PDA

View Full Version : Did Sunday morning talk shows mention Rand's CPAC victory?

Matt Collins
03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Did Sunday morning talk shows mention Rand's CPAC victory?

itshappening
03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Karl Rove defended Rand on the drone filibuster while Kristol was attacking him.

That's all I saw. I can't bear the others. Keating from Oklahoma and the American Bankers Association was attacking him on NBC for "wanting to legalize heroin like his father"

supermario21
03-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Yes, the former mossy Oklahoma governor slammed Rand for wanting to legalize drugs and withdraw from NATO, Bill Kristol slammed Rand for being to the left of Obama, and George Will had a more interesting observation, saying there is a definite rise in libertarianism.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/03/17/george_will_what_i_did_see_at_cpac_was_the_rise_of _the_libertarian_strand_of_republicanism.html

Brett85
03-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Rand doesn't even support withdrawing from NATO.

itshappening
03-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Did anyone catch anything on CNN?

Candy can be reliably clueless about pretty much everything politically.

One things clear: the attacks and constant sniping have started: Isolationist, like his father, wants to legalize drugs, gay marriage, libertarian, unsuitable

anaconda
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, the former mossy Oklahoma governor slammed Rand for wanting to legalize drugs and withdraw from NATO, Bill Kristol slammed Rand for being to the left of Obama

Moss-covered! Moss-covered!

anaconda
03-17-2013, 05:31 PM
This should be a slam dunk sell for Rand:

"We can restore the Constitution. You may live as you choose within the grand expanse of your individual state, and stand as a shining beacon to the rest. We can restore the economy. We can wine the White House..."

Or you can have another Democrat for 4 years.

alucard13mmfmj
03-17-2013, 05:39 PM
im starting to see a lot of media saying how Rubio was the actual winner and that the poll was unscientific and blah blah blah.

Margo37
03-17-2013, 05:41 PM

CNN Candy Crowley did some on it. Not bad but not much. Dr Carson on. Didn't even look for any today. That was accidental.

Krzysztof Lesiak
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
They are going to ignore or minimize Rand Paul just like they did to his father.

itshappening
03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
They are going to ignore or minimize Rand Paul just like they did to his father.

Or call him isolationist, wants to legalize heroin, dangerous, unsuitable, libertarian, blah blah blah.

Indeed, they've already started.

T.hill
03-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Fox is covering it and really not bad coverage either. One Fox show talked about Rand for a little bit, I forget what show, but it was good. The host asked if the CPAC win meant he was now considered a front-runner and the guy he asked said yes and then they went on how Rand had a 67% approval rating, contrasted it with McCain/Graham.

FSP-Rebel
03-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Rand knows how to keep his name out there and what works to energize the base around him. He's doing an end-run around the DC punditry class and it's fun to watch them bitch and moan while the grassroots conservatives keep backing away from their dribble.

anaconda
03-17-2013, 05:59 PM
im starting to see a lot of media saying how Rubio was the actual winner and that the poll was unscientific and blah blah blah.

This was electronic hard voting, no? How can they invoke "statistics?" It's true that the demographic at CPAC is not the same as the entire GOP, but that's a given.

itshappening
03-17-2013, 06:04 PM
They won't ignore him - they can't really - but when he's mentioned or brought up they're very careful to stress that he's isolationist, dangerous, wrong, unsuitable, libertarian, wants to legalize heroin etc etc.

Basically, they're just going to hammer him on that and hope it sticks.

We'll start seeing the editorials backing these claims up and trying to take him apart soon enough.

This will be a fight to the death and they know it.

Rand will get trashed constantly and deliberately on every station and newspaper in the country as we get closer to 2015/2016.

unconsious767
03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Sometimes it seems to be a concerted effort for the media to attack whomever is perceived to be a threat to their owners' livelihoods. Why can't we get a copy of the memos that must come from on high? Or is it an 'eyes only' kind of communication...

juleswin
03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
I watched the panel segment on the ABC morning news show and they mentioned the libertarian influence at CPAC, mentioned Rubio by name but did not mention Rand at all. Also the time devoted to CPAC was less than 2 mins

rubioneocon
03-17-2013, 06:23 PM

Like Hannity in the '08 blowback debates . . .
"Well we don't believe our own Fox polls, everyone knows Rudy Giuliani is the winner"

So who on earth could have expected that-type analysis . . . again.

itshappening
03-17-2013, 06:26 PM
The good news is we have Hannity, Glenn Beck, Ingraham, Mark Levin and now Rush Limbaugh on side and other shows Rand has appeared on that have been friendly.

