PDA

View Full Version : Iowa cop delivers baby

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Yep... I've done this...

http://news.yahoo.com/speeding-iowa-dad-ignores-police-baby-coming-173912890.html

FSP-Rebel
03-19-2013, 06:34 PM
Woah, there's many a police officer that would've maneuvered that car off the road for not stopping and then tazed the woman having the baby. I felt a little nauseous after reading the baby was already part way out when the officer strolled up. I probably would've fainted.

tod evans
03-19-2013, 07:01 PM
I too have delivered babies, yup plural..

USN NRMCGLAKES.............

Really it's much harder on the mother..

Origanalist
03-19-2013, 07:38 PM
I hear Ron Paul delivered a few.

ronpaulfollower999
03-19-2013, 07:59 PM
Next week on Yahoo news: Firefighters Put Out Fire

chudrockz
03-19-2013, 08:06 PM
I was totally expecting to read "Iowa cop delivers baby, then shoots the family dog."

tfurrh
03-19-2013, 08:50 PM
Then arrested it.

Origanalist
03-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Then arrested it.

Good to hear from you. you don't come around much.

QuickZ06
03-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Fixed a flat for a couple when I saw two cops that just blew right by the stranded couple in the middle of the desert. What's the worst part was the cop station was right down the road. I figured since it was 2 a.m. in the morning they were just getting off there shift and did not want to help. One of the most screwed up things I saw, as the couple had no idea how to change a tire and they were pretty much screwed if I did not stop and help.

Origanalist
03-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Fixed a flat for a couple when I saw two cops just blew right by the stranded couple in the middle of the desert. What's the worst part was the cop station was right down the road. I figured since it was 2.am. in the morning they were just getting off there shift and did not want to help. One of the most screwed up things I saw, as the couple had no idea how to change a tire and they were pretty much screwed if I did not stop and help.

I see that all the time. No time for stranded motorists, unless they think an arrest is possible.

QuickZ06
03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I see that all the time. No time for stranded motorists, unless they think an arrest is possible.

Correctamundo!

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 06:45 AM

We're not AAA, you want a tire changed call them.

Origanalist
03-20-2013, 06:52 AM
We're not AAA, you want a tire changed call them.

You're there to enforce the law , right sport?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 06:56 AM
You're there to enforce the law , right sport?

There is no law that states I have to change your goddamn tire.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-20-2013, 06:56 AM
The baby's head and arms were already out by the time Iowa City Officer Kevin Wolfe reached the passenger door.

That must have been an interesting thing for the cop to see. I never got to see that when my daughter was born.

Origanalist
03-20-2013, 07:01 AM

Now, now son....don't get all pissy on me. I can change my own tire, you just get on with the business of being the worlds mommy.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 07:06 AM
Now, now son....don't get all pissy on me. I can change my own tire, you just get on with the business of being the worlds mommy.

I'm not the United States Government. You got my job confused with them.

jclay2
03-20-2013, 07:36 AM

What about being a servant to the community? Shouldn't that be the central role for a local policeman?

Bruno
03-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Very cool. I delivered my own son at home last Christmas. Felt a little like Ron that day. :)

But my wife of course had the hard job of 26 hours of labor without meds.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 07:45 AM
What about being a servant to the community? Shouldn't that be the central role for a local policeman?

There's a difference between being a servant of the community and being a tire changer. Who the fuck doesn't know how to change a tire? I changed my first tire at 10. That's one of the first things you learn how to do.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 07:57 AM
There's a difference between being a servant of the community and being a tire changer. Who the fuck doesn't know how to change a tire? I changed my first tire at 10. That's one of the first things you learn how to do.

The original story by QuickZ06 is that cops blew past a stranded motorist without offering assistance. As in checking to make sure they were alright, had AAA and if not arrange for a local tow service. You know? Community service.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:02 AM
The original story by QuickZ06 is that cops blew past a stranded motorist without offering assistance. As in checking to make sure they were alright, had AAA and if not arrange for a local tow service. You know? Community service.

Not a cops responsibility, do you know how many abandoned cars we see on the road daily? Is it the cops fault that the man didn't know how to change a tire? A female I can understand, because my wife didn't know how to change a tire, but, what kind of man doesn't know how change a tire?

mport1
03-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Yep... I've done this...

http://news.yahoo.com/speeding-iowa-dad-ignores-police-baby-coming-173912890.html

Does this forgive the fact that he has initiated violence on countless peaceful people and is paid by money stolen from taxpayers? One good deed doesn't make up for the terrible things he has done as part of his job.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Does this forgive the fact that he has initiated violence on countless peaceful people and is paid by money stolen from taxpayers?

