PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Leaving Colorado After Gun Control Bills Signed

RonPaulFanInGA
03-20-2013, 01:00 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/erie-news/ci_22831493/erie-based-magpul-set-leave-colorado-after-magazine

Taking their 200 jobs and $85 million dollars it would have generated over the next year alone elsewhere.

itshappening
03-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Good on them!

belian78
03-20-2013, 01:08 PM
The people in the comments crack me up. Telling a company that forks over the amount of taxdollars they do, to a city/state that already has budget issues 'so long and good riddance' is well.. it's just not smart.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Well, they did warn them.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 02:03 PM
The people in the comments crack me up. Telling a company that forks over the amount of taxdollars they do, to a city/state that already has budget issues 'so long and good riddance' is well.. it's just not smart.

This just will not end until there is secession, and the seceding states or territories manage their immigration and access to ballots.

fisharmor
03-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Does anyone have an account with that site?
We need to start framing the terms in this debate.
There are almost zero "high capacity magazines" in the market.
They are almost all standard capacity magazines,and lawmakers are trying to replace them with low capacity magazines.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
South Park came true. New Jersey gun controls nuts really did take over Colorado :(
http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e09-its-a-jersey-thing

Christian Liberty
03-20-2013, 02:14 PM
This just will not end until there is secession, and the seceding states or territories manage their immigration and access to ballots.
To be fair, this is a state level thing so how is this going to help here?

Granted, I'm pro-secession of anything. I just hope the more libertarian states are decent on immigration, at least for fellow libertarians. I don't want to get stuck in NYS. But I don't see how it would help here.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2013, 02:16 PM

Granted, I'm pro-secession of anything. I just hope the more libertarian states are decent on immigration, at least for fellow libertarians. I don't want to get stuck in NYS. But I don't see how it would help here.
Well if NYC left NY, that would help free the folks in NY.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 02:47 PM

Because there is now a split population.

Let the authoritarian collectivists go their own way, and us, ours.

I will not "compromise" any more of my liberty away.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Well if NYC left NY, that would help free the folks in NY.

FWIW I sent Magpul an email extolling the virtues of NH.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2013, 02:54 PM
FWIW I sent Magpul an email extolling the virtues of NH.

Awesome, there is also a Facebook page and several Republican NH State Reps contacted the company. My guess is it will move somewhere closer because that would be a lot less expensive. There is a company in MD thinking about moving. Maybe also companies in NY and CT. Those would be more likely to move to NH but every bit helps!

My Turn: Restrictions on gun rights are unconstitutional
By Rep. JR HOELL
For the Monitor
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
(Published in print: Wednesday, March 20, 2013)

By far, the firearms industry in New Hampshire generates more revenue per capita and employs more people per capita than the firearms industry in every other state. In New Hampshire, there are more than 5,100 people with an average pay of over $60,000 working in the firearms and ancillary industries generating more than $1.09 billion of economic activity, according to the National Shooting Sports Association...

puppetmaster
03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Because there is now a split population.

Let the authoritarian collectivists go their own way, and us, ours.

I will not "compromise" any more of my liberty away.

I agree but they want to take us down with them......lol
I laugh at the thought of these clowns trying to survive as a country......

QuickZ06
03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Now the big question is, where are they going?

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Awesome, there is also a Facebook page and several Republican NH State Reps contacted the company. My guess is it will move somewhere closer because that would be a lot less expensive. There is a company in MD thinking about moving. Maybe also companies in NY and CT. Those would be more likely to move to NH but every bit helps!

By far, the firearms industry in New Hampshire generates more revenue per capita and employs more people per capita than the firearms industry in every other state. In New Hampshire, there are more than 5,100 people with an average pay of over $60,000 working in the firearms and ancillary industries generating more than $1.09 billion of economic activity, according to the National Shooting Sports Association.

That's good info, I did not know that.

Sucks that SW pulled Thompson Center Arms out of the state, just passed by there and the whole complex has been demolished. :(