PDA

View Full Version : Fred Thompson's Website People Are Studying Paul's 'Net Success

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Just in from the LewRockwell.com blog:

The firm hired by Fred Thompson to formulate his online strategy has posted an admission that they've been studying Ron Paul's internet success and hope to emulate it by using similar techniques.

There is already tremendous buzz about Fred "I Wear More Makeup Than Hillary Clinton" Thompson, and it's only going to get bigger. I am increasingly of the opinion that this man is the gravest threat to Ron Paul's success

Read their statement for yourself:

http://www.bivingsreport.com/2007/ron-paul-and-distributed-online-campaigning/

njandrewg
06-23-2007, 12:47 AM
Ron Paul has the buzz because of his message which motivates people. Thompson's message is his worst nightmare.

X_805
06-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Manufactured internet grassroots...

I'm really starting to dislike how fake he seems...

Proctor
06-23-2007, 12:49 AM
Just expose his thoughts that he wants to "Do things only the President can do"

What does that mean? Declare Wars?

He's looking for fun and hopes to have a jolly ole time as position of Commander & Cheif.

SeanEdwards
06-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Just in from the LewRockwell.com blog:

The firm hired by Fred Thompson to formulate his online strategy has posted an admission that they've been studying Ron Paul's internet success and hope to emulate it by using similar techniques.

Interesting. Does that mean they are going to send Fred back in time 30 years so that he can establish a consistent record of integrity and wisdom like Dr. Paul has? :eek:

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 12:58 AM
I think when Fred tries to communicate his 'message', he's going to fail. It's not going to work. It will not catch fire. I'm not too worried about it.

LibertyOrDie
06-23-2007, 12:59 AM
He is a member of CFR (Council of Foreign Relations)!

Don't know what they are about? Read this from their President, scary stuff:
http://www.cfr.org/publication/9903/sovereignty_and_globalisation.html

Here is my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo5CZvD3-QM

He is not an option, PERIOD! Inform all of his followers! There is nothing else to debate!

Brandybuck
06-23-2007, 12:59 AM
The internet success of the Ron Paul campaign cannot be manufactured. It is spontaneous. Attempts to emulate it are doomed to failure.

The success we see here is because of *excitement*! You can't manufacture that. Obama has some good internet activity going on, and that's because he has a lot of people excited. In the age of the internet, you only need to get people excited, and they'll do the work for you. Thompson has a tiny bit of excitement around him, but it's ONLY because he isn't Rudy McRomney, and doesn't have a lot of visible baggage. That excitement is going to dissipate once he announces and gets into the fray.

If Freddy Boy wants to recreate the Ron Paul internet phenomena, then he needs to get people excited. But you can't do that when your unofficial campaign slogan seems to be "more of the same".

X_805
06-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I think when Fred tries to communicate his 'message', he's going to fail. It's not going to work. It will not catch fire. I'm not too worried about it.

I am. It's false. But people easily believe lies. I'm going to have to convert my preacher... :p

SeanEdwards
06-23-2007, 01:02 AM
But you can't do that when your unofficial campaign slogan seems to be "more of the same".

Fred's campaign slogan is:

"I played a district attorney on TV." :cool:

lucky
06-23-2007, 01:12 AM
Lately everything I have seen coming from them looks like they are manufacturing the RP message. Have even seen some of his ideas that sounded like they were reading something RP said.

The difference is it is possible now to go look at actual past records.

AlexAmore
06-23-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm worried. Once he has declared his candidacy then all his 7000 forum members will come out of the woodwork and do their thing. It would feel kinda funny promoting someone to other people when the guy hasn't even declared anything.

I hope i'm wrong.

X_805
06-23-2007, 01:29 AM
I hope i'm wrong.

No. You're not really. There are a lot of websites I've visited that he's their number one guy, yet they won't debate him either though...

denvervoipguru
06-23-2007, 03:03 AM
Ron Paul OWNS the Internet...HIT THE STREETS PEOPLE!

http://www.toxicboyblog.com/ronpaul/rpmeetup.JPG

http://www.toxicboyblog.com/ronpaul/ftmeetup.JPG

:cool:

DjLoTi
06-23-2007, 03:07 AM
Very, very, very nice. Can you give us the google link so that I can share this with my friends?

