PDA

View Full Version : Graham calls for boots on the ground in Syria

RonPaulFanInGA
03-19-2013, 03:21 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57575203/graham-calls-for-boots-on-the-ground-in-syria/

Christian Liberty
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
And so it begins...

If the soldiers were really "Fighting for our freedom" They'd be killing our congressmen. Instead, they will likely be sent to another middle eastern country to provoke Al Queda even further and make us less free...

moostraks
03-19-2013, 03:55 PM
So far comments are encouraging...

jkob
03-19-2013, 03:58 PM
You and McCain should volunteer

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
As I've said it wont be long now before we invade Syria... and then Iran.... We're doing our best to goude(sp) China and Russia into a war....

Carlybee
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
He needs a boot where the sun doesn't shine.

Spikender
03-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Freaking typical. I was wondering how soon it'd be before I'd see Graham's name in connection with warmongering in a thread title again.

vita3
03-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Suprised nobody has thrown blood on Lyndsey yet.

Brian4Liberty
03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
The Syrian government today accused rebels of firing a chemical weapon in the north of the country, killing at least 25 people in the Aleppo province. But rebels denied the report, instead accusing regime forces of firing a chemical weapon on a long-range missile. Neither of those allegations have been verified.

Well then, that settles it. Let's send in all the troops we can muster!

Can we put Lindsey on a horse and let him lead the charge?

Brian4Liberty
03-19-2013, 06:18 PM
He needs a boot where the sun doesn't shine.

Won't fit. Joe Lieberman is hiding there.

Koz
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
His boots, er loafers should be the first ones on the ground in Syria if he is so keen on sending troops. He can cut a check out if his personal account to pay for it too.

FSP-Rebel
03-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Now that's what I call a Wacko Bird.

sailingaway
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
I think Ron's chicken hawk speech to Gingrich at the debate would go appropriately here.

Peace Piper
03-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Luke and the Crew roasting neocons for lunch again-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUnYK7Klhw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBUnYK7Klhw

We Are Change= Future Media It's Max Headroom all over again...Edison Carter Lives!

dillo
03-19-2013, 07:27 PM
He's gone next election hopefully, aipac might campaign for him but hopefully this guy is done

coastie
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
I think Ron's chicken hawk speech to Gingrich at the debate would go appropriately here.

Why? Unl;ike Gingrich, he actually was in the military-and still is. USAF 82-88 and is currently a Colonel in the South Carolina Air National Guard...

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 07:33 PM
Carry your pole smoking ass first.

shane77m
03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Be sure and give Graham a rifle without a firing pin, plate carriers without the plates, and a baseball helmet. Put him right on the front line.

BAllen
03-19-2013, 08:41 PM
No surprise coming from Grahamnesty. War pig.

Origanalist
03-19-2013, 08:45 PM
No surprise coming from Grahamnesty. War pig.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pZCyOWLrRTE

Working Poor
03-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Vampires need blood..

AngryCanadian
03-20-2013, 01:48 AM
Not just Graham but also a Top Dem (http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/03/19/top_democrat_endorses_syria_no_fly_zone).

anaconda
03-20-2013, 03:26 AM
Not surprised that Lindsey is thinking of men in boots.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2013, 03:51 AM

Graham is a hero and so is McCain so that doesn't make any sense.

Military service
Graham joined the United States Air Force in 1982, and served on active duty until 1988. Following his departure he stayed in the military, joining the South Carolina Air National Guard[2] and the U.S. Air Force Reserve. During the Gulf War, he was recalled to active duty, serving as a Judge Advocate at McEntire Air National Guard Station in Eastover, South Carolina, where he helped brief departing pilots on the laws of war.[3] He later transferred from the Air National Guard to the Air Force Reserve.

In 1998, according to the Congressional daily newspaper The Hill, Graham was describing himself on his website as an Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm veteran. In reality, he never left South Carolina. Graham responded "I have not told anybody I'm a combatant," he said. "I'm not a war hero, and never said I was. I never intended to lie. If I have lied about my military record, I'm not fit to serve in Congress," further noting that he "never deployed."[4]

In 2004, Graham received a promotion to Colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve at a White House ceremony officiated by President George W. Bush.

Graham served in Iraq as a reservist on active duty for short periods during April and two weeks in August 2007, where he worked on detainee and rule-of-law issues.[5] He also served in Afghanistan during the August 2009 Senate recess.[6]
Through 2010, Graham served as a senior instructor for the Judge Advocate General's Corps, U.S. Air Force.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Graham#Military_service

AngryCanadian
03-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Graham is a hero and so is McCain so that doesn't make any sense.

Military service
Graham joined the United States Air Force in 1982, and served on active duty until 1988. Following his departure he stayed in the military, joining the South Carolina Air National Guard[2] and the U.S. Air Force Reserve. During the Gulf War, he was recalled to active duty, serving as a Judge Advocate at McEntire Air National Guard Station in Eastover, South Carolina, where he helped brief departing pilots on the laws of war.[3] He later transferred from the Air National Guard to the Air Force Reserve.

In 1998, according to the Congressional daily newspaper The Hill, Graham was describing himself on his website as an Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm veteran. In reality, he never left South Carolina. Graham responded "I have not told anybody I'm a combatant," he said. "I'm not a war hero, and never said I was. I never intended to lie. If I have lied about my military record, I'm not fit to serve in Congress," further noting that he "never deployed."[4]

In 2004, Graham received a promotion to Colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserve at a White House ceremony officiated by President George W. Bush.

Graham served in Iraq as a reservist on active duty for short periods during April and two weeks in August 2007, where he worked on detainee and rule-of-law issues.[5] He also served in Afghanistan during the August 2009 Senate recess.[6]
Through 2010, Graham served as a senior instructor for the Judge Advocate General's Corps, U.S. Air Force.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsey_Graham#Military_service

In reality he never saw any combat or suffering of the wars that he strongly supports not surprised.

Christian Liberty
03-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Graham may be in the military, doesn't make him a hero.

vita3
03-20-2013, 08:33 AM
"where he helped brief departing pilots on the laws of war"

America has proven over & over, it has no use for the laws of war.