You don't know what he has or hasn't initiated. You just assume that since he's a cop he's the big bad boogie man.

mport1
03-20-2013, 08:09 AM
You don't know what he has or hasn't initiated. You just assume that since he's a cop he's the big bad boogie man.

The vast majority of any cop's job involves initiating violence on peaceful people. It is part of the job.

So, I don't assume that, I know it.

jkr
03-20-2013, 08:11 AM
GR8 JOB!

green73
03-20-2013, 08:13 AM

They're more concerned about getting to the doughnut shop than traffic safety.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 08:17 AM
They're more concerned about getting to the doughnut shop than traffic safety.

You didn't know, how to quickly find the closest doughnut shop is part of the academy. We don't need to learn thousands of laws, all we have to know is where the closest dunkin donuts is to graduate. /sarcasm

green73
03-20-2013, 08:37 AM
You didn't know, how to quickly find the closest doughnut shop is part of the academy. We don't need to learn thousands of laws, all we have to know is where the closest dunkin donuts is to graduate. /sarcasm

Sheeeeit. They don't learn all those laws. They often don't even know basic constitutional rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

But hey, pay them six figures (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png).

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Not a cops responsibility, do you know how many abandoned cars we see on the road daily? Is it the cops fault that the man didn't know how to change a tire? A female I can understand, because my wife didn't know how to change a tire, but, what kind of man doesn't know how change a tire?

Not a cops responsibility? Well, at least you admit it. To Serve and Protect. Just another useless motto.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
damn, cops blew right by a stranded couple in the desert?...that couple could have had a nuke in the trunk, or 20 illegals in the back seat, or 500 lbs. of cocaine, or raw milk, or...meh...cops...whatta racket.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
damn, cops blew right by a stranded couple in the desert?...that couple could have had a nuke in the trunk, or 20 illegals in the back seat, or 500 lbs. of cocaine, or raw milk, or...meh...cops...whatta racket.

The man should be a man and learn how to change a tire. I ask again, what type of man doesn't know how to change a tire?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Not a cops responsibility? Well, at least you admit it. To Serve and Protect. Just another useless motto.

What part of changing tires is serving and protecting, do tell.

jkr
03-20-2013, 09:42 AM
The man should be a man and learn how to change a tire. I ask again, what type of man doesn't know how to change a tire?

who gives a fuck!
the person could have had a health condition!
his pretty lights would have informed travelers to maybe change lanes & give the human some breathing space
serve & protect

what type of MAN doesnt understand common decency & natural human rights protected by the constitution?

the police have no obligation to protect you or you or property...OR change your tire mundane!
now BACK to work $laved so i can eat of your substance!

green73
03-20-2013, 09:48 AM

Don't you know that hundreds of people are killed each year changing tires? A cop could at least park behind them, turn on his lights and eat some donuts until the situation is resolved.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM

Why are you ignoring my point and focusing on having to change a tire. I specifically asked you about stopping to check that the individuals were alright, seeing if they had AAA and if not arranging for wrecker service. Offering assistance. Of course you cleared that up for me....

Not a cops responsibility, do you know how many abandoned cars we see on the road daily?

So you believe that it is not your responsibility to stop and render assistance. To serve and protect. Because there are just so many abandoned vehicles that it would be too much trouble to see if one of them had an incapacitated driver. Or was possibly a vehicle used in a homicide that contained the body in the trunk. Got it. Wouldn't expect any less.
You know in my town abandoned vehicles are dealt with in a specific way. The first officer to find one checks it out. They then place an orange decal on the back window to let other officers know that the vehicle has been checked. The vehicle is also entered into a data base and is impounded within three days if not moved from the right of way. At least that way if a heart attack victim is slumped over there is a chance that he might be found in time.
You should recommend this to your local government. Perhaps you can get a meritorious citation or some shit.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Don't you know that hundreds of people are killed each year changing tires? A cop could at least park behind them, turn on his lights and eat some donuts until the situation is resolved.

Who'da thunk? Obviously there are much better things to do than render assistance.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Very cool. I delivered my own son at home last Christmas. Felt a little like Ron that day. :)

But my wife of course had the hard job of 26 hours of labor without meds.

