PDA

View Full Version : Road raging cop causes accident. Doesn't get cited.

green73
03-20-2013, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HROigWi-CcU
http://youtu.be/HROigWi-CcU

An enraged cop was caught on video committing an act of road rage in a patrol car before fleeing the scene of the accident he had caused on a South Carolina highway.

But rest assured, the overwhelming video evidence against the cop left police no choice but to ticket him.

Kidding.

No, what actually happened was that the responding cops who arrived on the scene and were prepared to cite, if not arrest, Chad Walton, the man who shot the video.

That is, until Walton showed them the video.

“Once they saw the video, everybody’s mood changed,” Walton said in a telephone interview with Photography is Not a Crime.

“I know for a fact that if I had not shot that video, I would be assaulted for assault.”

The incident took place Monday as Walton was driving his truck down the freeway and came across an Onslow County Sheriff’s deputy driving about 50 mph in the fast lane of a two-lane highway where the speed limit is 60 mph.

Onslow County is actually in North Carolina, but the deputy was in South Carolina to do some training, which he obviously lacked.

The deputy was pacing another car in the outside lane, making it impossible for any other cars to pass, so Walton flashed his high beams to get the deputy to switch lanes.

“When I did that, he checked his brakes,” Walton said. “Then I could see him yelling and cursing through the rear view mirror.”

That was when he began video recording with his phone.

“I had a feeling he was going to do something crazy. I was in fear for my life.”

About two miles later, the highway opened up to three lanes and Walton was able to pass the cars.

But the cop pulled in front of him and slammed on his brakes, causing Walton to hit him from behind. Then he drove off, leaving Walton’s bumper damaged.

Walton turned off the camera in order to call 911.

Walton remained on the phone with dispatchers with the deputy following close behind. He exited the highway and pulled into a mall and had North Charleston police meet him there.

The Onslow County deputy pulled up behind him and stepped out of the car, acting as if nothing had happened.

The North Charleston officers immediately began yelling at Walton, ordering him to stand by his car while they conversed with the deputy.

“They were treating me like I was the criminal even though I was still on the phone with 911,” he said.

After about five minutes of listening to the deputy, the cops swaggered over to Walton, looking as if they were going to arrest him.

That was when he showed them his video.

The officers had no choice but to find the deputy at fault in their accident report, but that still wasn’t enough for them to write him an actual citation.

“If I had done that to that cop, I would be arrested on a whole slew of charges,” he said.

http://www.photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/03/19/south-carolina-cops-refuse-to-cite-deputy/

Origanalist
03-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Well, he's just lucky he wasn't tazered.......

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Deputy eh, don't you guys worship deputies? You know the only form of law enforcement that is sanctioned by the constitution. It doesn't matter if it's a cop or a constitutionally sanctioned deputy sheriff, you guys hate all law enforcement period. Self righteous hypocrites.

Origanalist
03-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Deputy eh, don't you guys worship deputies? You know the only form of law enforcement that is sanctioned by the constitution. It doesn't matter if it's a cop or a constitutionally sanctioned deputy sheriff, you guys hate all law enforcement period. Self righteous hypocrites.

Now that is funny, thanks for making my day. Well, it's off to work for me, strictly cash you know..........

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Now that is funny, thanks for making my day. Well, it's off to work for me, strictly cash you know..........

Yea, wouldn't want a leach to pay his fare share of taxes now would we?

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Yea, wouldn't want a leach to pay his fare share of taxes now would we?

If by 'fare share of taxes" you mean "revenue to commit wars of aggression abroad and at home" then no I don't really want him paying into it.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 07:28 AM
If by 'fare share of taxes" you mean "revenue to commit wars of aggression abroad and at home" then no I don't really want him paying into it.

As long as we have been a country we have had taxes, just because they're being used for something other than what they need to be used for doesn't mean we can all stop paying them. Do I like where my tax money goes, nope, but, I also don't feel like going to club FED either.

coastie
03-20-2013, 07:39 AM
As long as we have been a country we have had taxes, just because they're being used for something other than what they need to be used for doesn't mean we can all stop paying them. Do I like where my tax money goes, nope, but, I also don't feel like going to club FED either.

Once again, your true colors/priorities shine through. Its trully entertaining watching you go back and forth on yourself in every other thread, THEN go calling others hippocrites....

Im off to my CASH paying job now as well. Gonna make 2k this week. Bet that burns your ass.

You are the only leech here.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Once again, your true colors/priorities shine through. Its trully entertaining watching you go back and forth on yourself in every other thread, THEN go calling others hippocrites....

Im off to my CASH paying job now as well. Gonna make 2k this week. Bet that burns your ass.

You are the only leech here.

You're so right coastie, that really does burn my ass. /sarcasm I can honestly say, I pay my taxes and when the government comes looking for you, well lets just say, I hope you wash that ass of yours, you're gonna make some man very happy. So if that's considered being a leech then so be it.

And since we're busy boasting about money, I'm on course to clear six figures. God, I love being a leech.

jkr
03-20-2013, 08:00 AM

i h8 anyone who violates the natural rights of others guaranteed by the constitution and the blood of patriots...you know, the source of your "authority"

I dont care what costume you put on. i dont care what colors you wear. i dont care what set your claiming.
we dont need you or any other bullies stepping on our neck.
your job is a privilege that we enable
never forget that
so, do your job properly or be fired

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
one suggestion for those considering doing what that driver did...don't. Move to the right, slow down, take a few deep breaths, and let that asshole go on his merry way and hope he remembers its time for a donut and pulls off the freeway.

green73
03-20-2013, 08:06 AM
You're so right coastie, that really does burn my ass. /sarcasm I can honestly say, I pay my taxes and when the government comes looking for you, well lets just say, I hope you wash that ass of yours, you're gonna make some man very happy. So if that's considered being a leech then so be it.

And since we're busy boasting about money, I'm on course to clear six figures. God, I love being a leech.

What a surprise, you're a complete fucking asshole.

AgentforPathfinder
03-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Wait... I didn't see an accident?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:07 AM
i h8 anyone who violates the natural rights of others guaranteed by the constitution and the blood of patriots...you know, the source of your "authority"

I dont care what costume you put on. i dont care what colors you wear. i dont care what set your claiming.
we dont need you or any other bullies stepping on our neck.
your job is a privilege that we enable
never forget that
so, do your job properly or be fired

If by we enable you mean lawbreakers then I should thank you and I implore you to keep breaking the laws so that I may continue to have a job. Thank you again, Citizen.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:09 AM
What a surprise, you're a complete fucking asshole.

Treat others as they have treated you, I have respected the people of this place, but to constantly be disrespected, you can't expect me to play mr. nice guy constantly. Do you see me getting pissy with anyone that has showed a little respect, nope, you haven't.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 08:16 AM

Many were saying that when we paid taxes to the Crown of England.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Treat others as they have treated you, I have respected the people of this place, but to constantly be disrespected, you can't expect me to play mr. nice guy constantly. Do you see me getting pissy with anyone that has showed a little respect, nope, you haven't.

contempt of an internet cop...funny shit right there.

and so the US vs THEM game plays on. I wonder who will win?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:22 AM
contempt of an internet cop...funny shit right there.

and so the US vs THEM game plays on. I wonder who will win?

No, this is me dropping the badge and defending myself as a human being, simple as that. Do unto others as you want done unto you. Obviously those that want to start slinging insults because I'm a cop, that's the only reason they're slinging them to begin with, obviously want to be disrespected in return. Simple as that.

jkr
03-20-2013, 08:24 AM
If by we enable you mean lawbreakers then I should thank you and I implore you to keep breaking the laws so that I may continue to have a job. Thank you again, Citizen.

NO DUMBASS WE grant YOU YOUR "POWER"

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? didnt suck up enough of other peoples money this year?!?

gonna clear six figures huh? how many people went without so you could dress up pretty and be a thug? where did that cash come from?
why do you get to make more than someone who actually produces a product or service people want?

it must be nice to have a job weather your services are needed or not.
i have to find customers that want to freely exchange their hard earned labor for my skills, you should try it.

you ASSUME WAY too MUCH.
you are a public servant, act like it.

YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
NO DUMBASS WE grant YOU YOUR "POWER"

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? didnt suck up enough of other peoples money this year?!?

gonna clear six figures huh? how many people went without so you could dress up pretty and be a thug? where did that cash come from?
why do you get to make more than someone who actually produces a product or service people want?

it must be nice to have a job weather your services are needed or not.
i have to find customers that want to freely exchange their hard earned labor for my skills, you should try it.

you ASSUME WAY too MUCH.
you are a public servant, act like it.

YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL

You don't grant a fucking thing, You better get that through your thick ass skull. Your name isn't on my paycheck, your name doesn't mean a damn thing to me. Now, when you start signing my paychecks, then maybe I'll listen to you.

Clearing that six figures has me also working on my days off for other companies that hire cops to do security detail. That six figures doesn't come from your tax money son, so don't worry where i make my money.

Root
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM

You do not pay taxes like most of us do, since the source of your pay is derived from taxes to begin with.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
You don't grant a fucking thing, You better get that through your thick ass skull. Your name isn't on my paycheck, your name doesn't mean a damn thing to me. Now, when you start signing my paychecks, then maybe I'll listen to you.

Clearing that six figures has me also working on my days off for other companies that hire cops to do security detail. That six figures doesn't come from your tax money son, so don't worry where i make my money.

we have now entered TROLL ZONE.

my taxes pay for your steroids asshole.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Is it me or has our resident police officer been berated to the point of thinking that everyone here is very much opposed to his very existence.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Is it me or has our resident police officer been berated to the point of thinking that everyone here is very much opposed to his very existence.

maybe. It seems our 'resident' cop needs a PR professional.....lol

The Goat
03-20-2013, 08:50 AM
I think our resident cop is showing the true colors of every cop out there. No matter how much they play nice, its only a matter of time before they show their inner tyrant.

jkr
03-20-2013, 08:54 AM

serious question:
where do you get your authority?
is it from the people or the municipal corporation?
who do you represent?
who are you accountable too?

i believe any answer other than "we the people" ( that includes you), is the WRONG ANSWER.
so enlighten me, where do you come from? protector of the peace? or just another micro-tyrant?

btw my name is on your paycheck moron, im called TAXPAYER
DID THAT GET THROUGH YOUR THICK ASS SKULL PARASITE?

the extra private security stuff is fine, i apologize for thinking you were a bigger leach than you are...SON

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 08:55 AM
The amount of collectivism going around is appalling. Obama, Bush, Holder, and Cheney would all be very proud.

The Goat
03-20-2013, 08:59 AM
the extra private security stuff is fine, i apologize for thinking you were a bigger leach than you are...SON

I don't think they should be allowed to do private. They still get to use their state issued "I can do what the fuck I want card". Its an unfair advantage over non state privileged security.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 09:02 AM
The amount of collectivism going around is appalling. Obama, Bush, Holder, and Cheney would all be very proud.

nice try. Taking your 'logic' George Washington was a collectivist.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Everyone should always keep a small handheld video camera in their car. If you need to call 911, you probably want your camera to keep rolling.

I'm a little surprised police on the scene didn't confiscate his footage.

Also, while this cop in the video was clearly an ass, the person with the camera did rear-end him. Had that been me with the camera, I'd have been braking as soon as the cop was to the side of me. It clearly looked aggressive and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him. Same goes for any other road raging asshat. When you have someone threatening you in a vehicle, I think the best thing you can do is create distance. I have actually had non cops pull this shit on me. Last time, by the time we came to a stop light, I was sitting 60 feet back from them, with no cars between us. They were smart enough to stay in their car, but I wasn't sure if they would or not.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 09:04 AM
I don't think they should be allowed to do private. They still get to use their state issued "I can do what the fuck I want card". Its an unfair advantage over non state privileged security.

They have better training and get paid way more and usually have access to body armor that the rest of us don't have. However, off duty police doing private security work have to abide by the same rules as us private security guys.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 09:04 AM
nice try. Taking your 'logic' George Washington was a collectivist.

very much so. Horrible President too.

green73
03-20-2013, 09:07 AM

It's not collectivist. The police are now a standing army in the US. When the SHTF you will see the real reason for their existence, and won't be for the protection of the mundanes.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 09:11 AM
It's not collectivist. The police are now a standing army in the US. When the SHTF you will see the real reason for their existence, and won't be for the protection of the mundanes.

Considering the amount of time I've spent in conversation with Oath Keepers, I would say that it is very much collectivist of you to say that all police are what you describe.

Seraphim
03-20-2013, 09:11 AM

This.

Supported by this:

The Goat
03-20-2013, 09:17 AM
They have better training and get paid way more and usually have access to body armor that the rest of us don't have. However, off duty police doing private security work have to abide by the same rules as us private security guys.

Let me tell you something, maybe its secret and you haven't been told yet. Even when off duty police get the benefit of doubt over all other people. If you think they have to abide by the same set of rules your kidding your self.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 09:20 AM
serious question:
where do you get your authority?
is it from the people or the municipal corporation?
who do you represent?
who are you accountable too?

i believe any answer other than "we the people" ( that includes you), is the WRONG ANSWER.
so enlighten me, where do you come from? protector of the peace? or just another micro-tyrant?

btw my name is on your paycheck moron, im called TAXPAYER
DID THAT GET THROUGH YOUR THICK ASS SKULL PARASITE?

I get my authority from the city, not from you or any one else here.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 09:23 AM
Let me tell you something, maybe its secret and you haven't been told yet. Even when off duty police get the benefit of doubt over all other people. If you think they have to abide by the same set of rules your kidding your self.

Someone else that thinks they know the law, please tell me you're pretending to be this ignorant.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
This.

Supported by this:

What I see is an individual working in a highly stressful law enforcement environment who is at least morally responsible enough to explore the liberty community and the various philosophies here. What I also see is that he is encountering the heightened negative emotions that many liberty minded people associate with arbitrary authority and its various physical incarnations. However, this exchange is not constructive for anyone's fight for liberty and freedom. I would suggest that people quit with the name calling and hate and use logic to argue your different viewpoints and opinions. However, if you get your rocks off by comparing internet penis sizes then ignore everything I just wrote.

The Goat
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Someone else that thinks they know the law, please tell me you're pretending to be this ignorant.

I'm not talking about the law, I'm talking about being above it.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 09:29 AM

Good to know... not that I didn't already know how you types felt about the whole 'public servants' meme. Glad to see you are finally being honest with yourself and the people here. Maybe start a new "confessions of a police officer" thread?

Seraphim
03-20-2013, 09:30 AM
I was only representing the BOLDED that I outlined and supported what he said with words right from the horses mouth (keyboard?).

It had nothing to do with your little spad about collectivist comments.

The quote from Mr FiveZero's I posted should pretty well sum up what things look like to a cop once they are truly forced to make a hard decision. State wins (writes the paycheck) and the mundane loses.

What I see is an individual working in a highly stressful law enforcement environment who is at least morally responsible enough to explore the liberty community and the various philosophies here. What I also see is that he is encountering the heightened negative emotions that many liberty minded people associate with arbitrary authority and its various physical incarnations. However, this exchange is not constructive for anyone's fight for liberty and freedom. I would suggest that people quit with the name calling and hate and use logic to argue your different viewpoints and opinions. However, if you get your rocks off by comparing internet penis sizes then ignore everything I just wrote.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 09:31 AM
I was only representing the BOLDED that I outlined and supported what he said with words right from the horses mouth (keyboard?).

I was making a general statement about pretty much everything in this thread.

jkr
03-20-2013, 09:34 AM

the prosecution rests

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 09:38 AM
the prosecution rests

so apparently city 'officials' get their jobs through acclimation?....i'm confused...why am i voting then?

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
You really are going to say that in a thread about a cop who brake checked a motorist, caused an accident, had his bretheren ready to arrest the victim, video proved his account otherwise, yet still wasn't charged with a crime or even ticketed?

enjerth
03-20-2013, 09:47 AM

I would hope that you get your authority from law.

Do you know the law? You apply the law, right? Do you know it?

Can you tell me what all of my rights are, when you stop me?

Do I have the right not to consent to later appearance, to remain silent, and not sign a damned thing? How would I be treated if I exercised that right?

What are your rights in that circumstance, and what rights do you suppose you might assume? Would you think that you need to beat something into my thick skull, to respect your authority?

Authority is an appeal to law. I have that power, just as well as you do.

seapilot
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM

The quote from Mr FiveZero's I posted should pretty well sum up what things look like to a cop once they are truly forced to make a hard decision. State wins (writes the paycheck) and the mundane loses.

What happens when the state, city , county can no longer afford to pay? Recently there was that city in California that laid off most their police force. No job is secure in this twisted banker run amok economy.

The police being militarized one of many symptoms of the disease which is socialism caused by the banking cartels buying everyone off with money from nothing.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
I'll be the first to say that there's a double standard for police officers in the law enforcement community. There were a couple of times that I've run into idiot police officers who thought they could get away with stuff on property I was guarding and I had to remove them from property. Even though I was an agent of the property owner, the police department refused to file a criminal trespass warning each time. Thankfully I moved to a quiet post in a nice neighborhood so I don't have those problems anymore.

