PDA

View Full Version : TN Cops use 18 Wheelers to ensure you're not texting and driving

Joey Fuller
03-19-2013, 01:54 PM
"Some Tennessee state troopers are riding high in the department’s “No Zone” 18-wheeler as they patrol the highways for texting, non-seatbelt wearing or booze drinking drivers, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reported."

Tennessee is slipping into a Police State. Under the false premise of keeping you safe, Tennessee State Troopers are driving 18-Wheeler trucks so they can look down into your car and make sure your not texting and driving.

Do you feel safer as a driver knowing that a cop is peering into your vehicle while he is driving a gigantic 18 wheeler truck going 70+ MPH?

In my opinion, Distracted Tennessee State Troopers in 18-wheelers pose a real threat to other drivers on the Interstate when they are busy spying on you instead of paying attention to the road.

FYI:
It is legal in Tennessee to use a cellphone (make a call) while operating a vehicle. It is illegal to text and drive.

http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2013/03/tennessee-state-troopers-are-now.html

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
This has to be the most ridiculous story i've ever seen...

TheGrinch
03-19-2013, 01:58 PM

Probably because you've only been around here for a month ;)

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Probably because you've only been around here for a month ;)

Perhaps.

moostraks
03-19-2013, 02:23 PM
And the fuel to drive those things is costing what???

awake
03-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Cops use 18 wheelers to increase confiscations for unjust "laws". Roadside robber barons.

jkr
03-19-2013, 02:28 PM
they will just use this to watch ROAD HED

once again:
FUCK TENNESSEE

a bunch of hiway men...

Spikender
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM

Heh, Grinch is right. It gets worse.

It always does. I've probably said this same exact thing many times and been proving wrong time and time again.

Like I always say, who needs comedy movies when life is so filled with hilarious moments like this?

Hilariously sad, that is.

AGRP
03-19-2013, 02:36 PM
If there is anything safer than someone on the phone while driving, its a distracted trooper driving a mulit-ton 18 wheeler while looking into cars to see if theyre on a phone while using their phone to tell other cops what they see. Is this the Onion?

Carson
03-19-2013, 04:45 PM
More likely looking for panties...or lack there of.

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Christ. Sometimes I don't even know how to respond to this fucking insanity.

aGameOfThrones
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Let's see if that car was texting...

http://image.truckinweb.com/f/editorials/ford-reveals-police-spec-explorer/34367913/2012-ford-explorer-police-dashboard.jpg

satchelmcqueen
03-19-2013, 04:59 PM
give it another month. this story will be tame. lol welcome!

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Christ. Sometimes I don't even know how to respond to this fucking insanity.

I'm a cop and I don't know how to respond.

MelissaWV
03-19-2013, 05:16 PM
I'm fairly sure that truckers already report really, really dangerous things as necessary. This can include bad roads, changing weather, drivers weaving around in traffic (without caring WHY they are doing it), etc.. And those guys are QUALIFIED to be driving an 18-wheeler.

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 05:20 PM
I'm sure they will have drones soon since there will be a cost saving benefit that the public would rejoice to.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm sure they will have drones soon since there will be a cost saving benefit that the public would rejoice to.

This is a scary world we live in right now.

georgiaboy
03-19-2013, 05:23 PM
so the cop is the passenger, correct? The driver is a licensed semi driver, and the cop is riding shotgun to peer in at the driver side of other cars.

From the driver side of the semi, one would only see the passenger side of other cars.

That said, this whole thing fits into the drone category for me.

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 05:27 PM
so the cop is the passenger, correct? The driver is a licensed semi driver, and the cop is riding shotgun to peer in at the driver side of other cars.

From the driver side of the semi, one would only see the passenger side of other cars.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1290253!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/text16n-1-web.jpg

georgiaboy
03-19-2013, 05:36 PM

derp. shoulda known better.

KrokHead
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
TN Cops use 18 Wheelers to ensure your not texting and driving

About time!!!

CPUd
03-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Some points of note, since such details typically get lost in the echo chamber:

- it is A tractor-trailer; they confiscated it several years ago in a drug bust.
- the troopers who drive the truck have a CDL, plus years of experience driving commercially, prior to joining THP.
- currently, they are only running the I-75 in the Chattanooga area.