This will go along way to negating the negative crap from the mainstream (corporate/wall street/defense industry controlled) media. So I'm not so worried about it.

Most GOP primary voters will get their news from FOX who have been fair despite having Kristol attacking him.

Patrick Henry
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
That is unfortunate.
Rand doesn't even support withdrawing from NATO.

FSP-Rebel
03-17-2013, 06:59 PM
The good news is we have Hannity, Glenn Beck, Ingraham, Mark Levin and now Rush Limbaugh on side and other shows Rand has appeared on that have been friendly.

Which, unfortunately, Ron had none of. Rand's style has gone to great lengths to keep this area of programming in check. What a difference it can make in terms of hedging negativity by remaining cordial with and if not outright being a star towards these guys.

itshappening
03-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Which, unfortunately, Ron had none of. Rand's style has gone to great lengths to keep this area of programming in check. What a difference it can make in terms of hedging negativity by remaining cordial with and if not outright being a star towards these guys.

Yes, the typical GOP primary voter pays much more attention to these guys and FOX News than Brian Williams or ABC news.

Although I'm a little worried about Fox News when things get closer because The War Street Journal editorial board have been attacking Rand and it's all owned by Rupert Murdoch. Sooner or later Murdoch is going have to make a group wide ruling as to whether he likes Rand and that could affect how Ailes treats him on FOX.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 07:05 PM

This will go along way to negating the negative crap from the mainstream (corporate/wall street/defense industry controlled) media. So I'm not so worried about it.

Most GOP primary voters will get their news from FOX who have been fair despite having Kristol attacking him.

This is Stroking Season. Will any of these still be with us come Beckstabbing season?

supermario21
03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
The only thing that worries me is that people are going to tell us we need to nominate a moderate. Not only am I referring to Christie/Bush, but also Rubio who may get that label.

itshappening
03-17-2013, 07:08 PM
This is Stroking Season. Will any of these still be with us come Beckstabbing season?

It's unlikely the talk radio guys will turn and trash Rand. Fox is 50/50 as Murdoch will decide who he likes closer to the primary season and that could affect things. Rand needs to have a meeting with Rupert and try and keep him on side. He could do this by stressing that he will gut the FCC and deregulate media ownership.

rubioneocon
03-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Yes, the typical GOP primary voter pays much more attention to these guys and FOX News than Brian Williams or ABC news.

Although I'm a little worried about Fox News when things get closer because The War Street Journal editorial board have been attacking Rand and it's all owned by Rupert Murdoch. Sooner or later Murdoch is going have to make a group wide ruling as to whether he likes Rand and that could affect how Ailes treats him on FOX.

Totally agreed . . .
while Rand can be nice enough to them, keep in mind that when it gets close and you just might trust them some,
they will be ready with the knife to the back.
. . . that is how assassins work.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 08:56 PM
The only thing that worries me is that people are going to tell us we need to nominate a moderate. Not only am I referring to Christie/Bush, but also Rubio who may get that label.

Bank on it.

We need to say, over and over, 'See how well nominating a closet Democrat worked for us in 2008 and 2012?' And we need to start now.

It's unlikely the talk radio guys will turn and trash Rand. Fox is 50/50 as Murdoch will decide who he likes closer to the primary season and that could affect things. Rand needs to have a meeting with Rupert and try and keep him on side. He could do this by stressing that he will gut the FCC and deregulate media ownership.

Uh huh. Their sponsors are the corporations. Those are the customers who are always right. Not the listeners.

http://i.imgur.com/OskYdl.jpg

itshappening
03-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Bank on it.

We need to say, over and over, 'See how well nominating a closet Democrat worked for us in 2008 and 2012?' And we need to start now.

Uh huh. Their sponsors are the corporations. Those are the customers who are always right. Not the listeners.

I just find it pretty inconceivable that talk show hosts who have had him on for 5 years (by then), interviewed him numerous times and said good things about him would suddenly turn on him and trash him unless he said something stupid which he hopefully won't. The talk radio crowd aren't as controlled as the mega-corps who own the newspapers and the tv stations.