Seraphim
03-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Centralized debt based fiat money is the core of corruption in society. No arguments from me there.

What happens when the state, city , county can no longer afford to pay? Recently there was that city in California that laid off most their police force. No job is secure in this twisted banker run amok economy.

The police being militarized one of many symptoms of the disease which is socialism caused by the banking cartels buying everyone off with money from nothing.

youngbuck
03-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Cops like this get their "brothers" killed. Shitty cops piss people off, the hatred spreads like wildfire, and some are inclined to be cop killers. Makes you feel good, doesn't it you filthy thug?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 10:19 AM

That's pretty much how I'm beginning to feel around these parts.

Professor8000
03-20-2013, 10:24 AM

Many people who seek liberty and freedom tend to have very negative opinions about arbitrary authority. Some of us however seem to have the conversation skills of an angry pubescent teenager, so I have taken to ignoring those who fail to make logical arguments and only argue with their emotions.

puppetmaster
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
No, this is me dropping the badge and defending myself as a human being, simple as that. Do unto others as you want done unto you. Obviously those that want to start slinging insults because I'm a cop, that's the only reason they're slinging them to begin with, obviously want to be disrespected in return. Simple as that.

After reading your threads for the short time you have been registered I now believe you are not in any form of law enforcement. You may have wanted to be an officer but you failed. I know now that you are simply a troll, and most likely a unemployed troll.

Neil Desmond
03-20-2013, 10:34 AM
You've beens subjected to the wrath of...oh my goodness...a very loud, noisy, and in some cases even obnoxious (not all of them from this group, and some even do make legitimate points, btw) super minority of individuals from this forum. What percentage of the members on this forum make up anti-law enforcment (ALE) this group? Does it even hit the 1% mark? I would not be surprised if there are probably far more individuals from the law enforcement community than there are from this "ALE" group.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 10:57 AM
After reading your threads for the short time you have been registered I now bdleivd you are not in any form of law enforcement. You may have wanted to be an officer but you failed. I know now that you are simply a troll, and most likely a unemployed troll.

This again? No matter how many times you guys call me a troll, it's not going to make me post a picture of my badge. But, I'll tell you what, come on through Southeastern VA breaking the laws and see whether or not I'm a cop or not.

The Goat
03-20-2013, 11:02 AM
We're breaking some basic rules guys.

Don't talk to cops

Don't feed the trolls

later yo

otherone
03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
I would say that it is very much collectivist of you to say that all police are what you describe.

I get so effing tired of people using words they don't understand.

collectivism, any of several types of social organization in which the individual is seen as being subordinate to a social collectivity such as a state, a nation, a race, or a social class. Collectivism may be contrasted with individualism, in which the rights and interests of the individual are emphasized.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:16 AM
I get so effing tired of people using words they don't understand.

collectivism, any of several types of social organization in which the individual is seen as being subordinate to a social collectivity such as a state, a nation, a race, or a social class. Collectivism may be contrasted with individualism, in which the rights and interests of the individual are emphasized.

I think what he was trying to say is that you guys assume I'm a collectivist simply because I'm a cop.. As per this definition.

Collectivism holds that the individual has no rights, that his life and work belong to the group . . . and that the group may sacrifice him at its own whim to its own interests. The only way to implement a doctrine of that kind is by means of brute force—and statism has always been the political corollary of collectivism.

I would never allow myself to be sacrificed by anyone nor do I believe that brute force is needed to control anything. My life, nor my work belong to anyone but myself. It doesn't belong to you, it doesn't belong to my chief, it doesn't belong to Obama, it belongs to me. And God.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
This again? No matter how many times you guys call me a troll, it's not going to make me post a picture of my badge. But, I'll tell you what, come on through Southeastern VA breaking the laws and see whether or not I'm a cop or not.

http://www.newsnet14.com/images/mob1900_police_brutality2-207x300.jpg

otherone
03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
My life, nor my work belong to anyone but myself. It doesn't belong to you, it doesn't belong to my chief, it doesn't belong to Obama, it belongs to me. And God.

The People have entrusted you with power and authority to serve the people, much like Burger King entrusts a cashier with it's money. Sadly, many officers believe themselves to be above the law, abusing the power given to them by the people, and violating that trust. It's as abhorrent as pedophile priests. Instead of justifying the predatory behavior of bad cops, law enforcement should be actively rooting them out.

Seraphim
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Should and will are very different. The USA (through governence) also asked bankers to regulate themselves and other bankers while giving them tax payer backed garuntees...

How did that go?

Sounds somewhat familiar...

It's all well and fine for good cops to rout out bad ones, but if you rely on that it will not go well. Citizens have to rout the bad cops out. And ruthlessly so.

Just adding to the debate - not picking on you.

The People have entrusted you with power and authority to serve the people, much like Burger King entrusts a cashier with it's money. Sadly, many officers believe themselves to be above the law, abusing the power given to them by the people, and violating that trust. It's as abhorrent as pedophile priests. Instead of justifying the predatory behavior of bad cops, law enforcement should be actively rooting them out.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:51 AM

Yes, people trust me to do a job, just as I trust those same people not to blow my brains out when I come to their door to find out, what their problem is. When you see a cop pull someone over, you're thinking there's no way he's scared, he's got all the power. When in truth, we're scared out of our minds. We don't know whether the driver has a gun, we don't know what could happen. The MSM loves to post crap showing cops as thugs, but, they almost NEVER show a cop doing something good.

It is in their best interest to keep cops and regular joes on the street going at it, that way, they always have something to put on the tv. Most cops I know just want to make it through their careers, without ever having to have fired their weapons or tasers at anyone. I can say luckily I'm one of them so far, the only thing I've had to do is mace someone. I still remember what a taser felt like during academy.

otherone
03-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Should and will are very different.

Should and DON'T are very different.
Look at Fivezeroes....presuming he's a "good" cop, he immediately took personally the comments made about the road-raging deputy...he should be just as outraged (if not more so) than the rest of us.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Should and DON'T are very different.
Look at Fivezeroes....presuming he's a "good" cop, he immediately took personally the comments made about the road-raging deputy...he should be just as outraged (if not more so) than the rest of us.

I take offense to it, because deputies are not cops. People love to point that out to me all the time, how deputies are above us city cops. And what really got to me, were the insults being slung my way afterwards.

jcannon98188
03-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Stop being a pretentious dick that feels like he is superior to us, and maybe people won't treat you like shit. Since you have gotten here you have made rude remarks every chance you get. You flash your authority over us, and feel like we should grovel at your feet and suck your dick because you do a job, that gives you a gun, and allows you and your coworkers to ruin people's lives. Why do we hate you, and cops like you? Look at AF's cop thread and you will find out. Piece of shit cops like you, and ALL your brothers are the reason we hate you. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

otherone
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
When you see a cop pull someone over, you're thinking there's no way he's scared, he's got all the power. When in truth, we're scared out of our minds.

With all do respect my friend, your telling me a heavily armed state-authorized agent being motivated by fear is cold comfort.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Stop being a pretentious dick that feels like he is superior to us, and maybe people won't treat you like shit. Since you have gotten here you have made rude remarks every chance you get. You flash your authority over us, and feel like we should grovel at your feet and suck your dick because you do a job, that gives you a gun, and allows you and your coworkers to ruin people's lives. Why do we hate you, and cops like you? Look at AF's cop thread and you will find out. Piece of shit cops like you, and ALL your brothers are the reason we hate you. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Please point out one rude remark I've made that wasn't justified. Aren't you a lady? You shouldn't be talking like this, it's very unbecoming. Damn, I make one accidental sexist comment about females not needing to change their own tires and now, I'm a piece of shit. Lovely.

puppetmaster
03-20-2013, 02:32 PM
With all do respect my friend, your telling me a heavily armed state-authorized agent being motivated by fear is cold comfort.

LOL this is what I was thinking!!

An officer with a gun, out of their mind,........very comforting.

I am a former LEO and I was always cautious but never "out of my mind"
I was a good cop and did not fit in with the majority of the department......even as a Deputy Sheriff.
I took pleasure in helping people, not harassing people and generating revenue. I am also a firm believer "in no victim no crime" so you can see how that may exclude me from fitting in at the office.

If I ever, or when I do run for local Sheriff I will have different criteria for hiring Deputies. I will not hire anyone less than 35 years of age and most likely will exclude most officers from other departments if they were LEO's at earlier ages.

Hey if the age requirement is good enough for the President then it is good enough for my Deputies.

