PDA

View Full Version : Take a pic of your kid holding a rifle and get a visit.

shane77m
03-19-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8175

The fight has officially been brought to my front door

Last night I was out with a buddy of mine. I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way. I get in contact with evan Nappen on the way. I explain the situation. I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see. Then direct all of em outside. Dyfs got a call because of a pic on my son holding a gun. They wanted to look around and check all my guns out, make sure they were all registered. Obviously that didn't go well because I refused. I had Nappen on speaker phone the entire time so they had to deal with both of us. They kept trying to pressure me to open my safe. They had no warrant, no charges, nothing. I didn't budge. I was told I was being "unreasonable" and that I was acting suspicious because I wouldn't open my safe. Told me they were gonna get a search warrant. Told em go ahead. Nappen (my lawyer) asked me for the dyfs workers name. she wouldnt give it. i asked for credentials and she wouldnt show em. i tried to take a pic of her and she turned around real fast and walked away. After a while of them threatening to take my kids, get warrants and intimidation they left. Empty handed and seeing nothing.

People it can happen that fast. Most people wouldn't have stood up to them like I did.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/7a3u2uzu.jpg

Also a pic of the thugs and their tac gear at the link.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 02:05 PM
Wonder which one of his facebook pals ratted him out.

jkr
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
grounded
no facefuck...ever

proudclod229
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Good on you for keeping your level-headed. I'm sure you were furious.

I grew up in carneys point.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 02:39 PM
I got a text from my wife that the cops and dyfs are at the house and they wanna check out my guns and needed me to open my safe.
I'm instantly on my way.

I would have been instantly not on my way. lol

I walk in my house and hand the phone to the first cop I see.

How did a cop get in his house?

Seriously, everyone's entire family should know not to let police in the house. I can think of very few exceptions.

shane77m
03-19-2013, 02:50 PM
The guy should ask his facebook friends which one called the man on him. It would probably make me post even more pics.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 02:52 PM

Seriously, everyone's entire family should know not to let police in the house. I can think of very few exceptions.

Cops are like Vampires... we have to be invited in.

AGRP
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Finger is off the trigger. Better form than police safety instructors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVYFRM5Tl8

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Finger is off the trigger. Better form than police safety instructors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVYFRM5Tl8

Okay, now that's a dumbass.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 03:02 PM
Cops are like Vampires...

I didn't exactly go that far, but that one might make a lot of sig lines.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
I didn't exactly go that far, but that one might make a lot of sig lines.

Well technically if you look at it from a vampire kind of aspect, we are. We have to be invited into your house before we can step one foot in your door.

Uriel999
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
I hate pigs. Expressing and exercising your rights is not suspicious.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
SMFH...FarceBook...Jesus Christ, what's it gonna take???

I swear to God, people will be getting rounded up and thrown in FEMA camps based on profiles from Zuckerberg's folly, and people will STILL be vomiting up every little tiny bit of their lives on that abomination.

Standing by for the FedBook apologists in 3...2...1...

fisharmor
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
I had FB libtards tell me today that this is evidence that nobody is coming for your gun.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Fox News:

http://nation.foxnews.com/home-raided/2013/03/19/familys-home-raided-over-facebook-photo-childs-rifle

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 03:10 PM

I swear to God, people will be getting rounded up and thrown in FEMA camps based on profiles from Zuckerberg's folly, and people will STILL be vomiting up every little tiny bit of their lives on that abomination.

So glad I did away with my FB account.

03-19-2013, 03:12 PM
That is nuts. The kid is holding a .22 with a 10 round clip, finger off the trigger and looks to be 10-12 . I shot guns like that in boy scouts in NJ at that age what is the big deal there?

Facebook, not even once.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 03:12 PM

lol. *nervously stands up* I'm not a FedBook apologist. I'm a free speech and education activist. If one million people had the stones to post such things, then exactly what would they do?

And if enough of us get thrown into fema camps for speaking our minds, then I hope the rest of you do something besides calling us idiots. It's a sign you're next, and your entire RPF posting history is on file someplace anyway. They don't need facebook.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
lol. *nervously stands up* I'm not a FedBook apologist. I'm a free speech and education activist. If one million people had the stones to post such things, then exactly what would they do?

And if enough of us get thrown into fema camps for speaking our minds, then I hope the rest of you do something besides calling us idiots. It's a sign you're next, and your entire RPF posting history is on file someplace anyway. They don't need facebook.

I know I know...For Fuck's sake, don't make it easy for them, is what I'm screaming.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 03:16 PM
I had FB libtards tell me today that this is evidence that nobody is coming for your gun.

