PDA

View Full Version : Hasta La Vista Assault Weapons Ban

RonPaulFanInGA
03-19-2013, 07:32 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/03/19/Hasta-La-Vista-Assault-Weapon-Ban

After a meeting yesterday with Harry Reid (D-NV), Sen. Dianne Feinstein learned that her controversial assault weapons ban mess will not be part of the gun control bill package heading to the senate floor next month.

tangent4ronpaul
03-19-2013, 07:47 AM
YEAH! - w00t! - somersaults!

Not like it had a snowballs chance of passing at the federal level anyway...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Caption this photo:

http://www.breitbart.com/mediaserver/7C98463891AD400B8C71B4C5BCF56E0A.jpg

A demonstration of what a "safe" / "harmless" mass shooter looks like in action...

Now where is the little thing that goes up that makes this so lethal?

-t

VBRonPaulFan
03-19-2013, 08:08 AM
woot!

osan
03-19-2013, 08:15 AM
No reason to celebrate. There will still be legislation introduced, according to the article. This could be the old strategy of asking a mile and gaining a foot. If people breathe a sigh of relief about this and relax, the less onerous-seeming legislation may face greatly reduced opposition. Not good. This tactic works time and again and if it does here I will not be terribly surprised, though plenty disappointed.

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 08:20 AM
No reason to celebrate. There will still be legislation introduced, according to the article. This could be the old strategy of asking a mile and gaining a foot. If people breathe a sigh of relief about this and relax, the less onerous-seeming legislation may face greatly reduced opposition. Not good. This tactic works time and again and if it does here I will not be terribly surprised, though plenty disappointed.

This ^^^. An the whole conversation can once again change in a heartbeat if there is another mass shooting.

tangent4ronpaul
03-19-2013, 08:24 AM
This ^^^. An the whole conversation can once again change in a heartbeat if there is another mass shooting.

Well, what can I say - the manchurian candidate programming still has some bugs in it - what with the UCF shooter self destructing early... We'll just have to queue up a few more...

-t

pacelli
03-19-2013, 08:26 AM
They'll just slide it onto another bill with a completely different name... remember the first TARP bailout of wall street? that was tacked on the "mental health parity" act....

Buy more ammunition and arms.

Organize, arm, equip and train as a militia / team.

cjm
03-19-2013, 08:27 AM

Beat me to it. I just typed basically the same thing and saw this when I refreshed the thread before posting. You are 100% correct.

cjm
03-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Caption this photo:

"The Overt Threat"

AuH20
03-19-2013, 08:40 AM
The judiciary committee just broke up the bill into more palatable sections. Death by papercuts.

Pericles
03-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Caption this photo:

-t

Tyrant

Acala
03-19-2013, 08:55 AM
The battle is not over by any means, but make no mistake that this was a huge setback for the gun grabbers. The politicians, activists, and mass media pulled out ALL the stops this time, but barely moved public opinion, and one of their most cherished laws - one that was once actually in force for a few years - didn't even have enough traction to get onto the floor of the Senate, which has a democratic majority. Don't deny yourself the pleasure of feeling good about Feinstein going down in flames. But don't let up.

phill4paul
03-19-2013, 09:05 AM
The battle is not over by any means, but make no mistake that this was a huge setback for the gun grabbers. The politicians, activists, and mass media pulled out ALL the stops this time, but barely moved public opinion, and one of their most cherished laws - one that was once actually in force for a few years - didn't even have enough traction to get onto the floor of the Senate, which has a democratic majority. Don't deny yourself the pleasure of feeling good about Feinstein going down in flames. But don't let up.

Indeed.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-19-2013, 09:15 AM
Caption this photo:

Senator Feinstein demonstrates the ease in which a military-style high powered semi-automatic machine gun sniper rifle can be reloaded by a crazed child murdering rapist.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
03-19-2013, 09:15 AM
After a meeting yesterday with Harry Reid (D-NV), Sen. Dianne Feinstein learned that her controversial assault weapons ban mess will not be part of the gun control bill package heading to the senate floor next month.

Yeah, I don't see the win here. If it's still a gun control package, it's still gun control, and they can go fuck themselves.

TokenLibertarianGuy
03-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I don't see the win here. If it's still a gun control package, it's still gun control, and they can go fuck themselves.

Even though it won't have an "assault weapon" ban, it will definitely include universal background checks, registration for ammo dealers, probably a ban on online ammo purchases, etc.

Anti Federalist
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM

Count on it.

And count on many chunks and pieces of her dog's breakfast of a bill will find its way into the final bill.

osan
03-19-2013, 11:08 AM

"I know this clippy-thing goes in here somehow... I saw it in... Oh dammit..."

brushfire
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
They're pulling an overton - look for the so called "Compromise". That was the plan all along.

Magazine cap limits - they've been pushing "assault clip" legislation since the Gabby shooting. The mag bans are also what so many local/state legislatures have been able to pass. Also keep an eye out for making private sales illegal, and more burdens placed on ammo purchases.