Not that I'm cool with what they are doing, but if you're gonna be pissed off at the cops, it's better to know the whole story.

Personally, if they are going to expand it statewide, I think they should consider having a trooper set up in the trailer, and do the watching from there. People texting on the road piss me off, too.

AFPVet
03-19-2013, 07:09 PM
This has to be the most ridiculous story I've ever seen...

... oh it gets worse my friend....

TheGrinch
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
... oh it gets worse my friend....

It is no exaggeration that the onion reads more plausibly than a lot of the stories here.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 07:20 PM
This is a scary world we live in right now.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Ranger29860
03-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Don't agree with them doing this AT ALL but you got to admit that is pretty creative lol.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 07:26 PM
TN cops are highway bandits with badges.

Avoid them at all costs.

Man Loses $22,000 In New 'Policing For Profit' Case

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/18241221/man-loses-22000-in-new-policing-for-profit-case

By Phil Williams
Chief Investigative Reporter

MONTEREY, Tenn. -- "If somebody told me this happened to them, I absolutely would not believe this could happen in America."

That was the reaction of a New Jersey man who found out just how risky it can be to carry cash through Tennessee.

For more than a year, NewsChannel 5 Investigates has been shining a light on a practice that some call "policing for profit."
See previous stories:
"NC5 Investigates: Policing For Profit"

In this latest case, a Monterey police officer took $22,000 off the driver -- even though he had committed no crime.

"You live in the United States, you think you have rights -- and apparently you don't," said George Reby.

As a professional insurance adjuster, Reby spends a lot of time traveling from state to state. But it was on a trip to a conference in Nashville last January that he got a real education in Tennessee justice.

"I never had any clue that they thought they could take my money legally," Reby added. "I didn't do anything wrong."

(Ah, the plaintive bleating of a newly, but too late, awakened sheep. Welcome to Amerika Mr. Reby. I suggest you start paying closer attention to things. - AF)

Reby was driving down Interstate 40, heading west through Putnam County, when he was stopped for speeding.

A Monterey police officer wanted to know if he was carrying any large amounts of cash.

"I said, 'Around $20,000,'" he recalled. "Then, at the point, he said, 'Do you mind if I search your vehicle?' I said, 'No, I don't mind.' I certainly didn't feel I was doing anything wrong. It was my money."

That's when Officer Larry Bates confiscated the cash based on his suspicion that it was drug money.

"Why didn't you arrest him?" we asked Bates.

"Because he hadn't committed a criminal law," the officer answered.

Bates said the amount of money and the way it was packed gave him reason to be suspicious.

"The safest place to put your money if it's legitimate is in a bank account," he explained. "He stated he had two. I would put it in a bank account. It draws interest and it's safer."

"But it's not illegal to carry cash," we noted.

"No, it's not illegal to carry cash," Bates said. "Again, it's what the cash is being used for to facilitate or what it is being utilized for."

NewsChannel 5 Investigates noted, "But you had no proof that money was being used for drug trafficking, correct? No proof?"

"And he couldn't prove it was legitimate," Bates insisted.

Bates is part of a system that, NewsChannel 5 Investigates has discovered, gives Tennessee police agencies the incentive to take cash off of out-of-state drivers. If they don't come back to fight for their money, the agency gets to keep it all.

"This is a taking without due process," said Union City attorney John Miles.

A former Texas prosecutor and chairman of the Obion County Tea Party, Miles has seen similar cases in his area.

He said that, while police are required to get a judge to sign off on a seizure within five days, state law says that hearing "shall be ex parte" -- meaning only the officer's side can be heard.

That's why George Reby was never told that there was a hearing on his case.

"It wouldn't have mattered because the judge would have said, 'This says it shall be ex parte. Sit down and shut up. I'm not to hear from you -- by statute," Miles added.

George Reby said that he told Monterey officers that "I had active bids on EBay, that I was trying to buy a vehicle. They just didn't want to hear it."

In fact, Reby had proof on his computer.

But the Monterey officer drew up a damning affidavit, citing his own training that "common people do not carry this much U.S. currency."
Read Officer Bates' affidavit

"On the street, a thousand-dollar bundle could approximately buy two ounces of cocaine," Bates told NewsChannel 5 Investigates.