"Caught" both of mine. ;)

Quite a thrill, I thought.

Mrs. AF, maybe not so much. :D

green73
03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Who'da thunk? Obviously there are much better things to do than render assistance.

Revenue generate.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Why are you ignoring my point and focusing on having to change a tire. I specifically asked you about stopping to check that the individuals were alright, seeing if they had AAA and if not arranging for wrecker service. Offering assistance. Of course you cleared that up for me....

So you believe that it is not your responsibility to stop and render assistance. To serve and protect. Because there are just so many abandoned vehicles that it would be too much trouble to see if one of them had an incapacitated driver. Or was possibly a vehicle used in a homicide that contained the body in the trunk. Got it. Wouldn't expect any less.
You know in my town abandoned vehicles are dealt with in a specific way. The first officer to find one checks it out. They then place an orange decal on the back window to let other officers know that the vehicle has been checked. The vehicle is also entered into a data base and is impounded within three days if not moved from the right of way. At least that way if a heart attack victim is slumped over there is a chance that he might be found in time.
You should recommend this to your local government. Perhaps you can get a meritorious citation or some shit.

Again, it is not a cops job to stop and play AAA. Do you know that most people turn on their hazards AND then leave their car behind. Sorry, but again, our oath isn't "to serve, protect and change a tire when needed"

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Again, it is not a cops job to stop and play AAA. Do you know that most people turn on their hazards AND then leave their car behind. Sorry, but again, our oath isn't "to serve, protect and change a tire when needed"

Again, you miss the whole point entirely. As would be expected. Carry on officer awesome.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Again, you miss the whole point entirely. As would be expected. Carry on officer awesome.

What point? You're sitting here trying to tell me because I took an oath to protect and serve that I should have to change someones tire. That's not how this works.

chudrockz
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM
What point? You're sitting here trying to tell me because I took an oath to protect and serve that I should have to change someones tire. That's not how this works.

That's not at all what he said.

kathy88
03-20-2013, 10:31 AM

I don't think that's what Phil was trying to say at all. There's been a lot of harshness in this thread directed at you unjustly, I'll give you that. But can you see where the attitude you convey feeds into it? No, you're not under any obligation to fix a tire. But at 2 a.m. aren't you under some moral obligation as an officer to make sure that a stranded motorist has the means to extricate themselves from a potentially "dangerous" situation. Let's play hypotheticals for a minute. 2 a.m. Stranded motorist. You're on duty, drive by without stopping. Next day they're found dead shot in their vehicle in that same spot. How do you feel?

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM

Are you being obtuse on purpose? No where, at no time, have I said, or implied, that your job is to change someones fucking tire.

I'll reference back to post #36 and see if you can comprehend the merits of rendering assistance.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 10:54 AM

yep, its called descretion. But discretion only applies if your not in the 'mood' to help someone in the desert, but your descretion goes out the window if your over lords demand you bust some kid smoking a joint.

mport1
03-20-2013, 10:56 AM

How are you "protecting and serving" people when you are initiating violence against them when they have harmed nobody else? That sounds more like hurting them and violating their rights, not protecting them, which would go against the oath you took.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Are you being obtuse on purpose? No where, at no time, have I said, or implied, that your job is to change someones fucking tire.

I'll reference back to post #36 and see if you can comprehend the merits of rendering assistance.

It is not in my fucking job description to render assistance to someone who is broken down, or can you not comprehend the part where I wrote, WE ARE NOT AAA. If these people had a problem, they would have called for assistance, obviously there was no problem.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
How are you "protecting and serving" people when you are initiating violence against them when they have harmed nobody else? That sounds more like hurting them, not protecting them, which would go against the oath you took.

More of this? The fact is 90% of you here that hate me and other cops is because you want to smoke pot. Lets get real. I don't even think any of you would give two shits what most cops did as long as you could smoke herb legally.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
It is not in my fucking job description to render assistance to someone who is broken down, or can you not comprehend the part where I wrote, WE ARE NOT AAA. If these people had a problem, they would have called for assistance, obviously there was no problem.

i could see your point here, but this couple was in the DESERT, not downtown LA on the 405....geez..would you treat your mother this way?