That made my head hurt.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Then direct all of em outside

WTF did your wife let them in?

Biggest hole in any SHTF plan.

Husbands, wives, children, relatives and friends.

I damn near came to blows one time over a relative wanting to post family get together pictures on FraudBook.

Spikender
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM

Whackjob. Facebook is perfectly safe.

Next you'll be telling us that telling everyone my every move on Twitter is a bad idea. If I like tweeting, so what; I've got nothing to hide!

youngbuck
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
What a bunch of harassing, pathetic thugs...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 03:35 PM
I know I know...For Fuck's sake, don't make it easy for them, is what I'm screaming.

Yes, yes, I know. But if people aren't willing to stand up in an electronic format, I have little hope they'll do so in a physical format, either.

I'm tempted to post the story and take some photos of my own. I'm well aware I'm sticking my neck out. I honestly worry more for the people who post on the net under pseudonyms with the belief that they have the slightest amount of anonymity. Only the most savvy have any measure of anonymous speech on the internet, and I bet 95% of the anti-FB crowd don't realize their posts are databased along with their name and other information. I'm at least knowledgeable and honest with myself regarding my personal exposure and that of others. "Don't post on FB" isn't nearly enough advice if someone wants to be anonymous. That's not how to do it.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
What a bunch of harassing, pathetic thugs...

He really should be pointing the finger at whatever one of his limp dicked, chicken livered friends ratted him out.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 04:01 PM
He really should be pointing the finger at whatever one of his limp dicked, chicken livered friends ratted him out.

"Ratted him out" for what?

I'm not familiar with the law in that area. Did he break a law that required a police response to his home?

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 04:03 PM

I'm not familiar with the law in that area. Did he break a law that required a police response to his home?

He posted the pic on facebook, obviously one of his facebook friends called the police which in turn led to them harassing this man. Wouldn't surprise me if whoever reported him, said he was endangering his child by allowing his son to hold the rifle.

Spikender
03-19-2013, 04:13 PM
So then the blame is with law enforcement and whoever reported him.

I am tired of people who try to place the blame on one group when there's multiple groups to blame. Whoever reported him is scum, and the law enforcement who tried to trick their way into his safe are also scum.

bolil
03-19-2013, 04:14 PM
There would be nothing to be upset about if the Jackboots didn't respond in this fashion.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
So then the blame is with law enforcement and whoever reported him.

I am tired of people who try to place the blame on one group when there's multiple groups to blame. Whoever reported him is scum, and the law enforcement who tried to trick their way into his safe are also scum.

That's what I've been saying.

belian78
03-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Well technically if you look at it from a vampire kind of aspect, we are. We have to be invited into your house before we can step one foot in your door.
No knock raids based on hearsay would like to have a word with you.

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 04:17 PM
He posted the pic on facebook, obviously one of his facebook friends called the police which in turn led to them harassing this man. Wouldn't surprise me if whoever reported him, said he was endangering his child by allowing his son to hold the rifle.

And without enough evidence to obtain even a search warrant the cops came down on his household in all their fine glory...

Fivezeroes
No knock raids based on hearsay would like to have a word with you.

SWAT does all that crap.

Anti Federalist
Yes, yes, I know. But if people aren't willing to stand up in an electronic format, I have little hope they'll do so in a physical format, either.

I'm tempted to post the story and take some photos of my own. I'm well aware I'm sticking my neck out. I honestly worry more for the people who post on the net under pseudonyms with the belief that they have the slightest amount of anonymity. Only the most savvy have any measure of anonymous speech on the internet, and I bet 95% of the anti-FB crowd don't realize their posts are databased along with their name and other information. I'm at least knowledgeable and honest with myself regarding my personal exposure and that of others. "Don't post on FB" isn't nearly enough advice if someone wants to be anonymous. That's not how to do it.

Rest assured, they will not...stand up that is.

My issues with this whole thing are multifaceted, not just from a surveillance standpoint.

Even the Founders used pseudonyms.

Lets cry havoc on our terms. ;)

Fivezeroes
And without enough evidence to obtain even a search warrant the cops came down on his household in all their fine glory...

Child Endangerment--another one of those dumbass laws.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 04:23 PM

That's one primary reason for my anti FarceBook stance.

We are all operating under the, false, assumption that we have any realistic knowledge of what the law is and what will get us a visit from "the man".

And the fact is that we do not.

Now, in this case, thank Christ, nobody got hurt.