"Or the money could have been used to buy a car," we observed.

"It's possible," he admitted.

NewsChannel 5 Investigates asked Bates if Reby had told him that he was trying to buy a car?

"He did," the officer acknowledged.

"But you did not include that in your report," we noted.

"If it's not in there, I didn't put it in there."

So why did he leave that out?

"I don't know," the officer said.

Bates also told the judge the money was hidden inside "a tool bag underneath trash to [deter] law enforcement from locating it."

"That's inaccurate," Reby said. "I pulled out the bag and gave it to him."

And even though there was no proof that Reby was involved in anything illegal, Bates' affidavit portrays him as a man with a criminal history that included an arrest for possession of cocaine.

That was 20-some years ago," the New Jersey man insisted.

"Were you convicted?" we wanted to know.

"No, I wasn't convicted," he answered.

But Officer Bates says that arrest -- which he acknowledged was old -- was still part of the calculation to take Reby's money.

"Am I going to use it? Yes, I'm going to use it because he's been charged with it in the past -- regardless of whether it's 10 or 15 years ago," he said.

Attorney John Miles said he's frustrated with attitudes toward Tennessee's civil forfeiture laws, which make such practices legal.

"We are entitled not to be deprived of our property without due process of law, both under the Tennessee Constitution and the federal Constitution -- and nobody cares," Miles said.

"Nobody cares."

This year, state lawmakers debated a bill to create a special committee to investigate these "policing for profit" issues. That bill died in the last days of the legislative session.

After Reby filed an appeal, and after NewsChannel 5 began investigating, the state agreed to return his money -- if he'd sign a statement waiving his constitutional rights and promising not to sue.

They also made him come all the way from New Jersey, back to Monterey to pick up a check.

He got the check, but no apology.

"If they lied about everything in the report, why would they apologize?" Reby said.

And, with that, he was ready to put Tennessee in his rearview mirror.

"I really don't want to come back here," he said.

As for the appeals process, Reby was able to provide us and the state with letters from his employers, showing that he had a legitimate source of income.

It took him four months to get his money back, but it usually takes a lot longer for most people.

And that, Miles said, works to the benefit of the police.

He had two clients where police agreed to drop the cases in exchange for a cut of the money -- $1,000 in one case, $2,000 in another. In both cases, that was less than what they might have paid in attorney fees.

Miles called that "extortion."

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Cops LET the drugs come in and waited until the drug ponies were outbound with cash that they could seize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M2ndwlmBOY

tod evans
03-20-2013, 05:30 AM
People texting on the road piss me off, too.

Well good God, people picking their nose or putting on make-up piss me off but you'll not see me advocating for laws and enforcement against those acts..

Anti Federalist
10-24-2015, 08:30 PM
give it another month. this story will be tame. lol welcome!

And satch calls it.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 08:39 PM
And satch calls it.

exactly how sir.

does ragging on Americans promote our cause? :confused:

phill4paul
10-24-2015, 08:41 PM
exactly how sir.

Define "Americans."

Dr.3D
10-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Ah yes, texting.... another one of those victimless crimes.

Why not just throw the book at those who have an accident while doing it and leave the rest alone?

Anti Federalist
10-24-2015, 08:54 PM
exactly how sir.

Your grammar, syntax and punctuation leave me fuddled.

How does satch "nail it"?

Or how does this promote our cause?

Never mind...I'll answer both.

He said it would be "tame" given time.

Dallas area cops have launched a "spy bus" that will cruise around looking for revenue collection and state seizures.

So a well marked semi, as opposed to a whole bus load of asshole cops on secret surveillance patrol, looks pretty "tame", in comparison.

And yes, "ragging" on Americans who think this is a good idea and support this and even more intrusive surveillance promotes our cause.

They need to be called out for the liberty hating, freedom destroying AmeriKunts that that they are.

Is this a problem for you?

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 08:57 PM
Define "Americans."

as in 50 experiments in Liberty.
or the experiment in "Uniting" "states"
or, is the mere preposition of "United States" flawed to you?

if our "states" were not "united" we would look like Europe.
do you want that? :confused:

Anti Federalist
10-24-2015, 09:01 PM
as in 50 experiments in Liberty.
or the experiment in "Uniting" "states"
or, is the mere preposition of "United States" flawed to you?

if our "states" were not "united" we would look like Europe.
do you want that? :confused:

Assuming no EU, that is now filling the role that Mordor on the Potomac does here, yes, I would like that.

