PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough Praises Rand Paul After Trashing Ted Cruz

anaconda
03-15-2013, 06:18 PM
Apparently right after the anti-Ted Cruz segment (although they all giggled when Willie Geist said Rand had been considered "fringy"):

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3036789/ns/msnbc-morning_joe/vp/51191858#51191892

itshappening
03-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Cruz is considered brash. He got off on the wrong foot with his Hagel thing and now confronting Feinstein in committee and pissing off Leahy... lol. It's funny but in the clubby senate it's probably not the best idea to act this way.

supermario21
03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
I like his style. Pissing off the old guard has turned John Cornyn into John Birch.

talkingpointes
03-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Remember how he would totally praise paul in private and say he would vote for him. Then didn't do a fucking thing when it mattered. MSM sucks -- what's new.

talkingpointes
03-15-2013, 06:33 PM
I like his style. Pissing off the old guard has turned John Cornyn into John Birch.

He didn't piss them off. He gave the less intelligible something to talk about.

anaconda
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Cruz is considered brash. He got off on the wrong foot with his Hagel thing and now confronting Feinstein in committee and pissing off Leahy... lol. It's funny but in the clubby senate it's probably not the best idea to act this way.

Wasn't Rand was considered brash, too? It's worked out pretty well so far.

itshappening
03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
I can't take a show seriously that features Al Sharpton as a political analyst. I mean that's just crazy.

itshappening
03-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Wasn't Rand was considered brash, too? It's worked out pretty well so far.

He's never been confrontational like Cruz, only to Clinton but i've never heard a Dem say anything about him? They call Cruz Joe McCarthy.

anaconda
03-15-2013, 06:41 PM
He gave the less intelligible something to talk about.

I'm not 100% sure I'm following but am curious about what you're saying... Who are the "less intelligible" and what new topic of conversation has Ted Cruz given them? Thanks.

fearthereaperx
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM

lol

anaconda
03-15-2013, 06:48 PM
He's never been confrontational like Cruz, only to Clinton but i've never heard a Dem say anything about him? They call Cruz Joe McCarthy.

I think Rand has been hugely confrontational in many ways. But he doesn't seem to cross examine individual fellow senators in committee hearings as if they were traitors to the Constitution. :D Yet, I hope Cruz keeps it up 110%.

itshappening
03-15-2013, 07:14 PM
I think Rand has been hugely confrontational in many ways. But he doesn't seem to cross examine individual fellow senators in committee hearings as if they were traitors to the Constitution. :D Yet, I hope Cruz keeps it up 110%.

It makes life harder if you piss them off, since they control the Senate and you rely on their goodwill to table amendments and bring up bills. What does Cruz want to accomplish ?

anaconda
03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
It makes life harder if you piss them off, since they control the Senate and you rely on their goodwill to table amendments and bring up bills. What does Cruz want to accomplish ?

You make a great point. Cruz's arguments may have been more effective in a talking filibuster format than in challenging Democrats in committee, face-to-face. But, because of Ted Cruz, at least we got to see the bill's sponsor whine like a 6th grader on national TV, when it was her chance to speak eloquently about the Constitution and what might have, alternatively, been her arguments for legal restrictions on the 2nd Amendment.

ronaldo23
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
cruz just has a very intimidating presence about him. He makes great arguments, is very well-educated, and can probably out-debate anyone in the senate with his skills. It's just his style is going to naturally rub many people the wrong way if they aren't on his side of the issue

supermario21
03-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, he and his partner at Princeton I believe were semifinalists in the world debate championships or something like that.

mosquitobite
03-15-2013, 10:01 PM
cruz just has a very intimidating presence about him. He makes great arguments, is very well-educated, and can probably out-debate anyone in the senate with his skills. It's just his style is going to naturally rub many people the wrong way if they aren't on his side of the issue

Agree.

And the rest of the pompous asses think they're too smart and elite to get a "lecture" or a debate!

TomtheTinker
03-15-2013, 10:41 PM
I Say we roll with Cruz until he doesn't deserve it. I say this..at this point we have some guy in positions of later who are worthy Makes me hopeful.

TaftFan
03-15-2013, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY66_I9IghM&feature=youtu.be

anaconda
03-16-2013, 12:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY66_I9IghM&feature=youtu.be

So why didn't dead Ted Cruz simply start out with, and completely focus on, the Heller ruling? Wouldn't it have been a slam dunk? Just say, "uhmm, Mrs. Feinstein, why are you attempting to ban guns that the Heller decision specifically protects? Why would you write an overtly unconstitutional law?.."

jtstellar
03-16-2013, 03:33 AM
huh feinstein wanted to ban assault rifiles did she not.. why is scarborough defending her, why is there even any question about this