PDA

View Full Version : History Channel's Satan Looks a lot like Barack Obama

Brett85
03-17-2013, 09:16 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/history-channels-satan-looks-a-lot-like-barack-obama
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295082/Why-does-devil-The-Bible-look-exactly-like-President-Obama.html

http://www.gazetatema.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2106.jpg

Brett85
03-17-2013, 09:16 PM
This is exactly what I said when I watched this tonight!

oyarde
03-17-2013, 09:19 PM
More like Maxine Waters, lol.

qh4dotcom
03-17-2013, 09:27 PM
Obama looks much younger than History Channel's Satan.

But I can see why some people say he looks like Obama.

Anti Federalist
03-17-2013, 09:31 PM
For those who don't want to click through.

http://i.imgur.com/25zLSkw.jpg

itshappening
03-17-2013, 09:40 PM
the producers have a sense of humor.

kcchiefs6465
03-17-2013, 10:14 PM
For those who don't want to click through.

http://i.imgur.com/25zLSkw.jpg
I guess I see it. Probably a joke the crew did.

Thanks for saving me the click.

2young2vote
03-17-2013, 10:23 PM
It is funny, all the comments in that article denying it when it really does look like an old version of him.

Sola_Fide
03-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Satan isn't a menacing looking figure. Satan is someone that looks holy and does many good works. Paul describes Satan working through people who say they are apostles of Christ:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 NASB

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Satan is in churches. Satan looks like this:

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/A6WU_l6_kG4JEO_pCtHfXQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NDcxO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjMwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00NzE7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2013/03/14/conclave-cardinals-elected-pope-lead-20130313-124646-177-jpg_051433.jpg

BlackTerrel
03-17-2013, 10:39 PM

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/A6WU_l6_kG4JEO_pCtHfXQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9NDcxO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjMwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD00NzE7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/249/2013/03/14/conclave-cardinals-elected-pope-lead-20130313-124646-177-jpg_051433.jpg

Really? We're going to call the leader of a billion people "Satan"?

Sola_Fide
03-17-2013, 10:45 PM

Yes. And within the context of 2nd Corinthians 11, it fits perfectly because Paul is talking about people who boast in something other than Christ for salvation. Rome does this, therefore they are ministers of Satan.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Yes. And within the context of 2nd Corinthians 11, it fits perfectly because Paul is talking about people who boast in something other than Christ for salvation. Rome does this, therefore they are ministers of Satan.

Um, Satan is, if I remember correctly, an archangel. This guy is human. He might qualify for the Antichrist role, but he's no Satan.

Get your dogma straight. Makes your dogmaganda more convincing.

oyarde
03-17-2013, 10:49 PM
I have been to Rome, the Vatican and nobody offered me salvation . :) Of course, it could just be me, I have an intense look maybe . I did pick up some great wine in Venice though.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 10:52 PM
I have been to Rome, the Vatican and nobody offered me salvation . :) Of course, it could just be me, I have an intense look maybe . I did pick up some great wine in Venice though.

Well, as long as you drank it in rememberance of Him, you were in far better Hands than the pope's.

Sola_Fide
03-17-2013, 10:53 PM
Um, Satan is, if I remember correctly, an archangel. This guy is human. He might qualify for the Antichrist role, but he's no Satan.

Get your dogma straight. Makes your dogmaganda more convincing.

You don't have to remember anything, you just have to read. I already posted the verse that would explain what you need to know.

Satan and his ministers are in the churches posing as apostles of Christ:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 NASB

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 10:56 PM
You don't have to remember anything, you just have to read. I already posted the verse that would explain what you need to know.

Satan and his ministers are in the churches posing as apostles of Christ:

My eyesight is fine, Sola. The men disguise themselves as men of a different stripe, and Satan disguises himself as an angel of a different stripe. That is what you just posted. It's right there in black and white. I'm not the one having reading comprehension difficulties, here.

And your dogmaganda is still as weak as your dogma.

BlackTerrel
03-17-2013, 10:57 PM

Who is? All Catholics? Priests? Just the Pope? Who is Satan? "The Church"?