I appreciate the posts by folks like AF and others that expose crimes by officers. These thing cannot happen and when/if they do, The responsible party needs held accountable, even more accountable than other professions.

now I am done posting in this thread as it has become tiresome. lol

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 02:34 PM
LOL this is what I was thinking!!

An officer with a gun, out of their mind,........very comforting.

I am a former LEO and I was always cautious but never "out of my mind"
I was a good cop and did not fit in with the majority of the department......even as a Deputy Sheriff.
I took pleasure in helping people, not harassing people and generating revenue. I am also a firm believer "in no victim no crime" so you can see how that may exclude me from fitting in at the office.

If I ever, or when I do run for local Sheriff I will have different criteria for hiring Deputies. I will not hire anyone less than 35 years of age and most likely will exclude most officers from other departments if they were LEO's at earlier ages.

Hey if the age requirement is good enough for the President then it is good enough for my Deputies.

I appreciate the posts by folks like AF and others that expose crimes by officers. These thing cannot happen and when/if they do, The responsible party needs held accountable, even more accountable than other professions.

now I am done posting in this thread as it has become tiresome. lol

How long ago were you a cop? Before or after all of the cop killings started?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 02:36 PM

It doesn't matter how heavily armed we are, when we approach a car, we aren't thinking right off, yea I better pull my weapon, this guy has a gun. How professional would we look if we went in with our hand on our weapon at all times?

puppetmaster
03-20-2013, 02:43 PM

I resigned 10 years ago

VoluntaryAmerican
03-20-2013, 03:02 PM
I think our resident cop is showing the true colors of every cop out there. No matter how much they play nice, its only a matter of time before they show their inner tyrant.

Everybody is a tyrant.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 03:06 PM

Before what cop killings started? Care to reference statistics when making such a bold claim. As I understand it deaths by homicide are down.

Dr.3D
03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
I have a hunch there wouldn't be so much cop killing if the cops would start acting more like people instead of power tripping animals. Public relations if 9/10ths of the problems cops have.

proudclod229
03-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Seems like he was butt-hurt because the guy passed him. YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!

bolil
03-20-2013, 03:09 PM
Before what cop killings started? Care to reference statistics when making such a bold claim. As I understand it deaths by homicide are down.

It is quite possible that the Police are inculcated to believe that they are all targeted. They have certainly been conditioned to believe that they are at war with anyone that isn't one of them, or some how affiliated with their masters. War on Drugs, War on Crime, War on Recalcitrance.

As regards the video, that shit was ridiculous. They didn't even cite him? He could have killed people pulling that nonsense on a highway. Bad piggy.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:12 PM

A little over a year ago, one of the guys who trained me, was shot and killed 20 minutes after he bought a kid that didn't have enough money some food. About a year and a half ago, a cop in another city over was shot as he was coming out of a club he was doing security at. His killer still hasn't been found. We have quite a few cop killings and shootings happening a lot lately. Of course the MSM only likes to report when we kill people, not when one of us is the victim.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
I resigned 10 years ago

You resigned a full six years before I became one and I don't know where you were one at so I don't know your states crime statistics.

proudclod229
03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Of course the MSM only likes to report when we kill people, not when one of us is the victim.
MSM reporting is mostly sensationalized crap.

Stop looking at is as "we" and "them".

otherone
03-20-2013, 03:29 PM
A little over a year ago, one of the guys who trained me, was shot and killed 20 minutes after he bought a kid that didn't have enough money some food. About a year and a half ago, a cop in another city over was shot as he was coming out of a club he was doing security at. His killer still hasn't been found. We have quite a few cop killings and shootings happening a lot lately.

Sounds like you guys are pretty spooked. Therapy may help you perform your duties without being so jumpy. Glad I'm not in your jurisdiction.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you guys are pretty spooked. Therapy may help you perform your duties without being so jumpy. Glad I'm not in your jurisdiction.

To settle your nerves, I have never had to pull my weapon on any motorist.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 03:32 PM
A little over a year ago, one of the guys who trained me, was shot and killed 20 minutes after he bought a kid that didn't have enough money some food. About a year and a half ago, a cop in another city over was shot as he was coming out of a club he was doing security at. His killer still hasn't been found. We have quite a few cop killings and shootings happening a lot lately. Of course the MSM only likes to report when we kill people, not when one of us is the victim.

That is anecdotal, and though personally relevant to you, does not reflect the actual statistics. There was a spike in 2011. 72 officers killed in L.O.D. Of these 38 deaths were felonious. Since then there has been a trend downwards.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:35 PM
That is anecdotal, and though personally relevant to you, does not reflect the actual statistics. There was a spike in 2011. 72 officers killed in L.O.D. Of these 38 deaths were felonious. Since then there has been a trend downwards.

Still doesn't take away from the fact that we have the right to be extremely cautious and at times downright scared when we approach a vehicle.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Still doesn't take away from the fact that we have the right to be extremely cautious and at times downright scared when we approach a vehicle.

I'm not saying that at all. I am just referencing statistics to qualm your fears that there is a target on your back and the 'us vs. them' mentality that (may) is created by it. When I am confronted by police I am extremely cautious. But then, even though police do not keep a tally as to civilian deaths and abuse as required by Congress, I know the score well. I know who has the armament, the body armor, the back up and the Just-Us system behind them.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm not saying that at all. I am just referencing statistics to qualm your fears that there is a target on your back and the 'us vs. them' mentality that (may) is created by it. When I am confronted by police I am extremely cautious. But then, even though police do not keep a tally as to civilian deaths and abuse as required by Congress, I know the score well. I know who has the armament, the body armor, the back up and the Just-Us system behind them.

Bulletproof vests, don't exactly protect us from bullets to the face. In a country that allows any old joe to carry a weapon (as long as he's not a felon) it's quite good to be overly cautious, but, again, I have never pulled my weapon on anyone in a traffic stop.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 03:50 PM

Cops being shot and killed by "civilians" is statistically close to zero.

10 so far this year, a 9% decrease from this time last year.

46 in 2012.

67 in 2011.

http://www.odmp.org/

Cops shooting and killing us on the other hand...not so much.

583 in 2012

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:52 PM

46 in 2012.

67 in 2011.

583 in 2012

500 of those happened in NY, right?

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Bulletproof vests, don't exactly protect us from bullets to the face. In a country that allows any old joe to carry a weapon (as long as he's not a felon) it's quite good to be overly cautious, but, again, I have never pulled my weapon on anyone in a traffic stop.

Umm..."that allows"?

The right to bear arms for defense is a natural right.

Government "allows" not a fucking thing.

The only thing government does is infringe that right, in violation of the law.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Umm..."that allows"?

The right to bear arms for defense is a natural right.

Government "allows" not a fucking thing.

The only thing government does is infringe that right, in violation of the law.

Easy AF, I'm not stepping on the 2nd at all. Getting a little sleepy, hard to think of the proper words.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 03:57 PM
500 of those happened in NY, right?

No, from all over the country.

Got a pretty good tally going so far for 2013.

I didn't count them all, looks to be a couple hundred or so:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_th e_United_States_2013