But how many stories do I need to post about trigger happy enforcers blowing away people and dogs for no good reason, to make it clear that it is not in your best interest to attract unnecessary attention to yourself?

Was it really worth a cop raid, lawyer's expenses, and having his family seconds away from sudden violent death, all because of some FarceBook post under your own name, address, telephone number and God know what else?

belian78
03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
SWAT does all that crap.
SWAT are not police? They are somehow 'more equal'?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM

So if people call the police when no laws are being broken, they're wasting *your* time, or the police force of choice. Instead of that person being upset, it should be the police who are upset for following up when people report non-issues. Calling 911 with a non-issue is supposed to put the caller in a bad position with 911... not the person with the non-issue.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 04:28 PM
SWAT are not police? They are somehow 'more equal'?

SWAT like to consider themselves above us regular peons.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 04:29 PM
So if people call the police when no laws are being broken, they're wasting *your* time, or the police force of choice. Instead of that person being upset, it should be the police who are upset for following up when people report non-issues. Calling 911 with a non-issue is supposed to put the caller in a bad position with 911... not the person with the non-issue.

Here is what I think happened, someone reported him to CPS, then CPS called the cops, because that's what they do, they call us to come in and mediate. I believe those cops were there for one purpose and that was to make sure this CPS agent wasn't hurt. From where I'm sitting, looking at this picture, no laws were broke, period.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
That's one primary reason for my anti FarceBook stance.

We are all operating under the, false, assumption that we have any realistic knowledge of what the law is what will get us a vistit from "the man".

And the fact is that you do not.

Now, in this case, thank Christ, nobody got hurt.

But how many stories do I need to post about trigger happy enforcers blowing away people and dogs for no good reason to make it clear that it is not in your best interest to attract unnecessary attention to yourself?

Was it really worth a cop raid, lawyer's expenses, and having his family seconds away from sudden violent death, all because of some FarceBook post under your own name, address, telephone number and God know what else?

+repped.

All of that is true. And none of it will shut me up for now.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Here is what I think happened, someone reported him to CPS, then CPS called the cops, because that's what they do, they call us to come in and mediate. I believe those cops were there for one purpose and that was to make sure this CPS agent wasn't hurt. From where I'm sitting, looking at this picture, no laws were broke, period.

Ok, fair guess on how it happened. Why not show up during the day if they think it is dangerous? Why would police be demanding him to open a safe? That doesn't seem like a move that would protect a CPS person. I mean... if nobody can get the safe open, how is the safe a threat to the CPS person?

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Child Endangerment--another one of those dumbass laws.

Where was the evidence of child endangerment? You know I can see checking out a complaint. I can't see entering a house or asking to look at firearms without a warrant. The cops shouldn't even ask to do it unless they have a warrant. And you wonder why people have trouble respecting cops.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 04:37 PM
+repped.

All of that is true. And none of it will shut me up for now.

LOL - Repped the wrong post in reply.

No, wouldn't want you to keep quiet, not all all.

angelatc
03-19-2013, 04:38 PM

Love it. Too bad garlic and holy water aren't also on the list. (The stake through the heart thing is just asking for trouble...)

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Where was the evidence of child endangerment? You know I can see checking out a complaint. I can't see entering a house or asking to look at firearms without a warrant. The cops shouldn't even ask to do it unless they have a warrant. And you wonder why people have trouble respecting cops.

Again, I saw no child endangerment. I saw someone practicing their 2nd amendment rights. But, it doesn't matter what we see, it's what that CPS agent sees.

@money I don't think they wanted the safe opened to see if it was a threat to the cps agent, I think and I could be wrong, that maybe whoever reported it thought the kid was gonna pull another Sandy Hooks and maybe they wanted to make sure the .22 was still there. Again, I dunno... I find something like this absolutely stupid.

chudrockz
03-19-2013, 04:43 PM

That last part I can attest is true.

Once upon a time, when I was more reckless and angry than I really am now, I called 911 during a party at my apartment for no reason. The conversation in brief:

Operator: "911, what is your emergency?"
Me: "Yeah, I would like to report that (my town's) police are a bunch of assholes."
Operator: "Sir, is there an emergency?"
Me: "Ah, no, not really. It's an ongoing issue. They're always a bunch of fucktards."

It took about two minutes for five large cops to knock on my door. I opened it, and was asked by one, "What is your problem tonight?" as he stepped into my apartment. I told him "Problem #1 is that if you don't get out of my apartment I'm going to kick your everloving ass."

