PDA

View Full Version : 83 Yr Old Woman Uses Gun To Scare Off Burglar, Shot And Killed By Police in Her Backyard

sailingaway
03-14-2013, 06:52 PM
http://libertycrier.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/85-yr-old-killed-by-police.jpg

Delma Towler reported a burglary at her Altavista, Virginia home and attempted to walk to her sister’s house for safety but was “gunned down like she was an animal or a criminal,” according to her daughter.

A police officer shot and killed an 83-year-old woman in her own backyard.

Delma Towler dialed 911 to report a burglary but when police arrived, one officer killed her outside her home in Altavista, Va.

“It’s not over yet. I’m going to get some justice because our mother did not deserve to die like this … to be gunned down like she was an animal or a criminal,” Towler’s daughter Linda Langford told The News and Advance.

Towler had never fired her gun before that night. She fired a warning shot out the window to scare the burglar off. Then she started walking through her backyard toward her sister’s house. She grasped the gun for protection from the reported intruder — not the police, her family maintains.

http://libertycrier.com/government/83-yr-old-woman-uses-gun-to-scare-off-burglar-shot-and-killed-by-police-in-her-backyard/?utm_source=The+Liberty+Crier&utm_campaign=4ce01cdd23-The_Liberty_Crier_Daily_News_3_14_2013&utm_medium=email

James Madison
03-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Delma Towler dialed 911...

There was the mistake.

A woman is dead and the murderer will receive a 2 weeks paid vacation. Just another day in the War on Us.

FSP-Rebel
03-14-2013, 06:59 PM
There was the mistake.

A woman is dead and the murderer will receive a 2 weeks paid vacation. Just another day in the War on Us.

Normally I'd agree but I think the officer is in some serious shit on this one. The wrongful death lawsuit that will be coming will be epic.

aGameOfThrones
03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Fuuuuuuuucckkkk!

Origanalist
03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
There was the mistake.

+rep for a horrible truth. I don't have FSP-Rebel's faith that any justice will be found for this murder.

Cleaner44
03-14-2013, 07:07 PM
It seems as if their training is working...

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/february2013/190213target5.jpg

Original_Intent
03-14-2013, 07:08 PM
This idea that "officer safety" entails going into a call guns blazing and shooting anything that moves has got to come to an end. Same goes for AF's "pet" peeve, pun intended. How do we do anything about it, that accomplishes anything?

James Madison
03-14-2013, 07:14 PM
This idea that "officer safety" entails going into a call guns blazing and shooting anything that moves has got to come to an end. Same goes for AF's "pet" peeve, pun intended. How do we do anything about it, that accomplishes anything?

The problem is the increasing militarization of police units. They are being trained as one would in the armed forces...to kill with little or no restraint.

sailingaway
03-14-2013, 07:15 PM

Note your picture caption ^^ an older woman "in her home", wtf are they NOT hesitating for?

phill4paul
03-14-2013, 07:18 PM

For myself? I have decided on practicing circular force continuum in any situation regarding cops. It's not that I WANT it this way. I just feel if I can provide immediate 'citizen safety' and then extricate myself and then lawyer up I have the best chance for success.

tod evans
03-14-2013, 07:20 PM

I only see two options..

1) Lay down and take it.

2) Shoot first.

Neither one has an acceptable outcome..

jmdrake
03-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Note your picture caption ^^ an older woman "in her home", wtf are they NOT hesitating for?

http://c481901.r1.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/elian.jpg

libertyjam
03-14-2013, 07:22 PM

There is a solution that no-one will like.

DamianTV
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Too many people still expect that when they call the cops, the cops will show up to help them, not to shoot them.

DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

asurfaholic
03-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Too many people still expect that when they call the cops, the cops will show up to help them, not to shoot them.

DO NOT TALK TO COPS.