Anti Federalist
03-17-2013, 10:59 PM

I won't say this particular man is, but Sola Fide is right:

2 Corinthians 11:13-15

King James Version (KJV)

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Scripture is packed with warnings that evil (Satan) appears as just the opposite, it appears as righteousness and light.

Sola_Fide
03-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Who is? All Catholics? Priests? Just the Pope? Who is Satan? "The Church"?

In the context of 2nd Corinthians, it is false apostles who boast in something other than Christ for salvation, and preach this false gospel. So all of Rome's Satanic ministers, including the Pope are included in this. But by consequence, all who follow the false gospel of Rome by boasting in something other than Christ for salvation also will share in that judgement.

Philhelm
03-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Scripture is packed with warnings that evil (Satan) appears as just the opposite, it appears as righteousness and light.

Progressivism says hello. Interestingly, "We are Legion," is pretty collectivist.

oyarde
03-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Well, as long as you drank it in rememberance of Him, you were in far better Hands than the pope's.

I would like a chance to go through the Library there, I have never meet a Pope, I am not Catholic though.

TaftFan
03-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Satan is not an actual person. So the Pope can't be Satan. The anti-Christ (or another follower of Satan) is another matter, though I don't get that vibe from the newest Pope.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Progressivism says hello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zPOT8Z3UlM

Sola_Fide
03-17-2013, 11:15 PM
My eyesight is fine, Sola. The men disguise themselves as men of a different stripe, and Satan disguises himself as an angel of a different stripe. That is what you just posted. It's right there in black and white. I'm not the one having reading comprehension difficulties, here.

And your dogmaganda is still as weak as your dogma.

Well, Satan is an immaterial being. But his ministers are human and in the churches disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. They don't know they are Satan's ministers. They are just as blind as the people they make blind. They think they are "good people".

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 11:23 PM
Well, Satan is an immaterial being. But his ministers are human and in the churches disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. They don't know they are Satan's ministers. They are just as blind as the people they make blind. They think they are "good people".

Well, now you're making sense. And offending a whole lot less people in the process. Funny how often making sense and offending fewer people go hand in hand.

"There is no argument in the world carries the hatred that a religious belief does. The more learned a man is the less consideration he has for another man's belief."--Will Rogers 1924

Jesus said that having a little consideration won't kill you, and could be good for your immortal soul too. He really did...

TER
03-17-2013, 11:25 PM

King James Version (KJV)

13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

This does not mean every man who is considered a spiritual leader and who shows godly love and humility is evil or of the Evil One. Indeed, many popes have become great saints. Just as many political leaders, like Ron Paul, have been considered blessed by God. This man has been The Bishop of Rome for just a few days now and we (not necessarily you AF) condemn him as the antichrist. Like Pharisees, blinded from the greater truths by our haste judgment of another. These lead us to paranoia and complete distrust, even to the voice of our conscience. This Pope may indeed by our greatest hope for liberty in the political world. It is our duty to pray for him and for the faithful in Christ. That is how a true Christian would approach such a situation, rather then condemning to hell another while wallowing in our own prelest and sin. We should be concentrating and focusing on our own sins and working on overcoming them instead of judging others of whom we actually know little of. As if we know their hearts and what they have experienced. Guesses on the eternal judgement of another as if we have some hidden clue in the mind of God and the heart of another. What we must do is fast and repent and come before Him in fear and trembling over the multitude of our sins. What we need is prayer. Lord have mercy on me, the sinner.

Anti Federalist
03-17-2013, 11:58 PM
This does not mean every man who is considered a spiritual leader and who shows godly love and humility is evil or of the Evil One. Indeed, many popes have become great saints. Just as many political leaders, like Ron Paul, have been considered blessed by God. This man has been The Bishop of Rome for just a few days now and we (not necessarily you AF) condemn him as the antichrist. Like Pharisees, blinded from the greater truths by our haste judgment of another. These lead us to paranoia and complete distrust, even to the voice of our conscience. This Pope may indeed by our greatest hope for liberty in the political world. It is our duty to pray for him and for the faithful in Christ. That is how a true Christian would approach such a situation, rather then condemning to hell another while wallowing in our own prelest and sin. We should be concentrating and focusing on our own sins and working on overcoming them instead of judging others of whom we actually know little of. As if we know their hearts and what they have experienced. Guesses on the eternal judgement of another as if we have some hidden clue in the mind of God and the heart of another. What we must do is fast and repent and come before Him in fear and trembling over the multitude of our sins. What we need is prayer. Lord have mercy on me, the sinner.