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:04 AM

Then whether or not you are a 'good' cop or 'bad' cop, you are just fucking useless. You don't serve and you don't protect, so really, you ARE just a revenue generator. Useless.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:06 AM
More of this? The fact is 90% of you here that hate me and other cops is because you want to smoke pot. Lets get real. I don't even think any of you would give two shits what most cops did as long as you could smoke herb legally.

You'd be wrong.

Fivezeroes
i could see your point here, but this couple was in the DESERT, not downtown LA on the 405....geez..would you treat your mother this way?

Yea and that right there is the kicker, this was the DESERT at 2am, the chances of them being struck by another vehicle was so slim, that it didn't warrant the need for assistance, especially considering another motorist had already stopped to help.

JK/SEA

this is a 'biting the rug' reaction Mr. Cop.....you gonna go out and shoot a dog now?

Fivezeroes
You'd be wrong.

Hypotheticals, you can't say for certain what you would do.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:07 AM
this is a 'biting the rug' reaction Mr. Cop.....you gonna go out and shoot a dog now?

Only if said dog were to attack me and pepper spray didn't work. I use all available options before I decide lethal is needed. A burst of pepper spray is enough to send any dog running, save for a rabid dog.

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Only if said dog were to attack me and pepper spray didn't work. I use all available options before I decide lethal is needed. A burst of pepper spray is enough to send any dog running, save for a rabid dog.

pretty sure that would be your story.....yes indeed.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Hypotheticals, you can't say for certain what you would do.

Wut the fuck are you on about? I can't be for certain what I would do regarding...what?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Wut the fuck are you on about? I can't be for certain what I would do regarding...what?

Have you already forgotten what you posted in reply to what I initially said?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
pretty sure that would be your story.....yes indeed.

Well luckily, I've never had to use deadly force on a dog. So, keep up with grouping me with sociopath cops.

cjm
03-20-2013, 11:19 AM

If every interaction with a LEO is some kind of ticket or arrest, over time people will naturally avoid and/or look down on law enforcement. If some of those interactions are LEOs helping out without busting people, then the average person's view of law enforcement might be closer to what you desire. No one expects you to change a tire, if you did, that would be recognized as going above and beyond the call of duty. But to pull over and simply ask, "is everything ok?" would be a nice gesture and probably not get you in trouble with your superiors. You never know, the response might be, "my cell phone died and I can't call triple-A." There's an opportunity to change or improve someone's view of law enforcement. Give him a ride to the next exit, radio something in, get creative. Just something to think about.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Have you already forgotten what you posted in reply to what I initially said?

SMFH....

you said......

I don't even think any of you would give two shits what most cops did as long as you could smoke herb legally.

I replied....

You'd be wrong.

Pretty fucking straight forward. For those with reading comprehension skills.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:23 AM
SMFH....

you said......

I replied....

Pretty fucking straight forward. For those with reading comprehension skills.

And obviously you don't have either, if you just questioned what the fuck I was talking about when I said.

Hypotheticals... You can throw out all the you'd be wrong all you want, but in any hypothetical situation, anyone can say, they wouldn't have done something... My guess is you read what I said as calling your statement hypocritical and if so... well lets just say, you should stop judging someone on their reading comprehension, eh?

JK/SEA
03-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Well luckily, I've never had to use deadly force on a dog. So, keep up with grouping me with sociopath cops.

haven't labeled you a sociopath, but you are exhibiting psychotic behavior in here...

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
:rolleyes: I don't smoke pot and I don't do drugs. I also don't hate you, personally. I know how you and your bretheren truly feel. I've seen it many times and you have stated as much. You really must be clueless if your own statements don't illustrate to you why people hate the police. Think objectively. Sure, some people have been unnecessarily harsh towards you but man the fuck up. It isn't my job to change tires either but you know what, I'll stop and see if I can't help. You getting defensive and saying 'We don't sign your checks' or that 'you don't work for us' or that 'you aren't AAA' really does not help your case.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 11:35 AM
If every interaction with a LEO is some kind of ticket or arrest, over time people will naturally avoid and/or look down on law enforcement. If some of those interactions are LEOs helping out without busting people, then the average person's view of law enforcement might be closer to what you desire. No one expects you to change a tire, if you did, that would be recognized as going above and beyond the call of duty. But to pull over and simply ask, "is everything ok?" would be a nice gesture and probably not get you in trouble with your superiors. You never know, the response might be, "my cell phone died and I can't call triple-A." There's an opportunity to change or improve someone's view of law enforcement. Give him a ride to the next exit, radio something in, get creative. Just something to think about.
QFT.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:36 AM
And obviously you don't have either, if you just questioned what the fuck I was talking about when I said.

