty awesome. Rand has been explicit before with federal drug laws, he believes that all drugs should be decriminalized federally across the board, like Ron.

He won't stop with his current bill, he'll work to get all drugs decriminalized at the Federal level.

KurtBoyer25L
03-24-2013, 12:03 PM
Yo, Rand just came on Chris Wallace & said the last three presidents would have gone to jail if they weren't privileged kids with good lawyers. He also said that the left-right paradigm is f***ed. Anyone who thinks this guy is sold out is missing the forest for the trees.

itshappening
03-24-2013, 12:12 PM
the 'left-right paradigm' where did he get that from? He must listen to Alex Jones :)

FSP-Rebel
03-24-2013, 12:23 PM
Yo, Rand just came on Chris Wallace & said the last three presidents would have gone to jail if they weren't privileged kids with good lawyers. He also said that the left-right paradigm is f***ed. Anyone who thinks this guy is sold out is missing the forest for the trees.
what he said

abacabb
03-24-2013, 12:57 PM
the 'left-right paradigm' where did he get that from? He must listen to Alex Jones :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rQlegJyQuw

juleswin
03-24-2013, 01:25 PM
He hit a big homerun to anyone open minded and not wedded to the political establishment. But we still have to brace for when he would have to explain his pro life stance. Is he going to stick to life starts at conception meaning that even birth control is murder or is he going to back down a bit and be more reasonable?

DeadheadForPaul
03-24-2013, 02:26 PM
I find it jarring every time someone on Fox says that Rand is "left of Obama".

I wish Rand would challenge that more and say "I don't think there is anything conservative about spending billions on inmates who pose no danger to us"

Im glad he at least mentioned the left-right paradigm

Rand is kicking ass! Worth every cent

Danan
03-24-2013, 04:04 PM

The term is used to analyze political discourse since the 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_right_paradigm

abacabb
03-24-2013, 05:05 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_right_paradigm
The words "left" and "right" have that history, but Jones is the man that popularized using the terms with "paradigm" to convey that the terms are used to capture people's thinking and direct their thought patterns.

speciallyblend
03-24-2013, 05:22 PM
going to listen to this now, but i just want to remind the gop if they do not take these stances that rand is talking. They will not win in 2014 or in 2016 in colorado. understand gop? if not YOU WILL!! legal hemp, ending the failed drug war, legal medical and personal marijuana or state rights etc. If they do not present and represent these stances. Then the gop can pack up go home and forget ever winning colorado. repeat and rinse and show them our voter base over 20 years in colorado. BRING IT! Give Me Liberty!!!!

acptulsa
03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
He hit a big homerun to anyone open minded and not wedded to the political establishment. But we still have to brace for when he would have to explain his pro life stance. Is he going to stick to life starts at conception meaning that even birth control is murder or is he going to back down a bit and be more reasonable?

His father said life begins at conception, and defined conception as when the fertilized egg attaches to the uterus wall. This not only does not make birth control 'murder' but (since it takes the fertilized egg a day or two to attach) it means the 'morning after pill' isn't 'murder' either.

That said, I do believe he'd be as likely to leave it up to the states as his father intended to do.

Danan
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
The words "left" and "right" have that history, but Jones is the man that popularized using the terms with "paradigm" to convey that the terms are used to capture people's thinking and direct their thought patterns.

The article is especially about the term "left right paradigm" and the quote refers to the term itself. Alex Jones is not the one who coined the phrase. But there is a seperate thread about that topic already...

Slutter McGee
03-24-2013, 06:23 PM
Mighty white of him.

SHORTER periods of time are cool, correct?

Baby Steps bud. You have been here long enough to know that Rand phrases things and bends his views just enough to get conservatives to come over to a more libertarian way of thinking.

And its working.

I used to get into email battles about Ron with a bank president I work with. But guess what. He loves Rand. Even statements like this. And its all because of how Rand says it.

But you know this. And still insist on posting silly comments like above.

Slutter McGee

supermario21
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah. People in Kentucky were and are still apprehensive about legalizing industrial hemp for crying out loud despite McConnell, Rand, Massie, and Yarmuth all behind it. Gotta go slowly but surely with issues like this, and it's working well.

J_White
03-24-2013, 11:22 PM
all in all a good interview.
though he got some of the same attacks like "not mainstream enough" and "left of Obama" and "libertarian", he handled it fine.
i wish he would use "constitutional conservative" more.

spladle
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
all in all a good interview.
though he got some of the same attacks like "not mainstream enough" and "left of Obama" and "libertarian", he handled it fine.
i wish he would use "constitutional conservative" more.

The problem is, people like Michele Bachmann and Mark Levin have hijacked "constitutional conservative," so unless he wants to be lumped in with them, he's got to go with something else. If "libertarian" continues to be a dirty word in the public mind, there's really no way he'll have a shot in the first place, so it's probably best to try and get in front of the label and make it mean what he wants it to mean a few years out.

anaconda
03-25-2013, 01:27 AM

I noticed that to. And was LOVING IT!

I do wish that Rand would have corrected Mr. Wallace about being "to the left of Obama" on drone policy. I would have liked to hear him say something to the effect of "Standing for due process and the Constitution puts me light years to the right of President Obama on drone policy.."

Bastiat's The Law
03-25-2013, 03:29 AM
I find it jarring every time someone on Fox says that Rand is "left of Obama".

I wish Rand would challenge that more and say "I don't think there is anything conservative about spending billions on inmates who pose no danger to us"

Im glad he at least mentioned the left-right paradigm

Rand is kicking ass! Worth every cent

And you know who pound the table with that statement repeatedly? The neocons. They love trying to paint people who are on the liberty side of the paradigm into some kind of radical liberal. That might be accurate in a classical liberal sense, but nobody knows the liberty vs. tyranny paradigm. They only know the red team vs. blue team paradigm, which utterly confuses the public because politicians of both stripes are often at odds with true liberty positions and it leaves them scratching their heads trying to figure out where they belong. I'm glad Rand acknowledges the real paradigm and is keen to it.

itshappening
03-25-2013, 05:26 AM
The article is especially about the term "left right paradigm" and the quote refers to the term itself. Alex Jones is not the one who coined the phrase. But there is a seperate thread about that topic already...

He may not of coined the phrase (who did? Wikipedia doesn't say and Alex was using it before wikipedia existed) but unless you read academic journals or study political science you would not hear it in public discourse. Only Alex Jones has spoken about it in public discourse for years and now Rand has brought it to an even bigger audience.

July
03-25-2013, 06:06 AM

I do wish that Rand would have corrected Mr. Wallace about being "to the left of Obama" on drone policy. I would have liked to hear him say something to the effect of "Standing for due process and the Constitution puts me light years to the right of President Obama on drone policy.."

I loved the way he answered that question. Wallace said he was also "to the right" of Paul Ryan on the budget. Rand showed he could have bipartisan support and appeal to a wider swath of people across party lines, in the blue and purple states, etc. Which is true. That may not be on the minds of the primary voting base at the moment, but I'll bet it's on the minds of potential donors and party leaders at this stage of the game. He used it as an opportunity the challenge the left/right paradigm but in a way that was really hard to argue with or paint as fringe. I liked some of his other responses as well. Like his answer to question about his budget only getting 18 votes, and the e-verify question.

Slutter McGee
03-25-2013, 07:20 AM

agreed. not a bad answer he gave at all, but I wish he had said that or something like "I am sorry, but I think standing for the constitution is a conservative issue. Look at who was standing with me."

Slutter McGee