2013-03-12 Johnston, Daniel (58) Connecticut (Willimantic) Police were responding to a report of a man acting in a threatening manner. Officers arrived and found Johnston armed with a hatchet, and after a confrontation where Johnston refused to drop the hatchet, they shot and killed him.[1]
2013-03-10 Whiting, Horace (61) Tennessee (Memphis) Police responded to a call reporting an armed person. On arrival they found Whiting standing in the street holding a shotgun. Police stated that Whiting refused to drop the gun and, in fact, fired it instead, at which point they shot and killed him.[2]
2013-03-10 Salameh, Taleb Hussein Yousef (28) Iowa (North Liberty) Police responded to a 911 call reporting domestic violence. When they arrived at the scene gunshots were exchanged and Salameh was shot and killed.[3]
2013‑03‑10 Rawls, Anthony (49) Georgia (Warner Robins) Police allegedly received a call that Rawls had a gun and was threatening his wife. Officers shot and killed him outside his home.[4]
2013‑03‑10 Dixon, Arthur, Jr. (43) Florida (St. Petersburg) Police were responding to a 911 call from a woman who said her son was threatening suicide. Two officers shot the man to death after he allegedly threatened them with a pair of scissors.[5]
2013‑03‑10 Gilkerson, James L. (42) Ohio (Middlefield) Gilkerson was pulled over for a routine traffic stop when he got out and began shooting at two officers with an AK-47, police say. Both officers returned fire and killed him.[6][7]
2013‑03‑10 Allen, Clinton Texas (Dallas) Police were responding to a disturbance call involving Allen, whom they had dealt with before. Officer Clark Staller shot and killed Allen during a struggle between them.[8]
2013-03-09 Gray, Kimani (16) New York (Brooklyn) Gray and some other people were standing outside a building when they were approached by plainclothes officers. The officers stated that Gray attempted to leave the area when he saw them. They stated that he adjusted his waistband and “continued to act in a suspicious manner." The officers said that Gray then drew a gun and pointed it at them, at which point they shot and killed him.[9]
2013‑03‑09 Wright, Jeffrey Allen (55) Florida (Navarre) Wright was shot and killed by SWAT members Sgt. Nathan Hall, Deputy Brian Miller and Detective Jerry Nash after allegedly pointing a pistol at them inside his home. Police were attempting to serve a felony warrant for counterfeiting. Wright barricaded himself in his home and SWAT was called in.[10]
2013‑03‑08 Saenz, Daniel (37) Texas (El Paso) An officer shot and killed an inmate he was escorting to a hospital for a medical release. The two men allegedly got into a struggle before the officer shot him several times. Saenz was handcuffed at the time.[11]
2013‑03‑07 Ayala, Ramon (27) Washington (Sunnyside) Officers responded to a report of a man shooting a gun into the air on a busy street corner. An officer shot and killed Ayala when he ignored their commands and allegedly pointed the gun towards them.[12]
2013‑03‑06 unnamed male California (Livingston) Police pulled a man over for an unknown reason and threatened to tow his truck because of a suspended license. The man drove away and a high-speed chase ensued, ending when the man crashed his truck. Police say he pulled out a rifle and pointed it at officers, who fired at him.[13]
2013‑03‑06 Kelley, Troy (47) Georgia (Columbus) Police were responding to a domestic dispute. Officers shot and killed Kelley after he allegedly fired a weapon at them.[14]
2013-03-05 Dennison, Parrish (41) New Mexico (Albuquerque) Dennison ran from police after being confronted while allegedly trying to sell stolen property. Police claim that he pointed a handgun at them as he was running. The Albuquerque SWAT team locked down the area. Police stated that when they located Dennison he ran toward them with a gun in his hand, at which point they shot and killed him.[15]
2013‑03‑04 Cisneros, Santiago A., III (32) Oregon (Portland) Cisneros was shot and killed by Officers Brad Kula and Michele Boer in a parking garage after allegedly firing a shotgun at them.[16][17]
2013‑03‑04 Garza, Jimmy James, Jr. (31) Texas (San Antonio) Garza was shot after a SWAT standoff when he reportedly bolted from his home toward officers while holding a rifle. Police were responding to a report that he had assaulted his ex-girlfriend. [18]
2013‑03‑04 Meeks, Anthony Desean (22) North Carolina (Concord) The U.S. Marshals Service, FBI, and local police were responding to a tip about a wanted suspect and allegedly found Meeks at a window with a gun. They shot and killed him after he reportedly came out of the window with the gun.[19]
2013‑03‑03 Stoddard-Nunez, Shawn Joseph Jetmore (19) California (Hayward) Stoddard-Nunez was riding with 24-year-old Arthur Pakman to a friend's house when police attempted a traffic stop and Pakman allegedly rammed his car into a police cruiser. The officer fired into the vehicle and hit Stoddard-Nunez twice, killing him. Police say they seek to charge Pakman with his friend's death.[20]
2013‑03‑02 McMillan, Jesse Ray (26) Oregon (Kelso) Police were investigating a hit-and-run incident where the driver, McMillan, had fled into a nearby residence. He eventually came outside and allegedly began firing, striking Kelso officer Ralph Hines in the leg. Hines and Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Deputy Danny O’Neill shot and killed McMillan.[21]
2013‑03‑02 Smith, Amos G. (26) California (Union City) Smith was pulled over by officers and attempted to flee, police say. Police shot and killed him after he allegedly pointed a gun at officers.[22][23]
2013‑03‑02 Aduddell, Ronald (28) California (San Jose) Police attempted a traffic stop when they felt a vehicle looked suspicious, and a chase ensued. After reportedly ramming several police cars, Aduddell got out of the vehicle and was shot to death by Officers Ian Cooley and Adam Jenkins, who say his hands were on his waistband area. Police did not locate a weapon at the scene.[24]
2013‑03‑02 Sawyer, Aaron (23) California (San Francisco) Daly City police spotted Sawyer behind the wheel of a stolen vehicle and chased him into San Francisco. Sawyer eventually abandoned the car and fled on foot. A Daly City officer shot him in the torso, killing him, after Sawyer allegedly raised a gun at officers.[25]
2013‑03‑01 Patterson, Marcus Dewayne (35) Oklahoma (Oklahoma City) Police say they were responding to a call about a possible drug deal when Sgt. Charles Schamel, an undercover officer, shot and killed a person driving a car. Patterson, the driver, allegedly attempted to run over Schamel.[26]
2013‑03‑01 Schaefer, John (70) Texas (Austin) Schaefer called police to report being attacked by a pit bull in his yard that was not his. Officer Jonathan Whitted shot and killed Schaefer when he refused to surrender his pistol to the officer and allegedly pointed it at him. Schaefer was an instructor at the Austin Rifle Club.[27]
2013‑03‑01 Myers, Daniel John (47) Texas (El Paso) Myers was killed in a shootout with El Paso police and a US Border Patrol Agent. He was wanted for robbery charges in Michigan.[28]
February 2013
Date Name (Age) State (City) Description
2013‑02‑28 Shreckengaust, Richard (37) California (Guerneville) Police received a call from a woman whose friend was sending her text messages saying she had been kidnapped. Police located the vehicle and attempted to pull it over. Shreckengaust, the driver, refused to stop, and eventually crashed into an embankment. A deputy shot Shreckengaust several times, killing him, when he allegedly leaned to the right of the car. Police did not find a gun. The woman, an acquaintance of Shreckengaust, was not harmed. [29]
2013‑02‑26 Jurgen, Adam (24) South Carolina (Columbia) Police were responding to report of a man assaulting a woman. The man, Jurgen, fled the scene and then fired at officers, striking deputy Sheila Aull. Aull and at least four other officers returned fire and killed Jurgen.[30][31]
2013‑02‑26 Keewatinawin, Jack (21) Washington (Seattle) Police were responding to a call that a man was armed with a knife and holding his father hostage. When officers arrived, Keewatinawin used his father as a shield and attempted to flee, police say. Three officers shot and killed Keewatinawin when he allegedly threatened an officer with a steel pipe.[32]
2013‑02‑26 Goulet, Jeremy (35) California (Santa Cruz) Goulet was shot and killed during a police pursuit after allegedly fatally shooting Santa Cruz officers Sgt. Loran Baker and Detective Elizabeth Butler. Baker and Butler had come to Goulet's home to follow up on assault allegations.[33]
2013‑02‑25 unnamed male (39) California (Riverside) The man was shot to death by officers in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Police were responding to a report of a car theft in progress. Police say they shot him when he rammed a police cruiser with the stolen vehicle.[34]
2013‑02‑23 unnamed male Nevada (Reno) Police were responding to a domestic disturbance call. An officer shot and killed a man from whom he "perceived a threat."[35]
2013‑02‑22 Potts, Martin Y. Missouri (Springfield) Police were investigating two burglaries and attempting to execute a search warrant on a property when they encountered Potts, who fled. Potts was killed by members of a Special Response Team after allegedly firing at officers.[36]
2013‑02‑21 Taylor, Christopher (19) California (Long Beach) Officers spotted a stolen vehicle and pursued it until it crashed into a garage. Taylor was shot and killed by officers after he allegedly fired at them. Police say they recovered a handgun at the scene.[37]
2013‑02‑21 Thompson, Clifton (72) Pennsylvania (Conewago) Thompson called a crisis line to say he was armed and suicidal, and police were contact and sent to his home. Officers were allegedly trying to negotiate with Thompson when he fired one shot at them with a rifle and ran outside. He encountered another officer who fired at him four times with a patrol rifle, killing him. [38]
2013‑02‑19 Bowie, Carl Richard, III (25) Alaska (Anchorage) Police received a call about a man looking into cards in a parking lot. When they arrived he fled in a stolen truck, and a chase ensued. Two officers opened fire on Bowie after he allegedly hit two police cars with the truck.[39]
2013‑02‑18 Sellars, Taft (30) Virginia (Alexandria) Police arrived at a home and shot and killed Sellars, who they say had a gun. The Alexandria Police Department refuses to release any other information about this incident, citing department policy.[40]
2013‑02‑15 Franco, Emmanuel (25) California (Monterey Park) Police were responding to a domestic disturbance between a couple at a motel. The couple left in a vehicle, and police followed them and initiated a traffic stop. Officers shot and killed Franco after he allegedly exited the vehicle and brandished a handgun at them.[41]
2013-02-08 Torres, Robert Antonio (33) Nevada (Las Vegas) Torres was killed during an exchange of gunfire with Metro officer Joseph Parra and Detective Scott Thomas in an apartment parking lot. Two bystanders were hit by gunfire; one was hospitalized and in critical condition.[42]
2013-02-04 Dykes, Jimmy Lee (65) Alabama (Midland City) Six days earlier, subject killed a school bus driver and abducted a 5 year old boy, then took refuge in an underground bunker on his property. After negotiations broke down, FBI SWAT team raided the bunker killing the subject.[43]
2013‑02‑03 unnamed male (80s) Texas (Harlingen) Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance. They arrived to witness a man shoot a woman in the chest. The officers fatally shot the man.[44]
January 2013
Date Name (Age) State (City) Description
2013-01-30 Morales, Ronette (30) Colorado (Denver) Two plain clothes officers attempted to arrest Morales for charges of burglary, assault and harassment. Morales shot one officer in the hand and was subsequently fatally shot.[45]
2013-01-29 unnamed male Texas (Fort Worth) Officers responded to a police report that a fugitive was behind a building they happened to be at. Upon discovering the suspect, he opened fire wounding an officer. The officers returned fire, fatally wounding the suspect.[46]
2013-01-28 Muhammad, Ishmael (29) Pennsylvania (Harrisburg) Officers responded to a report that Muhammed had assaulted his girlfriend. He barricaded himself inside the apartment and using a machete kept a 2-year-old and a disabled 26-year-old as hostages. Officials report that Muhammad “was obviously under the influence of some drugs.” After a standoff of a few hours he was fatally shot twice when his waving of the machete prompted officers to fear for the lives of the hostages. [47]
2013-01-28 Schroeder, Thomas E (50) Missouri (Craig) Missouri Highway Patrol Trooper stopped a vehicle on I-29 for speed. After noticing an odor of alcohol, Trooper began asking about DUI and the driver tried to flee. During a struggle, subject was pepper sprayed and when not subdued and still struggling, he was shot fatally.[48][49]
2013-01-28 Harris, Anthony (38) Florida (Jacksonville) Responding to a call for a domestic dispute, officers encountered the subject who tried to take one officer's weapon. During the struggle, he was killed by the second officer.[50]
2013-01-27 Anderson, James D (32) Washington (Seattle) Subject was ejected from a club, after which he returned and shot two people, including his girlfriend. When responding officers contacted him as he was leaving, shots were exchanged and subject was killed.[51][52]
2013-01-27 Culpepper, Brandon (30) Illinois (Homewood) Police were called to an apartment building for a disturbance. On arrival, there was a confrontation with the subject who was shot by officers.[53]
2013-01-25 Combs, Douglas (16) Washington (Vancouver) Authorities with Vancouver Police and Clark County Sheriff's Office were investigating a home invasion shooting that injured one and two armed robberies from earlier that day when they confronted Douglas E. Combs and another 16-year-old near East 19th Street and E Street in Vancouver. Officers believe Combs is the primary suspect in the three crimes.

