PDA

View Full Version : Frothy is back, and he won't Stand with Rand either

Napolitanic Wars
03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
"I disagree with Sen. Paul’s isolationist policies and believe that the most important role of our president is to keep us safe," Santorum told Politico.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/santorum-objects-to-rand-pauls-isolationist-policies

Todd
03-13-2013, 01:15 PM
With statements like that.....Some people just don't have enough foresight to see the tidal wave a comin'. Santorum will be washed away with the other rubbish once it hits. I don't see him being a major player in 16'.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
He probably wants to drone gay bars and abortion clinics.

jkr
03-13-2013, 01:19 PM
TRAITOR

Kotin
03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
I really hate that motherfucker. how is he still at all worth mentioning in the media? disgraced ex-senator who lost in a landslide and then ex-presidenital candidate who was a complete douche.. fuck me.. I cannot take even the notion of this guy being taken seriously or being asked his opinion.

compromise
03-13-2013, 01:21 PM
What an idiot. This guy is a champion of the police state.

dannno
03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
Isn't droning American citizens on American soil an isolationist policy? Or something like that?

Either way, I don't see how being against that is isolationist. It's like the idiot didn't even listen to a word he says and then comes out with some random bullshit that doesn't even make sense.

Varin
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Pretty shore he tweeted support while the filibuster was taking place, his advisors grabbed him by the ear like they did Krauthammer.

Kotin
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Pretty shore he tweeted support while the filibuster was taking place, his advisors grabbed him by the ear like they did Krauthammer.

if this is true, we should get a screenshot.. can anyone confirm this?

eleganz
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
He's going to feel like shit when he sees everyone wearing STANDwithRAND stickers at CPAC, enthused to hear Rand Speak, and finally...LOSE to Rand in the straw poll.

Keep ya bitchin Santoranium.

ctiger2
I propose we keep Frothy super safe in a locked padded cell with no windows.

Varin
if this is true, we should get a screenshot.. can anyone confirm this?

https://twitter.com/RickSantorum/status/309646584013017088

Got him but the comments cited in this thread might have been taken out of context. he might have been speaking soly on foreign policy and not domestics drone.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
He tweeted that the next morning. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that tweet was not sincere.

itshappening
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Santorum is an idiot and Ron Paul ruthlessly exposed him as a big government conservative during the campaign.

If people think Santorum and Bush who have not held office for 7 years are the future of the GOP they need their heads examined.

The future is Rand Paul. Get used to it whiners!

devil21
03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
I wouldnt be surprised at all if Frothy gets bankrolled just enough cash to run again in 2016 solely to muck up the Iowa numbers for Rand like he did to Ron.

matt0611
03-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Santorum is an idiot and Ron Paul ruthlessly exposed him as a big government conservative during the campaign.

If people think Santorum and Bush who have not held office for 7 years are the future of the GOP they need their heads examined.

The future is Rand Paul. Get used to it whiners!

"I'm real Ron, I'm real!"

:D

lib3rtarian
03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
I really hate that motherfucker. how is he still at all worth mentioning in the media? disgraced ex-senator who lost in a landslide and then ex-presidenital candidate who was a complete douche.. fuck me.. I cannot take even the notion of this guy being taken seriously or being asked his opinion.

My sentiments exactly. I would even take McCain and Grahamnesty over Frothy, and I loathe those 2. With those 2, you get authoritarian govt, but with Frothy, you get authoritarianism + theocracy. It can't get worse than that.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 04:00 PM
I don't know how Santorum had/has ANY appeal. His record was atrocious!

Lucille
03-13-2013, 04:10 PM
So Realists are "isolationists" now too?

supermario21
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM

Yep. And anti-semites as well as Neville Chamberlain-style Nazi-enablers.

libertygrl
03-13-2013, 04:14 PM
What an idiot. This guy is a champion of the police state.

And a legend in his own mind. :rolleyes:

anaconda
03-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Isn't droning American citizens on American soil an isolationist policy? Or something like that?

Either way, I don't see how being against that is isolationist. It's like the idiot didn't even listen to a word he says and then comes out with some random bullshit that doesn't even make sense.