Hypotheticals... You can throw out all the you'd be wrong all you want, but in any hypothetical situation, anyone can say, they wouldn't have done something... My guess is you read what I said as calling your statement hypocritical and if so... well lets just say, you should stop judging someone on their reading comprehension, eh?

OK. Now I understand your point. But, in this instance you would be wrong. You do realize that pot is legal in some states now? And personally legalization isn't really my issue. The militarization of police and the attitude you convey speak much more to my antipathy.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:42 AM
OK. Now I understand your point. But, in this instance you would be wrong. You do realize that pot is legal in some states now? And personally legalization isn't really my issue. The militarization of police and the attitude you convey speak much more to my antipathy.

Yes, and I'm quite happy that it is legal in CO and WA, I wish to god, it would hurry up and become legal everywhere. I didn't have my attitude when I first came it, it was the weeks and weeks of constant bashing. There's only so much any human is willing to take, cop or not.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Yes, and I'm quite happy that it is legal in CO and WA, I wish to god, it would hurry up and become legal everywhere. I didn't have my attitude when I first came it, it was the weeks and weeks of constant bashing. There's only so much any human is willing to take, cop or not.

You opened yourself to it from day one. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406693-Confessions-of-an-active-duty-police-officer

Can't stand the heat, don't get in the kitchen. Your comments since the beginning have slowly changed to reveal your true convictions as I knew they would. And people have responded in kind.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:52 AM
You opened yourself to it from day one. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?406693-Confessions-of-an-active-duty-police-officer

Can't stand the heat, don't get in the kitchen. Your comments since the beginning have slowly changed to reveal your true convictions as I knew they would. And people have responded in kind.

Negative, I have only responded back with the same disdain that I am given. Take for instance this post, you and I are having a civil, if but terse discussion. Neither one of us is disrespecting the other. Most of my posts have been this way.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 12:00 PM

As negative as I can be on this subject, kudos to the "Good Guy" NH State Trooper who helped me push my dead Dodge van 150 yards to decent shoulder area out of the way a few years ago.

In the pouring ass rain as well.

And there is nothing deader than a dead Dodge van.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 12:06 PM
As negative as I can be on this subject, kudos to the "Good Guy" NH State Trooper who helped me push my dead Dodge van 150 yards to decent shoulder area out of the way a few years ago.

In the pouring ass rain as well.

And there is nothing deader than a dead Dodge van.

Good for that statie, it was nice of him. Kind of wonder if you had told him how much disdain you had for cops, would he have still helped you. It's like I have said, Cops are pieces of shit, until you find that you need us, then we're somehow your savior.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Good for that statie, it was nice of him. Kind of wonder if you had told him how much disdain you had for cops, would he have still helped you. It's like I have said, Cops are pieces of shit, until you find that you need us, then we're somehow your savior.
Meh, I keep hearing this but I don't know. Is there any way I could opt out?

Seems to me I am required 'services' I do not want nor do I need. I've stated in another thread that I've been told that once before by a cop. I told him in no uncertain terms, if you find me, leave my ass where I lay. [he used the example of being injured in an auto-accident] My phone does not call the police, I do not call the police, anyone wishing to call the police must find themselves another phone. And I'm dead serious.

I'll go through the little game of filling out reports should I be required to but aside from that I'd much appreciate never to see one.

Blame Chief of Police ****** and Lieutenant ****** They were a lot lower in rank when I met them.

mport1
03-20-2013, 12:27 PM

No, I don't even smoke. I'm upset with you because what you do for a living is morally reprehensible. Additionally, the fact that you are posting here and have had this explained to you many times means you should know better.

You are even more culpable for your actions because you have been presented with information explaining to you that you are harming people and violating their rights and you still continue to inflict violence on innocent people.

I care about the well-being of everybody, and want the rights of all individuals to be upheld. You are ruining people's lives, and it is completely despicable. I think you need to think long and hard about how you live your life. If you truly want to "protect and serve" people, you are in the wrong profession.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
No, I don't even smoke. I'm upset with you because what you do for a living is morally reprehensible. Additionally, the fact that you are posting here and have had this explained to you many times means you should know better.

You are even more culpable for your actions because you have been presented with information explaining to you that you are harming people and violating their rights and you still continue to inflict violence on innocent people.