I am much more concerned about FOX as that is going to be down to Murdoch if he takes an interest.

acptulsa
03-17-2013, 09:06 PM
I just find it pretty inconceivable that talk show hosts who have had him on for 5 years (by then), interviewed him numerous times and said good things about him would suddenly turn on him and trash him unless he said something stupid which he hopefully won't. The talk radio crowd aren't as controlled as the mega-corps who own the newspapers and the tv stations.

I am much more concerned about FOX as that is going to be down to Murdoch if he takes an interest.

Murdoch will always take an interest. And most of those radio programs are on Clear Channel, which is indelibly intertwined with Fox. Besides, doesn't Glen Beck do radio? And he has turned on us every four years like clockwork.

No, if we don't expect the worst, we're going to get caught flat-footed with our pants down. Our message must be clear from now forward--trust no media (unless we develop our own).

It takes a whole lot of electricity to broadcast. There's no way they depend on moneybombs from us. They will do what their sponsors say. And their sponsors are multinationals.

VoluntaryAmerican
03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
MSNBC was talking about his win earlier. It wasn't that bad, one guy completely reamed him out. The other democrat praised his foreign policy, not calling it isolationist, but calling it more reasonable than we expect. Then the token conservative guy praised Rand. So it wasn't bad overall, but then later all the Dems piled up on his "kooky" policies and one called him racist on Civil Rights.

Karsten
03-17-2013, 09:57 PM

The more the media ignores Rand, the more I'll like him.

LibertyEagle
03-17-2013, 10:06 PM
Murdoch will always take an interest. And most of those radio programs are on Clear Channel, which is indelibly intertwined with Fox. Besides, doesn't Glen Beck do radio? And he has turned on us every four years like clockwork.

No, if we don't expect the worst, we're going to get caught flat-footed with our pants down. Our message must be clear from now forward--trust no media (unless we develop our own).

It takes a whole lot of electricity to broadcast. There's no way they depend on moneybombs from us. They will do what their sponsors say. And their sponsors are multinationals.

Exactly!!!

rubioneocon
03-18-2013, 07:06 AM
As a continuation of this thread, although someone might want to start a new thread on this . . .
since the Sunday shows are over.

Monday morning Early Start Show on CNN 5am ET said it simple with no bullsheeeet
Rand Paul won CPAC, and topic was about how the GOP needs to change.
No mention of anyone else . . . just a cold to semi-animated statement of fact . . .

itshappening
03-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Clear Channel or not I don't believe the hosts will turn on Rand. They're pretty independent because they're syndicated through a different company than the station owners.

It just seems nonsensical to speak well of him for 5 years and then suddenly to trash him. They never spoke well of Ron and readily trashed him and when the primaries started they just continued in that vein. They didn't "stab us in the back" as they were never with us in the first place. For them to do a 180 on Rand is pretty difficult to conceive.

I don't worry so much about them. I think they'll be fair even if they end up siding with someone else and Rand obviously enjoys good access to them through his staff who will have the numbers of the shows producers.

FOX and Murdoch are the main worry and must be kept on side. The War Street Journal editorial worried me and Murdoch and his organs will get their marching orders closer to the primary and that may affect how he's treated on FOX.

Athan
03-18-2013, 09:37 AM

Just wait.

itshappening
03-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Just wait.

Wait for what? None of them gave Ron the time of day and "stabbed us in the back" as I said, they were never with us in the first place. They barely mentioned him until they had to.

They're mentioning Rand and speaking well of him and also have got him on their shows regularly. It's crazy to think they will do a 180 on this. Very unlikely.

Todd
03-18-2013, 09:54 AM

Well....I don't know but the MSM picked up and ran with this.

Sarah Palin CPAC Speech Steals the Show (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/sarah-palin-cpac-speech-2013-big-gulp-bloomberg-18753388)

:rolleyes:

itshappening
03-18-2013, 09:56 AM

Sarah Palin CPAC Speech Steals the Show (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/sarah-palin-cpac-speech-2013-big-gulp-bloomberg-18753388)

ABC, NBC, CBS will pay little attention to Rand unless he becomes GOP nominee. Then they will trash him every night for months.

FSP-Rebel
03-18-2013, 10:26 AM

Their way of belittling the entire event.