It's partly the Pauls' fault for not dealing with the "isolationist" pejorative. Ron never spelled out a detailed and coherent military defense strategy. Rand has not even begun to spell it out, either. Rand needs to huddle with some brilliant military people and take the lead in understanding a powerful defense, how to implement it, and how to criticize and embarrass the "hawks'" on the other side of this. The voters need to know that he has the country's back. There's also plenty of corruption to expose in the current militarism.

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
"and for the record i wasnt even thinking of you during my answer. YOU are overly sensitive." ron paul to frothy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJqqrahZvss

supermario21
03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Do you think a guy like Colin Powell would jump on Rand's bandwagon? At least with FP.

Mr.NoSmile
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
It's hard to understand how anyone could even give Santorum's remarks any thought at all, given how he didn't even clarify or elaborate on why he disagrees with Paul. He can disagree, sure, but at least give some explanation rather than just say you disagree. Not even worth the time. Just staying in the limelight.

compromise
03-13-2013, 04:18 PM
Do you think a guy like Colin Powell would jump on Rand's bandwagon? At least with FP.

Wasn't Powell closely associated with neoconservatives like Bolton, Cheney and Rice?

Varin
03-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Wasn't Powell closely associated with neoconservatives like Bolton, Cheney and Rice?

I think a realist who caved and went along. For a primary he would bee bad news anyhow.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 04:23 PM

I think he kind of got hijacked by them and left before Bolton came in (I think). Powell has always been a realist and enormously popular in the mainstream. He gave a strong endorsement of Chuck Hagel on Meet the Press awhile back.

Jackie Moon
03-13-2013, 04:23 PM
"I'm real Ron, I'm real!"

:D

"Congratulations"

Todd
03-13-2013, 04:32 PM

No kidding. It's a never ending circus of name calling......see what sticks........nevermind if you're using the term correctly.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 04:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Scowcroft

This guy could work.

Uriah
03-13-2013, 05:17 PM
"and for the record i wasnt even thinking of you during my answer. YOU are overly sensitive." ron paul to frothy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJqqrahZvss

Man.... that guy Ron... what's his name Paul. He kinda makes sense... hmm.

Liberty74
03-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Santorum is a "FAKE!"

EBounding
03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
It's partly the Pauls' fault for not dealing with the "isolationist" pejorative. Ron never spelled out a detailed and coherent military defense strategy. Rand has not even begun to spell it out, either. Rand needs to huddle with some brilliant military people and take the lead in understanding a powerful defense, how to implement it, and how to criticize and embarrass the "hawks'" on the other side of this. The voters need to know that he has the country's back. There's also plenty of corruption to expose in the current militarism.

I couldn't agree more with this.

When people would ask me what exactly Ron would do to have a "strong national defense" I honestly didn't have a good answer because I didn't really know. Ron's national defense platform said:

* Make securing our borders the top national security priority.

* Avoid long and expensive land wars that bankrupt our country by using constitutional means to capture or kill terrorist leaders who helped attack the U.S. and continue to plot further attacks.

* Guarantee our intelligence community’s efforts are directed toward legitimate threats and not spying on innocent Americans through unconstitutional power grabs like the Patriot Act.

* Revitalize the military for the 21st century by eliminating waste in a trillion-dollar military budget.

But how are these things going to be implemented? I don't think we ever got a good answer. I know he said that he would bring the troops home and keep them on our bases here at home, but that sounds isolationist. He never detailed specific defense systems and strategies for a strong national defense. Yes, the other candidates didn't really do this either, but if you're trying to undo over 90 years of global intervention you need to get specific and show you have an understanding of the military's capabilities.

People would ask me, how is he going to secure the border? How do we capture/kill terrorists leaders without going to war and invading? Is "constitutional intelligence" just as good as "unconstitutional intelligence"? What exactly does a 21st century military look like?

Bringing the troops home and closing all the foreign bases is all well and good, but what's going to be done instead? Under Ron's plan Military spending would still have gone up every year. What's that money going to be spent on? Foreign intervention may be the cause of terrorism, but it's not going to go away as soon as the US pulls out of these places; the US government has made a lot of people angry at Americans. What's the constitutional strategy to deal with it?

I hope Rand is prepared to do this soon.

Christian Liberty
03-13-2013, 05:32 PM
He probably wants to drone gay bars and abortion clinics.

