PDA

View Full Version : Report: Bill O'Reilly's Divorce Is So Ugly, the Catholic Church Got Involved

twomp
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
More lolz at our friend O'Reilly!

Bill O'Reilly's divorce from his ex-wife Maureen McPhilmy got so ugly, he tried to have her booted from the Catholic Church, Gawker reports.

'Reilly and McPhilmy split on April 2, 2010 and divorced on Sept. 1, 2011. The couple agreed to share custody of their two children, but only a month after they divorced, they were back in court after McPhilmy that learned O'Reilly had hired the neutral therapist as part of household staff, according to documents obtained by Gawker.

"The mother claimed that the [father] had repeatedly violated conditions of the agreement," reads a docket entry that Gawker identifies as O'Reilly and McPhilmy's case. "The mother further alleged that, after the execution of the agreement, the father had hired the children's therapist as a full-time employee to perform virtually all of his parental duties. ... The mother's affidavit contained specific allegations concerning the father's repeated violations of the custody provisions of the agreement since its inception. ... Moreover, the full-time employment of the children's therapist, the person designated in the agreement as a neutral third-party 'arbitrator' of custodial disputes, by the father, constitutes a significant change of circumstance which could undermine the integrity of the agreement's custodial provisions."

The website also claims that, at the pressure of O'Reilly, McPhilmy has been formally reprimanded by the Catholic church she attends for continuing to take communion, despite having been divorced and remarried. The reprimand tells McPhilmy to stop telling her children her second marriage is valid in the eyes of God, Gawker reports.

This reprimand might be the first step to excommunication if McPhilmy doesn't comply with its demands, a move Gawker hypothesizes that O'Reilly might be behind. O'Reilly donated over $65,000 to New York Catholic parishes and schools in 2011 and "carries considerable weight in the archdiocese," Gawker reports.

To top it off, O'Reilly is also attempting to seek an annulment of his 15-year marriage to McPhilmy, according to Gawker.

This wouldn't be the first time that O'Reilly went after his ex. When McPhilmy began dating the detective to whom she is now married, O'Reilly had New York's Nassau County Police Department launch an internal affairs investigation into him.

Neither O'Reilly nor McPhilmy have commented on the report.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/report-bill-oreillys-divorce-ugly-catholic-church-got-152400839.html

AuH20
03-19-2013, 01:22 PM
He lives two towns away away from me. He lives right next to my sister. If you are in Manhasset, you will run into Billo.

angelatc
03-19-2013, 01:27 PM
McPhilmy has been formally reprimanded by the Catholic church she attends for continuing to take communion, despite having been divorced and remarried.

Well, duh.

ZENemy
03-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Thats what you get for asking the government to give you permission to be with your girlfriend.

gwax23
03-19-2013, 03:28 PM
He lives two towns away away from me. He lives right next to my sister. If you are in Manhasset, you will run into Billo.

Another long islander on these forums? Thats a surprise.

libertygrl
03-19-2013, 03:43 PM
I can't even imagine what kind of woman would even be married to O'Rilley. Poor kids. They'll probably be needing therapy for life!

angelatc
03-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Thats what you get for asking the government to give you permission to be with your girlfriend.

If this wasn't about the church, that might make sense.

Philhelm
03-19-2013, 06:29 PM
"Reilly and McPhilmy split on April 2, 2010 and divorced on Sept. 1, 2011."

If you switch the shorthand of the day and year, you end up with September 11, 2001...

RickyJ
03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
"The mother further

Please tell me I am not the only one that initially saw something bad with this phrase. I thought it was O'Reilly speaking about his ex-wife for a second. :D