Acala
03-19-2013, 11:47 AM
They're pulling an overton - look for the so called "Compromise". That was the plan all along.

Magazine cap limits - they've been pushing "assault clip" legislation since the Gabby shooting. The mag bans are also what so many local/state legislatures have been able to pass. Also keep an eye out for making private sales illegal, and more burdens placed on ammo purchases.

I stick with my earlier prediction, now partly confirmed: No federal gun ban, no mag ban, no ammo restrictions. Maybe expanded background checks, although I am starting to doubt it at this point because it is so hard to implement. Maybe an expansion of the "straw man" law, but that one has some pretty hairy barnacles on it as well. As those become better understood, it may lose steam too. Keep up the good work.

Natural Citizen
03-19-2013, 12:12 PM
Going to have to start going through every single bill with a fine toothed comb, people. Especially given the reality of some compliance from the NRA.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 12:15 PM
It's not gone, you can best bet it will be back and it will be back with a vengeance. People like Dianne Feinstein, don't just give up.

Tod
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/03/19/Hasta-La-Vista-Assault-Weapon-Ban

Uh-oh....you mean they aren't tossing the WHOLE package out and there will STILL be an unconstitutional gun control law presented????

Incrementalism, anyone?

Acala
03-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Uh-oh....you mean they aren't tossing the WHOLE package out and there will STILL be an unconstitutional gun control law presented????

Incrementalism, anyone?

I think only the background check expansion and the expansion of strawman purchasing got out of committee. As you know, all kinds of shenanigans are possible down the road, but those were the only bills that made it out of a committee with a democrat majority.

tasteless
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Yay

Too bad I still live in NY

Noob
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
they are going with the back ground checks, closing the gun shows, and trying for the national gun registry.

Czolgosz
03-19-2013, 05:05 PM
This is bad news. Wish it would have passed.

Todd
03-19-2013, 05:27 PM
They'll just slide it onto another bill with a completely different name... remember the first TARP bailout of wall street? that was tacked on the "mental health parity" act....

Buy more ammunition and arms.

Organize, arm, equip and train as a militia / team.

^ this.

But I believe something like this will happen. They wont have to ban any assault weapon. They will just go after something akin to Ammo background checks or limits or taxes on ammo. Possibly limit Magazines to 10 rounds or less. Maybe later in the year this will be done more quietly. It will be just as nefarious in that it will make the weapons in question more impotent without having to ban a single one.

osan
03-19-2013, 06:22 PM
Don't deny yourself the pleasure of feeling good about Feinstein going down in flames. But don't let up.

A bit presumptuous, do you not think? People like her rarely go down in flames. She may be a rotten bag of sub-human goo but she is not entirely stupid and she most certainly is no greener. She's been in the game a long time and I would call the odds about even between this being indeed a failure as you assert and a stratagem. I know we all want to believe that not only is she painfully and horridly ugly, but that her stupidity matches that and her rottenness. I want to be able to say it and know it is true but I cannot. Fugly to make one's retina's want to burst into flame on sight? You bet. But even if she is not particularly intelligent, she is sly and wily and that in combination with her boundless corruption makes her very dangerous and meriting one's respect.

Her ban legislation is almost certainly a test case to gage public response. They will keep at it with increasing attenuation until the combination of public fatigue and the sense of "compromise" which has been so brilliantly and effectively inculcated into the average nitwit will hit pay dirt and the noose will have been tightened another notch. We have tens of millions of children from which to choose for the coming umpteen slaughterfests. Give a little time, butcher another twenty or fifty and go for the gusto once more, paring back until Joe Imbecile no longer expresses his outrage. Rinse and repeat until enough of the guns are gone such that They no longer have to afford the greater population even the most meager crumb of consideration. Those retaining their arms will be picked off on at a time and the rest will sit idly by feeling thankful that this time it wasn't them.

What we need is to express crimson outrage not only at any proposed gun laws no matter how seemingly innocuous they may be, but to rage against the laws which are currently in effect and keep at it demanding they be repealed in toto and for all time until They are forced into the decision to comply with our demands or start shooting us. Either way would work for me because at least the issue will have finally come to a head. How is that for a run-on sentence? :)

RonPaulFanInGA
03-20-2013, 02:29 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1293474!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/dailynewsfront-0320.jpg

Acala
03-20-2013, 02:38 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1293474!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/dailynewsfront-0320.jpg

Yes, shame on us for not enacting a law that would not have prevented a single one of those tragic deaths. Shame on us for not doing SOMETHING, even if it is not only futile at stopping another tragedy but makes us MORE vulnerable to worse massacres and violates the traditions of liberty that are the only thing that every made this country exceptional. Shame on us for not submitting to the mass media's shrill and dishonest drive to deprive us of our rights. Shame on us for not being total sheep. Yet.