That sounds alot like putting duct tape over a hole in your engine. The solution isnt to put a bandaid on the problem, the solution is to disarm police. The next step is to create citizen review boards that are by design impossible to be taken over by police sympathizers

Oh btw my plan is exactly like phill4paul's. if i am ever wronged, i will take the appropriate action and follow a well planned, quickly executed, escape to a safe haven.

My rights might be trampled on, but there is a line drawn in the sand.

enjerth
03-14-2013, 07:52 PM

It even looks like the kitchen, her natural habitat?

She is most dangerous.

heavenlyboy34
03-14-2013, 08:11 PM
I hear you can avoid this kind of thing by gaining F/FOC status. (Friend/Family Of Cop) :( :mad:

Christian Liberty
03-14-2013, 08:14 PM
I hear you can avoid this kind of thing by gaining F/FOC status. (Friend/Family Of Cop) :( :mad:

I do know its possible to basically get out of any traffic offense with that status.

cindy25
03-14-2013, 08:15 PM
first they shot the dogs, and they got away with it; this is the natural progression.

I support a gun ban (for police, let them carry sticks like British Bobbies )

squarepusher
03-14-2013, 08:18 PM
This woman was clearly likely acting in an aggressive/threatening manner towards the cops and I'm sure pointed the weapon at the officers and almost shot them or threaten to, even after the officers told her to drop her weapon several times.

AGRP
03-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Officer safety.

Philhelm
03-14-2013, 08:36 PM

If they send one of ours to the morgue, we send ten of theirs straight to Hell.

AFPVet
03-14-2013, 08:37 PM
1. She should not have fired a warning shot. Warning shots have never been authorized by any of the departments that I worked for.
2. She should not have called the police until after the fact to report the incident. When dealing with a justifiable shoot, you need to secure your weapon and then call it in.

When you call the cops before the incident is over, you place yourself and all other parties at risk.

Philhelm
03-14-2013, 08:43 PM
When you call the cops before the incident is over, you place yourself and all other parties at risk.

But, but, but...the government says we can rely on police to protect us, and that we don't need firearms.

AFPVet
03-14-2013, 09:00 PM
But, but, but...the government says we can rely on police to protect us, and that we don't need firearms.

Of course we can. The Supreme Court was just making jest when they said that police are not obligated to protect us lol. Don't dial 1911, dial 911... they are there to help :rolleyes:

Pericles
03-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Officer safety.
That gets second priority after my safety - plan accordingly.

Nirvikalpa
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Absolutely sick. Ugh...

AFPVet
03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
That gets second priority after my safety - plan accordingly.

In your home, you are an officer... a king. Castle doctrine :)

Pericles
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
If they send one of ours to the morgue, we send ten of theirs straight to Hell.

With a gentleman, I'm a gentleman and a half, with a fraud, I'm a fraud and a half. - Sir Francis Bacon

Smart3
03-14-2013, 09:30 PM
The Police shouldn't have guns.

Anti Federalist
03-14-2013, 09:33 PM
I posted this when it happened last year.

I'm pretty sure I posted a story about how the cops that did the shooting, of course, were just recently cleared of any wrong doing and put back to work and paid back pay.

I can't recall when that was though, maybe somebody recalls that story.

The Northbreather
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Product of zero accountability.

AFPVet
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
The Police shouldn't have guns.

There shouldn't be 'police'. Only an elected sheriff, marshal, or constable with volunteer officers. No cop should ever have more power than a civilian. Likewise, all citizens are empowered peace keepers.

The Northbreather
03-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Trained to kill but without remorse.

J_White
03-14-2013, 10:35 PM

Old woman with gun - Check.
Next one to apply ? the kid or the mother or the old man or the high school student ?

Smart3
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
There shouldn't be 'police'. Only an elected sheriff, marshal, or constable with volunteer officers. No cop should ever have more power than a civilian. Likewise, all citizens are empowered peace keepers.

That's fine with me, although I'd prefer it to be private.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
06-06-2020, 03:47 AM
Bump for relevance.

And it can never be stated enough: Do not call the pigs.