PDA

View Full Version : Obama couldn’t eat at Capital Hill meeting without food ‘taster’

sailingaway
03-14-2013, 07:35 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/14/obama-couldnt-eat-at-hill-meeting-without-taster-audio/#ixzz2NYqttaOs

WASHINGTON — Following President Obama’s lunch meeting with Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill, Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins described the food served and said the president was not able to eat since his “taster” was not present.

“University of Maine recipe for healthy lobster salad — I pointed that out to the president in keeping with the first lady’s initiatives and Fox Family Potato Chips made in Aroostook County where I’m from and wild blueberry pie full of anti-oxidants, see this was a healthy lunch as well. We did have a little ice cream on the pie too, also made in Maine, Gifford’s Ice Cream. So in all seriousness this was well received,” Collins told reporters on Thursday after the meeting at the Capitol.

“Unfortunately, you know, the president can’t,” said Collins when asked if Obama ate at the lunch meeting.

“He looked longingly at it,” Collins continued. “He honestly did look longingly at it, but apparently he has to have essentially a taster, and I pointed out to him that we were all tasters for him, that if the food had been poisoned all of us would have keeled over so, but he did look longingly at it and he remarked that we have far better food than the Democrats do, and I said that was because I was hosting.”

According to a 2009 AFP report, the U.S. Secret Service has “always refused to confirm that US presidents travel with a food ‘taster’, in line with their policy of discretion on all security related issues."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/14/obama-couldnt-eat-at-hill-meeting-without-taster-audio/#ixzz2NXvwoXhK

itshappening
03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Like all good dictators, the president can't trust anyone.

-
WASHINGTON — Following President Obama’s lunch meeting with Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill, Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins described the food served and said the president was not able to eat since his “taster” was not present.

“University of Maine recipe for healthy lobster salad — I pointed that out to the president in keeping with the first lady’s initiatives and Fox Family Potato Chips made in Aroostook County where I’m from and wild blueberry pie full of anti-oxidants, see this was a healthy lunch as well. We did have a little ice cream on the pie too, also made in Maine, Gifford’s Ice Cream. So in all seriousness this was well received,” Collins told reporters on Thursday after the meeting at the Capitol.

“Unfortunately, you know, the president can’t,” said Collins when asked if Obama ate at the lunch meeting.

“He looked longingly at it,” Collins continued. “He honestly did look longingly at it, but apparently he has to have essentially a taster, and I pointed out to him that we were all tasters for him, that if the food had been poisoned all of us would have keeled over so, but he did look longingly at it and he remarked that we have far better food than the Democrats do, and I said that was because I was hosting.”

According to a 2009 AFP report, the U.S. Secret Service has “always refused to confirm that US presidents travel with a food ‘taster’, in line with their policy of discretion on all security related issues.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/03/14/obama-couldnt-eat-at-hill-meeting-without-taster-audio/#ixzz2NZLvO46b

itshappening
03-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Thanks sailing!

bump

jkr
03-14-2013, 07:59 PM
w()w

he wouldnt even supp with them?

that seems pretty evil, YO!?!

Philosophy_of_Politics
03-14-2013, 08:02 PM
He commits vile actions, and he knows it, and now he's paranoid. Instead of ceasing the actions, he expands the police state to protect himself, as well as acquiring more power for the same means.

Zippyjuan
03-14-2013, 08:04 PM
He has no choice- the Secret Service requires it. Should have dug in anyways. Sounds like it was yummy!

Christian Liberty
03-14-2013, 08:05 PM
I don't even understand the logic of this? Why the heck would senate Republicans poison Obama? Doubly so consdiering they were eating the same food....

Obama's conscience is just stinging. Rightfully so. Good. Glad he wasn't able to eat anything.

phill4paul
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Some statesmen don't need to fear the citizenry....

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0exxdcv5RW8yy/x610.jpg

Christian Liberty
03-14-2013, 08:08 PM
No statesman fears the citzenry. Tyrants and murderous thugs do. Hence why Rand Paul was able to talk to that guy with an assault rifle while Obama can't even eat food.

I thought food tasters was a monarchy thing? Guess Obama thinks he's King.

jim49er
03-14-2013, 08:17 PM
He has no choice- the Secret Service requires it. Should have dug in anyways. Sounds like it was yummy!

He should tell the Secret Service to go f@ck off.

itshappening
03-14-2013, 08:21 PM
He should tell the Secret Service to go f@ck off.

chortle.

Obama is an actor and a place man. He does what he's told.

Philhelm
03-14-2013, 08:28 PM
I guess there's no point in sending him homemade cookies now. Bummer.

PatriotOne
03-14-2013, 08:38 PM
I would want Rand to have a food taster...seriously. It's not the general public he has to fear but people in high places.

Philhelm
03-14-2013, 08:42 PM
I would want Rand to have a food taster...seriously. It's not the general public he has to fear but people in high places.

I'd volunteer for the job.

For corrupt politicians, I'd like to be the hooker tester. You know, to ensure that she's legit and all.

jim49er
03-14-2013, 08:45 PM

really? food poison? All hell would break out.

devil21
03-14-2013, 09:02 PM
I don't see the point of a food tester since anyone trying to poison him would do it with something that's not immediate acting and wouldnt affect the flavor of the food.

That old "cyanide induced foaming mouth death throes" is hollywood nonsense.

PatriotOne
03-14-2013, 09:11 PM
really? food poison? All hell would break out.

And he would still be dead if it did. All hell breaking loose wouldn't bother them one bit.

jim49er
03-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I don't see the point of a food tester since anyone trying to poison him would do it with something that's not immediate acting and wouldnt affect the flavor of the food.

That old "cyanide induced foaming mouth death throes" is hollywood nonsense.

yup

jim49er
03-14-2013, 09:17 PM
And he would still be dead if it did. All hell breaking loose wouldn't bother them one bit.

If they want to kill Rand It isn't going to be that obvious.

enhanced_deficit
02-17-2014, 07:37 PM
How much total money tax payers have spent so far on his/his family's food programs?