LizF
06-23-2007, 05:36 AM
The internet success of the Ron Paul campaign cannot be manufactured. It is spontaneous. Attempts to emulate it are doomed to failure.

The success we see here is because of *excitement*! You can't manufacture that. Obama has some good internet activity going on, and that's because he has a lot of people excited. In the age of the internet, you only need to get people excited, and they'll do the work for you. Thompson has a tiny bit of excitement around him, but it's ONLY because he isn't Rudy McRomney, and doesn't have a lot of visible baggage. That excitement is going to dissipate once he announces and gets into the fray.

If Freddy Boy wants to recreate the Ron Paul internet phenomena, then he needs to get people excited. But you can't do that when your unofficial campaign slogan seems to be "more of the same".

Spot on analysis! ;) :)

dspectre
06-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Ron Paul has the buzz because of his message which motivates people. Thompson's message is his worst nightmare.

I disagree. The problem these elitists don't understand is that you can't really "manufacture" a political movement and get very far. If Thompson's message is hollow, everyone on the internet will see it for what it is.

johngr
06-23-2007, 06:41 AM
There is already tremendous buzz about Fred "I Wear More Makeup Than Hillary Clinton" Thompson, and it's only going to get bigger. I am increasingly of the opinion that this man is the gravest threat to Ron Paul's success

Get the name right, it's Seņor Alfred "CFR" Thomaso, candidate for the office of El Presidente of the North American Union, a. k. a. "Flip-Flop Fred", gun-grabbing globalist. I take credit for these coinages and hope they become memes which will mitigate any effect he might have. Actually, I hope he lands the role in a movie (titled "President of the North American Union (where borders get erased)) -- his first horror film.

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 06:45 AM
. If Thompson's message is hollow, everyone on the internet will see it for what it is.

On the internet, maybe...

The problem is, Thompson is quickly becoming the candidate for the non-'net-savvy Republican party "base".

Sure, it's obvious that the reason he hasn't declared yet but keeps saying that he's going to is that he's trying to avoid having to answer the hard questions and that he's trying to avoid standing on stage in a debate with other candidates who are better, more polished speakers, with stronger views. When the guy tries to talk without a script, he stutters and sputters and comes off sounding like a complete buffoon.

But none of that matters. ABC News gives him a nice little forum where can read from a script somebody hands him in his big, booming Hollywood voice, and the Republican "base" just eat it up.

They give him webspace for his little blog, where he types a couple of hundred words worth of soundbites and platitudes without saying anything meaningful, and the attention-span-challenged Republican "base" just eat it up.

We here all know that the guy's a sham, but most of America thinks he's either the tough-talkin' DA on Law & Order or the tough-talkin' good ol' boy senator in a red pickup truck from Tennessee.

I'll say it again: This guy is the biggest threat to Ron Paul's campaign, and his support needs to be nipped in the bud like yesterday.

LizF
06-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Get the name right, it's Seņor Alfred "CFR" Thomaso, candidate for the office of El Presidente of the North American Union, a. k. a. "Flip-Flop Fred", gun-grabbing globalist. I take credit for these coinages and hope they become memes which will mitigate any effect he might have. Actually, I hope he lands the role in a movie (titled "President of the North American Union (where borders get erased)).

lol...I thought it was Fred "Foghorn Leghorn" Thompson.

walt
06-23-2007, 06:47 AM
I saw him speak for an hour in May - all we have to do is get peopel to watch him speak for an hour straight - they'll run so fast they won't know what hit them.

Duckman
06-23-2007, 06:59 AM
I'll say it again: This guy is the biggest threat to Ron Paul's campaign, and his support needs to be nipped in the bud like yesterday.

Eventually, he will have to declare his candidacy and get into the debates. I think at that point, he will lose some of his edge. The more people know what Fred really is, the fewer people will support him. The opposite is true about Ron Paul.

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes, yes, but until then the buzz is building.

My point is that people looking for an important place to spread the Ron Paul message need to look here:
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=4075

These people are saying that Fred Thompson is the only true conservative in the race, but when you listen to them they're comparing him to all of the other Rudy McRomney candidates.

It's like they don't even know about Ron Paul. Either that, or they think he's a fringe candidate or a "kook".