Amen and thank you.

heavenlyboy34
03-18-2013, 12:18 AM
+rep God bless, my friend. ~hugs~ :)

green73
03-18-2013, 07:16 AM
http://www.gazetatema.net/web/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/2106.jpg

Sunday evening's episode of the History Channel's hit series 'The Bible' threw up an awkward coincidence when viewers noticed that Satan bore a remarkable resemblance to President Obama.

Twitter exploded into life during the airing of the latest edition of the Mark Burnett-produced series with most noting the striking similarities between the 44th President and the devil played by actor Mehdi Ouzaani.

The show has been a surprise hit in the ratings, with the religious mini-series attracting 13.1 million viewers on Wednesday - topping television leviathan American Idol's 12.8 million viewers on Wednesday.

cont
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295082/Why-does-devil-The-Bible-look-exactly-like-President-Obama.html

asurfaholic
03-18-2013, 07:24 AM
Lol

RonPaulFanInGA
03-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Somewhere in Hell, Satan is steaming at being compared to Obama.

FriedChicken
03-18-2013, 08:08 AM
hahaha ... I bet this will make the show more money too. It gets everyone talking about it at work, etc.

sailingaway
03-18-2013, 08:08 AM
oh, wow, he actually does.

Nonetheless, is this really politics?

KingRobbStark
03-18-2013, 08:29 AM
I fucking knew it.

green73
03-18-2013, 08:29 AM
oh, wow, he actually does.

Nonetheless, is this really politics?

Yes. Obama is the POTUS.

A Son of Liberty
03-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Makes sense to me.

presence
03-18-2013, 08:33 AM
//

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 08:44 AM
He doesn't really look like it to me if it wasn't pointed out. And I guess if you stretch you could see it.

That said... if a guy who looked anything like Ron Paul was cast in this role more than half here would be saying "conspiracy". AmIRight?

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 08:46 AM

Agree.

green73
03-18-2013, 08:53 AM
He doesn't really look like it to me if it wasn't pointed out. And I guess if you stretch you could see it.

That said... if a guy who looked anything like Ron Paul was cast in this role more than half here would be saying "conspiracy". AmIRight?

I would think we'd laugh.

sailingaway
03-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Magento is a conspiracy.

Actually, Magento doesn't look like him and this guy's eyes actually make it look like this could be bad 'age progression' stuff for Obama, imho. It really has a likeness in a caricature sort of way.

--

edit, however, I am certain it is NOT a conspiracy. I can't imagine them doing that on purpose.

Anti Federalist
03-18-2013, 09:21 AM
edit, however, I am certain it is NOT a conspiracy. I can't imagine them doing that on purpose.

Oh, I am quite sure some casting agent/producer/director noticed this right off the bat and that it was brought to somebody's attention, discussing whether to "run" with it or not.

And in the end it was decided to let it go, generate "buzz" and controversy.

Which, of course, generates ratings.

The show has been a surprise hit in the ratings, with the religious mini-series attracting 13.1 million viewers on Wednesday - topping television leviathan American Idol's 12.8 million viewers on Wednesday.

God, the mob is fickle...just when I think I have them figured out, I'm wrong.

sailingaway
03-18-2013, 09:27 AM

Bread and circuses. It's just new.

Cowlesy
03-18-2013, 09:32 AM
It's a great way to get people talking about your show, and therefore increase ratings. If any of the ad buys are based on ratings, and ratings increase, more $$$$ will flow.

Follow the $$$$, always.

green73
03-18-2013, 09:40 AM
This show has been a ratings blockbuster since its beginning. I posted on it a week or two ago.

QuickZ06
03-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Satan is not an actual person. So the Pope can't be Satan. The anti-Christ (or another follower of Satan) is another matter, though I don't get that vibe from the newest Pope.

