PDA

View Full Version : DHS announces second $4.5 million gun purchase in less than a week

Lucille
03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
Eventually, they'll go to war with the standing army they have, and it sounds like it's pretty well-equipped.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=50991

Is there any reasonable explanation for these parts orders, first from Sig Sauer, now from H&K? Is this just a way for DHS to buy all the “parts” for guns, and them assemble them into complete guns, without saying that they are buying more guns?
[...]
On Monday, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) posted details of a no bid contract with weapons manufacturer Sig Sauer, worth $4.5 million over the next five years.

The contract is identical to the one DHS announced last week with Heckler & Koch.

Both contracts are for $900,000 worth of “replacement parts” a year, for weapons used by DHS agents.

While it is hard to imagine how or why a domestic agency could anticipate firing their weapons enough over the next five years to need $1.8 million annually in replacement parts, the DHS documents clearly state their need to “stock sufficient quantities of parts needed to fulfill the quantities of parts anticipated to be ordered.”

In April 2012, DHS purchased $143,000 worth of submachine guns from Heckler & Koch.
[...]
Of course, this comes on the heels of the news that DHS is purchasing 2,717 ’Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for urban use.

In light of the Obama administration’s push for gun-grabbing legislation, a flurry of “multi-agency training drills” inside our cities and towns, the dismissal of several well-respected military leaders and the purchase of urban tanks, along with 2 billion rounds of ammunition…one need not be a conspiracy theorist to be genuinely concerned about the imminent threat to our freedoms, as well as to our very lives.

Bern
03-15-2013, 09:39 AM
You have to replace stuff frequently when you keep "losing" it.

ninepointfive
03-15-2013, 10:18 AM
arming up, and drying out supply

pacelli
03-15-2013, 10:43 AM
They'll need plenty of spare parts on hand if they intend to proceed with these acts of aggression.

presence
03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
see also:

DHS announces second $4.5 million gun purchase in less than a week (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?407531-DHS-announces-second-4-5-million-gun-purchase-in-less-than-a-week&highlight=dhs+gun+purchase+week) Started by presence (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?36577-presence), 03-13-2013

Lucille
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Sorry, presence! I did it again.

presence
03-15-2013, 11:05 AM
No worries... clickability is team game.

It would be really neat if the RPF server ran a keyword analysis of each new OP (perhaps on a offsite cloud) before it was allowed to be posted, and then gave you one last chance to "add to existing thread" amongst those with common keywords.

Sometimes its nice to have threads in multiple forums on the same subject anyway. Mine is in Bearing Arms.... those tend to stick around a little longer; but views come in slowly... GP gets better quick exposure.... then buried.

I would like to see more AI / emergent technology placing threads in subforums. In my ideal forum everything would be submitted to a common feed, then through a matrix-karma based tagging system articles would get reposted to their respective subforums automatically. I'd also like to see the means for viewers to reorganize the list of ops in each subforum... sort by date only buries the important issues sans an occasional bump. The "rate this thread" system in place is grossly useless.

One of these days I might have to have a white board skype session with admin.

until then...

clickability
clickability
clickability

...whatever it takes.

Bern
03-16-2013, 10:43 AM
... The "rate this thread" system in place is grossly useless.

It doesn't have to be. I've set up several vBulletin based forums where I added a page of "best forum threads" that lists threads based upon the thread rating (and number of votes). It works pretty well.

Also, some versions of vBulletin have a thread tagging feature. I've got tag clouds set up on my forums and they also can be useful for organizing threads by topic.