After attempting contact with the two 16-year-olds, police say an officer shot Combs. Officers said Combs had been armed at the time of the shooting, and was pronounced dead at the scene.[54]
2013-01-25 Unnamed Male Maryland (Baltimore) Authorities said two officers who are part of a gun and drug enforcement group in that area approached a group of people. One of those men started walking in the opposite direction, and when one of the officers tried to approach him, the man turned and started shooting at the officer, police said.

Investigators said the officer chased the man on foot for six blocks while the man continued to fire shots at the officer. Officials said the officer eventually returned fire and shot the man, who later died at a hospital.[55]
2013-01-25 Davis, Willie Jr (23) Arizona (Tucson) An officer responded to a report of an armed robbery. A suspect matching the description was chased in a vehicle until the suspect crashed. An altercation ensued during which the officer fatally shot the suspect.[56][57]
2013-01-24 unnamed male Michigan (Kalamazoo) Officers located a domestic assault suspect several hours after the initial complaint. He was shot during an ensuing confrontation.[58]
2013-01-24 Hatcher, Jordan (22) Texas (Grand Prairie) Grand Prairie police responded to a felony theft call around 3:50 p.m. at the Target at Camp Wisdom Road and State Highway 360, police said. One of the suspects fled on foot and crossed city lines into Arlington, according to Arlington police spokesman Sgt. Christopher Cook.