Then I was tackled, arrested, and spent most of a holiday weekend in jail.

Live and learn!

satchelmcqueen
03-19-2013, 04:51 PM
but it looks scary meeeerrriiiicckaaa!
That is nuts. The kid is holding a .22 with a 10 round clip, finger off the trigger and looks to be 10-12 . I shot guns like that in boy scouts in NJ at that age what is the big deal there?

Facebook, not even once.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 05:09 PM
LOL - Repped the wrong post in reply.

No, wouldn't want you to keep quiet, not all all.

An errant +rep from you is an honor, especially in any FB related discussion. lol

jkr
03-19-2013, 05:17 PM
YES and the "supreme court" sayz a flushing toilet is an invitation... the problem is systemic

georgiaboy
03-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Again, I saw no child endangerment. I saw someone practicing their 2nd amendment rights. But, it doesn't matter what we see, it's what that CPS agent sees.

@money I don't think they wanted the safe opened to see if it was a threat to the cps agent, I think and I could be wrong, that maybe whoever reported it thought the kid was gonna pull another Sandy Hooks and maybe they wanted to make sure the .22 was still there. Again, I dunno... I find something like this absolutely stupid.

Looking for the right post to rep you; this will do.

Great to have you on the forums as an out-of-the-closet LEO for liberty.

seapilot
03-19-2013, 06:33 PM
First of all never post anything on Face-slap that a person does not want the whole world to see.

Second the person that called the police to respond to the photo is what to expect in a socialistic society that is all about control of everyone. Remember a lot of people are conditioned to see something say something propaganda. The person that called is likely a gun grabber psychopath that believes the state will take care of their safety and could not imagine defending themselves with a firearm.

Third the police will respond to these socialists calling about anything that does not agree with their utopia plan because that is what to expect in a society that is surrounded in socialism. In a free society the police might call the gun owner and warn them that some commie is scared of the photo they posted on face-slap. Then they would both laugh about it.

QueenB4Liberty
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM

What if they are going to bust down the door and shoot your dog if you don't let them in? You can say whatever you want now but I think in the heat of the moment, you may change your mind.

VoluntaryAmerican
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Welcome to Carneys Point, NJ.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 07:14 PM
An errant +rep from you is an honor, especially in any FB related discussion. lol

Wow, I'm flattered, thanks.

It was meant for you all along, just attached it to the wrong post.

shane77m
03-19-2013, 07:21 PM

On in the forum that the article is posted on someone posted the law for that area. The man was not breaking any laws. The cops were just being douches along with the person from child services.

brushfire
03-19-2013, 07:25 PM
Facebook is ridiculous...

Audio
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/414/right-to-remain-silent

Transcript
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/414/transcript

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
What if they are going to bust down the door and shoot your dog if you don't let them in? You can say whatever you want now but I think in the heat of the moment, you may change your mind.

Wait... are you listing reasons why I wouldn't open the door? Because you're making a nice list. If they want to break things, that would be their move.

Carson
03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
It must have been the smile that set them off...you know having fun and all.

But really how can they pretend to enforce laws that don't exist..at least without a corrupt court system that requires you to find yourself guilty rather (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhwTKIeugIE) than loot you and starve you.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 07:36 PM
It was meant for you all along, just attached it to the wrong post.

Yes, I know, thx.

Right Wing
03-20-2013, 06:34 AM
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/familys-home-raided-over-facebook-photo-of-childs-rifle.html

Family’s Home Raided over Facebook Photo of Child’s Rifle

Due to a facebook photo of his son wearing camouflage and holding his new .22 rifle, his home was raided without a warrant. He is a
certified firearms instructor, a range safety officer and a New Jersey hunter education instructor. His son has a New Jersey hunting license and recently passed the state’s hunter safety course. This is what this country has come to. They demanded to see his gun collection and didn’t back off until they heard from his attorney via speaker phone. This is what this country has come to. A facebook photo with a gun can lead to a warrantless raid by the gestapo. Welcome to the police state of amerika.

