PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Dept of Corrections Executive Director Shot and Killed At His Home

SeanTX
03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
I can't imagine why anyone would want to do such a thing ... :p

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Deputies-Investigating-Shooting-in--199087341.html

Posted: Tue 8:38 PM, Mar 19, 2013

Dept. Of Corrections Director Slain At Home, Vehicle Of Interest Sought

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office now has a vehicle of interest related to the murder to the executive director of the Colorado Department of Corrections.

Tom Clements, 58, was identified as the victim in a deadly shooting Tuesday night in northern El Paso County. He was shot and killed at his home near Monument.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says someone rang the doorbell at Clements' home on the 17000 block of Colonial Park Drive Tuesday evening. When Clements answered--he was shot.

When deputies responded to the scene following a family member's 911 call, Clements was already dead.

A witness told authorities that they saw a suspicious-looking vehicle parked at Colonial Park Drive and Scarsbrooke Court at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, around the time Clements was shot. Just minutes later, the witness saw the vehicle traveling west on nearby Higby Road, then turning south on Jackson Creek Road.

SNIP

The Sheriff's Office is going house-to-house Wednesday to interview neighbors about what they know about the shooting. A search team is currently combing the wooded area around Clements' home. A K-9 team first searched the area Tuesday night.

The Sheriff's Office says they don't have any information on who the suspect might be, and are urging people in the Monument area and elsewhere to be "aware of their surroundings."

Before moving to Colorado, Clements spent 31 years working for the Missouri Department of Corrections. He was appointed to the head of DOC by Governor John Hickenlooper in January 2011.

thoughtomator
03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Live by the sword...

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 10:04 AM
drug deal gone bad?

tod evans
03-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Cleaning up the neighborhood sounds like.

PaulConventionWV
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
I can't imagine why anyone would want to do such a thing ... :p

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Deputies-Investigating-Shooting-in--199087341.html

Posted: Tue 8:38 PM, Mar 19, 2013

Dept. Of Corrections Director Slain At Home, Vehicle Of Interest Sought

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office now has a vehicle of interest related to the murder to the executive director of the Colorado Department of Corrections.

Tom Clements, 58, was identified as the victim in a deadly shooting Tuesday night in northern El Paso County. He was shot and killed at his home near Monument.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office says someone rang the doorbell at Clements' home on the 17000 block of Colonial Park Drive Tuesday evening. When Clements answered--he was shot.

When deputies responded to the scene following a family member's 911 call, Clements was already dead.

A witness told authorities that they saw a suspicious-looking vehicle parked at Colonial Park Drive and Scarsbrooke Court at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, around the time Clements was shot. Just minutes later, the witness saw the vehicle traveling west on nearby Higby Road, then turning south on Jackson Creek Road.

SNIP

The Sheriff's Office is going house-to-house Wednesday to interview neighbors about what they know about the shooting. A search team is currently combing the wooded area around Clements' home. A K-9 team first searched the area Tuesday night.

The Sheriff's Office says they don't have any information on who the suspect might be, and are urging people in the Monument area and elsewhere to be "aware of their surroundings."

Before moving to Colorado, Clements spent 31 years working for the Missouri Department of Corrections. He was appointed to the head of DOC by Governor John Hickenlooper in January 2011.

I bet you they wouldn't go door to door to interview neighbors if it was a mundane that got killed. It would have disappeared into the paperwork, especially if they were killed by a cop, in which case procedure would have undoubtedly been followed, as per the report.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I bet you they wouldn't go door to door to interview neighbors if it was a mundane that got killed. It would have disappeared into the paperwork, especially if they were killed by a cop, in which case procedure would have undoubtedly been followed, as per the report.

John Q. Public was murdered at his home tonight. Investigation is proceeding. We have no motive at this point.
(We could care more, lol.) ( Nor will we ever, unless it benefits us.)

paulbot24
03-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Live by the sword...

Hey! This is America! Wait a minute, now I'm totally confused.

COpatriot
03-20-2013, 06:59 PM
This is just a few miles north of where I live. This guy was appointed by the governor not too long ago and this happened on the same day he signed this new bullshit gun legislation into law.

paulbot24
03-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Apparently his legislation is not working.

COpatriot
03-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Apparently his legislation is not working.

What are you some gun nut domestic terrorist?

Reported.

fr33
03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Live by the sword...