The states are not "united" in any sense now, except for federal guns pointed to our head.

Unite or else.

I am in no way "united" with what the majority of people in, say, California want or vote for.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 09:09 PM
Your grammar, syntax and punctuation leave me fuddled.

How does satch "nail it"?

Or how does this promote our cause?

Never mind...I'll answer both.

He said it would be "tame" given time.

Dallas area cops have launched a "spy bus" that will cruise around looking for revenue collection and state seizures.

So a well marked semi, as opposed to a whole bus load of asshole cops on secret surveillance patrol, looks pretty "tame", in comparison.

And yes, "ragging" on Americans who think this is a good idea and support this and even more intrusive surveillance promotes our cause.

They need to be called out for the liberty hating, freedom destroying AmeriKunts that that they are.

Is this a problem for you?

"They need to be called out for the liberty hating, freedom destroying AmeriKunts that that they are."

and, RPF's is the best place that you can find to perform this civic function?

how, why and when were you offended by us sir? :confused:

phill4paul
10-24-2015, 09:14 PM
"They need to be called out for the liberty hating, freedom destroying AmeriKunts that that they are."

RPF's is an excellent avenue to call for others to raise a ruckus outside these forums.

Have you never gleaned a glint that you have passed on. To those that are not in this crazy house with us.

I would hope so.

AF has glinted many gleans. Ain't his fault your ears are closed to him.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 09:33 PM
RPF's is an excellent avenue to call for others to raise a ruckus outside these forums.

Have you never gleaned a glint that you have passed on. To those that are not in this crazy house with us.

I would hope so.

AF has glinted many gleans. Ain't his fault your ears are closed to him.

the only thing that calling me an "AmeriKunt" would have got you back in 05,
would have been broken ribs and a black eye or two.

pissing them off, is NOT a good way to wake them up..
the ignorant ones among us.

peace bro.
(and that sentiment includes AF)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_-VpIVGnc

phill4paul
10-24-2015, 09:37 PM
the only thing that calling me an "AmeriKunt" would have got you back in 05,
would have been broken ribs and a black eye or two.

pissing them off, is NOT a good way to wake them up..
the ignorant ones among us.

peace bro.
(and that sentiment includes AF)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9_-VpIVGnc

Are you an "AmeriKunt?"

Revised: You were one in '05. I see.

I'm with AF. Fuck AmeriKunts.

I scoff that any are capable of giving me a black eye.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Are you an "AmeriKunt?"

Revised: You were one in '05. I see.

I'm with AF. Fuck AmeriKunts.

I scoff that any are capable of giving me a black eye.

:rolleyes:

only if you have a "KAH".. :p

phill4paul
10-24-2015, 09:57 PM
:rolleyes:

only if you have a "KAH".. :p

Have no idea what you mean. Please explain.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Have no idea what you mean. Please explain.

KAH is a synonym for the word "God"

in the northeast a kah.. is NOT a truck :)
get it?

phill4paul
10-24-2015, 10:13 PM
KAH is a synonym for the word "God"

in the northeast a kah.. is NOT a truck :)
get it?

God is not a truck?

AF is correct in the fact that your syntax is not readily decipherable.

It took me awhile to understand Aratus. In time I might come to understand you.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 10:20 PM
God is not a truck?

AF is correct in the fact that your syntax is not readily decipherable.

It took me awhile to understand Aratus. In time I might come to understand you.

not so fast my friend.

"God is not a truck"

me likes that! and thinks I shall keep it. :p

phill4paul
10-24-2015, 10:32 PM
not so fast my friend.

"God is not a truck"

me likes that! and thinks I shall keep it. :p

Welcome to it. I divest myself of it and it is freely and truly yours.

TheTexan
10-24-2015, 10:38 PM

I agree drones would be better for this, but I don't think the FAA has cleared them yet. I suppose they could make an exception for police drones, as they keep people safe.

Anti Federalist
10-24-2015, 10:46 PM

By you?