I care about the well-being of everybody, and want the rights of all individuals to be upheld. You are ruining people's lives, and it is completely despicable. I think you need to think long and hard about how you live your life. If you truly want to "protect and serve" people, you are in the wrong profession.

People are ruining their own lives by breaking the laws. Back when I used to smoke constantly, I knew what I was doing was highly illegal according to my state laws. It would have been my own fault for getting busted. There is a such thing as taking responsibility for your own actions. Stop blaming other people for your fuck ups and short-comings.

mport1
03-20-2013, 01:05 PM
People are ruining their own lives by breaking the laws. Back when I used to smoke constantly, I knew what I was doing was highly illegal according to my state laws. It would have been my own fault for getting busted. There is a such thing as taking responsibility for your own actions. Stop blaming other people for your fuck ups and short-comings.

Wow, your cognitive dissonance is shocking.

People are not ruining their own lives, YOU are ruining their lives. Take some responsibility for YOUR own actions and stop blaming other people.

I don't know how you can possibly sleep at night knowing the harm you are doing to people and their families.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Wow, your cognitive dissonance is shocking.

People are not ruining their own lives, YOU are ruining their lives. Take some responsibility for YOUR own actions and stop blaming other people.

I don't know how you can possibly sleep at night knowing the harm you are doing to people and their families.

Quite easy, I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. Don't expect me to feel sympathy for someone who breaks the law. I wouldn't have expected anyone to feel sorry for me if I had been busted while I was smoking, so why should I feel sorry for someone who knows what the laws are and they willfully break them?

cjm
03-20-2013, 01:19 PM

I think you are confusing morality (mport1's comment) and legality. Marijuana seems to be a sensitive subject here, so let's look at another example. Colonists were breaking the existing law when they seceded from England. Breaking the law was taking responsibility for their own actions. Most Americans today would consider the technically illegal acts of the colonists to be morally sound. Most Americans would also consider those colonists not to have ruined their lives by breaking the law, but would consider them heroes. You cannot tell the difference between an "eff up" and a hero simply by measuring whether a law was broken. One has to judge the law itself.

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Negative, I have only responded back with the same disdain that I am given. Take for instance this post, you and I are having a civil, if but terse discussion. Neither one of us is disrespecting the other. Most of my posts have been this way.

I'm all for terse. I understand that you have a disdain for me and my beliefs as I do for you and yours. We'll see where these discussions go.

cjm
03-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Don't expect me to feel sympathy for someone who breaks the law...why should I feel sorry for someone who knows what the laws are and they willfully break them?

Are you saying that Rosa Parks should have just gone to the back of the bus? Or would you agree that some laws are wrong and need to be challenged? And if some laws need to be challenged, and those challenging them suffer, wouldn't it be natural to feel sympathy for them?

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 01:37 PM

LOL - tense much?

Look, let me make something clear, as I have had to do a million times before, and as one of the resident "cop bashers" will have to do over and over again.

I don't hate you, I don't know you.

In the situation above, I appreciated the help, but it was not absolutely needed or called. There were a millions ways that situation could have resolved itself, but I wanted to take a step back and acknowledge a good deed, that didn't have to be done, thus, it is a good deed. (Which only proves that, in my case, no good deed go unpunished.)

What I hate, is that you represent the enforcement arm, the "standing army" if you will, of a government that has gone bad and tyrannical.

A government that has lost my consent to govern me.

A government that is arming and training and gearing up to make war on me, my family, my friends and my community.

Part of that training and acclimation is the adoption of things like the circular force continuum and arrests for "contempt of cop", which I despise on a personal level, haughty, condescending and "holier than thou" attitudes of government enforcers make my blood boil.

Now, maybe you'll claim not to have seen that, or not to have heard of such things, but that does not negate the fact that they do exist.

I'm sorry if your chosen profession elicits a response like that from me.

mport1
03-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Are you saying that Rosa Parks should have just gone to the back of the bus? Or would you agree that some laws are wrong and need to be challenged? And if some laws need to be challenged, and those challenging them suffer, wouldn't it be natural to feel sympathy for them?

I can't wait to hear his response to this line of questioning. This is really a case study in cognitive dissonance. It is just fascinating how this guy twists things in his mind to justify his disgusting and immoral behavior.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 02:12 PM

There's a huge difference between what Rosa Parks did and what someone smoking dope does. How many times have anti-pot laws been challenged? And how often have they been removed from he books? It is not a human right to smoke pot, no matter how much I loved to, no matter how much you love to, no matter how much the next guy down the street loves to. You do not have that right.