Dammit. When I saw the title I was going to post that.

fr33
03-21-2013, 05:09 PM
There's been a shoot out and car chase across 2 counties where I live. They suspect he might be involved in this Colorado murder.

http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=national&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57575695/police-texas-shootout-may-be-linked-to-colo-officials-slaying/&feed_id=1&videoid=37&catid=57575695

If so that dude's been driving ever since he shot the Coloradan.

Zippyjuan
03-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Different link: http://enews.earthlink.net/article/top?guid=20130321/05cdaa9d-5172-4265-970a-41c56f68f366

Texas shootout may tie to Colo. prison chief death

DECATUR, Texas (AP) — A man who may be linked to the slaying of Colorado's state prison chief led authorities in Texas on a harrowing, 100-mph car chase Thursday that ended after he crashed into a semi and then opened fire before being shot down by his pursuers, authorities said.

The man is still unidentified and is "basically legally deceased" while still hooked up to equipment for organ harvesting at a Fort Worth hospital, Wise County Sheriff David Walker told an afternoon news conference in Decatur.

The possible link to the Tuesday night slaying of Colorado prison director Tom Clements is tentative but intriguing enough to put Colorado investigators on a plane to Texas. The black Cadillac the man drove, with Colorado license plates, matches the description of a car spotted outside Clements' home just before the Department of Corrections chief was fatally shot while answering his front door.

"We don't know yet exactly whether this is the guy," Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper told reporters Thursday afternoon. "There's some indication. I hope it is."

A deputy in Montague County, Texas, tried to pull the Cadillac over at about 11 a.m. Thursday on a routine traffic stop, though officials wouldn't elaborate on the reason.

The driver opened fire on the deputy, wounding him, Walker said. He then fled south before crashing into a semi as he tried to elude his pursuers.

Walker says Colorado investigators are heading to Texas to determine whether the man is connected to Clements' killing. The wounded deputy was wearing a bulletproof vest and is at a Fort Worth hospital, authorities said. Officials earlier said he wasn't seriously injured, but now say his condition is unknown.

Decatur Police Chief Rex Hoskins said the man appeared to be a white man in his 30s. The man shot at Hoskins four times as the chief tried to set up a road block to halt him. The man left his car after it crashed and opened fire on the authorities around him, Hoskins said.

"He wasn't planning on being taken alive," Hoskins said. In a brief interview, he added that the man had no identification on him.

El Paso County, Colo., sheriff's investigators have been looking for a dark, late-model car, possibly a Lincoln or a Cadillac, that a neighbor spotted near Clements' home around the time of the shooting. Lt. Jeff Kramer refused to say what other clues may have been found after Clements' neighborhood was canvassed by officers.

fr33
03-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Denver-area man linked to Texas car chase, Colo. slaying (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57575723/denver-man-linked-to-texas-car-chase-colo-slaying/)

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2013/03/21/crash-split_620x350.jpg

Anti Federalist
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
A deputy in Montague County, Texas, tried to pull the Cadillac over at about 11 a.m. Thursday on a routine traffic stop, though officials wouldn't elaborate on the reason.

Bullshit.

They knew exactly who to stop and what vehicle they were looking for, I'm just not sure what unconstitutional "Matrix" type surveillance system they were using.

Origanalist
03-21-2013, 10:10 PM
Bullshit.

They knew exactly who to stop and what vehicle they were looking for, I'm just not sure what unconstitutional "Matrix" type surveillance system they were using.

And they aren't about to let on....

fr33
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Bullshit.

I heard on the radio earlier that it was a suspected "drug stop". Could be one of those disinformation type of reports to make the locals instantly hate him.

Anti Federalist
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
And they aren't about to let on....

Nope, not until its been going on long enough and enough time has passed so that the tiny little bit of protest will be squelched by bleating:

"What are you so upset about? We've been doing this for ye-e-e-ears now."

...when it finally does get revealed what abomination they used to track that vehicle and driver from the second they got a "hit" on it.

My initial guess is a high resolution surveillance camera and OnStar.

Anti Federalist
03-21-2013, 10:17 PM
I heard on the radio earlier that it was a suspected "drug stop". Could be one of those disinformation type of reports to make the locals instantly hate him.

Oh, it went from a "routine traffic stop" to a "drug bust" eh?

Yeah, this was some high tech Matrix abomination, rolled out all the more quickly, since it was one of the system's own that got whacked.