Are you really suppose to? Is that not the idea of being hidden in disguise?

libertygrl
03-18-2013, 10:49 AM

http://www.stpeterslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/620x387xFrancis-feet-drugs-poor-EPA.jpg.pagespeed.ic.-layGe1oPK.jpg

Yeah. Humbling oneself by washing the feet of AIDS patience. That sure is satanic. :rolleyes:

Bruno
03-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Re-direct: Yep, looks like him

donnay
03-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Get thee behind me, Satan!

Christian Liberty
03-18-2013, 11:20 AM
Makes sense to me.

Even though I call Obama a mass murderer at least in an online post on a near-daily basis, something about this particular comparison has always made me feel a bit weird. Only because I have a relative who thinks Obama is the antichrist (The actual, Biblical one, not just an evil man) and yet she practically worships George W. Bush. Just saying, if Obama is Satan, there's more than one Satan. In fact, Ron Paul and Gary Johnson* were the only two in the GOP primary in 2012 that couldn't justifiably be given that name as an insult.

*Not a huge fan of Gary either, but he's definitely a few steps above the others...

There's something incomplete about sticking Obama there by himself.

Oh well, that was just hillarious.

kcchiefs6465
03-18-2013, 11:21 AM
I think it's funny. They [the creators] probably did too. And as AF stated, publicity is publicity. A lot more people now know the name of their show than would have otherwise.

kcchiefs6465
03-18-2013, 11:23 AM
I actually expected it to be a horned, red, demonic Obama when I clicked. I was disappointed that it doesn't look like a regular satan. Would have been a lot funnier if it was.

TheGrinch
03-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Oh, I am quite sure some casting agent/producer/director noticed this right off the bat and that it was brought to somebody's attention, discussing whether to "run" with it or not.

And in the end it was decided to let it go, generate "buzz" and controversy.

Yep, I guess KingNothingToSeeHere doesn't realize that conspiracies include anything that is discussed and kept private, so yes, it is likely a ratings conspiracy, just not the type of conspiracy we should concern ourselves with examining.

Sola_Fide
03-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah. Humbling oneself by washing the feet of AIDS patience. That sure is satanic. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is. As 2nd Thessalonians 2 says, the man of lawlessness will perform all kinds of wonders and good works. Satan transforms himself into an angel of light and his ministers transform themselves into apostles of Christ, as 2nd Corinthians 11 says.

gwax23
03-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I want to watch this show. Its not on Hulu

heavenlyboy34
03-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Until this thread, I did not know "American Idol" was still on the air. I assumed it had been replaced by "Ouch, my balls" or some other stupid shit. :o /doesn't own a TV

COpatriot
03-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Goddamn I love it when threads turn into "my god can beat up your god" fits.

Working Poor
03-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Well if the horns fit wear them...

TaftFan
03-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Are you really suppose to? Is that not the idea of being hidden in disguise?

I can't live my life focusing on the devils conspiracies.

Some may do good works, but that doesn't show them to be evil of course. They are always exposed by something else.

VBRonPaulFan
03-18-2013, 03:39 PM
I dunno, they don't seem alike to me at all...

Satan actually believes in God.

libertygrl
03-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Yes, it is. As 2nd Thessalonians 2 says, the man of lawlessness will perform all kinds of wonders and good works. Satan transforms himself into an angel of light and his ministers transform themselves into apostles of Christ, as 2nd Corinthians 11 says.

But you have the authoratative knowledge that this particular man IS Satan? How do YOU possess this special knowledge? That means that anytime we see a person in position of leadership in the church doing good works, he's Satan? How can you tell?

I'm not denying the Biblical quote you posted or intending to be rude. I'm just playing (no pun intended) devil's advocate here. ;) Are we then to mistrust anyone who does good works? I can't live my life mistrusting everyone and questioning their motives for doing good deeds. We have enough evil in the world and to see something good and decent for a change - like washing the feet of these aids patients - is not only moving, but could inspire more people to think of the less fortunate in the world. Now, if you could come up with a Satan meter that goes off to warn the rest of us when he's pretending to be an angel of light, then I'm all for it. LOL.

Christian Liberty
03-18-2013, 04:57 PM

King James Version (KJV)

So Obama isn't Satan... He doesn't look righteous to me...