We need to take the fight to these guys and either:
a.)introduce them to Ron Paul
b.)show them that his support is not the "ten or twelve spammers" Sean Hannity says we are
or
c.)demonstrate to them the soundness of Dr. Paul's policies.

If we sit back and rest on our youtube/facebook/myspace laurels while Fred Thompson consolidates the Republican base, we've got nobody to blame but ourselves.

yongrel
06-23-2007, 07:13 AM
I also see Fred Thompson helping Ron Paul though. Like RP said, Thompson adds on more option to the pool of pro-war social conservatives, thinning out the pro-war vote. I see this as being useful to Ron Paul.

I am not worried about Fred Thompson achieving anything remotely resembling Ron Paul's internet success. His message is not one that will be adopted readily by the community as a whole, and as such will not become widespread.

Truth be told, I think Thompson's efforts may have some "blowback". Both by people growing disenchanted with his cookie-cutter message, and by people finding Ron Paul while looking at Fred Thompson online. Right now, the very few Fred Thompson videos on YouTube have links to Ron Paul videos right next to the actual FT vid.

eh, time will tell, I suppose.

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Interesting. Does that mean they are going to send Fred back in time 30 years so that he can establish a consistent record of integrity and wisdom like Dr. Paul has? :eek:

:D :D :D

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Youtube, schmoutube, to employ a yiddishism...

As someone just noted on another thread, Thompson has just eased past Paul on the Pajamas Media poll.

More and more blogs that I used to enjoy reading now have little "I'm with Fred" or "Fredhead" buttons popping up in the sidebar.

Fred is neck in neck with Rudy for the lead in the Delaware straw poll.

But if you guys think we don't need to worry about Fred, it's all cool.

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 07:25 AM
The CFR membership is the only thing that I see as a factor. Every recent President has been a member of this globalist crowd, and it's always been in their favor. Obviously sleepy-eyed Fred isn't going to spark anything with his message are bubbly personality.

The CFR establishment is going to work the back-end (special money-making events, delegate choosing for the convention, etc.) and the FT campaign will work the front-end (advertising, speech writing, internet, etc.).

The CFR is what I'm worried about. Look, if they can turn Lurch into a viable candidate, here comes sleepy-eyed Fred...

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Good point.

Another thing I've noticed is that, just as his web marketing team is looking to emulate Dr. Paul's online strategy, Fred's rhetoric is increasingly starting resemble Dr. Paul's.

We're hearing talk from his people about the Constitution, and "true Conservatism", and a lot of the things we love about Dr. Paul.

It's really easy to sit here and preach to the choir, saying, "But Ron Paul's been saying those things for years, and he's got the record to back it up."

Unless we go to Fred's supporters and explain that and provide evidence, it doesn't mean jack, and Fred rides right into the nomination on Dr. Paul's coattails.

dspectre
06-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Youtube, schmoutube, to employ a yiddishism...

As someone just noted on another thread, Thompson has just eased past Paul on the Pajamas Media poll.

More and more blogs that I used to enjoy reading now have little "I'm with Fred" or "Fredhead" buttons popping up in the sidebar.

Fred is neck in neck with Rudy for the lead in the Delaware straw poll.

But if you guys think we don't need to worry about Fred, it's all cool.

I think he is a worry just like the rest of them, but I'm fairly optimistic.

The fact that these people are "excited" in fact should show you a sign. It shows they they don't really believe in their platform, but they want to maintain the status-quo at all costs. Why should they be excited? Shouldn't they be excited by their awesome prospects they have now?

There is going to be an initial buzz when he arrives, because the media will want to make a story and build ratings. Beyond this though, when things come out about him, his support will be questionable like the other candidates. This only divides the neo-con vote, and the fact they are bringing this guy in shows how desperate they are.

It's like people getting excited over Obama...It is for shallow reasons...

They are rotting from the inside out...

Original_Intent
06-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Fred Thompson reminds me of the old saying: Sincerity is critical, once you can fake that, you've got it made. My only concern is his acting background DOES lend itself to faking sincerity.

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Yeah, nevermind.

No point trying to win over Thompson supporters by spreading the Ron Paul message on their turf. The media will do that for us when they start releasing details about him.

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 07:53 AM
'76, I think you're right on the money when it comes to Ron needing to point out Fred's record. This will haunt him in the end.