Root
03-20-2013, 08:53 AM
Kudos to the father for refusing to open the gun safe for the cops/dyfs.

green73
03-20-2013, 09:40 AM
This story has really taken off since getting posted here. Fox News, The Blaze...and now Drudge

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/03/20/family-says-new-jersey-overreacted-to-boys-gun-photo-on-facebook/

seraphson
03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/attachments/general-firearm-discussion/8478d1357404233-sen-feinstein-holding-ak-while-giving-testimony-felony-dc-ak47_5a.jpg

Good to see that a child knows how to better holster a firearm than a bureaucrat who's using every inch of their political power to destroy the second amendment. Maybe Frankenstein should learn to hold a damn weapon before demagoguing on how we should give them up. Damn fool.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Keep your fucking booger hook off the bang switch, ya numb twat. :mad:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/attachments/general-firearm-discussion/8478d1357404233-sen-feinstein-holding-ak-while-giving-testimony-felony-dc-ak47_5a.jpg

Good to see that a child knows how to better holster a firearm than a bureaucrat who's using every inch of their political power to destroy the second amendment. Maybe Frankenstein should learn to hold a damn weapon before demagoguing on how we should give them up. Damn fool.

green73
03-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Will Grigg (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/134181.html). (Post has links)

Child-Snatchers and Gun-Grabbers Unite

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Josh-with-rifle-235x300.jpeg

Shawn Moore of Carneys Point, New Jersey was visiting a friend’s house when he got a disturbing call from his wife, who said that police and child welfare investigators were at their home.

By the time he got back to his house, Moore – a certified hunting safety instructor -- was on the phone with attorney Evan Nappen, who specializes in Second Amendment cases. The investigators were demanding access to the family’s gun safe to see if all of their firearms were registered. At one point the child “safety” bureaucrats threatened to seize Moore’s children.

In the face of this provocation, Moore maintained his composure while refusing to relinquish his rights. He wisely withheld permission to inspect his gun safe, since New Jersey law doesn’t require him to grant such access. Instead, he demanded to see a search warrant, and when none was produced, he ordered the investigators to leave.

"I don't like what happened," Moore later observed. "You're not even safe in your own house. If they can just show up at any time and make you open safes and go through your house, that's not freedom; it's like tyranny."

The visit apparently followed an anonymous tip prompted by a Facebook photo of Moore’s 11-year-old son Josh, who is holding a .22-caliber rifle he had received as a birthday present. The rifle’s cosmetic features make it resemble one of those dreaded – albeit ill-defined – “assault weapons” that cause Diane Feinstein to twist her Gorgon features into a grimace of pious disapproval.

All parents should make contingency plans for uninvited and unannounced visits from agents of the child-snatcher bureaucracy. This is especially urgent now that child-snatchers and gun-grabbers are increasingly pooling their resources. Although the New Jersey Department of Children and Families wouldn’t confirm that it was responding to an anonymous report, department spokesperson Kristen Brown told Fox News that investigators “are required to follow up on every single allegation that comes into the central registry.” The raid on Moore’s home, Brown insisted, represented a “prudent and wise” policy.

That makes perfect sense, if the terms “prudent and wise” are functional synonyms for “totalitarian.” If you have children and guns, you should expect to attract the malevolent interest of state functionaries who are eager to grab both.

Fivezeroes
03-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Will Grigg (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/134181.html). (Post has links)

Child-Snatchers and Gun-Grabbers Unite

Moral of this story, don't post pictures of your kid holding a weapon on facebook..

Lucille
03-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Get the f--- off Facebook (http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/03/get-fuck-off-facebook.html)

Seriously, do it now.
[...]
If you're still posting pictures of your family and your children on Facebook, you are a complete and unmitigated idiot. It was one thing to do it before it became clear how Facebook would be utilized, it's another thing to continue doing it now. These days, the only thing you should be posting on Facebook is disinformation.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Moral of this story, don't post pictures of your kid holding a weapon on facebook..

Don't post anything on FedBook/FraudBook/FarceBook.

But the larger moral of the story is:

"You live in a police state. There are millions of snoops, millions of enforcers and tens of millions of laws, none of which you can possibly keep track of.

Doom, in the form of a visit from and arrest by (which just an arrest these days will ruin your life) these same enforcers may come at any time.

Be vigilant and aware of this fact, do not needlessly expose yourself to investigation by the State."

Anti Federalist
03-20-2013, 01:47 PM
If you're still posting pictures of your family and your children on Facebook, you are a complete and unmitigated idiot. It was one thing to do it before it became clear how Facebook would be utilized, it's another thing to continue doing it now. These days, the only thing you should be posting on Facebook is disinformation.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2013/03/get-fuck-off-facebook.html

Just in case you missed it the first time.

Keith and stuff
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Hopefully the Free Stater lawyer helps get the family out of trouble.