Deborah K
03-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Actions speak louder than words. Where are the works of evil? You can't just pull a verse out of....the Bible and use it to proclaim that all Catholic Priests, Bishops, on up - are evil. Good works = evil? Orwellian much?

Deborah K
03-18-2013, 05:09 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/history-channels-satan-looks-a-lot-like-barack-obama

I feel sorry for the producers. If any of his bulldogs get a hold of this, the producers will be forced to issue an apology. :rolleyes:

Working Poor
03-18-2013, 07:20 PM
I think if the horns fit wear them...

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 08:23 PM

Yes. We should be wary of people who do good and are kind.

Sola_Fide
03-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes. We should be wary of people who do good and are kind.

Yes. The ones who are kind but yet preach a different gospel than the one the apostles preached. One that says the sacrifice of Christ is not sufficient for salvation. Yes, be wary of that. Don't only be wary of it, denounce it with all of your being.

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Yes. The ones who are kind but yet preach a different gospel than the one the apostles preached. One that says the sacrifice of Christ is not sufficient for salvation. Yes, be wary of that. Don't only be wary of it, denounce it with all of your being.

Why?

I'm not Catholic but I have nothing but respect for my Catholic friends and I wouldn't go out of my way to offend a billion people.

And I actually grew up going to an anti-Catholic Church. Hate doesn't get you far.

Sola_Fide
03-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Why?

I'm not Catholic but I have nothing but respect for my Catholic friends and I wouldn't go out of my way to offend a billion people.

And I actually grew up going to an anti-Catholic Church. Hate doesn't get you far.

Why do you ascribe hate to anything I say? When you disagree with statists, would it be fair if I said that because you disagree with statists, you hate them?

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 09:56 PM
Why do you ascribe hate to anything I say? When you disagree with statists, would it be fair if I said that because you disagree with statists, you hate them?

I don't think statists are Satan.

You think the leader of a billion Catholics is Satan. That's pretty damn harsh.

Sola_Fide
03-18-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't think statists are Satan.

You think the leader of a billion Catholics is Satan. That's pretty damn harsh.

Are you aware of the Reformation?

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 10:06 PM
Yes

Sola_Fide
03-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Yes

So, being aware of the Reformation, why would you think my being a Protestant and rejecting the Papacy is something hate-filled or out of the ordinary?

purplechoe
03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
https://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/glenn-beck-the-bible-obama.jpg?w=1024&h=531

BlackTerrel
03-18-2013, 11:52 PM
So, being aware of the Reformation, why would you think my being a Protestant and rejecting the Papacy is something hate-filled or out of the ordinary?

Rejecting the Papacy and calling the Pope Satan is the same thing?

I'm technically Protestant too. Technically. Been a while since I've been to Church.

Raised in a pretty anti-Catholic faith. Didn't even meet a Catholic till I was 18 or so. There's a lot more in common than different. I sure as hell wouldn't equate the Pope to Satan in front of any of my good Catholic friends.

Sola_Fide
03-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Rejecting the Papacy and calling the Pope Satan is the same thing?

I'm technically Protestant too. Technically. Been a while since I've been to Church.

Raised in a pretty anti-Catholic faith. Didn't even meet a Catholic till I was 18 or so. There's a lot more in common than different. I sure as hell wouldn't equate the Pope to Satan in front of any of my good Catholic friends.

Well then you aren't a Protestant. To be a Protestant means that you protest the church of Rome. The church of Rome declares me (a Protestant) anathema and unsaved because of my view of justification. All of the Reformers...Luther, Calvin, Knox, etc. all said that the papacy was the seat of the antichrist, and that there is no salvation in the Roman Catholic Church.

That is what a Protestant is. We believe the Bible, not the church of Rome.

Natural Citizen
03-19-2013, 02:28 AM

I've noticed a good bit of recent speak on main stream platforms where such discussion is brought up once in a while. Is as if your demograph is getting a kind of Christian jihadist label. And in that specific language which I found to be an interesting phenomenon. I'm not a Christian. Granny was a Cherokee after all but I do notice this kind of thing among the various religious communities as they maneuver to regain relevance.

