PDA

View Full Version : A word about DMCA Removal Requests (Humor)

tangent4ronpaul
03-15-2013, 01:56 PM
http://anonnews.org/related-sites/item/315/

A word about DMCA Removal Requests

So we keep on receiving DMCA Removal Requests from obscure companies for various material. On a general note, you don't need to bother sending us those as we certainly will not remove any content. There is a simple reason for this: We do not believe in DMCA.

On a more specific note, before considering sending a DMCA you should learn how the Internet works. We recently received this email:
=================
*** Sent via Email - DMCA Notice of Copyright Infringement ***

Dear Sir/Madam,

I certify under penalty of perjury, that I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights and that the information contained in this notice is accurate.

I have a good faith belief that the page or material listed below is not authorized by law for use by the individual(s) associated with the identified page listed below or their agents and therefore infringes the copyright owner's rights.

I HEREBY DEMAND THAT YOU ACT EXPEDITIOUSLY TO REMOVE OR DISABLE ACCESS TO THE PAGE OR MATERIAL CLAIMED TO BE INFRINGING.

This notice is sent pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), the European Union's Directive on the Harmonisation of Certain Aspects of Copyright and Related Rights in the Information Society (2001/29/EC), and/or other laws and regulations relevant in European Union member states or other jurisdictions.

My contact information is as follows:

Organization name: Attributor Corporation as agent for Rights Holders listed below
Email: counter-notice@attributor.com
Phone: 650-340-9601
Mailing address:
119 South B Street
Suite A,
San Mateo, CA 94401

My electronic signature follows:
Sincerely,
/Eraj Siddiqui/
Eraj Siddiqui
Attributor, Inc.

*** INFRINGING PAGE OR MATERIAL ***

Infringing page/material that I demand be disabled or removed in consideration of the above:

Rights Holder: ABDR

Original Work: Cecil Medicina
Infringing URL: http://tpb.par-anoia.net/torrent/7438070/Livros_de_Medicina_
=============
As explained above, we usually ignore such idiotic requests. But since we're reasonable guys we will add some information that you might find helpful as it seems you have no idea of how a proxy or even torrent works.

First of all, a torrent does not contain any copyrighted material. it is simply a file with directions on where to connect to receive files.

Secondly, tpb.par-anoia.net does not even host the torrent file. What we do is offering a proxy server that redirects to the original The Pirate Bay site (thepiratebay.se). So everything you see on tpb.par-anoia.net is actually on thepiratebay.se and never stored on our servers. So you may want to contact them, but be aware that they are usually far more direct than we are.

Tl;dr: Stop sending us DMCA Removal Requests as we do not care about them. And if you choose to do so anyway, don't be ridiculous as we will simply publish your nonsense.

-t