Free State lawyer in NH saves family and enforces U.S. Constitution in New Jersey
by Tim Condon
http://granitegrok.com/blog/2013/03/free-state-lawyer-in-nh-saves-family-and-enforces-u-s-constitution-in-new-jersey

Democrats and other regressives (not “progressives”; these people have nothing to do with “progress”) love to call names and tell lies about the Free State Project and its participants. That’s because Freestaters tend to revere the U.S Constitution and the Bill of Rights (which are inconveniences to regressives, who are statists to the core).

A demonstration of why the regressives hate Freestaters so much was just given when Evan Nappen, a lawyer, author, and 2nd Amendment expert—as well as Free State Project participant who moved to New Hampshire with his family several years ago—was called on an emergency basis Saturday night from New Jersey as a family was subjected to a late-night home invasion conducted by…

…a group of “child welfare” officials and police (they had no warrant to enter the home, but they came in anyway; in doing so they acted like any criminal gang pulling off a home invasion).

Fortunately, the homeowner, Shawn Moore, knew Evan Nappen and called him while the home invasion was taking place. It seems that Mr. Moore had posted a Facebook picture of his proud 11-year-old son with his new .22 rifle; the boy—who has just passed his New Jersey hunter safety course–was given the gun as a birthday present by his father. Someone—I would term the person a criminal—saw the picture and called the state “child welfare” agency. The police in the town and several “children welfare” bureaucrats then illegally invaded the home late at night. Mr. Moore was able to get attorney Nappen on his cell phone in the midst of the raid, handing it to the police to talk to his lawyer. It was ascertained that the police did not have a warrant and had illegally entered the house. They also demanded that Mr. Moore open his gun safe so they could “inventory” his firearms. He refused, and ordered them out of his house. He attempted to identify all the home invaders, but like any criminal, one of the “child welfare” officials refused to disclose her identity. They told Mr. Moore they would “get a warrant” (thus doubly demonstrating that they had invaded the home without one). He said “go ahead.” And that was that. They left. No further word has been heard from the home invaders.

So now, some thoughts:

1. Kudos and thanks to lawyer Evan Nappen; even though he and his family came to New Hampshire as part of the Free State project several years ago, he was able to save a family in New Jersey from a rogue, lawless government operation; he is a stone hero for saving Mr. Moore and his family, and defending their Constitutional rights (which are apparently often inoperative in New Jersey).

2. Every police officer and “child welfare” official involved in the warrantless and unconstitutional late-night home invasion should be fired. The positions held by those people are too important, and are vested with too much power, to have lawless people wielding it.

3. I sincerely hope Mr. Moore has Evan Nappen bring a lawsuit against the city, its police department, the state “child welfare” department, and each of the rogue police and “child welfare” officials involved in the home invasion. That lawsuit should demand an extensive damage award and the dismissal of every government employee involved in the warrantless home invasion.

4. Finally, I have a question: Why would any individual who owns guns and believes in the U.S. Constitution continue to live in a place like New Jersey, unless absolutely compelled to? I mean, there’s always North Korea or Cuba. They have warrantless police raids all the time too….

Thank you, Evan Nappen. You’re a credit to yourself, to the U.S. Constitution, and to the Free State Project.

proudclod229
03-20-2013, 03:06 PM
They just had this on the news. You were "under the influence" according to the police.

satchelmcqueen
03-20-2013, 04:03 PM
so pathetic. a GOOD cop would have never went to the call. or if he was ordered to, he would have asked to see the collection, then left immediately after the refusal was given. see thats what id have done if i were a cop. hence im not a cop. id be fired or killed pretty quick by my co workers im sure.

osan
03-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Evan is my personal lawyer. A remnant from the bad old days in Joisey.

Anti Federalist
03-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Hopefully the Free Stater lawyer helps get the family out of trouble.

Free State lawyer in NH saves family and enforces U.S. Constitution in New Jersey
by Tim Condon
http://granitegrok.com/blog/2013/03/free-state-lawyer-in-nh-saves-family-and-enforces-u-s-constitution-in-new-jersey

I thought I recognized the name.

Good for him.

I'll personally contribute to a defense fund, if he needs to take this case further.

presence
03-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Sorry, Duplicate thread, merge?

Thread: Child Protective Services Investigate Photo of Kid w/ "AR-15" (not) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?408390-Child-Protective-Services-Investigate-Photo-of-Kid-w-quot-AR-15-quot-%28not%29)

The Gold Standard
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Wonder which one of his facebook pals ratted him out.

Probably none of them. Facebook surely reports pictures like that to the government authorities.

Keith and stuff
03-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Probably none of them. Facebook surely reports pictures like that to the government authorities.
The government also pays people to monitor Facebook photos and the link :(