I don't recall but once, when you lashed out and called me a fuckstick or some such nonsense, for trying to have a conversation about the history of refrigeration devices.

Meh, it is what is available to me. I support the site monetarily, many people visit, hopefully some eyes will get opened.

The time for soft words and gentle pleading has long passed.

That said, at the owner's request, I make it a point not to trot out that particular epithet in every post.

So you won't see it again for a while.

But it accurately describes how I feel about the millions of people surrounding me that beg, plead and demand more police statism, every day.

There is no reaching people like that, ever.

All that could be done with people like that is, in the event the remnant ever finds the intestinal fortitude to do what is needed to reclaim and retake our freedom from our oppressors, is to tell them, in no uncertain terms:

Sit down, shut the fuck up, and do not interfere in what is about to happen here, or else.

Anti Federalist
10-24-2015, 11:24 PM
how, why and when were you offended

People Who Like to Boss Other People

http://ericpetersautos.com/2015/10/24/people-who-like-to-boss-other-people/

by eric • October 24, 2015

People who like to tell other people what to do (aka, Clovers) are an interesting study.

Well, they’re odd at any rate.

Perhaps disjointed is the better word.

They will, for example, talk sententiously about “choice”… provided it’s a choice they approve of, such as abortion.

Or forcing people to associate.

But only with certain people.

You know – the people they demand others associate with.

Ask them about whether you (an already born actual human being) have the right to choose whether to buckle up for safety. Or buy an air bag. See what sort of response you get.

I’ve written before about the way they deny all of us the right to choose the type of car that meets our needs and wants rather than what they insist we need and must have. We are not allowed, for example, to buy serviceable, inexpensive A to B transportation like the Renault Kwid (see here for more about that) that sells for less than $5,000 brand-new in Asia and India, or even the very high-mileage diesel-powered cars available in Western European countries such as Germany – because the people who like to tell others what to do (and buy) cannot abide such freely made choices.

It is why America is coming unglued.

There is next-to-nothing in this world more enraging than to be micromanaged by other people – usually personally very unappealing people (Hillary Clinton, for instance; but also George Bush and – lately – America’s take on Mussolini, Donald Trump) who believe they know better than you do how to live your life. And are determined to tell you.

Orwell might have titled his book, Big Bully.

Only, plural.

In a democracy, we are bullied by… everyone. There is no leaving you alone – but no specific individual such as a King or a fuhrer to hate. Well, there are (see above in re Hillary, et al) but in a democracy, they are fungible. Whack-a-mole. Get rid of one, another pops up. It’s not really them that’s the problem.

It’s everyone around you. The neighbor, the guy down the road. They will not leave you alone.

Not personally, perhaps. That would take some courage. Few of these people who enjoy bossing other people would have the guts to try bossing anyone on their own. So, they vote for an Il Duce (Trump) or a frigid termagant (you know who) to do it for them.

But there used to be limits. And so, it was tolerable. You were still able, more or less, to do what you liked. You went to work, did your thing. The people who like to boss were a presence, but not an omnipresence.

There is now no limit to their presence in our lives. The dam has broken.

The sphere of free action available to use continues to grow smaller with each passing year – with each passed law.

The seatbelt and air bag stuff was just for openers, a kind of clearing of the throat before the main opera begins.

People don’t see it, chiefly because they – in the main – are blinkered and cannot think. It does not necessarily take a genius IQ, but it does take a learned capacity to reason. Which has been systematically and deliberately suppressed and crippled by government schools – and for a damned good reason (from the government’s point of view).

It’s not an unreasonable search, you see. It is just about “getting dangerous drunks off the road.” Seatbelt laws are not in principle an immoral usurpation of a free man’s right to make decisions about his personal welfare; they are there to “keep us safe.”

Much more such inevitably follows.

It is no accident that we must now submit to being fondled in order to be allowed to fly. This could never have happened had the populace not already been conditioned to random “safety” checkpoints on the road.

But the manufactured dullards cannot grasp it and so are helpless against it.

Many of them welcome it.

Most just shrug and accept it – because what choice have they got? We’re all boxed in. But occasionally – and lately, more frequently – there is lashing out. Often it involves what seems to be disproportionate berserker rage.

