PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul advisor: He’s already laying the groundwork for a presidential bid

RonPaulFanInGA
03-18-2013, 07:35 PM
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2013/03/18/rand-paul-advisor-hes-already-laying-the-groundwork-for-a-presidential-bid/

“I think he represents a paradigm shift,” said an adviser to both Pauls who declined to be named so he could discuss a Rand Paul bid more candidly. “He’s the first candidate to represent a new political philosophy since Ronald Reagan was the ideological champion of conservatives.”

According to the adviser, Paul is already laying the groundwork for a potential bid – his team has “already had two meetings” about 2016, and Paul’s recent trip to Israel is further evidence of his aspiration. “You don’t go to Israel like he did,” the adviser said, “unless you’re already exploring some of that territory.”

And at this early stage, the adviser said, Rand Paul is already more viable than his father ever was.

itshappening
03-18-2013, 07:46 PM
That sounds like Doug Wead. I wish he would keep quiet.

Matt Collins
03-18-2013, 09:07 PM
How is this news?

itshappening
03-18-2013, 09:17 PM
it's news because Wead is feeding the press when he shouldn't

itshappening
03-18-2013, 09:20 PM
it's never good to get ahead of yourself in politics. His "advisors" should be telling the press nothing and when asked Rand should tell them he's not making a decision for a few years.

NoOneButPaul
03-18-2013, 09:32 PM
They better figure out the Senate race nonsense first...

RickyJ
03-18-2013, 10:00 PM
It would be great to have him as president, but don't get too excited, elections are not fair in this country at the national level. Even if he became president that alone wouldn't change America, he would still have to deal with Congress.

TheTexan
03-18-2013, 10:26 PM
It would be great to have him as president, but don't get too excited, elections are not fair in this country at the national level. Even if he became president that alone wouldn't change America, he would still have to deal with Congress.

My biggest hope from a Rand presidency is that the states use that rare opportunity to secede in peace, instead of squandering that chance by fighting with Congress.

Hes the only commander in chief that I can say for sure would not start a civil war over secession

TheTexan
03-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I can see it now... the governor of Texas shaking Rand's hand, thanking him for his help in making Texas sovereign and whole again, and wishing each other well as they peacefully depart. It would be beautiful. Just fucking beautiful. *tear*

Bah. If you fuckers can have dreams of a Rand presidency, I can have dreams too. Bastards

fr33
03-18-2013, 11:51 PM
It's pretty obvious he's running for president. He's trying harder than anybody else.

XTreat
03-19-2013, 02:28 AM
There is no way to know this wasn't a "on purpose leak"

03-19-2013, 07:38 AM
it's never good to get ahead of yourself in politics. His "advisors" should be telling the press nothing and when asked Rand should tell them he's not making a decision for a few years.

Too late. Rand himself is already on record saying he is interested.

Article V
03-19-2013, 07:48 AM
it's news because Wead is feeding the press when he shouldn'tUm... it's an open secret that Rand Paul is running in 2016. Rand himself practically admitted as much on The O'Reilly Factor weeks ago.

Talk of "laying the groundwork" for 2016 actually keeps Rand in the news. If he's just some random Senator going to Israel... it's not news.