Like I said, if I had been caught doing it back when I was younger, and I had went to jail, no one would have felt sympathy for me, so why should I feel sympathy for them? People know what the risk of smoking dope is, hell, half the time, we don't care that you smoke. What we're after is if you're dealing.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 02:13 PM
I can't wait to hear his response to this line of questioning. This is really a case study in cognitive dissonance. It is just fascinating how this guy twists things in his mind to justify his disgusting and immoral behavior.

What's fascinating is the reason you gave to negging me. That's what's fascinating.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 02:17 PM
There's a huge difference between what Rosa Parks did and what someone smoking dope does. How many times have anti-pot laws been challenged? And how often have they been removed from he books? It is not a human right to smoke pot, no matter how much I loved to, no matter how much you love to, no matter how much the next guy down the street loves to. You do not have that right.

Like I said, if I had been caught doing it back when I was younger, and I had went to jail, no one would have felt sympathy for me, so why should I feel sympathy for them? People know what the risk of smoking dope is, hell, half the time, we don't care that you smoke. What we're after is if you're dealing.

Umm, yes, it most certainly is.

Otherwise, you do not own yourself.

Riddle me this:

Why was a constitutional amendment needed to ban alcohol, a man made substance, but not to ban marijuana, a native and naturally occurring weed?

mport1
03-20-2013, 02:22 PM

You don't own your own body? Self-ownership is a universal human right from which all other rights are derived. If you don't own yourself, you are a slave.

Everybody here would have felt sympathy for you because you were doing nothing wrong then, now is a different story... Would you better off today had you spent time in jail?

Since you are so concerned with upholding what some politicians wrote on a piece of paper, I suggest you turn yourself in for breaking the law. You should do your time for your past crimes. If you don't do so, you are a hypocrite.

cjm
03-20-2013, 02:27 PM
It is not a human right to smoke pot, no matter how much I loved to, no matter how much you love to, no matter how much the next guy down the street loves to. You do not have that right.

Do I have a right to put anything in my body? And if so, how do you determine which substances I have a right to consume and which ones I do not? And is turnabout fair play? Can I decide what you have a right to consume?

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 02:46 PM
You don't own your own body? Self-ownership is a universal human right from which all other rights are derived. If you don't own yourself, you are a slave.

Everybody here would have felt sympathy for you because you were doing nothing wrong then, now is a different story... Would you better off today had you spent time in jail?

Since you are so concerned with upholding what some politicians wrote on a piece of paper, I suggest you turn yourself in for breaking the law. You should do your time for your past crimes. If you don't do so, you are a hypocrite.

I admitted to my drug use when I took the polygraph to become a cop. Statute of limitations on misdemeanors such as smoking dope is 6 months. So, no I wont go to jail for a past mistake. Nice try though.

@CJM If you were a lawmaker and your law got passed saying that cops could only eat salads then as a law it would have to be followed... then again, If I had to eat nothing but salads I'd quit the force anyway. Laws are laws... like I said I don't make them, but, if I don't enforce them, then I get in just as much if not more shit than the lawbreaker.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Fivezeroes do you agree that it is fundamental for every human being to take responsibility for themselves? And that every person has the right to make their own decisions even if they are harmful or decisions you might not agree with? [so long as no one else is aggressed against, or rather, no one else's rights were violated]

It is the basis of liberty.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Fivezeroes do you agree that it is fundamental for every human being to take responsibility for themselves? And that every person has the right to make their own decisions even if they are harmful or decisions you might not agree with?

It is the basis of liberty.

I believe that every one should take responsibility for themselves, even if what they do is harmful or I don't agree with it, but also taking responsibility would also mean being responsible if they broke the law.

mport1
03-20-2013, 03:04 PM
I admitted to my drug use when I took the polygraph to become a cop. Statute of limitations on misdemeanors such as smoking dope is 6 months. So, no I wont go to jail for a past mistake. Nice try though.

I don't care about statute of limitations. You said breaking drug laws is wrong and that people should be responsible for their actions. You broke the law and thus, according to your logic, you should pay for your crimes. Not doing so is hypocritical.

cjm
03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
@CJM If you were a lawmaker and your law got passed saying that cops could only eat salads then as a law it would have to be followed... then again, If I had to eat nothing but salads I'd quit the force anyway. Laws are laws... like I said I don't make them, but, if I don't enforce them, then I get in just as much if not more shit than the lawbreaker.

