PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul make you cry?

Ginobili
11-24-2007, 03:56 AM
Ok, after listening to a debate, it brought a tear to my eye, and now im afraid I might be... weird or something. SO, eh, heres the poll, bash me, do w/e, this is in a "other" thread so its completely relevant to the thread (Which has no real relevance to anything).

Have fun.

RPFTW!
11-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Yep, back during that fox news debate when RP showed so much courage under fire, and when the Paulites in the audience helped him out with all their applause i watered up some

pcosmar
11-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Yeah, but good tears
It was the joy of seeing Hope reborn.

sergeant_x
11-24-2007, 09:47 AM
You're definitely weird. But then, so am I. And I'd wager that a big chunk of the folks here can't avoid the emotional exuberance of finally finding some hope for things getting better.

Conza88
11-24-2007, 09:50 AM
"Tears" though... connotates like we're wimps... But NOT this lot..
We shed a tear, pick up the GUN, then go fight the 'man' for Liberty, Honor and Freedom!!

“Revolutions are brought about by men, who think as men of action and act as men of thought.”
~ Kwame Nkrumah

sergeant_x
11-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Yep, back during that fox news debate when RP showed so much courage under fire, and when the Paulites in the audience helped him out with all their applause i watered up some

You know, the really cool thing about it all, for me, was the sort of obvious inevitability of the truth that RP dared utter. You could just tell that, despite the boos of the audience, despite Giuliani's pantomimed outrage, despite the derision of the press, the TRUTH of what he was saying had just busted through to helluva lot people.

The catharsis of what he did, essentially giving a big honking middle finger to the Republican leadership on national TV, is what this whole thing is about for me. But I also think Dr. Paul can win, and for first time in my life (43) I can vote for someone who has a chance to win.

sedele
11-24-2007, 09:57 AM
I choked up when I first read this slim jim that I got at the Philly rally. I was home trying to go to sleep, saw it on the floor of my room, picked it up and I read it.

Def one of those rare moments because I really don't ever get like that.

I praise the Lord Jesus for His Divine Providence on this man.

http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/catalog/slimjim2.jpg

Brent
11-24-2007, 10:19 AM
When I saw the enthusiasm of the RP supporters holding signs and chanting RON PAUL I got a lump in my throat and if he wins the nomination and especially the presidency I will cry

constituent
11-24-2007, 10:23 AM
I choked up when I first read this slim jim that I got at the Philly rally. I was home trying to go to sleep, saw it on the floor of my room, picked it up and I read it.

little comma crazy on that there slim jim.

ShowMeLiberty
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I've been teary plenty of times. It's not just Dr. Paul - all of us supporters as well. When I saw how many people were at the Philly Rally, that got me. Several of the YouTube videos bring tears to my eyes every time I watch them. When I read personal success stories about getting new people to become RP supporters, I tear up.

I think it's a combination of fear for the current direction of our country and hope for a different, better future if Dr. Paul wins that makes me so emotional. Also just knowing that there are so many others who feel the same way in America and all around the world.

Perry
11-24-2007, 11:29 AM
On many occasions. Mostly happy tears of course and usually when the crowds are cheering him on.

VoteRonPaul2008
11-24-2007, 01:07 PM
I got teary eyed when I saw a video made by one of his supporters, I'm only 21 years old.. all my life when people talked about "honoring politicians" it was something I never understood until now.. This is the first time there is a candidate running that I truly believe in who deserves be "honored" Paul is a great man and I will do everything in my power to get him elected

Matt Collins
11-24-2007, 05:35 PM
This is anonymous, right? After all real men don't cry! ;-)

Perry
11-24-2007, 05:36 PM
This is anonymous, right? After all real men don't cry! ;-)

Don't worry you've got the shades on man we can't see your eyes.

kylejack
11-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Land of the Free makes me misty. So does A New Hope.

Lois
11-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I can't remember which debate it was -- where Ron Paul got up and walked toward the audience and gave his "No Pre-Emptive Wars" speech, I got some kind of chills, and I've cried over a lot of videos. And once or twice, I actually experienced elation and visualized Ron Paul winning the Presidency.

Corydoras
11-24-2007, 08:27 PM
It's funny how so many politicians would give away an arm and a leg to be able to stir people's hopes and happiness the way Ron Paul moves us. And yet Ron Paul is so humble, and he does not seek that kind of reaction in the slightest. Or as he says:

"People come up to me in Congress and they say, 'How do you get people to put up signs for you all over the place?' and I tell them, 'I don't know, they just do!'"

Fox McCloud
11-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Amen to thank! I thank him for Ron Paul too.

I'm not an emotional person at all, and I never fully understood what Patriotism was....but the very very very first video I watched of Ron Paul ("Ron Paul: Stop Dreaming") made me misty eyed....same way with a 1-3 others....and as I said, I'm not an emotional person, at all.

livinitup
11-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Just wanted to add to this thread... Read the article his wife wrote that is posted ronpaul2008.com. It's right out of a story book... The happy ending is the presidency.

Lexx78
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
He made me smile so far, the day he will be President I will cry from happiness... :o