PDA

View Full Version : Anti-drone Devices For Sale: Military Contractor Claims To Have Counter-UAV Technology

sailingaway
03-16-2013, 09:12 PM
http://libertycrier.com/tech/anti-drone-devices-for-sale-military-contractor-claims-to-have-counter-uav-technology/

separately, someone on twitter was claiming there was a way to do it with the lens of an old analog TV. Didn't get to how.

oyarde
03-16-2013, 09:50 PM
I had not decided if I should buy or build my own anti drone drone and arm it , or just put out a bounty on them and let someone else do it :)

oyarde
03-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Free markets !

kcchiefs6465
03-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Free markets !
Government collusion will make said interference wishful thinking. [the main problem I have with our markets]

You down one of their drones, and you'll be going away for a while.

I haven't read much of the consequences but destruction of government property, felony vandalism, and felony obstruction of justice, are just a few I could imagine them trumping up. :mad:

I do love the idea of counter UAV though.

oyarde
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
I claim my air space :) !

oyarde
03-16-2013, 09:59 PM
I will put a No Trespassing sign up on the roof of the outbuilding :)

oyarde
03-16-2013, 10:01 PM
Government collusion will make said interference wishful thinking. [the main problem I have with our markets]

I haven't read much of the consequences but destruction of government property, felony vandalism, and felony obstruction of justice, are just a few I could imagine them trumping up. :mad:

This could be why the unmanned anti drone drone might be needed to send them down in flames.No person to charge.

sailingaway
03-16-2013, 10:01 PM

In a Reason Rupe poll a week or so ago, 47% to 47% against thought we should be able to shoot down a drone that took a picture of our houses.

Zippyjuan
03-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Sounds like they are trying to make some sort of signal jammer.

separately, someone on twitter was claiming there was a way to do it with the lens of an old analog TV. Didn't get to how.
Maybe if you tie one on your head, they can't recognize your facial features?

kcchiefs6465
03-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I've been kind of confused on that myself. I could have sworn there was a thread here discussing the airspace above your house with regards to private property rights. i'm pretty sure you do own the airspace above your land. [after so many feet it become public]

Maybe someone knows the specifics?

KCIndy
03-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Actually, the anti-drone drones could become the next big thing in entertainment. Imagine building an armed drone, then setting it up with an interface to the internet. Gamers could then take control of the anti-drone drone and pay for the privilege of going "drone hunting." :D

kcchiefs6465
03-16-2013, 10:06 PM
In a Reason Rupe poll a week or so ago, 47% to 47% against thought we should be able to shoot down a drone that took a picture of our houses.
I would have been the tie breaker lol. :)

With respect, that is just the people who voted. I'd imagine the people who favor being able to knock out a drone don't frequent the internet too much. (much less feel comfortable voicing their view) [if that is how it was polled]

sailingaway
03-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I would have been the tie breaker lol. :)

With respect, that is just the people who voted. I'd imagine the people who favor being able to knock out a drone don't frequent the internet too much. (much less feel comfortable voicing their view) [if that is how it was polled]

It was a phone poll.

TheTexan
03-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Gotta be either a signal jammer or a gigantic tarp

oyarde
03-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Unless someone wants to lease some of it from me to pay my property tax , I am claiming it .

kcchiefs6465
03-16-2013, 10:09 PM
It was a phone poll.
I bet many who supported the idea didn't feel 'comfortable' in that respect either. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I don't think many Americans could not support the idea.