During the chase, the man ran across a freeway and into a parking lot at the Tarrant County College Southeast Campus. The man got into a physical altercation with police that ended when a Grand Prairie officer shot him, Cook said. [59]
2013-01-22 Walters, Kathryn (46)
Walters, Maximillian (5) Nevada (Boulder City) Both killed during a domestic dispute incident by their husband/father who was a Las Vegas Police Lieutenant. Subject then set fire to the house, called 911 and waited for officers to arrive after which he stepped inside and shot himself.[60]
2013-01-22 Bondo, Craig (20) Colorado (Woodland) Officers pulled over a suspected stolen vehicle. When the officers attempted to detain the suspect, he drove away, hitting one of the officers with the vehicle. An officer opened fire on the vehicle, fatally wounding the suspect. A witness reports hearing five shots and that the back window of the vehicle was shattered. [61]
2013-01-21 unnamed male Louisiana (Addis) Officers responded to a report of robbery in progress at a store. The suspect took a customer hostage at gunpoint and stole a police cruiser. The suspect crashed the cruiser at a police roadblock. As officers approached the vehicle, the suspect threatened to kill the hostage and himself. An officer fired three times, killing the suspect. [62]
2013-01-18 unnamed male Alabama (Oxford) Officers responded to a report of a burglary suspect with several arrest warrants who was spotted in a store. When the officers asked the suspect to step outside, the suspect produced a knife and began slashing at the officers. A Taser was ineffective and the officers fatally shot the suspect when he charged at them.[63]
2013-01-17 Ramsey, Eric (30) Michigan (Mount Pleasant) Officers were searching for Ramsey as the prime suspect in a recent abduction, rape and arson. Ramsey rammed his vehicle into a squad car and fled in a stolen garbage truck. He was fatally shot by a sheriff's deputy.[64]
2013-01-17 unnamed male California (San Diego) Officers surrounded an apartment complex after receiving a report that two wanted parolees were there and at least one was armed. After several hours the men fled and one was cornered. One was fatally shot after refusing to show his hands and reaching into his pockets. The other suspect was arrested after an hours-long search.[65]
2013-01-16 unnamed male Arizona (Buckeye) An officer fatally shot a man after he shot at police. [66]
2013-01-15 Weber, Todd S Missouri (Kansas City) Officers attempted to stop Weber's vehicle. Weber led officers on a low-speed chase at no faster than 35 mph. Stop sticks slowed the vehicle, but it continued for several miles. Weber eventually stopped, exited his vehicle, pointed a gun at officers and began firing. Officers returned fire, killing him.[67]
2013-01-15 unnamed male Hawaii (Honolulu) Officers responded to a truck driving fast the wrong way. Police fired multiple times when the driver rammed five marked police cruisers. The deceased suspect was a soldier at Schofield Barracks.[68]
2013-01-14 Roberts, Karlando (32) New Jersey (East Orange) Officers responded to a report of a stabbing in progress. Roberts was found to be stabbing his father-in-law and refused to drop the knife. Officers shot Roberts who died at a local hospital.[69]
2013-01-14 Swilling, Wesley (31) South Carolina (Greenville) Swilling was in the Law Enforcement Center parking lot and approached an officer and deputy in a “threatening manner” with what appeared to be a weapon. Fearing for their safety, they both shot at Swilling, hitting him at least once. Swilling fell down, but continued to approach them, so they took cover behind a vehicle and both fired again, hitting him at least once more. Swilling was pronounced dead at the scene.[70]
2013-01-14 unnamed male Tennessee (Memphis) Officers responded to a report of loud music. They found a man slumped over inside a vehicle. As officers approached him, he pointed a gun at them and they fatally shot him.[71]
2013-01-12 unnamed male (21) California (San Diego) Officers attempted to stop a vehicle for speeding. A high speed pursuit ensued. After the suspect drove into a vacant lot, he U-turned and drove towards the officers. The officers opened fire, fatally wounding the driver and injuring a passenger.[72]
2013-01-12 Saylor, Robert E. (26) Maryland (Frederick) Three off-duty officers moonlighting as security guards confronted Saylor, a mentally ill man with Down's Syndrome, when he refused to leave the theater after a movie. He was handcuffed when, according to police, he became "medically distressed." His death was ruled homicide by asphyxia.[73]
2013-01-11 Moretz, Chad Georgia (Savannah) Officers approached Moretz at his home to question him about a missing man who was a friend of his. A standoff ensued which ended when Moretz walked out of his house with a rifle in hand and was fatally shot by a SWAT sniper. The dismembered remains of the friend were found in the house.[74]
2013-01-11 unnamed male California (Santa Ana) Officers on patrol attempted to speak to a suspicious person in the back seat of a car. The suspect jumped into the front seat and drove towards the officers who then fatally shot him. [75]
2013-01-10 Dempsey, John Edward (37) West Virginia (Logan) Officers pursued Dempsey as the prime suspect in a recent murder and carjacking. Dempsey was fatally shot after “pulling a gun on troopers.” [76]
2013-01-10 Ozeir, Rabih (18) Okalahoma (Cushing) Officers responded to a gym after an employee reported Ozeir confronted gym staff. When officers arrived, they report Ozeir confronted them with a handgun and refused commands to put it down. The officers shot Ozeir who died in a hospital the next day.[77]
2013-01-09 Simons, Kelly Fay (38) Utah (Salt Lake City) Shot and killed by police after allegedly driving toward a JCAT (Joint Criminal Apprehension Team) officer. Police say she was a suspect in a series of robberies.[78]
2013-01-08 unnamed female (24) Florida (Palm Beach) Officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance. They found a woman holding a knife to the throat of her boyfriend. The officers shot her when she refused commands to drop the knife and “turned to stab him.” She died from her injuries.[79]
2013-01-07 Jimenez, Vincent Arizona (Phoenix) Officers attempted to stop a driver who seemed impaired. The driver fled and led officers on a chase that ended at the suspect's home where he crashed into a retaining wall. When officers approached the driver, the suspect rammed two cruisers and accelerated towards officers who opened fire. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. A five-year-old child was discovered unharmed in the passenger seat.[80]
2013-01-07 unnamed male (35) California (Fresno) An officer attempted to stop a pedestrian suspected of being a wanted parolee. The suspect fled, jumped several fences, then confronted the officer with a knife. After a short fight, the officer stepped back and shot twice, fatally wounding the suspect.[81]
2013-01-07 unnamed male (31) Pennsylvania (Coolbaugh Township) Officers responded to a report that the suspect had abducted his 9-year-old son and was armed. A 40 mile chase ended following unspecified police intervention. Officers and the suspect exchanged gunfire which killed one officer and the suspect.[82]
2013-01-06 Mims, Spencer Rollins III (55) North Carolina (Charlotte) Officers responded to a report from Mims stating that he was having trouble with his son. When officers arrived at his home, they found Mims holding a box-cutter to his own throat. An officer fired a stun gun intending to prevent Mims from harming himself. Mims instead lunged at the officers with the box cutter. An officer shot Mims at least once. Mims died at a local hospital.[83]
2013-01-05 unnamed male Colorado (Aurora) Officers responded to a report of multiple homicides. A woman had escaped from a home and called police after discovering that three people in the home appeared to be dead. A six-hour standoff ensued with the home surrounded by SWAT officers. A man in the home was killed when he shot at police.[84]
2012-01-04 Banks, Darrell (47) Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) Plain clothes officers in an alley were investigating an armed home invasion when they spotted a man who matched the suspect's description. The man fled. Police report they fatally shot him when he pointed an object at them. No weapons were recovered at the scene. Family members report Banks was walking home from a birthday party. [85]
2013-01-04 O'Donnell, Seth (26) Pennsylvania (Mt. Pleasant) Police responded to a report of a disturbance at a store. The suspect had a pair of scissors and was acting violently. O'Donnell slashed an officer's head with the scissors and was then fatally shot. [86]
2013‑01‑01 Chavez, Mark (49) New Mexico (Farmington) An officer responded to a report by Chavez that he had killed a woman. Chavez aggressively approached the officer with a blunt impact weapon. The officer used a Taser, which was ineffective. The officer then shot Chavez in the leg and torso. Chavez died at a local hospital. Investigators could not find evidence of a woman having been killed and suspect that Chavez made the call to lure police to his residence.[87]
2013-01-01 Fuentes, Victor (22) Texas (Tyler) Officers responded to reports of numerous gunshots at a home on New Years Eve. Officers arrived and heard more gunshots. A man was seen with a weapon and commanded to drop it. He instead went inside the house. After again refusing commands to drop the weapon, Fuentes pointed the handgun at an officer who fatally shot him.[88]
2013-01-01 Tavares, Christopher (21) Colorado (Pueblo) Officers were investigating a neighborhood after hearing gunfire. They pursued a suspicious vehicle that crashed after a short chase. A passenger in the vehicle shot an officer in the shoulder and three people fled in different directions. Officers found the shooting suspect less than an hour later. They fatally shot Tavares when he refused to listen to the officers' commands and attempted to flee. The two other persons in the vehicle were arrested.[89]

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
^^^

Only one in VA at least my state isn't one of the worst offenders.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Easy AF, I'm not stepping on the 2nd at all. Getting a little sleepy, hard to think of the proper words.

Sorry, not meaning to jump, but many folks actually believe that.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 04:04 PM

In a country that allows any old joke to be a cop it's equally well to be over cautious. But, again, I've never had to pull my weapon during a traffic stop. Of course, if I were forced to, I know the outcome. I wouldn't be getting a flag draped coffin and a mention in the paper that I was a "hero." Nor will my family be getting any union provided survivor benefits.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 04:07 PM

46 in 2012.

67 in 2011.

583 in 2012

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

My computer crashed not long ago and I lost quite a bit of pertinent info I use in these debates. I'm glad you chimed in. Gonna have to rebuild my database and save it to a card.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 04:11 PM
In a country that allows any old joke to be a cop it's equally well to be over cautious. But, again, I've never had to pull my weapon during a traffic stop. Of course, if I were forced to, I know the outcome. I wouldn't be getting a flag draped coffin and a mention in the paper that I was a "hero."

The selection process is one of the toughest things to get through. Some bad apples get through the screening though.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 04:13 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

My computer crashed not long ago and I lost quite a bit of pertinent info I use in these debates. I'm glad you chimed in. Gonna have to rebuild my database and save it to a card.

I hate when that happens.

Sequester did it.

bolil
03-20-2013, 04:14 PM
The selection process is one of the toughest things to get through. Some bad apples get through the screening though.

Or, as is more likely, do the apples come through as apples and get infected by the environment on the other side?

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Yeah, tell me about it. :rolleyes:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/287184/smart-people-need-not-apply-peter-kirsanow

ABC News reports that the Second Circuit Court of Appeals has dismissed the discrimination claim of an applicant to the New London, Conn., police department who was rejected because he scored too high on an intelligence test.

The Free Hornet
03-20-2013, 04:20 PM

[post #3 of this thread with no prior talk or discussion of you]

I thought you might be lying below, thanks for the proof:

I don't deserve to be disrespected, because I haven't disrespected anyone here, that hasn't disrespect me first. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406693-Confessions-of-an-active-duty-police-officer&p=4934418&viewfull=1#post4934418)

Yes, it happened in post #3 when you mischaracterized people here. You started firing random insults for no reason.

P3ter_Griffin
03-20-2013, 04:29 PM
ohhh, if only the truck driver would've tried to "get around him" with their bumpers hooked. the cop definitely deserved to taste that guardrail.

robert9712000
03-20-2013, 04:50 PM
The problem with our resident cop as well as alot of cops anymore is there mindset has switched from acting as a servant of the people - to be there and help them where ever they need help ,to seeing people as servants to the cop to where they had better listen to every order they tell you because to question anything they do is a act of rebellion that demands you get taught where your place is.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 04:50 PM
The problem with our resident cop as well as alot of cops anymore is there mindset has switched from acting as a servant of the people to be there and help them where ever they need to help to seeing people as servants to the cop to where they had better listen to every order they tell you because to question anything they do is a act of rebellion that demands you get taught where your place is.
This is exactly the problem.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
The problem with our resident cop as well as alot of cops anymore is there mindset has switched from acting as a servant of the people - to be there and help them where ever they need help ,to seeing people as servants to the cop to where they had better listen to every order they tell you because to question anything they do is a act of rebellion that demands you get taught where your place is.

