PDA

View Full Version : Will Rand campaign with McConnell if a conservative primary candidate steps up?

ronaldo23
03-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I know he would campaign for Mitch in the general, but what about the primary?

and on a different note, what if old Mitch lost to a Democrat? (I know it's unlikely, and I'm assuming it would only happen if Ashley Judd doesn't run, since she would get trounced.) Would it be beneficial or hurt Rand if his Kentucky Senate colleague was a democrat. I'm thinking perhaps it could help him demonstrate his bipartisan streak and be helpful to be the senior senator from kentucky

FSP-Rebel
03-20-2013, 10:45 AM
He's supporting him in the primary especially as is TMass.

supermario21
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM
It would hurt Rand if McConnell did anything but destroy both his primary and general election challenger.

itshappening
03-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes he's going to campaign with him, raise money with him and do what it takes to help him win if needs be in either a primary or general as will every member of the GOP caucus. McConnell is their leader.

jbauer
03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
yep he's going to help him. you don't get to be the republican nominee in 16 if you activley help boot the senate minority leader in 14

Matt Collins
03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Ron endorsed some bad people too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KmJqSLNy8ms

FSP-Rebel
03-20-2013, 11:14 AM
No reason to bring Ron into this.

jmdrake
03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
At this point I'd rather see Rand help take out Lindsey Graham than to go restart a feud with McConnell. LG is pubic enemy number one. (And yes that's the way I meant to spell it.)

itshappening
03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
At this point I'd rather see Rand help take out Lindsey Graham than to go restart a feud with McConnell. LG is pubic enemy number one. (And yes that's the way I meant to spell it.)

He probably won't because he's an incumbent and that is just bad policy. Ron could help whoever is the Graham challenger by holding fundraisers in TX or even visiting SC. I hope he will

ronaldo23
03-20-2013, 11:28 AM
but what about a scenario where rand campaigned, went through all the required motions, and mcconnell still lost to a democrat. How would that play out for Rand's senate and presidential ambitions?

FSP-Rebel
03-20-2013, 11:31 AM
but what about a scenario where rand campaigned, went through all the required motions, and mcconnell still lost to a democrat. How would that play out for Rand's senate and presidential ambitions?
McConnell is in good shape as far as I can tell. His reelection is in a midterm and he's had very little issue with reelection over the years. Plus, he's stacked with money.

Matt Collins
03-20-2013, 12:10 PM
No reason to bring Ron into this.

It's helpful to point out that even Ron supported some real turds because he didn't have a political choice in the matter.