PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Amazon and CIA ink cloud deal

sailingaway
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
CIA seems incredibly naive, sometimes.

http://fcw.com/articles/2013/03/18/amazon-cia-cloud.aspx

kahless
03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Amazon is getting way too cozy with DC lobbyists for my liking. They are a supporter of the 'Marketplace Fairness Act' to use the federal government to stomp out their small business competition since they have the resources to handle 10,000 local tax jurisdiction regulations and they know SMB's do not.

Amazon has become the epitome of corporatism. So I suspect there is more going on with them and the feds than just this contract. I expect their actions going forward will become a regular topic of conversation here.

MRK
03-20-2013, 06:03 PM
Amazon is getting way too cozy with DC lobbyists for my liking. They are a supporter of the 'Marketplace Fairness Act' to use the federal government to stomp out their small business competition since they have the resources to handle 10,000 local tax jurisdiction regulations and they know SMB's do not.

Amazon has become the epitome of corporatism. So I suspect there is more going on with them and the feds than just this contract. I expect their actions going forward will become a regular topic of conversation here.

They send 1099s to the IRS for your convenience, lol. I read they do it after 20k in sales. But im way less than that and just got notified I need to confirm my address for my 1099. Thanks for being proactive and projecting my 20k in sales before it happens, Amazon ;)