I think that about covers it. +rep.

satchelmcqueen
03-20-2013, 05:01 PM
“I had a feeling he was going to do something crazy. I was in fear for my life.” said the mundane

lol finally the underdog uses the cops line.

jcannon98188
03-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Please point out one rude remark I've made that wasn't justified. Aren't you a lady? You shouldn't be talking like this, it's very unbecoming. Damn, I make one accidental sexist comment about females not needing to change their own tires and now, I'm a piece of shit. Lovely.
1.) No, I am very much a guy. 2.) There you go making yet another sexist remark (Aren't you a lady? You shouldn't be talking like this) 3.) You being a POS has nothing to do with your sexist remarks. It has to do with your job and your demeanor on this board. You have given up all pretenses of being "one of us" and are flying your authoritarian colors full mast now.

Neil Desmond
03-20-2013, 06:08 PM
We're breaking some basic rules guys.

Don't talk to cops

Don't feed the trolls

later yo
What if the people bad-mouthing all cops are actually corrupt cops lashing out at square cops?

PaulConventionWV
03-20-2013, 06:10 PM

That just says it all right there. Have fun being a government prick.

PaulConventionWV
03-20-2013, 06:12 PM

Do unto others as you'd have done to you? That's funny... coming from a cop. How about practice what you preach?

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
What if the people bad-mouthing all cops are actually corrupt cops lashing out at square cops?

You have me pegged.

Neil Desmond
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
You have me pegged.
I knew it!

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 06:47 PM
I knew it!

You need to post more. Your dossier is kinda is not as complete as others. I just hope you are not working in another agency and we are wasting each others time.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
You need to post more. Your dossier is kinda is not as complete as others. I just hope you are not working in another agency and we are wasting each others time.
Pissing contest over jurisdiction?

Neil Desmond
03-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Sorry, trying my best to post more here.

Neil Desmond
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM
What do you know about that, eh?

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
What do you know about that, eh?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3837124/adtr-police-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/3837124/adtr-police.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

What are you trying to say?

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 07:17 PM

I'd say I've pissed on these bushes a lot more then Neil Diamond. I'd tell ya what lobbying organization you should contribute to but then I'd have to kill you.It would be hard using your RPF dossier. ;)

^^^^ THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE ^^^^

I am not threatening anyone.

TheTexan
03-20-2013, 07:25 PM

You should probably go hold up traffic for several hours on a major interstate highway, to make sure you get the media's attention

TheTexan
03-20-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ND9J5Rf6KU

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 07:33 PM
I'd say I've pissed on these bushes a lot more then Neil Diamond. I'd tell ya what lobbying organization you should contribute to but then I'd have to kill you.It would be hard using your RPF dossier. ;)

^^^^ THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE ^^^^

I am not threatening anyone.
Reported.

Neil Desmond
03-20-2013, 07:34 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3837124/adtr-police-o.gif (http://gifsoup.com/view/3837124/adtr-police.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com)

What are you trying to say?
Uh...enjoy your donut, sir.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 07:37 PM
Uh...enjoy your donut, sir.
Just checking. Carry on.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Reported.

I just got the sit/rep. Well done citizen. Duly noted.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Yes, people trust me to do a job, just as I trust those same people not to blow my brains out when I come to their door to find out, what their problem is. When you see a cop pull someone over, you're thinking there's no way he's scared, he's got all the power. When in truth, we're scared out of our minds. We don't know whether the driver has a gun, we don't know what could happen. The MSM loves to post crap showing cops as thugs, but, they almost NEVER show a cop doing something good.

It is in their best interest to keep cops and regular joes on the street going at it, that way, they always have something to put on the tv. Most cops I know just want to make it through their careers, without ever having to have fired their weapons or tasers at anyone. I can say luckily I'm one of them so far, the only thing I've had to do is mace someone. I still remember what a taser felt like during academy.

Part of the problem is a military preference for hiring. In my opinion, former military should be disqualified from civilian law enforcement service.

It doesn't matter how heavily armed we are, when we approach a car, we aren't thinking right off, yea I better pull my weapon, this guy has a gun. How professional would we look if we went in with our hand on our weapon at all times?

I'm pretty sure the last few cops that pulled me over had their hand on their gun as they approached. Nevermind that my keys were on the dash, window down, and hands on the steering wheel. (I'm doing whatever I can to not scare them into killing me.)

Although, the worst one was when a cop was writing up a report after I had been rear ended by another motorist. I couldn't read his signature on the report, so I went to take a picture of his name tag. (Taking pics is how I remember things sometimes.) He jumped back 3 feet, put his hand on his gun, and started yelling about how I didn't need a picture of him. It was pretty fucked up.

You must see different news than I do. When someone kills a cop, it's 24 hour coverage until the killer is executed. When a cop kills someone, we always hear how they followed proper procedure and it was within policy.

XTreat
03-21-2013, 03:10 AM

Cops have been killing people for longer than any of us have been around.

asurfaholic
03-21-2013, 06:37 AM
I take offense to it, because deputies are not cops. People love to point that out to me all the time, how deputies are above us city cops. And what really got to me, were the insults being slung my way afterwards.

You are the fucking asshole that threw the first punch in this thread. You should re read page 1 and take a good minute and consider WHY people hate your kind of people.

green73
03-24-2013, 07:41 AM
North Carolina Deputy Rehired Days After Resigning Over Road Rage Incident
http://www.photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/03/23/north-carolina-deputy-rehired-days-after-resigning-over-road-rage-incident/

phill4paul
03-24-2013, 08:31 AM
North Carolina Deputy Rehired Days After Resigning Over Road Rage Incident
http://www.photographyisnotacrime.com/2013/03/23/north-carolina-deputy-rehired-days-after-resigning-over-road-rage-incident/

Deserves to be posted: SMFH

The North Carolina deputy who was forced to resign this week after committing an act of road rage that was caught on video was rehired a few days later, proving that the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office was merely trying to appease the media after drafting a lengthy press release.

Craig Culpepper thanked the lord on his Facebook page when he announced the news to his friends and family.

He should also publicly thank the North Charleston Police Department for not citing him, even though they acknowledged he was at fault for the accident he caused when he cut off another driver in his patrol car and slammed on the brakes, forcing that driver to hit him from behind.

After all, police usually frown upon culpable drivers leaving the scene of an accident.

Nevertheless, Culpepper did at least make a public apology for the incident on his Facebook page, which he doesn’t keep private, accepting full blame for the incident, even though he blamed Chad Walton for “baiting” him into acting like asshole.

On Monday the 18th of March; I competed a 40 hour K9 Handlers training course in Edisto Island, South Carolina, while driving home I allowed another person to manage my emotions and I made a very bad decision. While traveling on highway 526 in Charleston South Carolina; I was being tailgated by another driver in a much bigger hurry then I was, and I reacted to his impatience by creating a situation that could have had very serious consequences. I have embarrassed; myself, my family and my fellow law enforcement officers. I apologize to any law enforcement officer’s that feel any repercussions for my actions. As a result of my actions I am no longer a deputy with the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office; this I am very hurt by, I loved my job, the people I worked with and the citizens I worked for; and it drives home the mistake I made. Let me be clear I made a mistake, I own it, it’s mine and I will not try to hide it or cover it up.
The above statement is not something we normally see from cops who screw up, so I’ll give him a few points for that.

But if the Onslow County Sheriff’s Office wanted to be just as honest, they could at least issue another press release explaining its decision to rehire him.

otherone
03-24-2013, 08:57 AM
A) I allowed another person to manage my emotions and I made a very bad decision
+
B)I was being tailgated by another driver in a much bigger hurry then I was, and I reacted to his impatience
=/=
C)Let me be clear I made a mistake, I own it, it’s mine and I will not try to hide it or cover it up.

Fuck him. He still blames the guy BEHIND him.

leverguy
03-24-2013, 09:12 AM

When we continually see LEOs pulling this kind of shit and getting protected by their PIG buddies, then you're right - WE (MUNDANES) REALLY START TO HATE LAW ENFORCEMENT!

BTW - who's the bigger hypocrite? My vote goes to the guys who will instantly beat, taze, rob, and jail YOU for the very things they do themselves with impunity. Is that not the definition of HYPOCRISY?

PaulConventionWV
03-24-2013, 09:37 AM

His story proves beyond a reasonable doubt that cop killings happen a lot, statistically, throughout the whole, entire country. No question about it... at all.

PaulConventionWV
03-24-2013, 09:38 AM

Ummm, 38 felonious deaths out of how many encounters? What statistics would you be happy with where you could be reasonably certain that the person in the vehicle was not going to shoot you?

PaulConventionWV
03-24-2013, 09:48 AM
“I had a feeling he was going to do something crazy. I was in fear for my life.” said the mundane

lol finally the underdog uses the cops line.

Wait, you mean saying that you feared for your life DOESN'T absolve you of any responsibility?