I'd rather drone abortion clinics than what we're doing now. At least we know for certain that we are actually killing murderers.

Obviously I'm still against it. There is a human right to a trial. Murder by doctor is currently legal in this country. I'll support Nuremberging the doctors after we do the politicians.... Innocent people would be killed, exc... But it would be less bad than droning people in other countries.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
I'd rather drone abortion clinics than what we're doing now. At least we know for certain that we are actually killing murderers.

Obviously I'm still against it. There is a human right to a trial. Murder by doctor is currently legal in this country. I'll support Nuremberging the doctors after we do the politicians.... Innocent people would be killed, exc... But it would be less bad than droning people in other countries.

Lol I agree. Don't interpret that comment to mean I'm pro-choice. Because abortion is murder to me as well. It's just something I could see him saying. And yes, Santorum was also the most aggressive bomb Iran candidate so hopefully his foreign policy is viewed repulsive as well.

bunklocoempire
03-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Santorum is a "FAKE!"

http://s6.postimage.org/mj0hr8fox/images_CABXN2_O4.jpg

speciallyblend
03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu-TYFFtcCsFrothy, just had to type that, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu-TYFFtcCs

Uriah
03-13-2013, 05:54 PM

Except if you assist a person that consciously chooses to die and would like the assistance of a doctor to minimize the pain.

KingNothing
03-13-2013, 05:58 PM
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/santorum-objects-to-rand-pauls-isolationist-policies

Rand Paul doesn't want to drone bomb Americans. What a silly isolationists.

kathy88
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
He's just butthurt because Ron called him fake. And because he's a closet gay.

kathy88
03-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Rand Paul doesn't want to drone bomb Americans. What a silly isolationists.

That would make a great tweet.

Christian Liberty
03-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Lol I agree. Don't interpret that comment to mean I'm pro-choice. Because abortion is murder to me as well. It's just something I could see him saying. And yes, Santorum was also the most aggressive bomb Iran candidate so hopefully his foreign policy is viewed repulsive as well.

Oh yeah, sorry, I knew how you felt. You also said "Gay bars" so its clear you were saying Rick wants to drone bomb them because they offend him, not because of anything to do with murder. I don't think Rick even agrees with us that abortion is murder.

I hope that nobody interprets my comment to be pro-drone either. I hate the drone pilots. I hate the drone system. I think they are evil. I think they should be abolished. But if given the choice to bomb the murderers of innocent children, even with possible collateral damage (And people who are doing it legally, so they admit to their guilt), or people who may or may not be guilty but happen to be in a foreign country, which will lead to ticking off that nation and getting America even more hated around the world, I think the former is LESS BAD than the latter.

Except if you assist a person that consciously chooses to die and would like the assistance of a doctor to minimize the pain.

Yeah, I wouldn't call that "Murder" by doctor. I think its wrong, although I also think it should be legal (There are a lot of things that I think are wrong yet should be legal because freedom... yay! I'm on RPF so that actually works, lol.) But if the person consents to it, I don't think its morally as repulsive as killing an innocent person without their consent either inside or outside the womb.

I think the "Women's body" people who don't agree with legalizing euthanasia, or heroin for that matter (I'd legalize both) and yet support legalizing abortion are massive hypocrites.

I will make one qualifier on euthanasia though. NOBODY has a right to decide that the patient needs to die, except the patient. I do not think his kids have the right to make that decision. I don't think any other person has a right to make that decision. I'd accept a document signed before the situation if, and only if, they could prove it was actually him. But otherwise, if the patient is unable to ask to be killed, you had better try to save his life, or you are negligent at the least.

Tod
03-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Rand really needs some buddies getting on the news voicing support for his positions and denouncing this crap as a failed approach.

kathy88
03-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Wow. The hatred I harbor for this putz is all coming flooding back to me. I thought we were done with his sorry ass when we voted him out, but he keeps coming back. Like herpes.

supermario21
03-13-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvGTaUqcpcY
Frothy on what he'd do at 3:20

RDM
03-13-2013, 07:59 PM
And now for a scheduled Santorum Comedy break!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5GDwbKxG58

satchelmcqueen
03-13-2013, 08:18 PM
because hes a fake! ron paul to frothy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NlMoU7-pVo