Sola_Fide
03-19-2013, 10:15 AM
I've noticed a good bit of recent speak on main stream platforms where such discussion is brought up once in a while. Is as if your demograph is getting a kind of Christian jihadist label. And in that specific language which I found to be an interesting phenomenon. I'm not a Christian. Granny was a Cherokee after all but I do notice this kind of thing among the various religious communities as they maneuver to regain relevance.

Jihadist? Hmm. If that means "compulsion in religion" or something like that, then that description is entirely inaccurate. To the contrary, it is the church of Rome that has historically been intertwined with the state, and has massacred and oppressed people. It was this force in religion that the Reformers specifically rejected. Roman Catholicism is a perverted state-religion, not the Christianity that the apostles preached.

libertygrl
03-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Well then you aren't a Protestant. To be a Protestant means that you protest the church of Rome. The church of Rome declares me (a Protestant) anathema and unsaved because of my view of justification. All of the Reformers...Luther, Calvin, Knox, etc. all said that the papacy was the seat of the antichrist, and that there is no salvation in the Roman Catholic Church.

I was born and raised a Catholic but no longer practice any religion. I do pray and have a relationship with God though.

I agree that the Bible is what should be followed, and NOT man made doctrine. But there are millions of people brought up in the Catholic faith who have followed this without question, because it's been passed down through the generations. They really don't know any better. My mother is a senior citizen and she feels a special connection to the blessed mother. That's why she can never break away from Catholicism. She was brought up this way and it is deeply, emotionally entrenched.

I don't feel that any religion is preching the truth today- including Protestantism. You say you believe in the Bible but not the church of Rome. Yet Rome celebrates Christmas each year. Do you? That's not in the Bible either yet people celebrate it. Just saying...

Christian Liberty
03-19-2013, 01:13 PM
I don't believe that the Pope is Satan. I'm not a fan of the RCC and think that its a deeply flawed Church. I think that some Catholics will be saved but most probably won't. But to say the Pope is "Satan" is ridiculous.

Fivezeroes
03-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Hmm... looks sort of like him... Move Obama's nose mole down to his chin and it's a spitting image....

BTW this is actually a really good show.

libertygrl
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
Eww.. their devil is pretty creepy and does resemble Obama! But I think the scariest depiction was the one in Mel Gibson's movie. It was actually portrayed by a woman. I think what made it super scary was that the figure sort of glided in the background unnoticed by the crowd:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4615024908108563&pid=15.1

BlackTerrel
03-21-2013, 11:19 PM
Well then you aren't a Protestant. To be a Protestant means that you protest the church of Rome.

Fine then I'm not a Protestant. Fuck a label.

The church of Rome declares me (a Protestant) anathema and unsaved because of my view of justification. All of the Reformers...Luther, Calvin, Knox, etc. all said that the papacy was the seat of the antichrist, and that there is no salvation in the Roman Catholic Church.

Pretty damn arrogant to be making judgements about who will be saved and who won't.

I don't believe in the Church of Rome. I don't think they're Satan.

BlackTerrel
03-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Jihadist? Hmm. If that means "compulsion in religion" or something like that, then that description is entirely inaccurate. To the contrary, it is the church of Rome that has historically been intertwined with the state, and has massacred and oppressed people. It was this force in religion that the Reformers specifically rejected. Roman Catholicism is a perverted state-religion, not the Christianity that the apostles preached.

As opposed to other religions that were peaceful and never fucked with anybody :rolleyes:

Question: How come most every native born American black person I have ever met is Protestant? I think Catholics are about 30% of all Americans yet if I had to guess no more than 5% of blacks are Catholic.

Keep in mind that slaves took on the religion of their masters.

I grew up in an anti-Catholic Church if you think I'm biased.... just saying no religion is purely clean in its history.

Sola_Fide
03-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Fine then I'm not a Protestant. Fuck a label.

Okay.

Pretty damn arrogant to be making judgements about who will be saved and who won't.

Right. Rome says I am unsaved because I believe that I receive grace from God that leads me to church, rather than I get grace from the sacraments which lead me to God. Why does Rome say I am unsaved if I don't believe I get grace from their rituals? That's very arrogant, isn't it?

I don't believe in the Church of Rome. I don't think they're Satan.

If you don't believe in the church of Rome, then they say you are damned. Also, if something is not from God, it is from Satan. There is no third way or neutrality.