PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Presidency Predictions

juliusaugustus
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Financial Panic - Rand Paul kills the Federal Reserve issues currency directly from the treasury and implements competition in currency. The large New York Banks in response engineer a panic which is a very easy thing to do being as they have large resources. The banks also decide to foreclose on people's mortgages. He Also refuses to bailout banks and further engineered crisis ensues. In response people will blame him for "deregulation" and will criticize the treasury for being too "politicized". People will thus think that you need a central for "stability".
IRS Killed - congress engineers a fake budget crisis similar to the "fiscal cliff" and they blame lack of revenues. This is used as an excuse to over ride veto power and implement austerity this causes nationwide riots.
Oil Shock/the ship sinks - Oil production peaks or countries decide to end the petrodollar agreement. The Dollar collapses and nationwide loss of power and mobility. People will blame him for his "Laissez-Faire" energy policies while failing to realize government policies the encourage car and oil usage. The government due to a worthless dollar the US Corporation goes bankrupt once again and a Roosevelt style presidency replaces him. People will blame his radical libertarian policies for causing the ship to sink.

thequietkid10
03-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Financial Panic - Rand Paul kills the Federal Reserve issues currency directly from the treasury and implements competition in currency. The large New York Banks in response engineer a panic which is a very easy thing to do being as they have large resources. The banks also decide to foreclose on people's mortgages. He Also refuses to bailout banks and further engineered crisis ensues. In response people will blame him for "deregulation" and will criticize the treasury for being too "politicized". People will thus think that you need a central for "stability".
IRS Killed - congress engineers a fake budget crisis similar to the "fiscal cliff" and they blame lack of revenues. This is used as an excuse to over ride veto power and implement austerity this causes nationwide riots.
Oil Shock/the ship sinks - Oil production peaks or countries decide to end the petrodollar agreement. The Dollar collapses and nationwide loss of power and mobility. People will blame him for his "Laissez-Faire" energy policies while failing to realize government policies the encourage car and oil usage. The government due to a worthless dollar the US Corporation goes bankrupt once again and a Roosevelt style presidency replaces him. People will blame his radical libertarian policies for causing the ship to sink.

No, that's what Ron Paul would do...Rand has said very little with the fed, and I imagine he would appoint Austrian friendly people into the board of governors before he starts dismantling it. Maybe he would break it down while he is lame duck, but not during the middle of the election.

The "beauty" of the welfare state is that it is all tied together, pull out one piece and the balance of power sways towards another group, who still has those government protections. You have to unravel the web, not slash it with machete.

kcchiefs6465
03-18-2013, 10:58 PM
So are you are of the assumption they are too big to fail? That to me, when they become more powerful than the rule of law, means they need to fail.

Are you of the belief that their crony-capitialist nonsense ought to be let continued because the economy is already shaken, and prosecuting criminals may worsen it?

IRS [ended] - congress engineers a fake budget crisis similar to the "fiscal cliff" and they blame lack of revenues. This is used as an excuse to over ride veto power and implement austerity this causes nationwide riots.

Good. Fuck the IRS. I'd like to not spend 22 percent of my check for a cause I see nothing out of. Pay them [debt interest] out of their own damn cash. [oh, they don't have any (actual) 'cash?..'] As if I somehow agreed to these 'taxes' simply by being born.

Congress 'engineers' budget crisises all of the damn time. Did you miss the sequester... Override veto?? He doesn't veto the shit anyways! Why would they need to take it that far for??

There will be nationwide riots. Hopefully the path is changed but I really don't see it. Speaking about austerity? These cocksuckers are brewing ale. The fuck.. it doesn't seem to matter for the next line of 'defense' amirite? More B-2s and Seawolfs and let's dance around the 'fire.' Fuck 'em. Let it collapse. I feel like I should leave a disclaimer but that's how I feel. There comes a point and time where people need to wake the fuck up. This being one.

fr33
03-18-2013, 11:19 PM

Hah. You might be right. The same type of predictions were made about a potential Ron Paul presidency. The system is entrenched and ingrained into people's minds.

TaftFan
03-18-2013, 11:20 PM
No need for such a disaster to happen in regards to our banking system.

1-Establish a no bail out precedent on behalf of the Treasury and Fed.

2-Force the big banks to raise their reserve requirements so they can't engineer a panic, and believe me with all of this new money creation there is more than enough for full reserves. How much you raise it to depends how much inflation you want to enter the non-Wall Street economy at one time.

3-Next push hard for the gold standard, with the Taylor rule as the fallback option.

4-Remove banking regulations and convert to a free banking system. The Fed might stay as a clearinghouse function only if the full act is not repealed.

TheTexan
03-18-2013, 11:20 PM
Texas secedes. Rand is cool with it, wishes us well. Best. President. Ever.

AuH20
03-18-2013, 11:31 PM
I'd say it would be 3 to 1 odds that he'd be shot or poisoned.

paulbot24
03-18-2013, 11:58 PM

Our President could get shot? Yet another reason why guns should be illegal! /S

cindy25
03-18-2013, 11:58 PM
any president could do this:
complete pay, benefit and hiring freeze for federal employees for the duration
issue a pardon for all tax related offenses, and order US attormeys not to file new cases. this defangs the IRS
ditto for DEA
implement bank secrecy by executive order
disallow the use of SS # for any purpose other than social security
end the withholding tax. FDR implemented this by executive order.
end all foreign deployments of US troops, when their cycle is done they come home with no replacement

cindy25
03-19-2013, 12:00 AM

not if the VP was just as Libertarian (Nap, Amash)

TomtheTinker
03-19-2013, 12:13 AM
My hope would be he would spend the last 60 days signing Pardons of prisoners convicted of victimless crimes.

TomtheTinker
03-19-2013, 12:15 AM
//

TomtheTinker
03-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Texas secedes. Rand is cool with it, wishes us well. Best. President. Ever. rep

cindy25
03-19-2013, 12:17 AM
My hope would be he would spend the last 60 days signing Pardons of prisoners convicted of victimless crimes.

day 1, get it done with sooner than later

No Free Beer
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM
rand paul won't ever become president.

Sola_Fide
03-19-2013, 12:59 AM
My prediction is sadly that no significant cuts to government or government spending happen in a Rand Paul presidency.

juliusaugustus
03-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Austerity will come in the form of cuts to Social Security (likely they will raid it), medicare and so on. I don't favor these programs but cutting them immediately would be disastrous the US needs to be a in better shape then you get rid of them. OF course they are not cutting corporate welfare or wars anytime soon. Petrodollar agreements would end because they are maintained purely through war and to my knowledge Rand believes in a non interventionist foreign policy. Oil maintains the value of the dollar.

juliusaugustus
03-19-2013, 01:45 AM
So are you are of the assumption they are too big to fail? That to me, when they become more powerful than the rule of law, means they need to fail.

Are you of the belief that their crony-capitialist nonsense ought to be let continued because the economy is already shaken, and prosecuting criminals may worsen it?

I don't like the New York banks nor do I think their trickery should continue but their vast wealth isn't going to disappear. The Panic which lead to the creation of the federal reserve was completely engineered.