This race is still going to come down to national security in the end. That's why I do not see a Democrat winning. You'll be left with the crowd that understands the true implications of the Patriot Act and preventative war (us), and the scared-sh$$less neocon voters who think any withdrawal from the Midlle East means the entire West as we know it will instantly disappear. I think that's how Fred will play it. The domestic issues will be out of the window for the neocons...

Spirit of '76
06-23-2007, 07:58 AM
'76, I think you're right on the money when it comes to Ron needing to point out Fred's record. This will haunt him in the end.

Exactly, but we must never forget that we are Ron Paul's media machine. Even if Dr. Paul comes out and says something, the word is not going to trickle down to the average Fredhead unless we give it to 'em.

This race is still going to come down to national security in the end. That's why I do not see a Democrat winning. You'll be left with the crowd that understands the true implications of the Patriot Act and preventative war (us), and the scared-sh$$less neocon voters who think any withdrawal from the Midlle East means the entire West as we know it will instantly disappear. I think that's how Fred will play it. The domestic issues will be out of the window for the neocons...

You may be right, but I'm concerned than equally disastrous possibility is that Fred gets the nomination, then loses to Hillary Clinton on the war issue.

angelatc
06-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Manufactured internet grassroots...

I'm really starting to dislike how fake he seems...

I've been saying that for a long time. When I was exlporing Fred as a candidate, I posted a question on the Fred Boards, and was amazed at how fast it disappeared.

After lurking there a little longer, I grew to suspect it wasn't just "a guy with a Fred forum."

I still do.

Duckman
06-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Unless we go to Fred's supporters and explain that and provide evidence, it doesn't mean jack, and Fred rides right into the nomination on Dr. Paul's coattails.

Fred is being looked to as the "savior" of the Republican party, the man to rescue the Republicans from the wilderness. Talk radio is buzzing with the concept of his candidacy, and you have to imagine there's some machinery behind that. One big thing which we have to overcome is the fact that alot of the Republican electorate is happy to just have their opinions handed to them by talk radio. That's how conservatism got warped into neo-conservatism in the first place. But, Fred is a flip-flopper on abortion and amnesty, and I think once that's exposed by other candidates support for him will decline.

As the war continues to sour (wait until the surge deadline passes) I think Ron's anti-war edge will dramatically strengthen him. Whatever Bush decides to do after September, I think it will help Ron Paul. The number one reason Ron Paul only polls at 2%, in my opinion, is because a large number of Republicans do not want to rethink the War on Terror. As much as many of them now dislike Bush, they are still convinced the Bush/neo-con approach to the WoT is the only way. But with each passing month it becomes more and more apparent that this approach is not working. Only Ron Paul offers any change in course.

Not to mention Iran - I'm very worried we will be involved in a ground war in Iran before the 2008 election. But I think if we end up fighting two wars at once (Iran/Iraq), there will be an anti-war surge across the country like you wouldn't believe, and again, Ron Paul benefits.

Meanwhile, I think convincing the masses of the error of the neo-con approach is really the only way we will get widespread support among Republicans. There is, unfortunately, a sizable chunk of Republicans who can't, at this time, consider changing the approach of the War on Terror.

I think we will also be well-served by getting large numbers of non-Republican independents and even Democrats who are unhappy with their own top-tier candidates to register Republican and come onboard with Ron Paul.

cujothekitten
06-23-2007, 08:38 AM
It's just not going to work. No other candidate stirs passion in the supporters. Our grassroots are filled with activists, passionate patriots, and the internet savvy. Fred's supporters are soccer moms and NASCAR dads. They're not the internet types.

TheConstitutionLives
06-23-2007, 09:47 AM

Exactly. People can mimic all they want. It's Paul's MESSAGE that brings all of us together. Period. They can't mimic that.

denvervoipguru
06-24-2007, 04:05 AM
I love it...

The Republicans are fighting each other over who is their frontrunner...

A Pro-abortion, Open Borders, Gun Grabbing, Globalist New York Liberal (Rudy)
or
A scairdy-cat (sp?) drip who is not even running. (FT)

But does it really matter?
The Republicans have ZERO chance of winning a general election with a Pro Iraq War candidate....Period.