Do you believe you have a natural right to eat salads? That question is core to the understanding of the marijuana debate. If you think you have no right to eat food if a legislature outlaws food, you might be on the wrong forum. Just sayin.

mport1
03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Do you believe you have a natural right to eat salads? That question is core to the understanding of the marijuana debate. If you think you have no right to eat food if a legislature outlaws food, you might be on the wrong forum. Just sayin.

I'm pretty sure this guy is willing to do just about anything politicians write down on a piece of paper. He seems to think that somehow makes rights infringements legitimate, and that he has no culpability for his actions if he follows those orders.

Seeing this line of reasoning, it is no wonder tyranny comes about so easily. All you need are a bunch of people like him who do what they are told, no matter how wrong their actions are.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 03:30 PM

I believe I have the right to choose what I eat, but, if there was a law requiring that I eat salad, I'd have no choice but to follow it or quit.

@mport Stop being stupid, when the statute of limitations passes, no matter how much I'd want to serve the time, if I did, big wow 10 days in jail. No prosecutor in the world would do it, because it's a waste of time and taxpayer money.

kcchiefs6465
03-20-2013, 04:59 PM
I believe I have the right to choose what I eat, but, if there was a law requiring that I eat salad, I'd have no choice but to follow it or quit.

@mport Stop being stupid, when the statute of limitations passes, no matter how much I'd want to serve the time, if I did, big wow 10 days in jail. No prosecutor in the world would do it, because it's a waste of time and taxpayer money.
A couple of things- one, it's always a waste of time and taxpayer money. The hypothetical situation of prosecuting decades old marijuana cases may be more outrageous than a lot of marijuana prosecutions but let's be serious.

If there was a law that said you must eat salads you'd have no choice but to either follow it or quit? Okay, and what about if that law is istitutionalized across the country? [not just in your PD] Are you saying that it is morally required of you to eat nothing but salads should a statute say as much and are you saying that you would actually oblige? It's a sad damn day in America when a lot of Americans probably think like that.

TheTexan
03-20-2013, 05:17 PM

100% correct.

The whole idea of cops existing to "Protect & Serve" is a myth. Wool over eyes of the sheep.

Your profession's purpose is to "Enforce & Control."

phill4paul
03-20-2013, 05:22 PM
5-0, You had mentioned in an earlier post that you were tired so I realize you may have called it a night. If you would, please, when you check this thread would you please give an answer to this question?

Riddle me this:

Why was a constitutional amendment needed to ban alcohol, a man made substance, but not to ban marijuana, a native and naturally occurring weed?

QuickZ06
03-20-2013, 06:38 PM

Cannot believe he said all that. You pretty much summed it all up.

cjm
03-20-2013, 11:51 PM
It is not a human right to smoke pot

Do I have a right to smoke a tobacco cigarette if I want?

I believe I have the right to choose what I eat

Do I have a right to eat a marijuana brownie if I want?

tod evans
03-21-2013, 04:46 AM

Which of these 6000+ new laws (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407961-6-126-new-federal-regulations-in-the-last-90-days) are you obeying/breaking today?

Do you claim to actually read and understand the "spirit" of the laws you enforce or do you rely on others to "help" you grasp what actually is a prosecutable offence?

Don't answer hastily.....All of us have had our perspective slanted by our own experience and quite honestly are only capable of viewing the world through our own eyes, not necessarily the eyes of those who wrote the legislation..

In most places the prosecutor decides which laws are actually enforced seeing as how only a small percentage of cases actually make it to jury trial...So are you comfortable with the prosecutor of your county deciding which laws you must enforce/obey?

jtap
03-21-2013, 07:30 AM
Just a thought...it's interesting that we basically all take for granted that every motorist has a cell phone. Think of how many years we drove without them and there was no way to call AAA unless a cop came by and radioed it in.

mport1
03-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Which of these 6000+ new laws (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407961-6-126-new-federal-regulations-in-the-last-90-days) are you obeying/breaking today?

He obviously doesn't know the laws. It's impossible for anybody to read them in a lifetime.

He just picks off his victims using his discretion and would never apply the law equally. I'm sure he commits multiple felonies a day like most people, but he'd never turn in himself or a fellow officer for that.