PDA

View Full Version : yet another Black Friday news story

chipvogel
11-24-2007, 03:09 AM
Ron Paul campaign hits mall

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/nov/24/ron-paulcampaignhits-mall/

Unsolicited direct-mail advertising from Paul's campaign showed up last week in some Evansville mailboxes. And the Texas congressman is relying heavily on a grass-roots network of volunteers organized via Internet "meetups." One such group of Paul's Evansville supporters campaigned at Eastland Mall on Friday to reach holiday shoppers.

Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director, said Paul is running a 50-state campaign, with traditional efforts in the early-primary states and nontraditional approaches elsewhere.

Austin
11-24-2007, 03:37 AM
Great, nice to see some activity in my state.

walt
11-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Ron Paul campaign hits mall

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/nov/24/ron-paulcampaignhits-mall/

Unsolicited direct-mail advertising from Paul's campaign showed up last week in some Evansville mailboxes. And the Texas congressman is relying heavily on a grass-roots network of volunteers organized via Internet "meetups." One such group of Paul's Evansville supporters campaigned at Eastland Mall on Friday to reach holiday shoppers.

Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director, said Paul is running a 50-state campaign, with traditional efforts in the early-primary states and nontraditional approaches elsewhere.

Please tell me this is a joke. If the campaign is actually sending direct mail to Evansville Indiana (PRIMARY MAY, 2008) instead of oh every potential voter in Iowa, we a doomed due a gross misallocation of resources.

Austin
11-24-2007, 04:25 AM
Please tell me this is a joke. If the campaign is actually sending direct mail to Evansville Indiana (PRIMARY MAY, 2008) instead of oh every potential voter in Iowa, we a doomed due a gross misallocation of resources.

Normally, I would side with you on this. However, I think it was very smart to send out the mailers now, due to the recent surge of media attention on the Liberty Dollar, whose base just so happened to be in Evansville, IN.

Very good move by the campaign, in my opinion. I doubt they sent any mail to other cities.

TechnoGuyRob
11-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Previously, Liberty Dollar's monetary architect, Bernard von NotHaus, donated a total $2,299 to Paul's presidential campaign, Federal Election Commission records show.

I wonder if he mailed in his last dollar: a liberty dollar? :D