The case of the recent “road rage” killing (incidentally) of a four-year-old girl who had the bad luck to be riding in a truck with a dad who got into a dispute at 60 MPH with another guy over one or the other’s driving skills. Much more was at issue than slow driving or cutting someone off.

People cut people off, or tailgated or slow-poked 30 years ago. Gunfire did not happen. It was literally unheard of.

The difference 30 years later is that people are aerosol cans in the microwave, set on High.

By a system (by other people, acting under its auspices) who will not leave them alone, ever. Not in their cars, not in their homes. Not when they travel, not when they go to work. Not in their recreations. Even their family lives are no longer private. Other people intrude, everywhere.

One day, there is an eruption. The pressurizing hate for them explodes. All it requires is an object, something to focus on.

Typically, it is over something trivial – or at least, something that, 30 years ago, might have ended in a few flipped birds and some well-chosen adjectives about the other person’s parentage.

It is getting out of hand because the system is out of hand.

People did not shoot up schools 30 years ago and there were just as many guns in private hands. No one asks why this is. Instead, they blame the guns. Which is like blaming forks for fatness.

And the ride is only just beginning to pick up speed.

This health care stuff (that is, being forced by people who like to boss other people to buy an insurance policy) is going to light the afterburners and then we’ll really see.

People who like to tell other people what to do now have weaponized anthrax at their disposal. Because there is absolutely no facet of our existence that cannot be said to in some way “affect” our health. Which is now the business of other people. The people who like to boss other people around.

Whether actually or just possibly is irrelevant. The mere assertion that doing “x” (or failing to “y”) might affect our health is more than sufficient.

That precedent was set decades ago with the seat belt law (and also the probable cause-free random stopping of motorists to dragnet search for drivers who may have been drinking).

Take note of the fact that doctors now inquire as to whether you own a gun.

Hint, hint.

If you can’t see it coming, you’re intellectually glaucomic.

A nation of fear-addled sissies, busybodies and bullies that genuflects (or orgasms) whenever “safety” is mentioned and who cannot grok the idea of leaving other people alone (and minding their own business) deserves what’s coming.

It’s just a shame that not all of us do.

HVACTech
10-24-2015, 11:37 PM
By you?

I don't recall but once, when you lashed out and called me a fuckstick or some such nonsense, for trying to have a conversation about the history of refrigeration devices.

Meh, it is what is available to me. I support the site monetarily, many people visit, hopefully some eyes will get opened.

The time for soft words and gentle pleading has long passed.

That said, at the owner's request, I make it a point not to trot out that particular epithet in every post.

So you won't see it again for a while.

But it accurately describes how I feel about the millions of people surrounding me that beg, plead and demand more police statism, every day.

There is no reaching people like that, ever.

All that could be done with people like that is, in the event the remnant ever finds the intestinal fortitude to do what is needed to reclaim and retake our freedom from our oppressors, is to tell them, in no uncertain terms:

Sit down, shut the fuck up, and do not interfere in what is about to happen here, or else.

ya, it had to do with "Icey balls"
and it's application in vehicles. right?

adsorption systems are NOT powerful sir.
you are pissed at me and Volkswagen? :confused:

Anti Federalist
10-25-2015, 12:03 AM
ya, it had to do with "Icey balls"
and it's application in vehicles. right?

adsorption systems are NOT powerful sir.
you are pissed at me and Volkswagen? :confused:

Yes, Crosley Icyballs, though it had nothing to do with vehicle applications IIRC, simply discussing a neat old technology that could work in a "survival/SHTF" scenario to keep food cool, without electricity.

VW I'm not pissed at, they sold me a car that did what I wanted it to do, get great mileage using diesel power with good performance.

Oh, the horror.

Now that the weather is getting colder, when you start a gas powered car, you notice the "rich" setting fumes for the first few minutes.

Noticed this starting the MIL's car tonight.

Not once, even in subzero weather, has that VW given off the slightest whiff of diesel exhaust.

But the everfucking government is going to demand the VW hang horse piss sprayers and god knows what else, all over that car, ruining it for me and the re-sale value.

Cissy
10-25-2015, 07:34 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSg07yn3ZCAvcaDWEt46g2DvI35JAKzX 6kN9YFdoUdProEsVWHRTw

All the better to complete the mission.